Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

Installing DVD onto my Work Laptop (Thinkpad)

Old 11-29-2001 | 03:34 PM
Instructor

Installing DVD onto my Work Laptop (Thinkpad)

Im well aware that this may not be the most appropriate forum for a discussion of this nature; however given that I am already in an inappropriate forum, that being Acura-TL.Com, I will choose the "Off-Topic" folder for this thread.

I currently use an IBM ThinkPad T21 which my work had given to me (probably so I have no excuse to not work from home after hours). In accordance with their lease, they have deactivated the DVD-Rom software/drive (so that they do not lose the deduction for "non-business" use of business assets).

Since I consider you all to have good expertise in a variety of areas, I want to know if anyone would know how to install the DVD. Do I need to download a driver or other software? If so, where is it available?

I appreciate the feedback. Thanks
Old 11-29-2001 | 04:48 PM
Instructor

Well, is it still a DVD-ROM drive in the system or did they replace it with a CD-ROM? Just put a DVD in and see if you can browse it and the see the files on it. If you can, then all you will probably need to do is get a copy of WinDVD or PowerDVD or some other software DVD player and off you go.

Paul

(edited for typos)