Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

holy sh*t who's watching IND vs DET game right now!??

Old 11-20-2004, 05:35 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by dets
yes power, i saw the clip. take a good look. that wasn't the only thing thrown.

It's the only thing he would of noticed seeing as he was laying down and it's the only thing that hit him

and multiple or not, still doesn't give him the right to do what he did. Getting a plastic cup at you and punching a guy is not self defense, esp. if you charge the guy.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
J.O. gave that guy a sick punch
Old 11-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jtkz13

I give him no slack for charging the crowd, thats complete bullshit. Ok, if some fan ran at him and threw a punch thats one thing. You cant claim self-defense if you got hit a a plastic cup, and then go throw wild punches at whoever the fuck you think threw it. There were plenty of witnesses & cameras around. The guy who threw it would have been arressted, banned from the Palace for life, and the whole riot wouldnt have ever happened.

- Artest sealed his fate when he decked that white guy when he was on the court. The fan, while being a retard for going on the court, does not deserve to get decked in the face. Its not like the court is a godamn fighting rink. You dont get to knock someone out because they step onto the floor.

- Jermaine Oneal & Stephen Jackson should be suspensed for the rest of the season. I actually feel a tiny bit bad for Artest, he was at least trying to stay out of Ben's way, but there is no excuse for what he did. Oneal sucker punched a guy who seemingly was caught in the middle. How can you people say they were defending themselves?

Best post of the thread.

I agree with everything here, especially the "you don't get to knock someone out because they step onto the floor"
Old 11-20-2004, 05:58 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dont forget about artets agent in the brown suit pounding that fan....

1 more thing

some of your are callin the pistons fans punks, but the real pussy is artest, he backed down from wallace cause he knows he was gonna get lit up, but when hes sees a skinny guy in the cowd he goes after him, thats what u call a fuckin pussy
Old 11-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Im No Superman

i keep watching it over and over, i saved a epsn clip where they highlighted the guy that threw it, it was the guy right next to the white guy that ended up gettin socked by artest.. the dark guy in blue shirt and white had had some good aim.. artest went right by him straight to the white guy... i found that funny that it took me 1038 repeats of that clip to realize it wasnt really him..
Old 11-20-2004, 06:00 PM
Drifting

Just to look at the history and past precedent....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1927663

"The most recent example of an NBA player going into the stands and punching a fan came in February 1995, when Vernon Maxwell of the Houston Rockets pummeled a spectator in Portland. The league suspended him for 10 games and fined him $20,000.

Among the harshest non-drug-related penalties in NBA history was a one-year suspension of Latrell Sprewell -- later reduced to 68 games -- for choking Golden State Warriors coach P.J. Carlesimo at practice.

Kermit Washington of the Los Angeles Lakers drew a 60-day (26-game) suspension in 1977 for a punch that broke the jaw of the Houston Rockets' Rudy Tomjanovich during a game, while Dennis Rodman was suspended 11 games for kicking a courtside cameraman in the groin and six games for head-butting a referee."

If Kermit Washington got 26 games for sucker punching a PLAYER on the court, how can Artest, Jackson, and O'neal get any less for punching FANS on the court and in the stands?
Old 11-20-2004, 06:21 PM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
1 empty plastic cup huh?

go grab one and throw it. then see how dumb you are.
WTF is the point of this post? Are you seriously trying to say that getting hit with an empty plastic cup is equivalent to getting decked in the face by a guy that is 6'7" 250lbs? WTF??

And I'm not excusing the stupid fans either, what they did was bullshit, but they are not the ones that are paid professionals.

If I had a patient at my work throw a pop at me, I certainly wouldnt go beat the shit out of him, unless he confronted me to my face. You'd think these NBA guys would have enough sense to know that if they punch someone in the face they are getting sued majorly. There's gonna be some white people in metro Detroit with some NBA dollaz $$$.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Suzuka Master

This is a prime reason why I don't watch basketball that much anymore. The league is filled with a bunch of idiots. The game of basketball has changed over the last 5 years to a more "ghetto" style of play. The golden days of Jordan, Magic, and Bird IMO were the primetime of the league and since then it has gone downhill.

As for the fight, I feel all should be suspended for the rest of the season without pay. Make an example of these clowns, so in the future they use their brains. They are getting paid millions of dollars; you can throw beer on me all day for that price. Too many ego's on the court to do that though.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:31 PM
Censored User

Location: Miami - just one day, I would like to drive without getting cut off!
Originally Posted by darrinb
first off junkdter that 3rd person shit is fuckin annoying, u sound like a jack ass

2nd.

arrtest started all this shit, there fuckin up 15, 45 seconds left, no need for a hard ass foul

3rd.
these guys are paid professionals, ne need to go into the stands, any fan in any city would of acted the same way

detroit is gonna have a max of 2 players suspended, ben for sure and maybe rasheed just because he went into the stands even though he was breaking it up

pacers prolly gonna have 4-5 players suspended though
I don't think fans in all cities would act like this....I see fights in pro sports all the time but rarely do I see fans act like such asses. Most of whom probably did so because they didn't think they'd get cold-cocked for doing so. I can't say all detroit fans are like that, but people will remember what happened in "Detroit". Those actions will for a long time be Detroit's reputation, just because thats what people will remember. But what would make any average guy want to knuckle up to a professional athlete in the first place?
Lastly when an athlete goes into the stands thats one thing, but when a fan comes on the playing surface (like those two fools) then they should get whatever comes there way.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by darrinb
dont forget about artets agent in the brown suit pounding that fan....

1 more thing

some of your are callin the pistons fans punks, but the real pussy is artest, he backed down from wallace cause he knows he was gonna get lit up, but when hes sees a skinny guy in the cowd he goes after him, thats what u call a fuckin pussy
Those two fights are completely different situations, you can't compare them.

Does it surprised anyone that Artest went past the black guy who actually threw the cup to pummel the white guy who didn't do shit? Not me...
Old 11-20-2004, 06:55 PM
Censored User

Originally Posted by brian6speed
Artest was an idiot. He shouldnt have rushed the stands, on on top off that how does he go after the wrong person, who is still holding his drink, so obviously he didnt throw it. Id be pissed if i was that guy just standing there and got his face smashed down just cause artests dumb ass cant even realize who threw it so he just goes after the first person he sees. I also dont agree with what you said junkster. Anyone who steps on the court is fair game to get their ass beat. Comon thats stupid. There are floor seats so of course when something like this happens especially there will be people on the floor. They had to go somewhere when the players were trying to trample them. ITs fine to defend yourself if someone tries to hit you first, but they shouldnt be able to just clock anyone that steps on the floor even if their taunting them.
I agree that just because a fan is on the sideline, that they shouldn't be attacked but once they cross onto the playing surface, all bets are off. Besides if you think about it, the first squirmish was pretty much setlling down until some fan decided to get involved and when Artest decided to indulge him. But realisticly, do you think that Artest or anyone else should't have defended himself against the fans on court. Artest had already gotten into it with Wallace and then with several fans. And then two busters decide they want to get a piece of him too, now all of a sudden Artest is not suppose to want to fight. I'm not sorry when I say those two punks got what they deserve, they should have walked their asses away from the action not towards it. Most of us when see a fight that doesn't involve us we stand clear or walk away, but they wanted some action and they got slobberknocked. But I do agree Artest is an idiot, but so are any fans that think buying a ticket gets them access to more than spectating and cheering or booing.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:58 PM
Censored User

Originally Posted by KCPreki11
Does it surprised anyone that Artest went past the black guy who actually threw the cup to pummel the white guy who didn't do shit? Not me...
blah, blah, blah
you're seriously reaching now....
Old 11-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Suzuka Master

blah, blah, blah
Because it doesn't make sense...
Old 11-20-2004, 09:54 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Originally Posted by Maximized
This is a prime reason why I don't watch basketball that much anymore. The league is filled with a bunch of idiots. The game of basketball has changed over the last 5 years to a more "ghetto" style of play. The golden days of Jordan, Magic, and Bird IMO were the primetime of the league and since then it has gone downhill.

As for the fight, I feel all should be suspended for the rest of the season without pay. Make an example of these clowns, so in the future they use their brains. They are getting paid millions of dollars; you can throw beer on me all day for that price. Too many ego's on the court to do that though.

The fighting and flagrant fouls amongst players has always been going on. Even Bird was none to play pretty dirty at times. This fighting fans shit is rediculous. But all the other bullshit has always gone on. I actually enjoy it I mean look at the old school Pistons, those fuckers were DIRTY!
Old 11-20-2004, 09:55 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by JaDia4
I don't think fans in all cities would act like this....I see fights in pro sports all the time but rarely do I see fans act like such asses. Most of whom probably did so because they didn't think they'd get cold-cocked for doing so. I can't say all detroit fans are like that, but people will remember what happened in "Detroit". Those actions will for a long time be Detroit's reputation, just because thats what people will remember. But what would make any average guy want to knuckle up to a professional athlete in the first place?
Lastly when an athlete goes into the stands thats one thing, but when a fan comes on the playing surface (like those two fools) then they should get whatever comes there way.

Dude, how the hell can you be a fellow Raider fan and be able to post something like this

You should of seen the shit I witnessed at the San Diego game
Old 11-20-2004, 10:05 PM
Who Dis Is?

I think they were both stupid as fuck. The fans and the players. The fans think they're hard to disrespect someone while the Artest was a moron for going after the guy. It was completly selfish and ignorant. Pacers are missing the gut of their team now because not only did Artest go in to the crowd, but dragged 2 other teammates into the situation. It makes me sick to watch this shit. Pacers are gonna suck now all because of a plastic cup.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:11 PM
Banned

Personally, i think the whole thing is awesome. Great entertainment. I love watching the replays. Everyone is gonna get fucked on this one. Pacers, your season just went down the tube.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by CLpower
The fighting and flagrant fouls amongst players has always been going on. Even Bird was none to play pretty dirty at times. This fighting fans shit is rediculous. But all the other bullshit has always gone on. I actually enjoy it I mean look at the old school Pistons, those fuckers were DIRTY!
Yes that's true, but back in the day the game was team orientated. Now, it's a one-on-one style play. The older players had a lot more respect for the game and their opponents. These new guys are getting cockier and need a reality check. Many of these players would still be in the projects if it wasn't for basketball and farther down the road, the NBA.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
I feel pretty bad for the rest of the pacers - they're going to have to play what, 40 minutes /game each for a while?
Old 11-21-2004, 12:16 AM
///M POWER

howd the pacers do tonite
Old 11-21-2004, 01:18 AM
Suzuka Master

it still disgusts me everytime I see stephen jackson clock that guy in the black in the stands...i hope he's suspended for a long long time
Old 11-21-2004, 03:32 AM
Who am I?

this reminds me of HS bball. a situation similar to this happened, but it ended up just being fans of both teams fighting. now THAT was good entertainment.

http://www.nyjournalnews.com/sports/...13fightforweb/
Old 11-21-2004, 03:39 AM
Drifting

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3179442

Could be 30 games for Artest, 20 for jackson and O neal
Old 11-21-2004, 04:00 AM
Got a Job!

http://www.collegehumor.com/news/nba-riot.wmv

this is the full vid that was on sportscenter...they play it from the beginning, and then they do a recap and show point by point what happened. Pretty cool, but the quality isn't top-notch. Either way it was a shit load better than the others.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:06 AM
Drifting

http://epsilon.applepics.com/50/use...9edb94c833f.gif

this is the funniest shit ever!
Old 11-21-2004, 04:10 AM
Who am I?

Originally Posted by Dem1K
thats the full vid..... after all of this one thing can be said.... at least Artest's boys had his back
Old 11-21-2004, 09:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Anyone have a link to the 12 minute, high quality vid? There's one out there but all the links i've found have been dead.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Osnap, jsut found it - www.basketbrawl.us
Old 11-21-2004, 09:33 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by Maximized
Yes that's true, but back in the day the game was team orientated. Now, it's a one-on-one style play. The older players had a lot more respect for the game and their opponents. These new guys are getting cockier and need a reality check. Many of these players would still be in the projects if it wasn't for basketball and farther down the road, the NBA.

Dude, have you ever seen old ABA footage?
Old 11-21-2004, 09:35 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by thatguy
this reminds me of HS bball. a situation similar to this happened, but it ended up just being fans of both teams fighting. now THAT was good entertainment.

http://www.nyjournalnews.com/sports/...13fightforweb/

Yea, we get that A LOT out here

hell, we have multiple local high schools that had GIANT race wars this week. One school said 1,000 kids were involved
Old 11-21-2004, 11:04 AM
War Eagle!!!

what's sickening is you all know that if you even mouthed off to one of your customers, you would be fired on the spot. I'm sick and tired of these pussy basketball players acting like the world owes them something because they have to 'struggle' on the court making millions of dollars playing a sport that's too hyped up anyway. Back in the day when the NBA was based on awesome sheer talent, it was worth watching. Now it's worse than watching MTV's the real world. I don't give a flying fawk if you think you're a 'thug' and you 'dare' someone to come into 'your house' and oh no...throw a cup of water on you. Ban these players from the game. Period. Or Commissioner Stern will never see the end of it. You can ban Pete Rose from baseball for gambling? you can ban players for assaulting fans. who are customers. who come to the games for the love of the game.
Old 11-21-2004, 12:23 PM
2004 Euro Cup Champions

Originally Posted by jtkz13
WTF is the point of this post? Are you seriously trying to say that getting hit with an empty plastic cup is equivalent to getting decked in the face by a guy that is 6'7" 250lbs? WTF??

And I'm not excusing the stupid fans either, what they did was bullshit, but they are not the ones that are paid professionals.

If I had a patient at my work throw a pop at me, I certainly wouldnt go beat the shit out of him, unless he confronted me to my face. You'd think these NBA guys would have enough sense to know that if they punch someone in the face they are getting sued majorly. There's gonna be some white people in metro Detroit with some NBA dollaz $$$.

You are a moron. No sense arguing with you.

re read my post and if you still don't know. you are retarded.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:09 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
pwuahahhahahha - his album cover

Old 11-21-2004, 01:29 PM
6SPDCLS

I just watched the video.

Oh shit. I'm not a basketball fan at all and righteously so! These "thugs" can't even play a decent professional basketball game. This game is just like EA's Street Ball game on the ps2. What a disgrace to even be associated with the NBA.

What's worse is that they are now resorting to hitting fans? WTF? If you get paid millions a year and the people that actually contribute to parts of your salary (the fans), you need to show some damn discipline in handling situations. It's not like you got clobbered...a plastic bottle and some beer on you...come the fuck on. Even bill gates was smashed with a PIE in the face and did you see him beat down the person that did it- assuming he can even fight? I can see NHL players kick the shit out of each other (still don't know why that is allowed) but that is against each other (player vs. player). Smashing a fan in the face like that is just wrong.

These guys are over 6.5 ft tall. Weighing in at over 250lbs. Basically a trained athlete who is "bigger" than a typical nba fan. You have to carry some sound judgement before you strike a person. It's like mike tyson punching a small dog because it pissed on his leg. I saw how some of the players just knocked the fuck out of a few of the fans and that's just bad especially when it's caught on national tv.

If that stupid thug didn't lie on the bench, the fan wouldn't of been able to splash him. He should of just gotten up, get pissed off, exchange threats and have security handle that fucking fan douche bag. No need to do it yourself just to prove how ghetto you really are.

I think what started all this was the "alcohol" involved. Too much of that shit makes everyone stupid. Ban that shit from now on. I can bring family members to a game without the need to worry about some drunk asshole who always like to start shit. This is not only a blow for the NBA, this shit just makes black people look worse than they already do. You have 50 cent g units, you got other rappers who get charged with battery (BET awards show), now you got NBA thugs who gets to assault fans. Now it's so stereotyped that blacks either rap or play bastketball and worse, they can't do it in a civilized way. BAN these players for life should be the penalty. If you don't, these nba guys will probably do it again. That's the only way to restore some decency in this sport.

Lastly, I think artest took it out on a fan rather than confronting that big ass fucker ben wallace. WEAK!

PS- no wonder michael jordan quit! I miss the good ol' days when basketball was actually fun to watch.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Infamous425
pwuahahhahahha - his album cover

Old 11-21-2004, 02:36 PM
teh Senior Instigator

You are a moron. No sense arguing with you.

re read my post and if you still don't know. you are retarded.

you are calling him a moron?
Old 11-21-2004, 05:11 PM
Race Director

Received 883 Likes on 538 Posts
I think they should do as they do in FIFA Let the Pistons and pacers play a game or 2 without anyone in the stands.

This whole thing is a disgrace.
I don't care if you get a beer throne in your face, that is no right to go into the stands and beat the crap out of the person you "THINK" did it. If I had a beer throne on me and then proceeded to beat him up. I would probably spend the night in jail.

The other thing I notice is that these players keep opening their mouths and inserting not just ther foot but their whole leg.

Harrison dismissed the notion that because the players are paid handsomely they should be able to deal with such situations.

"We endured the verbal abuse, did we not?" he said. "We do not get paid millions of dollars to get stuff thrown at us. Nobody gets paid to money to get stuff thrown at you unless you're a circus clown sitting in a booth. That's not our job."

"I don't care how much money I'm getting paid," he added. "If you're trying to harm me, and I'm in a position to defend myself, I'm going to defend myself."
I don't care that statement is bullshit. BEER is not intent to harm. It is a liquid.

If they were throwing sulfuric acid that would be a different story.

Last note is Artest suspended for the rest of the season or for 30 games. I have heard 2 different reports.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:44 PM
Censored User

Originally Posted by Beelzebub
I don't care that statement is bullshit. BEER is not intent to harm. It is a liquid.

If they were throwing sulfuric acid that would be a different story.

Last note is Artest suspended for the rest of the season or for 30 games. I have heard 2 different reports.
Beelz...
I don't think you're being realistic. The fact that it was just beer and didn't hurt him is beside the fact. That jackass threw that beer with hostile intentions, to be disrespectful and because he thought he would be caught doing it, which apparently he wasn't. If it were the average person that had a beer thrown in their face they'd do same thing. I'm not saying Artest was right, but in a similar situation I'd want to go kick the guys ass too. But hopefully my good sense would take over and I'd restrain myself. I think considering Artests history, the outcome and embarassment for the NBA, suspension for the remainder of the year is fair, however Artest also wont be paid during that time. If he make $3-4 million per year, that is entirely too stiff of a fine.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:48 PM
drop em like its hot

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

artest is suspended for the rest of the season... i dont agree with the decision, i think 20 game suspension would be just. he doesn't deserve to be suspended for the rest of the season

i think any level headed guy in his position would've done exactly the same as he did... i mean sure he should have been "professional" and whatnot but under the circumstances, he was unjustly provoked and when you're pissed you're gonna act pissed. if some fucker threw a cup ful of beer at me i would pound the shit out of him, end of story

well atleast he'll have time to promote his "rap album"
Old 11-21-2004, 05:49 PM
Race Director

Received 883 Likes on 538 Posts
Call security.

I am not defending the idiotic fans, they need to be prosecuted by the law bot have a thug go into the stands and go after the person that he thinks did it. He was looking the wrong way so he had no idea who acutally did it. and the person he did hit still had a beer in his hand.

Quick Reply: holy sh*t who's watching IND vs DET game right now!??