Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

Do you have a Twitter?

Old 09-24-2010, 02:21 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I use a twitter mainly for entertainment. I rarely tweet, only if I see something notable/funny or pisses me off. And I tend to follow people who tweet about the same things.

I don't watch reality TV shows or anything like that, and it annoys the hell out of me when people tweet about the most mundane shit in their lives. True, nobody cares except the sheep. I followed Kristina Rose for a while, but she'd tweet about every single damn thing she did, though once in a while she'd post a twitpic of her backside
Old 09-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,309 Likes on 962 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
You're right, I do miss the point. I don't have an account nor do I want one
It's just when you say "but for individuals it just seems incredibly pompous and mundane", it's an ignorant statement. If you guys don't need Twitter, I respect that. BTW, I love Acurazine where when someone asks about something, more people come to trash it (some ignorant of its usage).
Old 09-24-2010, 02:49 PM

example of people I follow that I don't know in real life:

Acurazine
Rich Eisen
NFL football info
Fake Al Davis
Real Osama bin Laden
shitmydadsays (which the TV show is apparently based off of)
a mobile lunch truck that serves good Korean/Mexican fusion (you have to follow them to know where they're at)

As hot as I think she is, I don't give a fuck what Kim Kardashian is doing now, tomorrow or yesterday, and thus I don't follow her.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878
It's just when you say "but for individuals it just seems incredibly pompous and mundane", it's an ignorant statement. If you guys don't need Twitter, I respect that. BTW, I love Acurazine where when someone asks about something, more people come to trash it (some ignorant of its usage).
We're all entitled to an opinion. You're entitled to disagree with mine.

I'll continue with my 'ignorant' statements regarding Twitter.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:26 PM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
well damn my pompous ass for following pages that give special deals and coupons via twitter and even give away free stuff...

i've seriously never posted one thing on twitter and dont follow any individuals.. stereotyping the people and the reasons they use twitter is little narrow-minded...

of course... thats my opinion.

Last edited by Rockstar21; 09-24-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by dallison
x2687381094732810

One of my colleagues found my home address on one of these websites that rates MDs. I was so livid I fired off an email to the site asking them to please remove my home address. It's cool to post my business address but it's somewhat scary that there's all this personal info out there on the interweb.

Didn't even matter that I rated 4 stars out of 4 stars with "excellent bedside manner"

That's why I don't Myspace, Facebook, Twitter etc.

Originally Posted by gypsygirl
I'm with Ken. I have no need to know what any particular person is doing right now other than the people that I can actually call on the phone. Also, I don't really have any need to share my every move with anyone else either. I actually love my privacy.
QFT I crave anonymity. That's why surfing is so wonderful. No one in the water gives a rat's ass if you're a garbage man or a neurosurgeon, it's all about how well one can ride the wave.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:28 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,974 Likes on 1,456 Posts
no, but have FB tho
Old 09-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Rockstar21
well damn my pompous ass for following pages that give special deals and coupons via twitter and even give away free stuff...

i've seriously never posted one thing on twitter and dont follow any individuals.. stereotyping the people and the reasons they use twitter is little narrow-minded...

of course... thats my opinion.

Can't you say about Acurazine: it just seems incredibly pompous and mundane. We are spouting our opinions on topics and posting about our experiences here as well. Just a different medium.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:54 PM

FWIW, if someone with the right resources wants to find out about you, they will find things, whether you have a Myspace, FB, twitter, etc. or not. Seriously.... based off of a picture or a video on youtube, internet sleuths can find out where you live, where you work, etc.

For example... the girl who threw puppies into a river? They found out the name of the youtube account who posted it (even though the video was taken down) and where he lived, and the name of the girl and where she lived. They also found out the name of the lady who threw a cat into a trash can and where she worked and what she did at her job.

After not using my Myspace for a long time, I deleted it on my facebook, all my privacy settings are cranked up to basically where if you're not my actual "friend" you can only see my picture, some of my friends, and my interests in music/TV.... and that's it. For anyone else who uses FB, I recommend the same.

If you're incredibly paranoid, don't piss anyone off.... better yet, don't use the internet at all.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:59 PM

Can't you say about Acurazine: it just seems incredibly pompous and mundane. We are spouting our opinions on topics and posting about our experiences here as well. Just a different medium.
omg, you're right.

We actually have a Twitter-like thread that stays on the first page every day since it was created... "So what are you doing today?" How is that not like twitter?

Many of us post pics of our houses... of our cars.... of our kids..... of ourselves, our friends, what we do in our spare time. What we just bought.... TVs, MP3 players, bicycles, guns, "toys" in general. What we're eating for lunch, dinner, where we're eating.

Acurazine IS a social networking site. By the way.... e-mail isn't private either
Old 09-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,112 Likes on 766 Posts
Originally Posted by Mourning Would
...don't piss anyone off.... better yet, don't use the internet at all.
I thought that was the reason the internet existed, to piss off people you've never seen?

Asshat!

Team Owner

There was a dude that on YOu Tube posted a video posing with guns and threatening local police. He's in jail now.
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Mourning Would
omg, you're right.

We actually have a Twitter-like thread that stays on the first page every day since it was created... "So what are you doing today?" How is that not like twitter?

Many of us post pics of our houses... of our cars.... of our kids..... of ourselves, our friends, what we do in our spare time. What we just bought.... TVs, MP3 players, bicycles, guns, "toys" in general. What we're eating for lunch, dinner, where we're eating.

Acurazine IS a social networking site. By the way.... e-mail isn't private either
Ironically I don't post in there.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Will Y.
I thought that was the reason the internet existed, to piss off people you've never seen?

Asshat!

What'd you call me?

Ironically I don't post in there.
I post in there, but only occasionally do I mention what I'm doing. mainly just to PW

.... and I have a facebook, and a twitter. I'm a sheep.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:14 PM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
What are you doing today/ Acurazine Twitter thread

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Continuing the renovations to my home..
ken, are you cheating on the anti-tweeters?

jk big man..
Old 09-24-2010, 07:35 PM
406 with 2 kits

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no twitter here I get bored to easily
Old 09-24-2010, 08:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts
I blog, like proper English gentlemen do. You young, snot-nosed punks can't take the time to create an epic, rambling, bullshit post about the mundane experiences and aspects of your existence. It's time you acknowledge the "Greatest Internet Generation".
Old 09-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 634 Likes on 281 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Street Spirit
How so?
The people whom I have met, and also re-connected with. The ongoing business and networking opportunities which abound. The free things I've gotten, including flights to LA, MTL, & Ottawa. An opportunity to ride with 50 people & Lance Armstrong. The list goes on & on.
The direct connections, and conversations I've had with people like Jann Arden, David Usher, my local political candidates, international bike racers.
Just an incredible plethora of amazing opportunities created, that would never have been possible before. All because if you choose, you can focus Twitter only on who you want to know, who cares about the people you already do know, that's what Facebook is for.

I understand that it's not for everyone, and I don't tell people they need to 'get on twitter'. I don't care if you do, or if you don't, but it's without a doubt brought incredible value into my life.