AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues (https://acurazine.com/forums/sports-talk-fantasy-leagues-38/)
-   -   College Football: 2011 Season News and Discussion Thread (https://acurazine.com/forums/sports-talk-fantasy-leagues-38/college-football-2011-season-news-discussion-thread-831569/)

invisiblewar 01-09-2012 09:46 PM

Holy shit this is the worst game ever.

Professor 01-09-2012 10:02 PM

It's not a game. It's a business. I got my taste of it in the late '80's. Nebraska and Oklahoma were like 1 and 2 and everyone thought Neb. or OK would win since the starting QB of the favorite when down before the game with an injury. I don't remember the bandwagon team.

At any rate, a friend of mine with crooked connections said the dog would win without their Heisman starting QB and it would be by this many points. The SOB was correct.

I realize that a team of 11 can be influence a game of uncles of 2 of them. That's NCAA Football.

Professor 01-09-2012 10:16 PM

Rock... I've been through so much of this with South Carolina, just remember, we are the SEC.

oo7spy 01-09-2012 10:21 PM

Is it just me, or are there a lot of no calls? I've seen two horse collars against LSU, and Alabama just tackled the RB on a screen before hitting the QB in the head with their hand.

Professor 01-09-2012 10:23 PM

All of this BS is just why the NCAA doesn't declare a Div. 1A (FBS) champion.

imj0257 01-09-2012 10:30 PM

Such a boring piece of shit game. I wish I would have watched my netflix movie rather than this.

90% of the bowl games this year were better than this one. Stanford vs OK St. should have been the title game.

05TLdcc 01-09-2012 10:37 PM

I can't believe I stayed up to watch that crap.

Professor 01-09-2012 10:42 PM

http://www.beyondusports.com/smart-m...g-alabama-lsu/

And BTW, Obama is favored to win.

oo7spy 01-09-2012 10:48 PM

I think a lot of you are missing the point blinded by your hatred for the BCS.

Could anyone have beaten 'Bama tonight? I think the answer is no. They are the best team in the nation right now and deserve to be National Champions. That's ALL it is about. If you want to argue entertainment value, you are no better than the fucks that stop a playoff from happening.

imj0257 01-09-2012 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by oo7spy (Post 13470314)
I think a lot of you are missing the point blinded by your hatred for the BCS.

Could anyone have beaten 'Bama tonight? I think the answer is no. They are the best team in the nation right now and deserve to be National Champions. That's ALL it is about. If you want to argue entertainment value, you are no better than the fucks that stop a playoff from happening.

Hatred for the BCS and hatred for a boring defensive game. 99% of the people watching would rather watch a fun, high scoring game than something as boring as this, which is all defense (for the most part; LSU also looked like the stayed out too late last night).

Yes Alabama is deservedly the champion, but we still don't know if another team on another night could beat them such as OK St. or Oregon. And we never will know.

:O

Professor 01-09-2012 10:57 PM

^ To answer your question the homer from SC says SOS would have at least put some points on the board.

I understand what you are saying and agree. But my issue is the arbitrary date of a "champion." If team A beats team B in October, and reverses in Jan. does that make team B a better team? If that's the case, then teams should schedule to lose early in the season. Then load up with FCS teams and bye weeks in Oct. and Nov., right?

JS + XES 01-09-2012 11:00 PM

I don't care about all this BCS hatred or drama shit. Don't really matter. Who are we anyway? Nobody.

But that was one of the most boring football games I've ever watched in my life.

I hate to say this but that LSU quarterback was almost a joke. He just had no idea what the eff was going on.

Congrats to Alabama though. Their defense is GREAT.

oo7spy 01-09-2012 11:15 PM

Wait, I am confused. Are we really going to say that what happens at the beginning or middle of a season matters? It doesn't in any other sport. Who gives a damn how you play in October? Was Butler really better than half of the 64 teams in the big dance two years ago? Could they have beat each of them even 6 times out of 10? No, but they won at the end (except the very end) and deserved to be in the title game because of it. That's the nature of sports. I guess the Giants didn't deserve that SB ring over NE because NE only lost one game, right?

Next you're going to tell me a computer can pick who a better sports team is too. :rolleyes:

Let's not forget OSU lost to IOWA ST. That's right the mighty Cyclones from legendary football town USA, Ames, Iowa.

achenator 01-10-2012 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by imj0257 (Post 13470322)
Hatred for the BCS and hatred for a boring defensive game. 99% of the people watching would rather watch a fun, high scoring game than something as boring as this, which is all defense (for the most part; LSU also looked like the stayed out too late last night).

Yes Alabama is deservedly the champion, but we still don't know if another team on another night could beat them such as OK St. or Oregon. And we never will know.

:O

There is no fucking way OK St. or Oregon would have beat Alabama OR LSU tonight.:2cents:

Rockstar21 01-10-2012 01:36 AM

Bama wanted it more... Congrats...

And SEC supremacy forever.

cmschmie 01-10-2012 06:17 AM

There was not a whole lot exciting about that game. Turned it off after the 3rd quarter. Can't believe I missed the only touchdown...

I don't think anyone would have beat Alabama last night and they most definitely deserve the title (Split title talk is just retarded)

To think that if Alabama had a kicker that could kick, it would be undisputed.
-----------------

BCS committee is meeting today to talk about the "future". Hoping at least for a plus one, no way they vote for a playoff.

hornyleprechaun 01-10-2012 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Professor (Post 13469494)
Before 7:30PM EST, I am taking Alabama straight-up over LSU tonight for $20 a bet.

For those that have bet with me in the past, you know if I lose, it will be in your Paypal account tomorrow just as the ones who have paid me.

The bet is not confirmed until I PM you to get each other's Paypal addresses.

Also as a side bet, I will predict the exact score before the game begins for $5.

Good Luck

You still owe me $20 for the Auburn/USCe game this year ;)

imj0257 01-10-2012 07:12 AM

Congrats Sho nuff. Was a close one this year.
http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/8863/97776421.png

JS + XES 01-10-2012 11:57 AM

Looking forward to next season! :)

Should be fun!

It was fun talking to you guys for this season.

A lot of times we were arguing for no reason, but it is what it is.

At the end of the day, we all root for different teams. :D

Congrats to Alabama and SEC conference!

1slo23 01-11-2012 08:16 AM

Alabama defense was live a brick wall. I was a bit shocked by how ell they stopped LSU's offense, Jordan Jefferson was not all there and seemed nervous the entire game.

Rockstar21 01-11-2012 08:45 AM

at least the Jordan Jefforson Saga is over.

we def. did something great with a mediocre quarterback.
and im not saying it would be any different if Lee would have been put in, b/c he too, is mediocre.

these 3 high profile quarterbacks we have next year will have huge expectations with our core team and playmakers being underclassmen.

if we dont make a run again this year, its a coaching issue.

1slo23 01-11-2012 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by 1slo23 (Post 13473162)
Alabama's defense was like a brick wall. I was a bit shocked by how well they stopped LSU's offense, Jordan Jefferson was not all there and seemed nervous the entire game.

fixed typos

At least LSU made it all the way to the BCS Championship, my poor Volunteers haven't been doing so hot.

Rockstar21 01-17-2012 07:52 AM

Jarrett Lee looked great and threw 2 touchdowns in the College all-star game.
It was the first time he played a meaningful down since the LSU victory over Alabama in November...

12 of 17, 170 Yds, 2 TDs, 0 INT

way to go Les Miles... something doesnt add up about that day...

hornyleprechaun 01-17-2012 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Rockstar21 (Post 13473201)
at least the Jordan Jefforson Saga is over.

we def. did something great with a mediocre quarterback.
and im not saying it would be any different if Lee would have been put in, b/c he too, is mediocre.

these 2 high profile quarterbacks we have next year will have huge expectations with our core team and playmakers being underclassmen.

if we dont make a run again this year, its a coaching issue.

FIFY

Kiel isn't going to LSU anymore..

Rockstar21 01-17-2012 10:37 AM

he missed a team meeting yesterday

although that's not a good sign, there hasnt been any official word that he changed commitment. just speculation. keeping an eye on it though. and he is still currently enrolled in LSU for classes.

im guessing he's not liking that he wont start next year :shrug:

edit: the article also says its an issue with the parents wanting him to stay close to home (notre dame)

Rockstar21 01-17-2012 02:22 PM

yup, the little bastard switched the day school started.

its a shame his parents convinced him to go somewhere that he didnt want to all because they knew he'd start sooner and be closer to home.

he would have been 2nd in line at LSU for 2 years tops. and had a shot at a national title.

JS + XES 01-17-2012 11:03 PM

can't wait to see USC playing next season! :woot:

Professor 01-17-2012 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by JS + MS3 (Post 13488552)
can't wait to see USC playing next season! :woot:

Me either... we are already ranked #7 in preseason polls and have to play LSU this year... wait... I bet you are not talking real football like in the SEC. You are talking about the South Cows. :ugh:

JS + XES 01-18-2012 12:36 AM

:rofl:

Dude, you are one of the dumbest fuckers on this forum, seriously.

Get off my nut on that fucking topic already dumbass.

You root for your team and I'll do the same for my team. Stop trying to act like an old dumbfuck like you always do.

JS + XES 01-18-2012 12:39 AM

And if a member who root for Bama or LSU have your attitude, then it would make some sense actually.

But you are rooting for an average fucking university of south carolina. You think your team is something because it's in the same conference with Bama and LSU? :rofl:

You need to wake up dude.

And have some respect for other members. Why do you always try to start something trash?

Professor 01-18-2012 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by JS + MS3 (Post 13488662)
:rofl:

Dude, you are one of the dumbest fuckers on this forum, seriously.

Get off my nut on that fucking topic already dumbass.

You root for your team and I'll do the same for my team. Stop trying to act like an old dumbfuck like you always do.

:finger: and on the ignore list.

Professor 01-18-2012 05:17 AM

Damn... this thread just got a lot better after removing a 26 year old hairless cunt.

hornyleprechaun 01-18-2012 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by JS + MS3 (Post 13488666)
And if a member who root for Bama or LSU have your attitude, then it would make some sense actually.

But you are rooting for an average fucking university of south carolina. You think your team is something because it's in the same conference with Bama and LSU? :rofl:

You need to wake up dude.

And have some respect for other members. Why do you always try to start something trash?

Give him a break.. his school has only played in 6 bowl games in its entire history! When cock fans get a taste of success they don't know how to handle it.

cmschmie 01-18-2012 09:40 AM

I'll give the Gamecocks one more year above mediocrity. Lattimore will be leaving after this year, then they'll have to rely on their *cough* passing game *cough*

Also with Jeffry leaving for the draft, their passing attack will seriously drop in production.

JS + XES 01-18-2012 10:48 AM

I mean I respect them, really. I respect the SEC conference as a whole as well. I have absolutely no reason to hate on them.

Professor 01-18-2012 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by cmschmie (Post 13489144)
I'll give the Gamecocks one more year above mediocrity. Lattimore will be leaving after this year, then they'll have to rely on their *cough* passing game *cough*

Also with Jeffry leaving for the draft, their passing attack will seriously drop in production.

Pretty fair assessment, but because Latti only played half a season, everyone speculating that he will play next season and return for his junior year. Shaw has turned into a decent QB with his legs. But the defense is what gave Carolina 11 wins this year.

It will come down to UGA/SC for the East this coming year... LSU will be more of a beast in the West with Arky and Bama fighting for second place. :2cents:

Now does anyone want to dispute Carolina baseball? Back-to-Back NCAA Champs!

hornyleprechaun 01-18-2012 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Professor (Post 13489446)
Pretty fair assessment, but because Latti only played half a season, everyone speculating that he will play next season and return for his junior year. Shaw has turned into a decent QB with his legs. But the defense is what gave Carolina 11 wins this year.

It will come down to UGA/SC for the East this coming year... LSU will be more of a beast in the West with Arky and Bama fighting for second place. :2cents:

Now does anyone want to dispute Carolina baseball? Back-to-Back NCAA Champs!

lol at Arkansas being good next year. It will be bama/lsu fighting for 1st and then the other teams trying to have a winning record in the SEC.

Rockstar21 06-29-2012 08:28 AM

just wanted to share this picture here since we dont have a 2012 thread yet.

"Mike"
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...82018971_o.jpg

imj0257 07-25-2012 10:39 AM

probably a :ghey: tiger

1 month!

maxpsi 07-25-2012 08:32 PM

http://nbcsportsmedia.msnbc.com/j/MS...-story-612.jpg