Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

$150 50 in. plasma $25 XBOX, PS2 $100 Sony Vaio Laptop $50 iPAQ

Old 12-15-2002, 10:24 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heres my opinion (and something that i hate about pyramid schemes, even though this isnt one).

Yeah, you guys might get your items, but remember that eventually, theres gonna be a crapload of people that are out alot of cash and holding their balls in public.

If I understand this line method correctly:

Think about it, 1 person has to have 20 people under them that paid. 20 people to get PS2 = 400 people that paid.

Even for 400 ps2's you need a whopping 8000 people that paid thinking that they are going to get their ps2's. and most of them wont.

I guess if you are in this game early, you probably have a chance at actually getting a ps2. If not, you are gonna get screwed.

neojin
Old 12-15-2002, 10:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exactly, neojin. I didn't want to get into the ethical aspect of it, but I've always thought that it requires a certain lack of morals/ethics/integrity to actually attempt to profit from these types of things, whether as the scheme head, or simply a participant. That includes Amway. Just my opinion, of course.

Todd
Old 12-15-2002, 12:17 PM
Drifting

2004 so did you get anything yet?
Old 12-15-2002, 02:02 PM
Race Director

I Got Pissed.. And emailed each of the Companys.. And this is what they state:

Website #1:
"This program is completely legal. You are not buying into the track itself. You are buying information and being placed into a track to receive a FREE item. The item you choose to receive as a free gift depends on which page you buy various kits from.

With a straight line track (matrix), you know that you will receive your item, it is just a matter of when based on the number of people signing up.

There are no pyramids involved. It is a straight-line track.

A pyramid scheme is like this:

x
x x
x x x x
xx xx xx xx
and so on...

This is a straight line track

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

As we have stated in on every web page we have, we are not selling these electronics. We are selling information.

As we offer to everyone, you can have a refund if you want, but your place will be lost in our tracks."

"After carefully reading your letter for the 3rd time (it was concerning), we do not think that you completely understand how our track systems work.

We do not know where you get "after 20 people purchase the kit for the PS2" and the "500.00". OUR PS2 track works only with 12 people with 300.00!

If you read our QA page you would understand. Sometimes we go ahead and send out the gifts ahead of schedule and move the tracks ourselves! We make around 80.00 profit from our Information kits, sometimes less depending upon the gift. That money goes back into the site and when we accumulate enough, we move the track up. We have noticed that you were very close to the top on the PS2 Information kit. It will only take around 1 month for you to receive.

As we stated before, you may have a refund if you didn't understand how this works. There are other clients who would love to have your spot on our tracks.

We hope you decide to stay. We would love to see you enjoy your PS2 as other clients have.

The way it works is for each client to receive, 12 clients must purchase the info kit. So for #2 on the list to receive their product an additional 12 must purchase our kits.

The information kits alone are worth hundreds of dollars. We have changed them around and the kits that are sent out now have hundreds of ebooks.

Their is nothing illegal against selling ebooks and offering a free gift as a promotion. NOTHING.

Each page states that we are selling information kits, not electronics.

Before we started our site, we have had our several of our own lawyers check into this matter. The 2 paragraphs above is their exact phrases!"
Old 12-15-2002, 02:03 PM
Race Director

More info from there Site:

"This is to help you understand the matrix a little better and the inner workings.

In a straight line matrix, for each person to receive an item, you must fill the matrix. What this means is best described by the following scenario:
Based on a 5 person matrix, someone will receive an item every time 5 new people sign up:

5 - Person 1 receives item
10 - Person 2 receives item
15 - Person 3 receives item

This process is sped up by a process we call auto-cycling. We are the only site we know of that uses this process. When we receive money from advertising or free items from our sponsors, we cycle people out. Based on the same matrix above, this can be seen by the following scenario:

17 - Received free item - Person 4 receives item
18 - Received $$$ to equal matrix amout - Person 5 recv.
20 - Person 6 receives item

As you can see, by using our auto-cycle, by the time there are 20 people in the matrix, instead of having 4 people cycle (which is how it should be), we have actually had 6 people cycle effectively knocking out 10 people that were needed for everyone below.

It is imperative that whenever you see an advertisement on our page, you check it out and buy if it is something you want. Don't get us wrong - we are not telling you to buy something you do not want. Just asking that if you see something you want, you get it through our referral link or banner ad as it will help everyone out on the matrices."
Old 12-15-2002, 02:04 PM
Race Director

O Ya For your info, At anytime that you are in the Matrix they will let you go and give u a refund. so its not a binding contract.. say I wait 4 months and get nothing, I just simply ask them to give me my money back and they will..
Old 12-15-2002, 02:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
say I wait 4 months and get nothing, I just simply ask them to give me my money back and they will..
What if everyone in line asks for their money back?
Old 12-15-2002, 03:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Hey I ordered the info...we'll see what happens
Old 12-15-2002, 06:10 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by tiguy99
Hey I ordered the info...we'll see what happens
U ordered what? What Website? Do not reply here, email me..

PM Me or email me at : Directplus@comcast.net
Old 12-15-2002, 08:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Read all these posts, this is a scam pure and simple. Sure it looks good when talking about a few people, but like neojin pointed out, when taken out a few digits, you can see how this scam has to eventually collapse.

Quoting their website doesn't exactly make for a good argument. Afterall, what scam artist is going to tell you they are going to rip you off and walk away with your money?? Instead they use semantics, and misdirection to try and confuse people with their own lingo and jargon till you think that what they are saying makes sense. Call it whatever you want, matrix, pyramid, ponzi, whatever you want. At the end they are all the same, scams designed to separate you from your money. The small amounts just make it more palatable, and less likely that people will get worked up enough to seek restitution later on.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:34 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I though I had already explain why this won't work twice,

anyways...

Mr. Hyde you rim looks awesome, are those C5? damn... 19" or 18"?
Old 12-15-2002, 09:06 PM
Racer

In a way, the system could work if a constant amount of people participate (which is not likely). I mean we have a living example. Our banks works because people keep depositing and barrowing money. There is a lot more money electronically than there is in real life. If everyone withdraws money, the bank will bust. Same thing if people stop getting in these "lines" there will be a lot of people that lost their money.

But it might not work because these lines are so item specific. Assuming no one is going to get a PS2 twice, there is a limited number of people to add to the PS2 fund. If the fund were to overlap like some of the money paid for the plasma TV went to the PS2 fund, it might work better.
Old 12-16-2002, 04:04 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by vojm
In a way, the system could work if a constant amount of people participate (which is not likely). I mean we have a living example. Our banks works because people keep depositing and barrowing money. There is a lot more money electronically than there is in real life. If everyone withdraws money, the bank will bust. Same thing if people stop getting in these "lines" there will be a lot of people that lost their money.

But it might not work because these lines are so item specific. Assuming no one is going to get a PS2 twice, there is a limited number of people to add to the PS2 fund. If the fund were to overlap like some of the money paid for the plasma TV went to the PS2 fund, it might work better.

Well it works... People do keep constantly paying and getting in the matrix so the matrix doesnt collapse.. It doesnt multiply like in a pyramid. u know 1 person to 2 people.. in this straight line it just goes straight down.. The owners also send 5-6 items out to the people to speed up the line, as it says here:

"This process is sped up by a process we call auto-cycling. We are the only site we know of that uses this process. When we receive money from advertising or free items from our sponsors, we cycle people out. Based on the same matrix above, this can be seen by the following scenario:

17 - Received free item - Person 4 receives item
18 - Received $$$ to equal matrix amout - Person 5 recv.
20 - Person 6 receives item

As you can see, by using our auto-cycle, by the time there are 20 people in the matrix, instead of having 4 people cycle (which is how it should be), we have actually had 6 people cycle effectively knocking out 10 people that were needed for everyone below.

It is imperative that whenever you see an advertisement on our page, you check it out and buy if it is something you want. Don't get us wrong - we are not telling you to buy something you do not want. Just asking that if you see something you want, you get it through our referral link or banner ad as it will help everyone out on the matrices."
Old 12-16-2002, 04:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally posted by SL1200MK4
I though I had already explain why this won't work twice,

anyways...

Mr. Hyde you rim looks awesome, are those C5? damn... 19" or 18"?
Nope not C5's, they are 19x8 TrafficStar DTS's

More pics, and all the info are here.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=42173

Thanx for the compliment
Old 12-16-2002, 10:56 PM
Suzuka Master

scam alert
Old 12-16-2002, 11:16 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by bdimc2001
scam alert
You can shove that when I get my new PS2 in the mail! LOL
Old 12-16-2002, 11:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by 2004TL

I already have psx and ps2 and an Xbox as well
Old 12-16-2002, 11:34 PM
Race Director

I already have psx and ps2 and an Xbox as well

And Your the one asking for donations on your profile and have a $-90 balance?
Old 01-11-2003, 12:25 AM
Race Director

scam alert

I Will Bring a Pole For you to shove that when I receive my PS2 Next WEEK! BOO YA! $25! I will take pics next week, with A-TL Website or something..
Old 01-11-2003, 05:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

You know what they say.......theres a sucker born every sec . You can call is what ever you want but someones gonna get left with there pants down at one point in this whole scheme.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:29 PM
Burning Brakes

these schemes do work as long as everything thats supposed to happen, happens just like a normal business I have no problem with someone getting my 1 dollar bill especially if down the line I'm getting 200 other people 1 dollar bills!
Old 01-12-2003, 12:21 PM
Safety Car

O Ya For your info, At anytime that you are in the Matrix they will let you go and give u a refund. so its not a binding contract.. say I wait 4 months and get nothing, I just simply ask them to give me my money back and they will..
That's what they say....

And of course they're saying its not legal, its legit, blah blah...

I can tell you its perfectly legal for me walk up to your front door, chloroform you and go in your house and steal all your money. That doesn't mean it is.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:06 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by TommyBoiSxty9

That's what they say....

And of course they're saying its not legal, its legit, blah blah...

I can tell you its perfectly legal for me walk up to your front door, chloroform you and go in your house and steal all your money. That doesn't mean it is.
Did you try to PM me? CUz it said I got your message but my PM Was FULL..?