Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony

Old 02-26-2005 | 09:37 PM
go like hell

LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony

my buddy and I were talking which is a better player. He says James. I say Carmelo. To me James has a real attitude problem
Old 02-26-2005 | 09:41 PM
Duck Fuke!

Is this really a question?

James if your confused.
Old 02-26-2005 | 09:44 PM
Banned

James has an attitude problem? Can you please cite some examples? If anything, Melo has had examples of having a bad attitude more so than LeBron.
Old 02-26-2005 | 09:48 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally Posted by Water-S
my buddy and I were talking which is a better player. He says James. I say Carmelo. To me James has a real attitude problem

You really have issues with people who achieve alot and like to show off don't you. Don' t be such a fucking hater.....cripes.
Old 02-26-2005 | 09:56 PM
Crabcakes and Football!!!

Carmello and my old college roomate used to buy drugs from the same dealer when they were in high school
Old 02-26-2005 | 09:57 PM
Burn some dust here

Dwayne Wade
Old 02-26-2005 | 10:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cob3683
Dwayne Wade
Old 02-26-2005 | 10:03 PM
I'm back, biatch.

wtf? How can you even compare the two?

Lebron >>> Carmelo.
Old 02-26-2005 | 10:04 PM
I'm back, biatch.

Ben Gordon
Old 02-26-2005 | 10:05 PM
Go B's Go

Originally Posted by teg_to_TSX

Lebron >>> Carmelo.

Lebron >>>>>>>>>>>>> Wade >>> Carmelo
Old 02-26-2005 | 10:09 PM
Missing My CL-S

LeBron, but since there's some write-ins:

Chris Bosh
Old 02-26-2005 | 10:21 PM
teh Senior Instigator

From: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
The only reason I like lebron is because he doesn't have an attitude problem. He's there for his team, he's not a ball hog, he's not a loud mouth. Kid is a awesome all around player.

I hope we get more players like him in the future.
Old 02-26-2005 | 11:08 PM
I

Ben Gordon

Haha yep, 27 quarters with 10+ points. What can you say?
Old 02-26-2005 | 11:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by CLpower
The only reason I like lebron is because he doesn't have an attitude problem. He's there for his team, he's not a ball hog, he's not a loud mouth. Kid is a awesome all around player.

I hope we get more players like him in the future.

Exactly why I like him as well. Too many ball players are trying to live the hip hop lifestyle.
Old 02-26-2005 | 11:35 PM
Burn some dust here

Originally Posted by Maximized
Exactly why I like him as well. Too many ball players are trying to live the hip hop lifestyle.
Thus the reason why I don't watch the NBA. I think the best thing for the NBA would be to bite the dust for a season or two like the NHL.

As long as college basketball and football, baseball, golf, and NFL never go away, I'll be ok.
Old 02-27-2005 | 12:47 AM
Yeehaw

Originally Posted by Water-S
To me James has a real attitude problem

why would you say that?

Lebron >>> Carmelo.

no question.
Old 02-27-2005 | 12:49 AM
Yeehaw

Thus the reason why I don't watch the NBA.
you don't watch NBA because of the players social lives?
Old 02-27-2005 | 01:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

James hands down. And he has one of the best attitudes in the league right now for all his hype.

Wade second. I like wade but James has better all around game.
Old 02-27-2005 | 02:38 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by BEETROOT
I love the game of basketball, but it seems like players now-a-days are jackasses. Again, I feel it comes down to some of these players trying to act like thugs. When you are a professional player, try to conduct yourself with some class. It's almost to the point where I feel there should be some sort of dress code for the NBA.
Old 02-27-2005 | 02:49 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by jts1207
Is this really a question?

James if your confused.

What he said
Old 02-27-2005 | 08:19 AM
teh Senior Instigator

From: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
I love the game of basketball, but it seems like players now-a-days are jackasses. Again, I feel it comes down to some of these players trying to act like thugs. When you are a professional player, try to conduct yourself with some class. It's almost to the point where I feel there should be some sort of dress code for the NBA.

there have always been thugs jackasses in the leagues.

What do you mean by thugs, because the guys are black, wear diamond chains, and have tattoos?

Sure there are a few bad seeds, but take a look through the past decades, there have always been bad seeds, shit look at the old school pistons
Old 02-27-2005 | 09:47 AM
Banned

I like James because he's from Akron. He's 'MY' thug basketball player.

My shizzle > yo shizzle
Old 02-27-2005 | 09:54 AM
Burn some dust here

Originally Posted by BEETROOT
No, I just don't feel like watching an All-star game every night where its all about each individual player "getting theirs." There are exceptions like Duncan, James, Wade, etc. I don't watch the NBA for the same reason I don't watch Lifetime: it doesn't interest me.
Old 02-27-2005 | 10:00 AM
Keeping emos out of

No, I just don't feel like watching an All-star game every night where its all about each individual player "getting theirs." There are exceptions like Duncan, James, Wade, etc. I don't watch the NBA for the same reason I don't watch Lifetime: it doesn't interest me.
There are a helluva lot more exceptions than just Duncan, James, Wade, etc. In a league with over 300 players there are bound to be a few bad apples, and, unfortunately, those apples get a lot of publicity (Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson, Rasheed Wallace to name a few) for the things that they have done both on and off the court. There are plenty of decent NBA players that you never hear too much about who are god fearing, family oriented people who dont have posses or Hummers or the like.
Old 02-27-2005 | 10:01 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Too many ball players are trying to live the hip hop lifestyle.

what kinda lifestyle is that? :rolf:
Old 02-27-2005 | 10:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by M TYPE X
I like James because he's from Akron. He's 'MY' thug basketball player.

My shizzle > yo shizzle

the term 'thug' gets thrown around way to easily these days .. lol
Old 02-27-2005 | 10:02 AM
Burn some dust here

Originally Posted by goose25
There are a helluva lot more exceptions than just Duncan, James, Wade, etc. In a league with over 300 players there are bound to be a few bad apples, and, unfortunately, those apples get a lot of publicity (Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson, Rasheed Wallace to name a few) for the things that they have done both on and off the court. There are plenty of decent NBA players that you never hear too much about who are god fearing, family oriented people who dont have posses or Hummers or the like.
No kidding, but like you said, the media doesn't feel like advertising the good guys, they show the guys that go into the stands and kick fans asses. (for the record I believe Artest should sit the entire year)

Last edited by cob3683; 02-27-2005 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-27-2005 | 10:04 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

No kidding, but like you said, the media doesn't feel like advertising the good guys, they show the guys that go into the stands and kick fans asses.

whoa, wait you don't think the brawl needed to be covered?
Old 02-27-2005 | 10:08 AM
Burn some dust here

Originally Posted by Zapata
whoa, wait you don't think the brawl needed to be covered?
No, I think it needed to. But the extent to which they covered it was a little crazy. Hell, it was on sportscenter for 24 hrs a day for a week after it happened. Also little kids who look up to these players could now think this is ok to do.
Old 02-27-2005 | 10:13 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

What do you mean by thugs, because the guys are black, wear diamond chains, and have tattoos?

Everybody loves to forget how rapes, assaults etc., on college campuses by get covered up by the NCAA for big name college campuses, you have baseball coaches beating there wives up same with hockey, NFL has had it's share of problems with players but somehow it gets classified as a problem with the mystical "hip hop" culture....which if you ask some of these people to define the culture, amazingly the definition will cover those areas which are "bad", "thug", "bling-bling".
Old 02-27-2005 | 10:16 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

No, I think it needed to. But the extent to which they covered it was a little crazy. Hell, it was on sportscenter for 24 hrs a day for a week after it happened. Also little kids who look up to these players could now think this is ok to do.

1. Extent? Major news stories get a 24 hour lifespan? How long did they cover the homerun race? Do you think only the positive needs to be covered? Do you think peopel can't decide for themselves what is good and bad? You think people only need to be spoon fed, the " good things"?

2. ESPN was saying it was ok? There weren't saying this is henous, dispicable, wrong etc.,????
Old 02-27-2005 | 10:16 AM
Keeping emos out of

The reason that it was covered non-stop on air was because the incident was so unusual for American sporting activities. I've seen much deadlier incidents in Football matches in Europe and the coverage dedicated to it was less than 10% of the ESPN coverage.
Old 02-27-2005 | 10:36 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally Posted by goose25
The reason that it was covered non-stop on air was because the incident was so unusual for American sporting activities. I've seen much deadlier incidents in Football matches in Europe and the coverage dedicated to it was less than 10% of the ESPN coverage.

What was the coverage in the local markets in Europe. Assure you was more than the foreign press of ESPN gave to it. Holaganism has been covered to a great extent here in the states. Although specific incidents and extended coverage time for those incidents don't match the extent of the pacers v. pistons brawl wasn't equal I would argue overall coverage has been pretty much the same.
Old 02-27-2005 | 10:51 AM
My Work is Done Here

Let's see.....

Lebron = All-Star

Wade = All-Star

Carmelo = Sophmore/Rookie game participant

Lebron>Wade>>>>>>Carmelo
Old 02-27-2005 | 10:52 AM
Burn some dust here

Originally Posted by Zapata
1. Extent? Major news stories get a 24 hour lifespan? How long did they cover the homerun race? Do you think only the positive needs to be covered? Do you think peopel can't decide for themselves what is good and bad? You think people only need to be spoon fed, the " good things"?

2. ESPN was saying it was ok? There weren't saying this is henous, dispicable, wrong etc.,????
You're reading a little bit too much into this.

1) Why keep covering the same thing over and over. Once you've seen it, they don't need to show the clip 500 times a day. They covered the home run race because that it is history being made, not assholes (fans and players) fighting in the stands. Big difference. People can decide what is good and bad and I never said "spoon fed" the good things. But as I said, there comes a point where to much coverage happens.

2) ESPN completely went against it. But you know how kids are who look up to their role models, they want to be just like them and emulate their every move regardless what their parents/teachers/media say.
Old 02-27-2005 | 10:58 AM
Keeping emos out of

1. Lebron James
2. Dwayn Wade (thank Kobe for running off the big man)
3. Carmelo Anthony (who seems to be getting killed in the local media for all his mistakes and trangsressions)
Old 02-27-2005 | 11:54 AM
Suzuka Master

there have always been thugs jackasses in the leagues.

Sure there are a few bad seeds, but take a look through the past decades, there have always been bad seeds, shit look at the old school pistons
There are white and black players whom conduct themselves in that way. There have been bad seeds in the past, but not as many that are present today. Today, yes many players have tats and wear their jerseys large/pants sagged. I sometimes think that they forget that they aren't appearing in a Big Tymers video. On the flipside, look at Tim Duncan for example. He is how many of these young players should aspire to be. Duncan is well articulated, humble, and polite in every interview I have seen of him.
Old 02-27-2005 | 12:26 PM
Professional Lurker

Let me get this straight....you are trying to compare some guy, who's season highlight is banging Christina Auguilera and not making the all-star game in his home town to someone who is one of the top five candidates for league MVP this year???? Can't even dignify this question with a response.....(btw I grew up in Cleveland, so I might be somewhat biased....)
Old 02-27-2005 | 01:44 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

1- Coverage was big because the event was the first time there was such an event on U.S. soil. An event is an event, home run race and/or player-fan brawl. There was sufficient coverage of both.

2- I don't have kids but if your issue is kids seeing bad things then television needs to be thrown out the window along with INternet access. Kids will emulate the cool "bad" kids in their schools....nothing to with "thug" players on the TV. The message of the coverage was very clear. I think the follow up by ESPN was also good where they had the press conference of the DA explaining who was charged with what etc.,

I just disagree with you're evaluation of the NBA being some sort of group of misfits when each of the sports you highlighted have the same issues, if not worse but yet you singled out the NBA for whatever reason.

You're reading a little bit too much into this.

1) Why keep covering the same thing over and over. Once you've seen it, they don't need to show the clip 500 times a day. They covered the home run race because that it is history being made, not assholes (fans and players) fighting in the stands. Big difference. People can decide what is good and bad and I never said "spoon fed" the good things. But as I said, there comes a point where to much coverage happens.

2) ESPN completely went against it. But you know how kids are who look up to their role models, they want to be just like them and emulate their every move regardless what their parents/teachers/media say.
Old 02-27-2005 | 01:49 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

There are white and black players whom conduct themselves in that way. There have been bad seeds in the past, but not as many that are present today. Today, yes many players have tats and wear their jerseys large/pants sagged. I sometimes think that they forget that they aren't appearing in a Big Tymers video. On the flipside, look at Tim Duncan for example. He is how many of these young players should aspire to be. Duncan is well articulated, humble, and polite in every interview I have seen of him.

So in other words you want people to stop being themselves, forget their cultural past and act in ways that are more palatable for your consumption. The "culture" you seem to want to identify as "hip-hop" is the media delievered SUBURBAN WHITE consumer driven culture of MTV.

Quick Reply: LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony