Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

Olympics: Chinese Accused of Using Underage Athletes **Medal Stripped (page 8)**

Old 08-14-2008, 12:17 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by evilone
See I completely agree. I however don't feel the girls cheated as much as their team reps. The girls where selected and told they have to compete to earn respect for their country, seeing as how it's more important to most athletes to win "at home". The girls just did what they were told to do. I really don't see this going any further any interweb arguments. The IoC is hardly going to strip them of their medals. Unfortunately the girls are going to be the ones who suffer, because forever these games will sadly be know as China's games (where they cheated in order to win). Kind of like how baseball will forever be know (for a length of time) as the steroid era. We all lose in this situation. I really hope that the girls from the China team step up to the plate at the next games and prove to the world that they really did earn those medals. (if they beat us that is lol)

I think these girls really don't know how old they are. These girls are "taken" at daycare age and put in "mills" to produce and are lied to everyday.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
I cannot believe anyone would think that the Chinese would cheat!!!

LOL!
Old 08-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Just nine months before the Beijing Olympics, the Chinese government's news agency, Xinhua, reported that gymnast He Kexin was 13, which would have made her ineligible to be on the team that won a gold medal this week.

In its report Nov. 3, Xinhua identified He as one of "10 big new stars" who made a splash at China's Cities Games. It gave her age as 13 and reported that she beat Yang Yilin on the uneven bars at those games. In the final, "this little girl" pulled off a difficult release move on the bars known as the Li Na, named for another Chinese gymnast, Xinhua said in the report, which appeared on one of its Web sites, http://www.hb.xinhuanet.com
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080814/...derage_chinese

Take the team's medals away...
Old 08-14-2008, 12:25 PM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evilone
See I completely agree. I however don't feel the girls cheated as much as their team reps. The girls where selected and told they have to compete to earn respect for their country, seeing as how it's more important to most athletes to win "at home". The girls just did what they were told to do. I really don't see this going any further any interweb arguments. The IoC is hardly going to strip them of their medals. Unfortunately the girls are going to be the ones who suffer, because forever these games will sadly be know as China's games (where they cheated in order to win). Kind of like how baseball will forever be know (for a length of time) as the steroid era. We all lose in this situation. I really hope that the girls from the China team step up to the plate at the next games and prove to the world that they really did earn those medals. (if they beat us that is lol)

i'm not saying the girls are at fault. they were told what to do and did it. and while at it, they did a great job.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by JediMindTricks

i'm not saying the girls are at fault. they were told what to do and did it. and while at it, they did a great job.

I don't think anyone is arguing that they didn't do a great job. The problem is that they used underage competitors while other countries did not (or at least no one can tell). I'm sure other countries had awesome underage athletes that could have made their respective Olympic teams, but they did not bring them because of the rules. Rules are rules and it's the only way for competition to be fair.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX

I don't think anyone is arguing that they didn't do a great job. The problem is that they used underage competitors while other countries did not (or at least no one can tell). I'm sure other countries had awesome underage athletes that could have made their respective Olympic teams, but they did not bring them because of the rules. Rules are rules and it's the only way for competition to be fair.
exactly.

in athens, nastia would have been on the squad but because of her birthday, she wouldn't have turned 16 until the following year.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:56 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
yup. if you look at the US team, guess who's the best one on the team? the 16 yr old. the older ones def. get rattled easier.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:57 PM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
I'm having problems believing they are 16. I say cut their legs off and count the rings. You can do that, right?
precisely.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
is it possible to measure age through blood or anything like that?
Old 08-14-2008, 01:21 PM

Received 2,787 Likes on 1,987 Posts
Old 08-14-2008, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Dougler
probably not.

i think the only way to tell is by their bone structure.

or maybe see if any of them get their period
Old 08-14-2008, 01:33 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by The Dougler
You have to cut them open and count the "rings".....sorta like a tree.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Mizouse
probably not.

i think the only way to tell is by their bone structure.

or maybe see if any of them get their period
Can't even use that. A lot of high-calibur athletes don't get their periods due to their training. Not to mention some females can start periods at or under age 10, or much later into their teen years. It all depends on the person.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
Can't even use that. A lot of high-calibur athletes don't get their periods due to their training. Not to mention some females can start periods at or under age 10, or much later into their teen years. It all depends on the person.
i was kind of joking about that
Old 08-14-2008, 02:09 PM
99 TL, 06 E350

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts
This is the Olympics man! Eveybody cheats!
Old 08-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Unofficial Goat

Originally Posted by Black Tire
I thought that was only the Tour de France
Old 08-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Hold the onions

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by synth19
I don't know wtf you guys are talking about. IMHO, Asian ppl are generally smaller, look younger, etc. so comparing simply basked on looks and loose speculations doesn't make sense to me. Cry all you want, but unless their is hard proof, we are just coming off as whiners.
x2 You guys can't compare their weight to your skinny asian gfs or thicker caucasian gymnasts. These girls eat a totally different diet than american fast food.

On another note Dara Torres was praised as the oldest olympic swimming medalist in history at 41 years old. That b!tch was cheating.

Originally Posted by TeknoKing
If the U.S. team has won the gold, this thread wouldn't even exist..
U.S. seems to scapegoat as always at anyone success.
USA #1
Old 08-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's obvious some of these girls are under the age of 16, but I don't see why the Olympics should have a minimum age. If a 12 year old can compete against an 18 year old(not only in gymnastics), then why should they be prohibited from competing?

Everyone is just sore that the US didn't win. Boo-hoo...
Old 08-14-2008, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by zot09
It's obvious some of these girls are under the age of 16, but I don't see why the Olympics should have a minimum age. If a 12 year old can compete against an 18 year old(not only in gymnastics), then why should they be prohibited from competing?

Old 08-14-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm Down Right Fierce!

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Tire
I thought that was Major League Baseball.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by zot09

i can't speak for everyone here, but i have to disagree with your post...well except the part about it being obvious that some of the girls are under 16.

1. it's not unsual for the olympics to have age limits. heck, they even have an maximum age limit for soccer.

but if they didn't have an age limit for women's gymnastics, 12 year olds across the world are going to have to deal with the pressures of competing and training. perhaps some of them can deal with it like the chinese can.

i dunno the real reasons why they set an age limit. but that's besides the point because rules are rules. if the chinese or their government broke the rules, then it's not cool with me. regardless if they beat the US or another team.

2. once again, i can't speak for everyone here, but i don't think we're upset that they beat the US. many have already stated that US have only themselves to blame. the issue, in this thread, is that the chinese seemed to have broken the rules.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:47 PM
TL-S driver

i can't speak for everyone here, but i have to disagree with your post...well except the part about it being obvious that some of the girls are under 16.

1. it's not unsual for the olympics to have age limits. heck, they even have an maximum age limit for soccer.

but if they didn't have an age limit for women's gymnastics, 12 year olds across the world are going to have to deal with the pressures of competing and training. perhaps some of them can deal with it like the chinese can.

i dunno the real reasons why they set an age limit. but that's besides the point because rules are rules. if the chinese or their government broke the rules, then it's not cool with me. regardless if they beat the US or another team.

2. once again, i can't speak for everyone here, but i don't think we're upset that they beat the US. many have already stated that US have only themselves to blame. the issue, in this thread, is that the chinese seemed to have broken the rules.
Exactly! It doesn't matter who beat who, but the rules are there either way, doesn't matter if they win or lose, they cheated. Just because of the fact they won they are under the microscope but they still cheated.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:56 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
i agree

is everyone bitter that a 13-14 yr old girl was good enough to pwn everyone and would this even be a topic of discussion if China didn't even metal??? i can understand if they are understating ages to get more senior and experienced girls to dominate junior leagues but this just goes to show that a 13-14 yr old girl was able to push her skill beyond the limit of anyone beyond her level... if she is good enough to compete with those of 16 yr olds then hell yes let her...

if the gov't worked to falsify her age in order to get her on the team, i agree that it isn't right. perhaps the right thing to do was appeal the age requirement to the IOC... but noone can doubt that she and the China team is not good enough to kick butt and earn those golds...

The one's who really lose are the teams that are competing fairly against China. They dedicate their lives to training and end up losing because of cheating.

And just because China has the gold doesn't mean we have to respect them for it. As far as I'm concerned, they are disqualified and our girls earned the gold. I don't need the IOC to decide that for me.

China (the government, not the girls)
Old 08-14-2008, 02:58 PM
all work and no play

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
. the issue, in this thread, is that the chinese seemed to have broken the rules.

most of the youngins havent been hampered by injuries either. My sister was a gymnast for years, she actually trained and competed in the same local competitions with Alicia Sacramone when she was younger. The older they get the more their bodies start to show the wear of intensive training. At 17 my sister started having all kinds of problems with her knees and shoulders, causing her to give it up....and that was from training for competition on a national level. The training that olympic gymnasts endure is far and above that....so the very young girls wouldnt be slowed, or have injury in the back of their minds like someone that might have gone through it
Old 08-14-2008, 03:45 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Bingo!

One wonders how many kids under 16 in the U.S. program were/are better than the girls over 16 that performed at the games........what about Russia, Japan, Romania.....etc.

It's all about abiding by the rules.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Team Owner

Received 599 Likes on 417 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
You have to cut them open and count the "rings".....sorta like a tree.

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
I'm having problems believing they are 16. I say cut their legs off and count the rings. You can do that, right?
Old 08-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Bunch of sore losers man. They gotta make up excuses cuz they couldnt win...
Old 08-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Unofficial Goat

Originally Posted by juruki
I don't think it's like that at all.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^ and you seem to be missing the point.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

This isn't nearly as big a deal to people who aren't American....

If the roles were reversed or if some other country felt cheated this would've been moved to Sports Talk and fallen to page 2 already.

so it's not really just about the "spirit of the games" or whatever
Old 08-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Unofficial Goat

Originally Posted by chinoz

If the roles were reversed or if some other country felt cheated this would've been moved to Sports Talk and fallen to page 2 already.

I'm not American, I don't care about gymnastics or medal counts and I think it's pretty appalling. It's not just the gymnastics it's all the other instances that have already occurred in the games too.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:27 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

I think you are wrong.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:37 PM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by juruki
You must be German.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:43 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Originally Posted by mrsteve
Not when it comes to flexibility. Think about events like the uneven bars; the smaller and lighter you are the easier it is.

If there wasn't an advantage no one would be complaining.
I see.... guess you have a point there. And the links other people posted makes sense.

WTF is the difference?
I just figured there wasn't an advantage, thats why I said there's a difference. If there is no advantage, then it's not cheating. But there was an edge, so....
Old 08-14-2008, 04:46 PM
nnInn

They cheated, the website that had the correct age of one of the girls has removed that webpage and the story. Guess what? It's controlled by the Gov't Media.

So sorry, your Country has been busted, get over it.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Kang Ho

asian cheat, what else is new? We're that good and no one can do shit about it, lol....

I'm not chinese.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jupitersolo

So sorry, your Country has been busted, get over it.
me get if over it?

dude get a grip... I agree that these girls are underage
Old 08-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by leolebo28
The IOC wont do anything about it b/c they are a whore of an organization, they got paid and here's your results.....always comes down to money
Disgraceful organization
Old 08-14-2008, 04:58 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Originally Posted by BraveDemon
I'm asian and even I have a hard time believing that the girl in the far right on the OP's picture is 16. I'd say probably 13 or 14 at most.

With that being said, what can we do? The Chinese issued Passports said they're 16. You expect the Olympic committee to start a full on investigation into the Chinese government and their issuance of forged passports? Yeah right. It's not like testing for steroids, where you subject an athlete to a blood/urine test; no committee is going to even suggest investigating a nation's government.

Also, did many of you guys watch the Women's gymnastics team finals? In all honesty, the USA lost it for themselves. My beloved Alicia Sacramone fell twice: once on her mount onto the balance beam, and then another time during her floor routine.

Yeah there's the whole, "If China didn't exist, the US would've won Gold" argument. But honestly it just comes off as whining. At the end of the day, those supposedly 16 year old Chinese girls were outstanding gymnasts and deserved the Gold. I still don't understand why a 14 year old gymnast would/could out perform a 16/18/20 year old? The only real argument I read was that younger girls are more fearless, but physically you have to figure a 16-20 year old should be much stronger.

like I said too, their passports are probably fixed too. How's the IOC going to disprove that? I don't approve of cheating at all, but it seems like they've found a loophole, for now.

And seriously, we got owned by the Chinese divers. I swear, they were robots. That traitor Yumchah!!! That's why he hasn't been around lately...
Old 08-14-2008, 05:01 PM
nnInn

Don't know how we got owned by the Divers, US never had a chance.

Quick Reply: Olympics: Chinese Accused of Using Underage Athletes **Medal Stripped (page 8)**