Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

MLB: Roger Clemens - Child Molester...

Old 05-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,948 Likes on 14,061 Posts
Lightbulb MLB: Roger Clemens - Child Molester...

Discuss.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i've seen it for the past few days about him and mindy mccready. this guy is a complete idiot. every time he lies, the more crap he is going to be in.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:43 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Who cares if he cheated on his wife? What athlete hasn't.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Senior Moderator

So...according to Clemroids and his over-inflated sense of reality:

McNamee is a low-life pondscum for accusing him of using steroids. Pettitte, his former teammate and buddy-buddy, ''misremembered.'' McCready probably seems to be trying to pump up her career...Yep, that's it.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by dom
With a 15-year old...?
Old 05-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
Brian McNamee's legal team cares...Clemens' reputation and character are on the line with the defamation suit he filed

...other than that and the fact that she was 15, it's no big deal
Old 05-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
are you kidding me?

this woman has a rap sheet longer than a drug dealer in compton. drug addiction, dui, ex-boyfriend beat her, identity theft, drug overdose (multiple times), battery, served jail time for violating probation. i'm sure she is VERY credible.

why can't you guys lay off clemens?
Old 05-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Senior Moderator

^ Because Clemroids is a freaking liar...and cheat? Watching him burn like this is great.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speaking of child molester.... anyone hear about the Karl Malone story.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/co...ry/334471.html

beats Clemons molestee by 2 years... damn people
Old 05-02-2008, 07:23 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by paz840
Brian McNamee's legal team cares...Clemens' reputation and character are on the line with the defamation suit he filed

...other than that and the fact that she was 15, it's no big deal

Still don't see how him being a cheat has anything to do with the steroid scandal. And the one lawyer I heard talk about this situation, Rob Becker, doesn't think so either. He said McNamee's lawyers would be foolish to bring the new allegations up in court.

As for her being 15, ya, he's scum if its true but again, he'd hardly be the first.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:05 AM
Suzuka Master

how is he 'burning'? nothing has happened. he is just going to make a ton of money off the defamation of character cases he is filing. this is tabloid shit. get something better to talk about.. you act like he is the first person in the world to have this happen. you know a ton of guys were dropped in the report, not just clemens? what about BONDS? he is the biggest ass of them all.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:12 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

This is nothing more than the media having nothing better to do with their time.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by CleanCL
how is he 'burning'? nothing has happened. he is just going to make a ton of money off the defamation of character cases he is filing. this is tabloid shit. get something better to talk about.. you act like he is the first person in the world to have this happen. you know a ton of guys were dropped in the report, not just clemens? what about BONDS? he is the biggest ass of them all.

You clearly have not done a search about Flaxseed on AZ, have you?
Old 05-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Senior Moderator

And one more thing, Cleanie: Flaxseed and Clemroids both deserve all the ridicule thrown at them...and I hope the HoF keeps them out forever (and given how things are going, I think so). If you're named in a report, apologize, mumble something, anything...pull a Jason Giambi.

BUT, go waltzing around Congress like some pompous clown on a autograph tour like Clemens, then lie his way through his session with the Senate Committee? I think he IS the first. So, yeah...for every bad thing or mudsling in the press thrown at him? I'll be -ing and posting each time here.

And oh, got a problem with that?
Old 05-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Benchwarmer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Clemroids + Long John's Ex

The news for Rogers Clemens keeps getting worse.

The New York Daily News reported that Clemens had a relationship with the former wife of golfer John Daly, Paulette Dean Daly.

Shirtless John Think this story is nuts? What about John Daly golfing without a shirt on? Golf's loose cannon hit the links with a camera crew to show off his shot ... and his gut. Watch video.
Citing several sources, the News said that Clemens made flight plans for Paulette Daly to watch him against the Angels.

Paulette Daly admitted that she knew Clemens.

"Yeah, I've known Roger quite a while and we are friends," Daly said.

But when asked if she'd ever been romantically involved with Clemens, Daly told the News, "You know what, I'm really uncomfortable talking about this. I'm just going to have to say, 'No comment.'
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8094080/Report:-Rocket-linked-to-John-Daly's-ex-wife

What does this have to do with steroids and the HoF? Everything. Clemens' credibility is at issue here with Congress and the roids. It appears that he's been lying/cheating in other aspects of his life with women, and it seems incredulous that he would lie about some things and tell the truth about others.

We would leave the guy alone if he stopped lying.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:07 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

It was pretty common knowledge that Bonds got around as well was it not?

Yet, I didn't see his marital problems linked to the steroid scandal to often if at all.

I'm not a fan of Clemens by any means but the two just scandals have nothing to do with each other IMO. I think we cam all agree it was fairly obvious he lied about the roids. Good luck proving any of these extra marital activities.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Actually, Bonds got raked just as much. But, the difference is that Clemens went waltzing around Congress and preaching that he's the greatest saint since the Pope...

Oops for him.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:09 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

And you think Bonds would have done any differently if he was called to congress?

Too much time on your hands Yummy. Hopefully the Hawks will make the playoffs next year so you have something to keep you occupied.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by dom
And you think Bonds would have done any differently if he was called to congress?

Too much time on your hands Yummy. Hopefully the Hawks will make the playoffs next year so you have something to keep you occupied.
Oh, they will. Better shot than the Leafs.

Hey, who knows about Flaxseed's performance...? And honestly, I dislike that guy more than Clemroids...I mean, if you want me to equally go after the black guy, just say so. I'm not racist.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Yumchah

And oh, got a problem with that?
no, just shows that you really have nothing better to do with your life.

seriously, this all tabloid shit. New York Daily News is TABLOID. Just because the media reports something, the general public is dumb enough to believe every word. I have news for you... half the news is a bunch of BS.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Senior Moderator

seriously, this all tabloid shit. New York Daily News is TABLOID. Just because the media reports something, the general public is dumb enough to believe every word. I have news for you... half the news is a bunch of BS.

Starting a thread I read on CNNSI relating to one of the biggest career crashes in sports history is too much time on my hands?

I love that line. Really.

Well, we could go and talk about entertaining hockey and the trap system you love so much if you wish.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Suzuka Master

oh and as for clemens 'waltzing' through congress doing an 'autograph tour'. he went there to meet with them on terms completely unrelated to baseball. just because CONGRESSMEN asksed for his autograph, that makes HIM a horrible person? to me it shows that he cares about the case, rather than blowing it off and showing a lack of interest.

this is america. innocent unitl proven guilty. this is one man's word against another.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Benchwarmer

Direct quotes from McCready and Mrs. Daly suggest otherwise. The latter story was delivered by Fox Sports.

We may not believe every word, but even if you believe every other word, it's pretty incriminating.
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by dom

yummy - i was the second person in this thread to make note that you have a lack of better things to do.
dom
Senior Moderator

I think its worth a thread and some discussion. I just don't see the link between him having a few affairs on the side and the roids. Do we or even Mccready and his lawyers really need more to prove that he's guilty of taking steroids? I don't think so. I don't think he can fit any more mud on him.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Benchwarmer

Originally Posted by dom
I think its worth a thread and some discussion. I just don't see the link between him having a few affairs on the side and the roids. Do we or even Mccready and his lawyers really need more to prove that he's guilty of taking steroids? I don't think so. I don't think he can fit any more mud on him.
The puzzling part of the steroid allegations is that Canseco thinks he probably didn't inject. But now the evidence of lying with women crushes his credibility with the steroids.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Senior Moderator

yummy - i was the second person in this thread to make note that you have a lack of better things to do.
Ooooooo...so, that means you're right!

Dude, read what you want. I've ALWAYS believed Clemroids to be a cheat...this dated back to way before the Mitchell "witch-hunt"...Do a search. Although I appear to take great glee in laughing at every supposed misfortune going Roger's way, it is also unfortunate.

He was an all-time great. He was a pitcher of the ages like a Greg Maddux, Sandy Koufax, Cy Young, etc. etc. But, he just had to cheat...Why? Does his relationship with a 15-year-old have a big link to his steroids issue? I think so because as IlliNorge mentioned, it has everything to do with his argument of integrity AND credibility...which clearly is showing more and more that he has none.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by dom
again, show me PROOF other than mcnamee's testimony that he did steroids? the vials he saved in a drawer for 10 years? lol. he said, she said, but did anyone actually witness or have any blood samples?
Old 05-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Suzuka Master

Ooooooo...so, that means you're right!

He was an all-time great. He was a pitcher of the ages like a Greg Maddux, Sandy Koufax, Cy Young, etc. etc. But, he just had to cheat...Why? Does his relationship with a 15-year-old have a big link to his steroids issue? I think so because as IlliNorge mentioned, it has everything to do with his argument of integrity AND credibility...which clearly is showing more and more that he has none.
my point is that you're taking the word of a drug addicted felon as credible. double standard much? why did she wait until NOW to come out with this? why not when he signed a huge contract with the yankees to take all of his money? why NOW? all this time and NO ONE else wanted to mention he had sex with a 15 year old?

there's times where you need to step back from a situation, and use some common sense.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:45 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

again, show me PROOF other than mcnamee's testimony that he did steroids? the vials he saved in a drawer for 10 years? lol. he said, she said, but did anyone actually witness or have any blood samples?

True. I was talking from a personal perspective. I think he's guilty as sin so but so is half of baseball IMO. Funny how Pettite came up smelling like roses when he was likely just as guilty. His stragedy was obviously much more effective.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:47 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by IlliNorge
The puzzling part of the steroid allegations is that Canseco thinks he probably didn't inject. But now the evidence of lying with women crushes his credibility with the steroids.
I don't see how it does. Just my Maybe his wife already knew about the cheating?, maybe she didn't care? Maybe Clemons fears his wife more than he does congress. There are a lot of presumptions being made here.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Suzuka Master

^ agreed on both points. personally i know he probly took steroids, but legally speaking i haven't been shown proof. petite's case was a little different, i do not believe he was a repeat user, i believe he used to try to recover from an injury, but i do not think he continuously used it to achieve higher performance.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Benchwarmer

Originally Posted by dom
I don't see how it does. Just my Maybe his wife already knew about the cheating?, maybe she didn't care? Maybe Clemons fears his wife more than he does congress. There are a lot of presumptions being made here.
That's the thing. Clemens is denying (through his lawyer) that he had an affair with McCready. Now we're waiting for him to deny the Daly affair. If his wife knows already, then what's the harm admitting it to the press? Presumptions are easy to shoot down one at a time, but when they start piling up I think you have to assume that he's full of about everything.

One affair? Big deal. Two affairs? Really not a big deal either. Steroid allegations? Not that unusual. But denying all three about yourself at the same time? That's a big deal. The guy's a lying cheat. The more these guys are exposed, the more you hope it's a deterrent for future scumbags.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Senior Moderator

my point is that you're taking the word of a drug addicted felon as credible. double standard much? why did she wait until NOW to come out with this? why not when he signed a huge contract with the yankees to take all of his money? why NOW? all this time and NO ONE else wanted to mention he had sex with a 15 year old?

there's times where you need to step back from a situation, and use some common sense.
Who cares if she waited until now? The fact of the matter is, she's just ONE more person who is shattering Clemroid's credibility.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:28 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
You know, I really don't care what the eff he did in his private life with other women. If it does prove that he did do something with a teenager, then he's a dick and deserves to be punish.

Also I'm getting sick as shit with ESPN covering this like TMZ. As soon as they talk about it, click another channel.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Fuck Clemens that cheating child molestor.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Who cares if she waited until now? The fact of the matter is, she's just ONE more person who is shattering Clemroid's credibility.
i'm just looking at it from a common sense point of view...

she waited so long because nothing happened. they met but no crime was committed. she decides to make something out of it NOW because it is a good time since his credibility is already hurting. what other reason besides money does she have for putting this out there?

in reality she has no credibility herself so i'm not sure how this is going to shatter anything.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jupitersolo
You know, I really don't care what the eff he did in his private life with other women. If it does prove that he did do something with a teenager, then he's a dick and deserves to be punish.

Also I'm getting sick as shit with ESPN covering this like TMZ. As soon as they talk about it, click another channel.
agreed 100%.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Talking Clemens apologizes for 'mistakes' in his life

When desperate: apologize...even if you won't specify for what.

From Dailyherald...

NEW YORK - Roger Clemens apologized Monday for unspecified mistakes in his personal life but denied having an affair with a 15-year-old.

The Daily News reported last week Clemens had a decade-long relationship with country star Mindy McCready that began when she was 15 and an aspiring singer. The newspaper also linked the star pitcher to former Manhattan bartender Angela Moyer and Paulette Dean Daly, a former wife of champion golfer John Daly.

"Even though these articles contain many false accusations and mistakes, I need to say that I have made mistakes in my personal life for which I am sorry," Clemens said in a statement issued by spokesman Patrick Dorton. "I have apologized to my family and apologize to my fans. Like everyone, I have flaws. I have sometimes made choices which have not been right."

The apology was first reported by the Houston Chronicle.

Brian McNamee, Clemens' former trainer, accused the pitcher in December's Mitchell Report of using performance-enhancing drugs in 1998, 2000 and 2001, before players and owners agreed to ban them from baseball.

Clemens, a seven-time Cy Young Award winner and 354-game winner, has repeatedly denied using steroids and human growth hormone and filed a defamation suit against Brian McNamee.

"I believe my personal life has nothing to do with the accusations of steroid and HGH use," Clemens said. "I have already made clear that I did not use them. Now, I have been accused of having an improper relationship with a 15-year old girl. Nothing could be further from the truth. This relationship has been twisted and distorted far beyond reality. It is just one of many, many accusations that are utterly false.

"I realize that many people want me to simply confess and apologize for the conduct that I have been accused of, but I cannot confess to, nor apologize for, things I did not do. I have apologized to my family for my mistakes, and having offered this apology to the public, I would ask that you let me and my family deal with these matters in private."

Clemens' lawyer, Rusty Hardin, said Friday he will talk with his client about whether to proceed with the defamation suit following a wave of unpleasant publicity.

"He's getting pummeled," attorney Rusty Hardin said then. "I've never seen somebody get beat up like this. In some ways, I think we're on uncharted ground."

The decision on whether to drop the suit rests with Clemens.

"That's always a decision the client has to make," Hardin said. "That's not the lawyer's decision."
Old 05-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Senior Moderator

The quote from last week:

Maybe Clemens misremembered the age of consent.

Quick Reply: MLB: Roger Clemens - Child Molester...