Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

New Sprint Phones (kensteele)

Old 12-22-2005 | 12:41 PM
-S namyaC-

It's on the site. I posted at the end of page one what it says about it. If you go to buy a plan, select a phone, then it takes you to a page for options. It's listed there.
Old 12-22-2005 | 01:16 PM
Race Director

Old 12-23-2005 | 07:48 AM
Yeehaw

Originally Posted by kensteele

My thoughts exactly. I may be semi-retarded, so keep that in mind.

by the way... I've gone through 25% of the allotted data use for a month in 40 minutes of internet browsing from the airport this morning.
Old 12-23-2005 | 07:51 AM
-S namyaC-

Originally Posted by BEETROOT
My thoughts exactly. I may be semi-retarded, so keep that in mind.

by the way... I've gone through 25% of the allotted data use for a month in 40 minutes of internet browsing from the airport this morning.
Does the Sprint software tell you how much you used?
Old 12-24-2005 | 04:42 AM
Burning Brakes

slightly off topic, but maybe i should start a new thread? are there any tweaks or hacks for this phone?
Old 12-28-2005 | 03:02 AM
Team ABP member

have any of your guys with the a9-- series phone have any suggestions on what BT headset work best? Also do you think that I could wear one underneath my bike helmet? Thanks.
Old 12-28-2005 | 11:51 AM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

whatever you do dont get a samsung... thats all the advice you need

'prouldy on my 4th sanyo'

just picked up my new baby yesterday

Old 12-28-2005 | 12:14 PM
-S namyaC-

Sanyos are for people that like carrying bricks around and looking at crappy screens

I LOVE my current Samsung, and will def get another.
Old 12-28-2005 | 01:09 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Originally Posted by proaudio22
Sanyos are for people that like carrying bricks around and looking at crappy screens

I LOVE my current Samsung, and will def get another.
I agree. Samsung, by far > Sanyo.

The topic for the last couple pages have been about Sprint Customer Service, not productivity of the phone. The A900 Phone outdoes all the Sanyo phones.
Old 12-28-2005 | 05:24 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by brianlin87
The A900 Phone outdoes all the Sanyo phones.
for now. things always get better...for both sides. it goes back and forth, when the 8100 came out, the 5500, the 7400, the 5600 those were the best phones of the day. right now i like the a900 but both sanyo and samsung are tops.
Old 12-29-2005 | 06:22 AM
Pro

I have a samsung now..and if I stay with sprint, I will get the new samsung A920. That is def a chic phone...
Old 12-29-2005 | 02:47 PM
Team ABP member

Originally Posted by DarkSithGirl
I have a samsung now..and if I stay with sprint, I will get the new samsung A920. That is def a chic phone...

heeeyyyy it is not lol I have the A920...and I think its quite a manly phone

shineynitelite - i have always had sanyo phones and loved them, however currently samsung has better phones out. Cant wait till sanyo comes out with BT than I will consider going back.

also anyone have any suggestions for BT headsets...I have been looking up all sorts of headsets but not really sure which one would better suit my phone..thanks
Old 12-29-2005 | 03:58 PM
Pro

LOL!!! sorry, when I say that I am comparing it to the Treo 650!!
Old 12-29-2005 | 07:07 PM
Team ABP member

LOL!!! sorry, when I say that I am comparing it to the Treo 650!!
funny cus I had the treo 600 (for 2months) before my a920....and I have no regrets...I missed flip phones
Old 12-29-2005 | 10:16 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by sxlova07
funny cus I had the treo 600 (for 2months) before my a920....and I have no regrets...I missed flip phones
well dark and I had this debate on Treo vs. other MM phones.....he opted for the Treo and loves it...just seems akward to me...it's too wide!
Old 01-02-2006 | 01:41 PM
Pro

Congratulate me....Dark bought me the A920 for Christmas!!! HOLY COW...I LOVE IT!! This is possibley the most awesome phone. I think even Dark has taken a liking to it more than he thought he would!! The only problem we have encountered so far, is finding a case for it.. no one seems to have them. I love listening to the radio on it and can't wait to download onto the MP3...
Old 01-02-2006 | 02:10 PM
Race Director

Congratulate me....Dark bought me the A920 for Christmas!!! HOLY COW...I LOVE IT!! This is possibley the most awesome phone. I think even Dark has taken a liking to it more than he thought he would!! The only problem we have encountered so far, is finding a case for it.. no one seems to have them. I love listening to the radio on it and can't wait to download onto the MP3...

Old 01-02-2006 | 04:29 PM
Team ABP member

totally agree with you....for days I had looked over the 900 920 and 940...and it became clear very quickly that the 920 was it. I am going to be purchasing a 512 transflash card soon so I can have some fun with the camera and other utilities. Props to your man for the good gift, my g/f paid for half of mine.
Old 01-05-2006 | 05:54 AM
Pro

totally agree with you....for days I had looked over the 900 920 and 940...and it became clear very quickly that the 920 was it. I am going to be purchasing a 512 transflash card soon so I can have some fun with the camera and other utilities. Props to your man for the good gift, my g/f paid for half of mine.
So far, the only two problems I have had with it are the BT...which seems to have worked itself out and the MP3 player. I tried to download on the card that it came with and it said "media protected". I have to remove the media protection from the card before I can download. I have no idea how to do that and I am not looking forward to spending all day in the sprint store for someone to show me. I am a little aggravated that the sales guy didn't warn me about it beforehand.
Old 01-05-2006 | 09:30 AM
The Third Ball

So far, the only two problems I have had with it are the BT...which seems to have worked itself out and the MP3 player. I tried to download on the card that it came with and it said "media protected". I have to remove the media protection from the card before I can download. I have no idea how to do that and I am not looking forward to spending all day in the sprint store for someone to show me. I am a little aggravated that the sales guy didn't warn me about it beforehand.
If its like any other removeable media....pull the card out...there should be a tiny swtich on the side somewhere.
Old 01-05-2006 | 08:06 PM
Team ABP member

I am assuming that you are using the SD transflash adapter? In which case there is a switch located near the metal contacts. Oh and a lil tip when you are putting music on the transflash card put it in a directory called MUSIC (if its not there create it). That way you can access your songs from the outside over controls.

a bit off-topic: I was given the SONY ERICSSON HBH-200 BT headset, and I am just in awe at how cool and nice it is. It is a bit original where it has a dongle display module w/ a clip where you can easily perform a good number of functions with ease. Just another option for ppl who are undecided about headsets
Old 01-05-2006 | 08:11 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by The Sarlacc
If its like any other removeable media....pull the card out...there should be a tiny swtich on the side somewhere.
there isn't a switch....the card is only as big as my fingernail
Old 01-05-2006 | 08:12 PM
Pro

I am assuming that you are using the SD transflash adapter? In which case there is a switch located near the metal contacts. Oh and a lil tip when you are putting music on the transflash card put it in a directory called MUSIC (if its not there create it). That way you can access your songs from the outside over controls.

a bit off-topic: I was given the SONY ERICSSON HBH-200 BT headset, and I am just in awe at how cool and nice it is. It is a bit original where it has a dongle display module w/ a clip where you can easily perform a good number of functions with ease. Just another option for ppl who are undecided about headsets
The only switch on the adapter is the lock to keep the SD in the adapter. I cannot get the media protection off of the card.
Old 01-06-2006 | 05:46 AM
Race Director

Where did you get the mp3's from? Are these your own songs that you want to bring over from your computer to play on the Samsung? Or is this from the Sprint Music store?

I assume your are trying to access the card while it is int he phone and the phone is connected to your computer with a cable, have you tried to use the card, the adapter, and a card reader with your computer by itself?
Old 01-07-2006 | 05:16 PM
Pro

Where did you get the mp3's from? Are these your own songs that you want to bring over from your computer to play on the Samsung? Or is this from the Sprint Music store?

I assume your are trying to access the card while it is int he phone and the phone is connected to your computer with a cable, have you tried to use the card, the adapter, and a card reader with your computer by itself?
I want to bring some songs from my pc to the phone. I got them to download on the Transflash, however, the phone is reading no content when I put the card back into the phone. I want to transfer the songs from the card to the phones internal memory. My PC has a built in adapter for SD cards and am I supposed to be using the USB cable that came with my phone for this. I was under the impression that was only for using my phone for a modem? It really sucks that Sprint gives you no directions on how to do this.
Old 01-07-2006 | 05:18 PM
Pro

it didn't ask me where I wanted to download the music to....it listed some files and music was one of them but I couldn't click them open to store any files in them.
Old 01-07-2006 | 10:30 PM
Team ABP member

it didn't ask me where I wanted to download the music to....it listed some files and music was one of them but I couldn't click them open to store any files in them.
So you are still unable to add anything to your transflash card? So I have been lurking around a few sprint mobile sights and have yet to read about anyone having an issue with putting anything on their cards. Or maybe its a sign that you should get a 512mb transflash card
Old 01-08-2006 | 12:51 AM
Pro

So you are still unable to add anything to your transflash card? So I have been lurking around a few sprint mobile sights and have yet to read about anyone having an issue with putting anything on their cards. Or maybe its a sign that you should get a 512mb transflash card
I downloaded to my card but when I try to access it after I put it back into my phone it says no content, but when I check the memory status it says I have used like 28mbs. I have no idea what to do next other than going to the sprint store for an all day field trip!!
Old 01-08-2006 | 01:30 PM
Race Director

You'll need to place the mp3s that are on the card into a particular folder. I wish I had my a920 in front of me but it's a work now so I'm gonna guess. When your phone looks for mp3s that are on the card, it will only look in the Music or the Media folder. If the mp3 are in any other folder, the Media/Music Player will not find them.

If you have a card that has no folders on it at all, you can either create the folder yourself (using your pc) or you can put the card in the phone, find the option under Tools? and reformat the card. This will erase all the data (including the mp3s) on the card and create the folders you'll need. Then you can go back and put the mp3s into the correct folder.

You cannot move the music from the card to the phone's internal memory. You must have a card installed in the phone for it to play music and you will play that music directly off the card. Even when you download Sprint music files over the air, music files are placed on the card itself and not in the phone's internal memory, which is not very large anyway.

We are no longer calling the tiny card transflash, from now on Sprint shall call them microSD. I believe the max size available is 512mb.

The included cable is used for phone-as-modem. I am not sure if you can use it to connect the phone to the pc and read the attached phone as a drive (on some Sprint phones you can do this mass storage but there were a few exceptions). In any case, just use a card reader with your PC and you'll be fine. Hope this helps. The stereo music from the a920 speakers is awesome!
Old 01-09-2006 | 10:23 AM
Team ABP member

You'll need to place the mp3s that are on the card into a particular folder. I wish I had my a920 in front of me but it's a work now so I'm gonna guess. When your phone looks for mp3s that are on the card, it will only look in the Music or the Media folder. If the mp3 are in any other folder, the Media/Music Player will not find them.

If you have a card that has no folders on it at all, you can either create the folder yourself (using your pc) or you can put the card in the phone, find the option under Tools? and reformat the card. This will erase all the data (including the mp3s) on the card and create the folders you'll need. Then you can go back and put the mp3s into the correct folder.

You cannot move the music from the card to the phone's internal memory. You must have a card installed in the phone for it to play music and you will play that music directly off the card. Even when you download Sprint music files over the air, music files are placed on the card itself and not in the phone's internal memory, which is not very large anyway.

We are no longer calling the tiny card transflash, from now on Sprint shall call them microSD. I believe the max size available is 512mb.

The included cable is used for phone-as-modem. I am not sure if you can use it to connect the phone to the pc and read the attached phone as a drive (on some Sprint phones you can do this mass storage but there were a few exceptions). In any case, just use a card reader with your PC and you'll be fine. Hope this helps. The stereo music from the a920 speakers is awesome!

In regards to the usb cable that is supplied with the phone, its only function is so the a920 can be used as a modem. No one has come up with a hack as of yet.
Old 01-10-2006 | 10:49 PM
Pro

what I have downloaded off the sprint music store is stored in my internal memory on my phone. I can play those without my card being in the phone. I guess I will try to reformat my card and see what happens. I haven't had a day off to just sit and play with it yet. Probably won't get to it until sat. I will let you know what happens with it. Thanx for the advice!!
Old 01-12-2006 | 07:08 PM
Team ABP member

what I have downloaded off the sprint music store is stored in my internal memory on my phone. I can play those without my card being in the phone. I guess I will try to reformat my card and see what happens. I haven't had a day off to just sit and play with it yet. Probably won't get to it until sat. I will let you know what happens with it. Thanx for the advice!!
any update on the mini-sd card issue?
Old 01-26-2006 | 01:15 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

any updates on new phones coming out?
Old 01-26-2006 | 10:26 PM
Pro

any update on the mini-sd card issue?
Yeah...still doesn't work! I have not a clue what is wrong. I have tried all the advice on here and found some directions for downloading it on the sprint website...and nothing works. If I had a whole day to waste, I would go to the sprint store.
Old 02-02-2006 | 03:08 AM
Team ABP member

Yeah...still doesn't work! I have not a clue what is wrong. I have tried all the advice on here and found some directions for downloading it on the sprint website...and nothing works. If I had a whole day to waste, I would go to the sprint store.
damn that sucks. I just bought a 512mb transflash card...and I am LUVING it . I am messing around and trying to put video clips on it, now if there was only a way to back up all your contacts on the card it would be pimp. Anyways hope you sort out the issue....so you can enjoy all the features of the phone.
Old 02-24-2006 | 08:22 PM
minibike wheelie king ;-)

Is size the only differences between the A900 and A920?
Old 02-25-2006 | 02:34 AM
Pro

damn that sucks. I just bought a 512mb transflash card...and I am LUVING it . I am messing around and trying to put video clips on it, now if there was only a way to back up all your contacts on the card it would be pimp. Anyways hope you sort out the issue....so you can enjoy all the features of the phone.
I have pretty much stopped messing around with it...I have been working alot of overtime to buy furniture and try to buy a house...and school is kickin my ASS!!! so when I get a break I will try to mess with it some more...glad you are enjoying yours though!
Old 02-28-2006 | 12:58 AM
The Third Ball

My mom accidentally whased her A900 she forgot in pair of pants...I guess she spilled something and rushed to wash them.

my dad texted me to tell I feel bad for her. She liked the phone a lot, but my dad got his and hers with the 18 mos discount..now, if she wants another one she has to pay full price...which I dont think she wants...so she will settle for a crappy phone

I was sorta surprised my dad didnt get insurance on them since they arent cheap phones...but i assume water damage isnt covered anyway.

shit happens.
Old 02-28-2006 | 09:39 PM
Team ABP member

I have pretty much stopped messing around with it...I have been working alot of overtime to buy furniture and try to buy a house...and school is kickin my ASS!!! so when I get a break I will try to mess with it some more...glad you are enjoying yours though!
Oh man you are missing out on some good stuff, with that whole transflash card issue. I have downloaded cartoon episodes, and loaded them on the card so I can watch on the phone. Than I got traffic and weather applications that utilize the phone's gps. So whenever you get the card working, feel free to drop me a PM and I will hook ya up.
Old 02-28-2006 | 09:48 PM
Team ABP member

Originally Posted by Gixxster
Is size the only differences between the A900 and A920?
there are more than size differences:

a920: has a tf slot
a900: larger sceen, QVGA display, 47mb of internal memory, can play custom video ringers

Quick Reply: New Sprint Phones (kensteele)