Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

Maurice Clarett What a Waste

Old 08-09-2006, 07:58 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Maurice Clarett What a Waste

<TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Clarett arrested after dramatic highway chase

<SCRIPT> function BlogThisStoryTools() { var headline = "Clarett arrested after dramatic highway chase"; var url = document.location.href; var destination = "http://blogs.foxsports.com/BlogThis.aspx?r_title=" + escape(headline) + "&r_url=" + url; //alert(destination); //return; window.location.href = destination; } </SCRIPT><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px" align=left>Story Tools:</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD></TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD></TD><TD>Print </TD><TD>Email </TD><TD>Blog This </TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=440 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Associated Press

<!-- Meta Tag For Search --><!-- meta name="author" content=""--><!-- meta name="source" content="AP"--><!-- meta name="eventId" content=""--><!-- meta name="contentTypeCode" content="1"--><!-- meta name="editorContentCode" content="7"--><!-- meta name="blurb" content="Maurice Clarett was arrested early Wednesday after a highway chase that ended with police using Mace on the former Ohio State running back and finding four loaded guns in his truck, a police spokesman said."--><!-- meta name="modDate" content="August 9, 2006 12:20:59 GMT"-->Posted: 33 minutes ago<SCRIPT> // front-end hack to remove postedTime from Rumors page until a better way can be determined if (document.URL.indexOf("/name/FS/rumors") != -1) document.getElementById("postedTime").style.displa y = 'none'; </SCRIPT>
</TD><TD width=10></TD><TD align=right><!--this is for sponsorships or brandings--><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><!-- workingCategoryId: 24--></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=5></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=10></TD><TD width=440><!-- search:</noindex> --><SCRIPT> if(fanid.length > 0 && typeof(nflDefaultLeague)!= "undefined") { leagueId = nflDefaultLeague; //find teamId of default league (if exists) for(var i=0; i < teamsInfo.length; i++){ if(teamsInfo[i][4] == leagueId){ defaultTeamId = teamsInfo[i][0]; } } var fantasyLeaguePlayerJsPath = 'http://msn.foxsports.com' + '/nugget/200002_' + leagueId + '|||' + fanid; } </SCRIPT>COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Maurice Clarett was arrested early Wednesday after a highway chase that ended with police using Mace on the former Ohio State running back and finding four loaded guns in his truck, a police spokesman said.

Officers used Mace to subdue Clarett after a stun gun was ineffective because the former Fiesta Bowl star was wearing a bullet-resistant vest, Sgt. Michael Woods said.

"It took several officers to get him handcuffed," Woods said. "Even after he was placed in the paddy wagon, he was still kicking at the doors and being a problem for the officers."

Clarett was taken to police headquarters to be interviewed. Police planned to charge him with carrying concealed weapons and other counts, Woods said.

Clarett made an illegal U-turn on the city's east side and failed to stop when officers, in a cruiser with lights flashing, tried to pull him over, Woods said.

Police were pursuing Clarett on eastbound Interstate 70 when he darted across the median and began heading west. Clarett drove over a spike strip that was placed on the highway, flattening the driver's side tires of the SUV, Woods said.

Clarett exited the highway and pulled into a restaurant parking lot, where officers removed him from the SUV after he failed to obey numerous orders to exit the vehicle, Woods said.

After Clarett was placed in a police van, officers discovered a loaded rifle and three loaded handguns in the front of the vehicle, Woods said.

Woods said he did not know where Clarett got the guns or why he had them, and that federal authorities plan to trace their ownership.

Clarett, 22, is currently awaiting trial on two counts of aggravated robbery, four counts of robbery and one count of carrying a concealed weapon in a separate case. Authorities said he was identified by witnesses as the person who flashed a gun and robbed two people in an alley behind the Opium Lounge in the early hours of Jan. 1.

Messages seeking comment were left Wednesday morning for Clarett's attorneys in that case, Nick Mango and Michael Hoague. Clarett scored the winning touchdown in the second overtime to lead Ohio State to the 2002 national championship, the school's first since 1968. But that was the last game the freshman played for Ohio State. He sat out the 2003 season after being charged with misdemeanor falsification on a police report, then dropped out of school. He sued to be included in the 2004 NFL draft and lost in court. A surprise third-round pick in the 2005 draft, he was cut by the Denver Broncos during the preseason.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 08-09-2006, 08:04 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
He will never play a down of football for anyone in America, unless it's with the prison system. He's going away for 10-15 years.

He brought everything on himself!
Old 08-09-2006, 08:07 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Received 1,123 Likes on 806 Posts
That's priceless. The ironic thing is that he was planning to play for a minor league indoor football team in Ohio called the Hitmen. It looks like he was taking his new team too seriously by actually becoming a real life hitmen.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:09 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Here's the website for the Hitmen. They need to update it now by adding Clarett's mug shot with the other murderers.

http://www.mvhitmen.com/
Old 08-09-2006, 08:18 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

lol..he is doing a flat 10 easy with these new charges on top of his old ones.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Arriving Somewhere...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only surprising thig is that he isn't on the Bengals.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Banned

Somewhere in Anna Ohio, Water-s is very sad about his college football hero...
Old 08-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Everyone at work is embarrassed. BWAHAHAHHAAHA

I guess I can't laugh too much being from VA and being an alumnus of Virginia Tech
Old 08-09-2006, 09:10 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
Everyone at work is embarrassed. BWAHAHAHHAAHA

I guess I can't laugh too much being from VA and being an alumnus of Virginia Tech
No, you should milk this for all it's worth. Ohio Staters deserve it.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Not Asian

Wow, I didn't think anybody would be worse than Lawrence Phillips.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree what an idiot but what do you expect from a former OSU player.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:21 AM
-glock security-

Originally Posted by phipark
Wow, I didn't think anybody would be worse than Lawrence Phillips.

yeah but this scumbag was always a problem

what a waste, even though he wasnt tough enough for the nfl

fuck him and ohio state

he just couldnt get the ghetto taken out of him
Old 08-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Banned

what a shame. if I was blessed with that football talent, i wouldnt have wasted it like that.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:15 AM
how handsome I am

What a moron idiot. God DAMN I hate this fucking retard. And to think, his team stole my Hurricanes' championship back in 02 (or was it 03?)
Old 08-09-2006, 10:23 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i always hated that fool. now that hatred is justified, troopers should of turned off their car cams - then beat some sense into the fool!!
Old 08-09-2006, 10:30 AM
‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

It's somewhat sad ... he has the "me against the world thing going" and it doesn't seem like he's been humbled by his experiences over the past couple years. He'll blame everyone else except himself. I mean, who KNOWS what he's thinking about.

He's a poster-child tho ... stay in school; talent + no work = waste; try to drive more conspicuously when you have a cache of firearms stashed in the vehicle; if you're favorite movie is Scarface, please remember it's not a "how-to-live-life" instructional video.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Rag & Bone

the pride of ohio state...
Old 08-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Fuckin dumbass
Old 08-09-2006, 10:50 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

At least he didn't try to shoot at the cops.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Return of the Ring

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by agranado
What a moron idiot. God DAMN I hate this fucking retard. And to think, his team stole my Hurricanes' championship back in 02 (or was it 03?)
It was the '02 season, but the championship game was played in '03.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:25 AM
GSI
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
[QUOTE= if you're favorite movie is Scarface, please remember it's not a "how-to-live-life" instructional video.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Some people must only watch the begining and middle parts of Scarface and fall asleep towards the end and fail to realize that Scarface actually dies....
Old 08-09-2006, 11:40 AM
-glock security-

Originally Posted by btsilver
what a shame. if I was blessed with that football talent, i wouldnt have wasted it like that.

i dont think his skills were really that great, he was just fast.
which is a good property. (not fast enough for the cops though )
but he couldnt cut and "break defenders ankles", he was a running back that was either scared or just didnt have the talent. he wasnt built for the NFL. lets face it. and to top it off he obvioously has no brain whatsoever.

clarett couldnt cut and weave like say for example an edgerrin james, ladanian tomlinson, larry johnson, clinton portis, etc. and we'll have to see what reggie bush does/can do. you get the point.

emmit smith was great, especially with his yards and shit but he didnt have the physical ability of either of the two memntioned right here, he was just there to gain yards at al times.

THERE IS NO RUNNING BACK WITH THE ATHLETIC TALENT OF BARRY SANDERS OR WALTER PAYTON. that is just un-debate-able. i have never seen anyone stop on a dime like that to make a cut going the opposite way ike these guys. for sanders it was a damn shame that DETROIT MADE him retire. we all knew he really wanted to play and would have played many more years but them assholes made him retire. over some dumb shit, and that just wasnt right. i guess barry could have fought harder to comeback but i think he loved detroit and wanted to start and finish is career in detroit, but they jerkd him hardcore and just as long as everyone gives them both the credit they deserve. the respect as the BEST.
ditka screw walter over by not letting him score in the super bowl

back to clarett, granted i never met him (or the younger vick) but they def. portry themselves as scumbags with no manners just like those ghetto faggits.
michael vick seems be to alot more calm even though def a ghetto nuggah and his brother is 40times worse.

wat is sports coming to? and this is only college football
Old 08-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Drifting

What a moron...

Old 08-09-2006, 11:43 AM
-glock security-

Originally Posted by agranado
i was at that game on the sidelines and boy was that one hell of a dissapoointment

also, seeing willlis mcghee's injury close up nade me nauseaus
Old 08-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,307 Likes on 960 Posts
Not merged? I guess the Admins don't know who he is.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by PillsburyChoboy
It's somewhat sad ... he has the "me against the world thing going" and it doesn't seem like he's been humbled by his experiences over the past couple years. He'll blame everyone else except himself. I mean, who KNOWS what he's thinking about.

He's a poster-child tho ... stay in school; talent + no work = waste; try to drive more conspicuously when you have a cache of firearms stashed in the vehicle; if you're favorite movie is Scarface, please remember it's not a "how-to-live-life" instructional video.
Have you always been such a fantastic poster? Or did I not realize it before because I was distracted by ... others... who shall not be named?

Either way, you're well on the way to being Adrienne's Top Pick for Most Entertaining AZ Member.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jerseydriver
i dont think his skills were really that great, he was just fast.
which is a good property. (not fast enough for the cops though )
but he couldnt cut and "break defenders ankles", he was a running back that was either scared or just didnt have the talent. he wasnt built for the NFL. lets face it. and to top it off he obvioously has no brain whatsoever.

clarett couldnt cut and weave like say for example an edgerrin james, ladanian tomlinson, larry johnson, clinton portis, etc. and we'll have to see what reggie bush does/can do. you get the point.

um when he was in college, he was pretty good. if he stayed in college and didnt fuck up, he'd be a starting RB somewhere getting 1000+ yds a season.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Caliadria
Have you always been such a fantastic poster? Or did I not realize it before because I was distracted by ... others... who shall not be named?

Either way, you're well on the way to being Adrienne's Top Pick for Most Entertaining AZ Member.
well, you know, they gotta replenish the ranks. someone's gotta step up and fill old roles.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Originally Posted by PillsburyChoboy

He'll become a Muslim in jail and blame the white man for his troubles
Old 08-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by btsilver
well, you know, they gotta replenish the ranks. someone's gotta step up and fill old roles.
We were told that someone always does, I'm waiting for that promise to be fulfilled...

As for this Maurice Clarett guy... what a douche. Nice to know that success didn't change him.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:28 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
what success
Old 08-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
He was wearing a bullet-resistant vest and had a loaded rifle and three loaded guns? I bet he was on his way to rob a liquor store.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Racer

He went to Ohio State so I hated him from the get go.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Caliadria
We were told that someone always does, I'm waiting for that promise to be fulfilled...

As for this Maurice Clarett guy... what a douche. Nice to know that success didn't change him.
Only to get banned...
Old 08-10-2006, 12:43 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
what an idiot. this guy deserves everything that comes to him. He should have stayed in school and his dumbass could have been playing in the NFL right now. But instead he chooses to lie to police, rob people at gun point and run from cops.

Maybe he perfers being sprayed with mace and going to jail rather than making millions in the NFL. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

this from ESPN on the many incidents with Clarett

• July 12, 2003 -- The New York Times quotes a teaching assistant at Ohio State who says Clarett got preferential treatment. She says he walked out of a midterm exam but passed the class after the professor gave him an oral exam.
I just hope it was a female professor
Old 08-10-2006, 05:47 AM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
this ESPN story tells you how much of a loser he really is
Old 08-10-2006, 07:20 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Originally Posted by jlukja
He was wearing a bullet-resistant vest and had a loaded rifle and three loaded guns? I bet he was on his way to rob a liquor store.
From what I heard on the radio this morning is that a witness in his current trial lives only a block away from where he was stopped. I think he was on his way to do something even more stupid.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:34 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
Originally Posted by CL Platano
From what I heard on the radio this morning is that a witness in his current trial lives only a block away from where he was stopped. I think he was on his way to do something even more stupid.
Yep, he was arrested and stopped a block away from the whitness that was supposed to testify at his trial against him, WITH A LOADED SHOTGUN.

He's going away for a long time...
Old 08-10-2006, 09:39 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Infamous425
this ESPN story tells you how much of a loser he really is
Looks like he was ready to go out in a blaze of glory.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CL Platano
:shakehead What a perfect example of how to screw up a very promising life/career.

Quick Reply: Maurice Clarett What a Waste