Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

holy sh*t who's watching IND vs DET game right now!??

Old 11-20-2004, 01:38 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,314 Likes on 967 Posts
OH yeah. That's exactly why those suspensions are enforced. Part of the asst. coaches' job is to make sure the bench players don't get into the game. They also got rid of hand checks and the forearm to the body at a 90 degree angle rules. Not from that game but both Riley trademarks.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:39 AM
Revelation 3:15-17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ Wallace is the one that looks psycho with the hair. IMO Wallace would
woop the out of Arrtest. Did you see when Wallace shoved his face
8 feet back? Arrtest got like a :ghey:

Divine, who thinks your little voice can jerk my salami

Old 11-20-2004, 01:40 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,314 Likes on 967 Posts
Originally Posted by darrinb
c'mon, no need for such a hard foul, 45 seconds left and they were up 15

i think some of u are forgetting what type of fuck up artest is, i think if it was anyone else that the fans would of reacted differently, artest just has no respect across the whole league

usually when theres a scuffle on the court the fans dont get involved but artest is just the type of person that would be attacked
I think he has respect as a player. He did win Defensive POY last year over Ben. Sure he's a fuck up but he's a very tough, aggressive defender. He's known to play 110% every game. If it's Ron being Ron it's more likely Ron being the best cover defender in the league instead of producer, fan fighting fuckup.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:40 AM
Teh ?

c'mon, no need for such a hard foul, 45 seconds left and they were up 15

i think some of u are forgetting what type of fuck up artest is, i think if it was anyone else that the fans would of reacted differently, artest just has no respect across the whole league

usually when theres a scuffle on the court the fans dont get involved but artest is just the type of person that would be attacked
I agree that foul was uncalled for... and Ben just was emotional from losing the game.

Actually, ballers in the league respect Artest as a PLAYER... but not as a person... he's a whack job, but it's hard to find a 6'7 guy that can play three positions and play solid d...

you can't just say artest=fans getting involved... that's just finding a scapegoat.

Junkster, who understand the defensive position of the TRUE Piston fans
Old 11-20-2004, 01:42 AM
Teh ?

Originally Posted by Doom878
OH yeah. That's exactly why those suspensions are enforced. Part of the asst. coaches' job is to make sure the bench players don't get into the game. They also got rid of hand checks and the forearm to the body at a 90 degree angle rules. Not from that game but both Riley trademarks.
Riley really made some impact on the NBA, with his style of play... peeps forget how much of an influence he was.

Junkster, who does commend Riley on the Shaq deal
Old 11-20-2004, 01:44 AM
Teh ?

Originally Posted by DivineCL
^ Wallace is the one that looks psycho with the hair. IMO Wallace would
woop the out of Arrtest. Did you see when Wallace shoved his face
8 feet back? Arrtest got like a :ghey:

Divine, who thinks your little voice can jerk my salami

That lonely tonight, Divine?

I wanna see what the players will say tommorow... I bet the player's association will have a script for them to read so that they look like they did nothing wrong.

Junkster, who likes that 'fro
Old 11-20-2004, 01:44 AM
Texan trapped in NM

For the amount of money they get paid they should be able to use some restraint. I understand how easy it’s to fly off the handle but if the NBA wants they can pay me millions and have people pour beer on me. Either way the guys on ESPN were using the analogue 'that if you're on the street and someone poured a beer on you you'd do the same thing’. Well you're not on the street they're professional athletes and on national TV. Artest should have let the police sort that drunken asshat out. The NBA already has a rep as a bunch of thugs and this is just going to continue that imagine.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:45 AM
Teh ?

Originally Posted by jruss9819
For the amount of money they get paid they should be able to use some restraint. I understand how easy it’s to fly off the handle but if the NBA wants they can pay me millions and have people pour beer on me. Either way the guys on ESPN were using the analogue 'that if you're on the street and someone poured a beer on you you'd do the same thing’. Well you're not on the street they're professional athletes and on national TV. Artest should have let the police sort that drunken asshat out. The NBA already has a rep as a bunch of thugs and this is just going to continue that imagine.
In an ideal world, that would be the case...

Junkster, who thinks Artest was stupid for jumpin in there
Old 11-20-2004, 01:48 AM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if this end up where theres gonna be no more courtside or close seats its gonna suck
Old 11-20-2004, 01:50 AM
Teh ?

if this end up where theres gonna be no more courtside or close seats its gonna suck
oooh, didn't think about the courtside seats...

Junkster, who always wanted to yell at the ref from courtside
Old 11-20-2004, 01:53 AM
We dont love these hoes

this is sports now for ya, drama drama drama. that was insane, ben wallace owns ron artest, artest nearly had a heart attack after that shove. this is the last time any of us will ever hear about sprewell choking his coach. if this affects seating in nba arenas ill be pissed. stephen jackson looks like he can scrap, jermaine oneal should be doing jail time, i cant imagine what that would be like to take that hit from him.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:56 AM
Revelation 3:15-17

Originally Posted by Junkster

That lonely tonight, Divine?

I wanna see what the players will say tommorow... I bet the player's association will have a script for them to read so that they look like they did nothing wrong.

Junkster, who likes that 'fro

Yeah...for some reason I have no friends but you guys!

Theres going to be a lot of explaining to do.

Negative, his fro' can be used for something more useful, like dusting your
house with it.

Divine, who has 700 post .......booooh, wait until you reach 1k

Thats all folks!
Good night everyone!
BTW Junkster
Old 11-20-2004, 01:56 AM
Teh ?

stephen jackson = ghetto... that kid got all into it.

O'Neal's shot is kinda borderline for me... that dude was on the floor, where he shouldn't have been in the first place. Rushing fans in the stands is one thing, but when a fan is on the floor, he should be fair game...

I see a lot of PWN3D pics coming out of this fight

Junkster, who wants a pic of that kid's face as Artest rushes him
Old 11-20-2004, 01:59 AM
Teh ?

hehe... and of course, some a-hole has to give me neg rep points without leaving a name...

they just showed a clip with one of the player's families leaving the stadium... and one of the little kids is cryin scared... That's sad.

Junkster, who hopes nobody, guilty or not, is seriously hurt
Old 11-20-2004, 02:04 AM
ITS ALL ABOUT THE GLOW

Dude that was the coolest shit i have ever seen in sports
Old 11-20-2004, 02:05 AM
Teh ?

Originally Posted by Blades
Dude that was the coolest shit i have ever seen in sports

It's comments like that which will make peeps think it's cool to do that...

BTW, where's that pic of your CL?

Junkster, who will check the other thread
Old 11-20-2004, 02:06 AM
Texan trapped in NM

This has happened in other sports lots of times. So, I guess the NBA shouldn't take things to far. They can't afford to piss the few fans they have left.

I didn't like how the NBA guys on ESPN were trying to make it sound like the NBA sooo special. What I mean by that is they were saying the basketball is special because the fans are so close to the players. In baseball you can be just as close and things like this happen. Anytime is does the sport looks bad and baseball hasn't taken out the first 10-20 rows.

All I can say is the Artest looks good defending his honor agaist a fan. As well as, his teammates for doing the same
Old 11-20-2004, 02:09 AM
ITS ALL ABOUT THE GLOW

It's comments like that which will make peeps think it's cool to do that...

BTW, where's that pic of your CL?

Junkster, who will check the other thread
right-o check other thread but hey its entertainment
Old 11-20-2004, 02:09 AM
Teh ?

baseball had their problems with fans this year... and that's a struggling league.

NBA isn't doing fantastic either, but they have their international fanbase... which will probably be turned off by this.

ESPN is biased when it comes to NBA... they think it's all that.

Junkster, whose least fave pro sport is baseball... but loves to go to the ballpark
Old 11-20-2004, 02:33 AM
ALi G in the House!

junkster who's mad words bring a tear to my eye
Old 11-20-2004, 02:34 AM
Teh ?

Originally Posted by AkuraCLS
junkster who's mad words bring a tear to my eye

Don't toy with my emotions... hehe.

Junkster, who is really upset about the incident
Old 11-20-2004, 03:38 AM
Im No Superman

man i was out all night tonight, i come home @ 12:30 am my mom is awake and has this tivo'd on epsn news and cbs news and shes showin me the game on epsn2. my mom was like "its the craziest shit ever" i laughed so hard at that one fool who thought he could just wak u p to arrtest and just look @ him... he got F'd up n so did that one guy oneal flew at.. piston fans are pussys for throwin so much and pourin beer on oneal u know that kid woulda ran if he got chased.. lol funny ish tho it made my night
Old 11-20-2004, 04:04 AM
Drifting

Wow, I can't believe what most of you guys are saying.

A player cannot and should not go into the stands, period. How can you argue self defense? He shoulda just shrugged it off, pointed the guy out, and let security handle it. This happens ALL THE TIME at games. People always throw stuff, especially at football games. Do players jump into stands and hit fans? I mean, the guy got hit with a plastic cup. And he charges the stands? What if there were women and children around? What if you are an innocent fan standing next to the guy who initially threw the cup?

And the O'neal sucker punch? No excuse. There should be lawsuits like crazy.

And what's up with the NBA doing damage control and blaming the fans, and talking about 10 game suspensions.

If Latrell Sprewell got 68 games for putting his hands around his COACH in private, then how could Stephen Jackson, Artest, and Jermaine O'neal get anything less?

I will be pretty upset if all 3 of them don't get suspended at least for the remainder of the season.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:18 AM
Drifting

Artest is fucking nuts

The whole incident had me in tears, i was laughing so hard. What a bunch of overpaid idiots.

They poured a lot of beer on Jermaine O neal...had me dying.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:20 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by GOOSE

And what's up with the NBA doing damage control and blaming the fans, and talking about 10 game suspensions.

If Latrell Sprewell got 68 games for putting his hands around his COACH in private, then how could Stephen Jackson, Artest, and Jermaine O'neal get anything less?

I will be pretty upset if all 3 of them don't get suspended at least for the remainder of the season.

I can see David Stern making an example out of this and suspending a couple of players (Artest, Stephen jackson) for the rest of the season, or until all star break at least...i would actually like to see that.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:53 AM
Drifting

http://epsilon.applepics.com/50/use...9edb94c833f.gif

check this out..wow
Old 11-20-2004, 05:05 AM
Masshole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A player cannot and should not go into the stands, period. How can you argue self defense? He shoulda just shrugged it off, pointed the guy out, and let security handle it. This happens ALL THE TIME at games. People always throw stuff, especially at football games. Do players jump into stands and hit fans? I mean, the guy got hit with a plastic cup. And he charges the stands? What if there were women and children around? What if you are an innocent fan standing next to the guy who initially threw the cup?

Finally, something I can agree with a little.

And, for the clowns surprised by Rasheed trying to break it up...you obviously have no idea what he's really like.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:21 AM
Suzuka Master

I'd love to see some enforcement in the NBA. Suspended for the season would be great. Let those 3 cool off and then have to deal with their team sucking this whole year.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:39 AM
Masshole

Nice fucking sport. :ghey: I just saw all the shots from ESPN....what a game.

Disgusting
Old 11-20-2004, 07:11 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by tmk70
Nice fucking sport. :ghey: I just saw all the shots from ESPN....what a game.

Disgusting
Agreed.

I don't even know where to start... It's fucking sad, disgusting... Damn it...

WTF is wrong with people???
Old 11-20-2004, 07:15 AM
Masshole

Originally Posted by Scrib
Agreed.

I don't even know where to start... It's fucking sad, disgusting... Damn it...

WTF is wrong with people???

At some point in the last 10 years, the NBA became COMPLETELY gangsta...fucking players covered in tattoos, coming into the league straight out of Punkass High School. I mean, how many times does Ron Artest need to display what a fucking piece of shit he is on National TV before someone bans his ass from the league?

That said, I will lay some of the blame on the shithead Detroit fans, but if you are in the NBA, making literally MILLIONS for playing your favorite sport, it is your DUTY to stay the fuck out of the stands.

NBA=ghetto.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:14 AM
Burn some dust here

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
NBA is a joke. If I was stern I would make sure that Wallace, O'Neil (sp?), Artest, and Jackson are suspended without pay for the rest of the year. Sorry boys but if you want to act all gangsta then your gonna get the gangsta treatment. They have enough money as it is but lets see how tough they are when they lose 5-10 million each.

Cob3683, who thinks the NBA has sucked since the 2nd Jordan retirement.

Sorry Junkster
Old 11-20-2004, 08:24 AM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Now, I'm admitting I'm a Pistons fan, but I think I can see it clearly enough to know who's to blame. If you guys didnt see it 100% live you cant make a 100% pure judgement on it.

- You cant blame Ron Artest for a hard foul. He's getting paid mucho $$$ to make defensive stops. Just because they are up 15 points doesnt mean he should let Ben dunk in his face, like he's a bitch.

- Ben waaaaaay overreacted. Ok fine, push Artest & yell. That'll get you a 2 game suspension & a fine, big f'in deal. Dont continue harping & throwing shit at him when he is obviously trying to stay out of it.

- I am ashamed to be a Pistons fan right now. People should really know better than to throw shit & instigate a brawl like that.

- Ron Artest is an easy target, and he knows it. Fans know he is a hothead, and he just fouled the most beloved player on the entire Pistons roster, in a game that was a blowout, for the most part. If you dont want any part of the action sit your ass at the bench, dont make yourself look like an ass by laying on the scorers table, thats just asking for trouble. I give him no slack for charging the crowd, thats complete bullshit. Ok, if some fan ran at him and threw a punch thats one thing. You cant claim self-defense if you got hit a a plastic cup, and then go throw wild punches at whoever the fuck you think threw it. There were plenty of witnesses & cameras around. The guy who threw it would have been arressted, banned from the Palace for life, and the whole riot wouldnt have ever happened.

- Artest sealed his fate when he decked that white guy when he was on the court. The fan, while being a retard for going on the court, does not deserve to get decked in the face. Its not like the court is a godamn fighting rink. You dont get to knock someone out because they step onto the floor.

- Jermaine Oneal & Stephen Jackson should be suspensed for the rest of the season. I actually feel a tiny bit bad for Artest, he was at least trying to stay out of Ben's way, but there is no excuse for what he did. Oneal sucker punched a guy who seemingly was caught in the middle. How can you people say they were defending themselves? getting beer throw at you is just gonna make you sticky, not cause you injury, decking someone at a running start when you are 7'0" 300lbs could kill a person. This isnt the fuckin ball court in the projects, so dont act like is.

Anyways, I think some of you need to understand that you cant come close to using "real-world" rules for a situation like this. If you want to see some ghetto motherfuckers throwin down, go to the streets. It should be expected of the NBA players to realize they are in a stadium with 50,000 people, not all of them are going to be smart.

Dec 25th is starting to sound like a good day to watch NBC.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
You guys that call NBA players thugs kill me. Shit like this happens with baseball and hockey players all the time but no one calls them thugs.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:16 AM
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
first off junkdter that 3rd person shit is fuckin annoying, u sound like a jack ass

2nd.
arrtest started all this shit, there fuckin up 15, 45 seconds left, no need for a hard ass foul
3rd.
these guys are paid professionals, ne need to go into the stands, any fan in any city would of acted the same way

detroit is gonna have a max of 2 players suspended, ben for sure and maybe rasheed just because he went into the stands even though he was breaking it up

pacers prolly gonna have 4-5 players suspended though
1st.
What? Dat shite iz mad cool. I always look forward to readin' dat shite. It'z u who
sound like a j... ...

2nd.
STFU, biatch. Ben overreacted. Ron did what most men wit balls would do.

Vybz, who would love to start usin the "third person," but don't want to sound
like a copycat
Old 11-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
BTW I love Junkster's use of the 3rd person.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:32 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Bulldog01
Artest is an ass. Any "fan" who does shit like that is an ass, too, but Artest needs to have his shit rewired.

for sure, IMO what the fan did was fucked up but hte pacers had no business going after the guy

there were a shit load of great punches thrown
Old 11-20-2004, 10:34 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Those fans deserved it...

BTW, FIFA has a no-fan policy when things like this happen at games... this means that the home team of the incident plays in empty stadiums for one to multiple games...

Detroit deserves five games for this...

And the CEO of Pistons has the nerve to say that they had enough security... there were chairs flying!!!

Junkster, who feels bad that this happened to a Larry Brown team

Think about anywhere you've been w/ a crowd and good security. You'd still be able to throw a chair. If you want good security you've gotta match the fans 1 to 1
Old 11-20-2004, 10:35 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Who knows if alcohol was really to blame, if you noticed the fans that did fight back at first were the friends of the guy artest went after. If I were them i'd be hitting the pacers too. Then it escalated cause fans saw pacers trying to hit other fans. I think the blame is 50/50. Watch any sporting game, shit gets thrown at players, but going into the stands is unacceptable.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:36 AM
teh Senior Instigator

A player shouldn't have to stand for anything just because he's getting paid...

I'm sure if someone walked into my work place, yelled at me, and threw a drink at me... I'm outs, that's a call for ass beatin...

Junkster, who thinks such reason would justify paparazzi breaking into your house

Agreed, i'd do the same, but I'd also know it wasn't the right or smart thing to do and would know i'd be facing consequences. He had no business doing that. It's a fucking beer.

Quick Reply: holy sh*t who's watching IND vs DET game right now!??