Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony

Old 02-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Burn some dust here

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Zapata
I just disagree with you're evaluation of the NBA being some sort of group of misfits when each of the sports you highlighted have the same issues, if not worse but yet you singled out the NBA for whatever reason.
I don't think I said the NBA was a group of misfits or that the other sports didn't have their share, because all sports have their share. IMO the NBA just has more of the guys considered to be "bad apples."
Old 02-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
So in other words you want people to stop being themselves, forget their cultural past and act in ways that are more palatable for your consumption.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So in other words you want people to stop being themselves, forget their cultural past and act in ways that are more palatable for your consumption. The "culture" you seem to want to identify as "hip-hop" is the media delievered SUBURBAN WHITE consumer driven culture of MTV.
You make no sense, nor do you know what "cultural" past is. When does wearing iced out jewelry, acting hard, and tatooing your body relate to a persons cultural past? I am sure african american groups would love to hear your arguement how that links them back to their roots. A lot of these players aren't in fact being themselves.

The problem which celebrities don't understand is that kids idiolize them. Even adults are swayed by what they hear in the media from celebrities. A prime example of this is Michael Moore. I have no problem with how you act in your private time, but when you are in the media spotlight conduct yourself with class.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:52 PM
Safety Car

James, but as hard as he is trying to become MJ, he will never become Jordan.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Drifting

lebron by far...it'll be scary to see how good he'll be with a few more years under his belt.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:31 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
I love when people make posts they are clueless about, then don't bother to reply
Old 03-02-2005, 10:32 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverUA5
James, but as hard as he is trying to become MJ, he will never become Jordan.

Time will only tell. The way he's starting it looks like he'll surpass MJ
Old 03-02-2005, 10:35 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definately Lebron ..he is 2x more mature than Carmelo..You won't catch Lebron in the hood doing things you shouldn't be doing knowing people recognize you from a mile away. Plus Lebron is a better all around player at this point in time, maybe when Carmelo grows up things will be different.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Teh ?

Lebron pwns all at this point... the guy has more maturity and skills then anyone before at his age... not even Kobe or KG.

I think Wade is second best, and he might have a long career, since a scoring point guards are the norm these days, and he seems to do it pretty well.

Melo is a gamble at this point... he's shown no improvements from his rookie year. Granted, he's gone through a few coaches now and seems to get into trouble constantly, he's got talent and he shows flashes of it. Only if he works hard, he might be a good scorer, but I think he might end up being a Paul Pierce-type player.

Bosh is the darkhorse from that class... I think Bosh has upside for a big man with defensive and offensive skills that are progressively getting better. But he needs to show that he can carry a team.

Junkster, who would trade Carmelo right now while his stock is still good
Old 03-02-2005, 10:43 AM
Teh ?

Originally Posted by CL Platano
Definately Lebron ..he is 2x more mature than Carmelo..You won't catch Lebron in the hood doing things you shouldn't be doing knowing people recognize you from a mile away. Plus Lebron is a better all around player at this point in time, maybe when Carmelo grows up things will be different.
I think Lebron learned his lesson when he had all that publicity during HS about how he drives a Hummer, took free jackets off of friends, and flirted with shoe companies by wearing different brands.

When I was reading all that stuff, even after watching his highlights and him in the Mcdonald's game, I thought "Another spoiled young kid that'll take the money and be satisfied". What else was I suppose to think after all the Hummer and free jacket stories? But it seems like he learned from those issues and became much more humble and controlled. I'm thinking someone in his camp is doing a great job of keeping him away from trouble.

Junkster, who thinks Lebron is going for that MJ 'vanilla' personality
Old 03-02-2005, 10:50 AM
Banned

dam im more lost in this thread than a virgin is in a whorehouse