Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

Sanyo VM4500 help

Old 02-21-2004, 10:36 PM
Sweet as Gold

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sanyo VM4500 help

This question is basically for kensteele but if anyone has any info..please help. I recently bought the Sanyo VM4500 phone and have some trouble. The phone is amazing and everything but the manual that it came w/ doesn't explain how to use half of the features. One of the main problems I'm having is w/ the icons on the screen. There's like a possible of 10 different icons that can come on and I have no Idea what they mean. I kept playing w/ it and got a couple of them to go away but then they returned. Does anyone know of a link where I could download a better manual or something. Or if someone could explain better on where to find info. Thanks guys...
Old 02-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Sweet as Gold

Ohh...one other thing. Every web-site I visited showed the phone in blue..which was nice. So I was hyped to get the blue. But when I got the phone it was silver. Plus the websites said it had exchangeable faceplates. Is this true and if so where can I purchase these faceplates or the blue ones. Also if they are not interchangeable...whats the differences between the silver version and the blue version. The only thing I see different is the games. On the sites they said the blue phone came w/ games like crab something and tetris...but mine has football, bejeweled and tetris.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:02 AM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The book that came with the phone is just the Quick Start Guide. The full manual can only be found online here.

The phone comes in blue and silver. There are no interchangeable faceplates on this phone. Otherwise the two colours are identical in every way.

External non-sprintpcs websites might not be correct, those games (like crab catcher, etc) are Sanyo games and no longer come on the phone. Today there are pre-loaded teaser games on both phones that you can play and if you like them, you pay for and download the complete game. Of course there are a tons of other games to choose from and download also.

Some of the icons on the screen that you might be having trouble with are:

1)There's one that looks like crosshairs, this is the position location GPS icon, pretty much has no use right now, you can turn it off in the main menu under Settings->Location.

2)There might be an icon that looks like a phone with sound emitting from the top earpiece, that's the screen call icon, when someone calls, the phone's built-in answering machine will answer instead of going to voicemail. You can turn that off in the main menu under Voice Services->Screen Call.

3)Or you might have an icon that looks like a curved arrow pointing down. That means you have new downloads (games, ringers, screen savers, or other apps) in your phone that are unread. Under the main menu scroll to Dowloads and check each of the folders.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:00 PM
Sweet as Gold

aight cool...thanks
Old 02-25-2004, 04:45 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the silver one is rare...... you can prob slang it on ebay make a profit and then buy a blue one if u really wanted one