Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

Jermain Taylor vs. Kelly Pavlik

Old 09-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jermain Taylor vs. Kelly Pavlik

Who's gonna be watching? I got HBO on and hopefully am ready to see a good fight, with Taylor coming out on top
Old 09-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Banned

I've always been a big Taylor guy and even though I have only seen Pavlik like twice, i cablt say I am all that impressed with him.

Unfortunately, I;m at my mom's this weekend with no HBO....is the fight over? I'd assume so.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:13 AM
Drifting

Taylor knocked down Pavlik early in the 2nd round and it looked like Taylor was going to finish him off, but he went a little crazy and got tired without being able to end it.

After getting through the round, Pavlik looked like he was doing alright. Hung in there and knocked out taylor in the 7th with a pretty nasty punch followed by a flurry in the corner before the ref stopped it after taylor's legs fell out
Old 09-30-2007, 12:23 AM
Banned

Ahh nice.

Seems like Pavlik has more of a chin than I thought he did.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Burning Brakes

That was a great fight! I honestly think if Taylor would have had Pavlik against the ropes they would have ended the fight. Pavlik can definitely take a punch!

I had a good feeling Taylor was going to lose because he has been exposed (Winky fight) and it took the right person to have the same game plan but just execute better.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Drifting

yeah, I thought taylor would be looking to prove himself, and that he would fight smarter than usual, but I was wrong.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
PAvlick was just hungrier, and executed his game plan better. If you notice, taylor was told to get off the ropes when backed up and he did so with some success. I think he was just living the high life for a bit and lost the passion. Emanual stewart is a curse to fighters, just like Buddy Mcgirk (whatever spelling it is). Seems like their fighters are always losing, most of them anyway.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Acurazine OG.

Boxing is my second favorite sport, and I miss the days of Tyson, Lewis, etc, etc... the sport is hurting now (partially due to MMA)... There is no big time Heavyweight champ. Anyone else feel this way?
Old 10-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChrisKelly5
Boxing is my second favorite sport, and I miss the days of Tyson, Lewis, etc, etc... the sport is hurting now (partially due to MMA)... There is no big time Heavyweight champ. Anyone else feel this way?
Depends on what kind of fight fan you are really. "Heavyweight boxing" fans have had it rough the last decade. However, "boxing" fans have had plenty of entertainment.

Boxing as an *event* always focuses mainly on heavyweights...I actually prefer to watch welterweights, lightweigts and middleweights since it's a better blend of speed and power.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Acurazine OG.

Originally Posted by Pull_T
Depends on what kind of fight fan you are really. "Heavyweight boxing" fans have had it rough the last decade. However, "boxing" fans have had plenty of entertainment.

Boxing as an *event* always focuses mainly on heavyweights...I actually prefer to watch welterweights, lightweigts and middleweights since it's a better blend of speed and power.
I like all of the ranks, although HW is my favorite... Roy Jones JR is my favorite boxer... although he has had it rough lately...

They need a new star to bring the sport back to national prominence.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChrisKelly5
I like all of the ranks, although HW is my favorite... Roy Jones JR is my favorite boxer... although he has had it rough lately...

They need a new star to bring the sport back to national prominence.
RJJ is a legend for sure...of course even the legends are washed up at some point...with most of them needing a couple beatings to convince them.

Mayweather could have been a star but he was always unwilling to move up for fights. Maybe there will be a great white hope in the heavyweight division (american) lol

Barrera/Paquiaou this weekend should be pretty sweet.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Drifting

The heavyweight division has been garbage, but the rest of the classes have been pretty good.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
I box in the amateur ranks, and I'll tell you, there is Plenty of good boxing out now, at any given night, there are like 5 channels that can possibley have boxing. Now the days of the amped up matchups, like Delahoya vs trinidad, or klitchco vs lewis are harder to find. many say that the atheletes that were supposed to be the next big thing went to the NFl or some other higher paying sport because boxing is really hard to make it big unless you are in the top ten. Even Winky right, a boring but top ten fighter just recently made it big, before he was fighting overseas for a few thousand per fight, barely making any $.

Looking forward to showtime with sam peter vs mcline, hopefully these guys are still hungry.

Oh, and another reason boxing is sorta died down, all the arguably best heavyweights are over in Russia and they are holding the belts, making the the american audience less interested and ready to see a huge fight. I hope Holyfoield pulls a Rocky and beats Ibragamov, They are both impressive in their recent fights and Holyfield is like 44 yrs old or somthiung.