Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NFL Fantasy Football 2008--Post your teams

Old 08-22-2008 | 03:12 PM
Missing My CL-S

any thoughts on Fargas of the Raiders?
Old 08-22-2008 | 03:27 PM
Return of the Ring

Originally Posted by SG81
any thoughts on Fargas of the Raiders?
I think he's destined to be a change-of-pace back if McFadden is as good as the Raiders hope he is, and so far he's looked pretty good in training camp.
Old 08-25-2008 | 11:38 AM
Suzuka Master

I have a draft upcoming next week and I'm in the #2 slot. I'm thinking Peterson of course but I've heard grumblings that he'll be a bust this year. I'm probably still going to draft him, but he got 21 yds on 12 carries against PIT saturday night (for whatever that's worth). Thoughts?
Old 08-25-2008 | 11:42 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Originally Posted by Mike 350Z
I have a draft upcoming next week and I'm in the #2 slot. I'm thinking Peterson of course but I've heard grumblings that he'll be a bust this year. I'm probably still going to draft him, but he got 21 yds on 12 carries against PIT saturday night (for whatever that's worth). Thoughts?
1. it's preseason. don't pay much attention to it.

2. i'd rather be in the #2 slot than #1 where most typically have to decide between peterson and LT. if LT is taken first, take peterson second. or vice versa.
Old 08-25-2008 | 12:03 PM
Return of the Ring

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
1. it's preseason. don't pay much attention to it.

2. i'd rather be in the #2 slot than #1 where most typically have to decide between peterson and LT. if LT is taken first, take peterson second. or vice versa.
, &
Old 08-25-2008 | 01:02 PM
Suzuka Master

That's kind of what I was thinking, just wanted to get some reassurance
Old 08-26-2008 | 09:44 AM
Return of the Ring

Just had my draft last night.

QB: Drew Brees, NOR
RB: Brian Westbrook, PHI
WR: Reggie Wayne, IND
RB/WR: Darren McFadden, OAK
RB/WR: Ricky Williams, MIA
WR/TE: Roy Williams, DET
TE: Tony Gonzalez, KAN
K: Dan Carpenter, MIA
DB: Pacman Jones, DAL
LB: Jonathan Vilma, NOR
LB/DB: Barrett Ruud, TAM
LB/DB: Paul Posluszny, BUF

BN: Eli Manning, NYG QB
BN: DeAngelo Williams, CAR RB
BN: Matt Forte, CHI RB
BN: Chris Johnson, TEN RB
BN: Tedd Ginn, MIA WR
BN: Javon Walker, OAK WR
BN: DeSean Jackson, PHI WR
BN: Greg Olsen, CHI TE
Old 08-26-2008 | 10:56 AM
Team Owner

Ted Ginn and Ricky. :gheylaugh:
Old 08-26-2008 | 11:02 AM
Return of the Ring

Originally Posted by Doom878
Ted Ginn and Ricky. :gheylaugh:
Hey, I got 'em in the 11th & 12th rounds! Ginn is my #4 WR. I'll probably start Ricky for now until I know what I've got with all of those rookie RBs, then try to trade him while his value is still high, before Ronnie is ready to carry more of the load for the Fins. Besides, they've both looked good in pre-season.
Old 08-26-2008 | 11:31 AM
Drifting

12 man PPR League

Not too happy about wasting a Pick on Waston and Warner but it might work out in the end.

Roster

QB: Jay Cutler, Jason Campbell, Kurt Warner
RB: Steven Jackson, Earnest Graham, Kevin Smith, Ray Rice, Kenny Watson
WR: Terrell Owens, Andre Johnson, Joey Galloway, Justin Gage, James Hardy
TE: Vernon Davis, Ben Utecht
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Starters

QB:Cutler/Warner
RB: S. Jackson
RB: E. Graham
WR: T.Owens
WR: Andre Johnson
TE: Vernon Davis
Flex: Kevin Smith for now
K: NE Gostkowski

IDPs

Any thoughts on Waston? Where/how can I improve.

Last edited by Nugs3; 08-26-2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: IDP
Old 08-26-2008 | 03:17 PM
Return of the Ring

^ Who are your IDPs? Whatever you do, don't ignore them; learn your IDP scoring system and be active on the waiver wire each week, looking for the leaders in those stats (tackles, INTs, sacks, whatever). If you get any kind of points per tackle/assist, load up on linebackers. Also, Adrian Wilson (ARI) is a DB who racks up a lot of tackles.

Looks like you're starting the right guys based on who you drafted. Gage has some decent upside so I could maybe see him ending up in your Flex spot at some point, depending on how Smith does. Is Chris Perry available? If he is, keep a close eye on the Bengals RB situation because Watson is not necessarily the starter with Rudi out. Perry's supposed to be a good catching RB, too, so he should do well in a PPR league. He just needs to stay healthy himself.
Old 08-26-2008 | 10:30 PM
Im No Superman

Derek Anderson vs Dallas or David Garrard vs Tennessee for Week one?

My roster sucks ass, every round the draft order was scrambled and I got screwed...
Old 08-26-2008 | 11:03 PM
Q('.')=O

My fantasy league for work had their draft tonight. I forgot and missed it but here is what I came out with:

QB Peyton Manning

RB Brian Westbrook

RB Willis McGahee

RB Brandon Jacobs

WR Steve Smith

WR Roddy White

WR Donald Driver

TE Tony Scheffler

D/ST Colts D/ST

K Robbie Gould

HC Giants Coach

Bench:
Ronnie Brown
Reggie Bush
Matt Hasselbeck
Matt Forte
Bernard Berrian
Vernon Davis
Bobby Engram

Not bad for me not being there and getting autodrafted?
Old 08-27-2008 | 07:35 AM
Team Owner

Man, a lot of you guys have pretty deep talent. Are there like 6 teams in your league or one dude that drafted all Chiefs?
Old 08-27-2008 | 07:42 AM
Suzuka Master

You forgot to attend your draft?

I guess that's odd to me since we've been planning our draft party for a month or so.
Old 08-27-2008 | 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by h2o-pr00f
Derek Anderson vs Dallas or David Garrard vs Tennessee for Week one?

My roster sucks ass, every round the draft order was scrambled and I got screwed...
i'd take anderson...
Old 08-27-2008 | 09:59 AM
Return of the Ring

I thought Anderson was hurt...? If he starts, then yeah, play Anderson.
Old 08-27-2008 | 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by elessar
I thought Anderson was hurt...? If he starts, then yeah, play Anderson.
oh...if he's hurt, then start garrard.
Old 08-27-2008 | 10:13 AM
Return of the Ring

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
oh...if he's hurt, then start garrard.
Derek Anderson Updates
Aug. 27, 2008 - 12:09 a.m.
There are "rumblings" that Derek Anderson (concussion) is experiencing sensitivity to light, according to Profootballtalk.com.
Fantasy spin: This is a common aftereffect of a concussion, but he'll sit out the Browns' last exhibition and is reportedly only able to practice indoors. Anderson isn't a lock to face Dallas in Week 1 and should be monitored closely next week.
Old 08-27-2008 | 10:21 AM
Return of the Ring

Come to think of it... if Derek Anderson is now prone to concussions this could be Brady Quinn's big break. You might want to see if you can snag him off waivers.
Old 08-27-2008 | 11:47 AM
Cruisin'

Where are you guys playing fantasy football at? seems like you have alot more players than i have on my team
Old 08-27-2008 | 11:48 AM
Cruisin'

Word for the wise... tampa bays defence is going to kill it this year
Old 08-27-2008 | 11:55 AM
Return of the Ring

Originally Posted by DrunkBermudian
Where are you guys playing fantasy football at? seems like you have alot more players than i have on my team
Yahoo. Really flexible league setup. Been playing there for a few years now with 12 starters (including 4 defensive players) + 8 bench spots per team.
Old 08-28-2008 | 12:06 AM
Im No Superman

Good tips on Anderson fellas.. still wheeling and dealing my team.. Im trying to trade Joseph Addai because I already have Marshawn Lynch and Michael Turner..
Old 08-28-2008 | 01:43 AM
Im No Superman

QB: Derek Anderson, David Garrard
RB: Joseph Addai, Marshawn Lynch, Michael Turner
WR: Donte' Stallworth, Greg Jennings, Joey Galloway, Laveranues Coles, Reggie Brown
TE: Antonio Gates
K: Nick Folk
D: Green Bay Packers, Tampa Bay Bucs

My friends want to do a 3 way trade: I give up Joseph Addai, I get Marvin Harrison.. I already have Marshawn Lynch and Turner as the 2 RB's, and I NEED good recievers, they all went fast in my draft
Old 08-28-2008 | 07:15 AM
Team Owner

Do NOT trade Addai for Harrison. Harrison is coming back from an injury and Addai will be way more consistent. You cannot bank on 2 RB's in case of injury or bye week.
Old 08-28-2008 | 08:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Doom878
Do NOT trade Addai for Harrison. Harrison is coming back from an injury and Addai will be way more consistent. You cannot bank on 2 RB's in case of injury or bye week.

this is my team in a 14 team league with line up of: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, and DEF

QB: Hasselbeck, Tarvaris Jackson (i know...horrible pick, but it was either him, Pennington, or worse QBs)

RB: LT, Graham, and Bradshaw

WR: Burress, Derrick Mason, Reggie Brown, Reggie Wiliams, Stokley, James Jones, and Shaun McDonald (don't really need this many receivers, but there was really nothing left on the board)

TE: Winslow and Pope

K: Scobee

DEF: Dallas
Old 08-28-2008 | 08:38 AM
Not Asian

Originally Posted by h2o-pr00f
QB: Derek Anderson, David Garrard
RB: Joseph Addai, Marshawn Lynch, Michael Turner
WR: Donte' Stallworth, Greg Jennings, Joey Galloway, Laveranues Coles, Reggie Brown
TE: Antonio Gates
K: Nick Folk
D: Green Bay Packers, Tampa Bay Bucs

My friends want to do a 3 way trade: I give up Joseph Addai, I get Marvin Harrison.. I already have Marshawn Lynch and Turner as the 2 RB's, and I NEED good recievers, they all went fast in my draft
That's horrible. You should be able to get someone like Edwards or TO for Addai. Harrison isn't a top 10 receiver anymore. Also, you can't really bank on Turner, this is first year ever to be RB1 in the first week and Norwood is still in the background.
Old 08-28-2008 | 08:40 AM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Originally Posted by imj0257
My fantasy league for work had their draft tonight. I forgot and missed it but here is what I came out with:

QB Peyton Manning

RB Brian Westbrook

RB Willis McGahee

RB Brandon Jacobs

WR Steve Smith

WR Roddy White

WR Donald Driver

TE Tony Scheffler

D/ST Colts D/ST

K Robbie Gould

HC Giants Coach

Bench:
Ronnie Brown
Reggie Bush
Matt Hasselbeck
Matt Forte
Bernard Berrian
Vernon Davis
Bobby Engram

Not bad for me not being there and getting autodrafted?
Your league has a Head Coach category? WTF? How do they get points, by W-L record?
Old 08-28-2008 | 09:55 AM
Return of the Ring

Originally Posted by phipark
That's horrible. You should be able to get someone like Edwards or TO for Addai. Harrison isn't a top 10 receiver anymore.
Don't do it! There's probably a bunch of WRs on the Waiver Wire right now who will end up having more value than Harrison this year. You just need to stay on top of it for a few weeks to figure out who they are.

I see you have Reggie Brown. Are Hank Baskett or DeSean Jackson available? Baskett will start opposite Brown while Curtis is out, which will probably be awhile. Jackson will start in Brown's spot if he's not ready for the start of the season, and he'll play the slot after that. Both Jackson & Baskett have looked good so far in the pre-season. Also Jackson will return kicks and/or punts, just in case you get points for that in your league.
Old 08-28-2008 | 10:01 AM
Drifting

^ Who are your IDPs? Whatever you do, don't ignore them; learn your IDP scoring system and be active on the waiver wire each week, looking for the leaders in those stats (tackles, INTs, sacks, whatever). If you get any kind of points per tackle/assist, load up on linebackers. Also, Adrian Wilson (ARI) is a DB who racks up a lot of tackles.

Looks like you're starting the right guys based on who you drafted. Gage has some decent upside so I could maybe see him ending up in your Flex spot at some point, depending on how Smith does. Is Chris Perry available? If he is, keep a close eye on the Bengals RB situation because Watson is not necessarily the starter with Rudi out. Perry's supposed to be a good catching RB, too, so he should do well in a PPR league. He just needs to stay healthy himself.
Thanks for the input

Been playing in IDp leagues for the last 4 yrs and I do have Wilson from AZ along with Keith Bullock, Mike Peterson and Dj Williams. We only start 3 and this yr I'm hording potential sleepers so I'll grab guy of waviers during bye weeks

I was able to grab Chris Perry and dropped Watson not feeling the Cinci crew as a whole but could be used in a package trade deal. I also dropped Hardy(low upside) Gage (cuz Tenn is run first) and I picked up Deshawn Jackson and Royal. Still debating about Meaham and Morgan from SF but don't know who to drop.
Old 08-28-2008 | 10:36 AM
Team Owner

I haven't played IDP leagues in forever but I always had Donnie Edwards. He racked up solos like crazy.
Old 08-28-2008 | 10:47 AM

we stopped playing IDP about 6 years ago.

it does make it tougher, but the drafts were getting too long.
Old 08-28-2008 | 12:11 PM
Return of the Ring

Originally Posted by Nugs3
Thanks for the input

Been playing in IDp leagues for the last 4 yrs and I do have Wilson from AZ along with Keith Bullock, Mike Peterson and Dj Williams. We only start 3 and this yr I'm hording potential sleepers so I'll grab guy of waviers during bye weeks.
Yeah, those should be pretty solid IDP guys.

Baskett will start opposite Brown while Curtis is out, which will probably be awhile. Jackson will start in Brown's spot if he's not ready for the start of the season, and he'll play the slot after that. Both Jackson & Baskett have looked good so far in the pre-season. Also Jackson will return kicks and/or punts, just in case you get points for that in your league.
Originally Posted by Nugs3
I picked up Deshawn Jackson
Watch the Eagles' WR situation closely... see my post above. Baskett could have value too, although since you're in an IDP league I'm guessing you get points for kick return yardage, which makes Jackson more valuable.

Last edited by elessar; 08-28-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-28-2008 | 12:58 PM
Im No Superman

Thanks for the tips.. I rejected the trade offer.. I forgot about DeSean Jackson from Cal

As a cowboys fan I'm still debating playing Derek Anderson vs the Cowboys defense for week 1, Gerrard vs Tenn is still on my mind..
Old 08-28-2008 | 03:45 PM
is in Honda heaven

Just got my autodraft results in! Not the greatest but I think it'll sail me into the playoffs.

QB: Jay Cutler and Chad Pennington

RB: Marion Barber, Clinton Portis and Selvin Young

WR: Brandon Marshall, Donte Stallworth, Bernard Berrian, Jerry Porter, Chris Chambers, and Chris Henry

TE: Kellen Winslow

K: David Akers

DEF: Jacksonville and Washington
Old 08-28-2008 | 03:47 PM
is in Honda heaven

I'm thinkin of snaggin Felix Jones as another running back off waivers but I cant figure out who to cut for him. I may cut the Redskins D and just run with one defense until the Jags bye. It's pretty easy to pick up a decent match up defense off waivers most of the time.
Old 08-28-2008 | 04:09 PM
Not Asian

Originally Posted by Derk's K24
Just got my autodraft results in! Not the greatest but I think it'll sail me into the playoffs.

WR: Brandon Marshall, Donte Stallworth, Bernard Berrian, Jerry Porter, Chris Chambers, and Chris Henry

Great RBs. But you need help at WR badly. Marshall isn't playing until week 3 I think due to suspensions. Definitely drop one of your Ds for a WR. Or maybe whip up a trade with one or your RBs for a WR.
Old 08-28-2008 | 04:14 PM
Return of the Ring

Originally Posted by Derk's K24

That's pretty cocky considering 2 of your receivers are suspended, Porter is hurt, Berrian has Tarvaris Jackson throwing to him, Chambers is at best the #3 receiving option after Gates & LT and Stallworth has a 50/50 shot of pulling his hamstring just getting out of bed each morning. But good luck with that...
Old 08-28-2008 | 04:21 PM
Return of the Ring

Originally Posted by phipark
Definitely drop one of your Ds for a WR.
Look for somebody like Ted Ginn Jr (MIA), DeSean Jackson or Hank Baskett (PHI), Eddie Royal (DEN)... gotta be some other starters out there.

Quick Reply: NFL Fantasy Football 2008--Post your teams