AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues (https://acurazine.com/forums/sports-talk-fantasy-leagues-38/)
-   -   College Football: 2011 Season News and Discussion Thread (https://acurazine.com/forums/sports-talk-fantasy-leagues-38/college-football-2011-season-news-discussion-thread-831569/)

Fibonacci 11-28-2011 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by cmschmie (Post 13385700)
Urban Meyer announced as HC.

:wave: Welcome UM back to the best rivalry in sports: The Game

Time to renew The 10yr War with Hoke and Meyer! :wish:

1slo23 11-28-2011 07:07 PM

Well, I for one am pretty excited about Meyer being the new coach. I hope to see Miller as a better and more developed QB next season as well.

Dr. Colorado 11-28-2011 07:19 PM

Meyer is a douche, what little respect I had for him after he pulled a Brett Favre with the Gators was lost when he signed with OSU. 1 year out of the game and he's back already. His "health issues" sure seem suspect.

Whatever, Wolverines won The Game this past weekend, that's what matters. Meyer isn't going to be putting on a helmet and pads next year at the Horseshoe.

1slo23 11-28-2011 07:25 PM

I was just happy they only won a TD. After last weeks Nebraska blowout, I thought it would be way worse.

Dr. Colorado 11-28-2011 07:35 PM

Miller is a stud, he has a lot of upside. If OSU can develop some quality receivers and a stud tailback they will be in business barring future NCAA sanctions. Even in that case, doesn't seem to be hurting Southern California short of them not competing in the PAC-12 championship or bowl game.

JS + XES 11-28-2011 07:49 PM

So, is UM going to get some free tattoos or what?

JS + XES 11-28-2011 07:50 PM

rickkkkkkkkk, do you think Barkley's going to come back for his senior year? :O

Dr. Colorado 11-28-2011 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by JS + MS3 (Post 13389831)
So, is UM going to get some free tattoos or what?

LMAO Michigan players usually stay clean. Of course, when your coach is Bo, Carr, or Rodriguez, chances are the program is run with an iron fist.

Originally Posted by JS + MS3 (Post 13389834)
rickkkkkkkkk, do you think Barkley's going to come back for his senior year? :O

Barkley is going to be a Seattle Seahawk with the #2 draft pick next year:sorry: I bank on him going after Luck and ahead of Blackmon, Griffin, and Landry.

gatrhumpy 11-28-2011 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Professor (Post 13389510)
Fucking Meyer... I would never leave a premier SEC team for Ohio State. I'm waiting for some former Florida players to come forward with sexual abuse allegations.

I appreciate what Meyer did for UF.

With that being said, I hope he has a heart attack.

Doom878 11-29-2011 07:46 AM

Wow I wonder who's hated more. Paterno, Meyer, or Saban. I know a lot of Fins fans still hate him for bailing.

Rockstar21 11-29-2011 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Doom878 (Post 13390553)
Saban. I know a lot of Tiger fans still hate him for bailing.

fixed

Professor 11-29-2011 06:14 PM

Really why does the NCAA get upset for a player selling a jersey for a grand, and a coach says he wants to spend more time with his family UNTIL THERE'S a $24M offer 6 months later?

hornyleprechaun 11-29-2011 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Professor (Post 13391965)
Really why does the NCAA get upset for a player selling a jersey for a grand, and a coach says he wants to spend more time with his family UNTIL THERE'S a $24M offer 6 months later?

players = amateurs

coaches = professionals

cmschmie 11-30-2011 01:19 AM

I keep reading that even if LSU loses to Georgia, they won't drop far enough in the polls to be left out of the NC game.

But can you really say that if it's a rematch of Bama vs LSU that the two best teams in the nation are playing for the title? Neither one won their conference.
And then what happens to Georgia? When was the last time an SEC champion has not played for the title?

If LSU loses and Oklahoma State wins out, either LSU or Alabama will be left out. :2cents:

CocheseUGA 11-30-2011 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by cmschmie (Post 13392678)
I keep reading that even if LSU loses to Georgia, they won't drop far enough in the polls to be left out of the NC game.

But can you really say that if it's a rematch of Bama vs LSU that the two best teams in the nation are playing for the title? Neither one won their conference.
And then what happens to Georgia? When was the last time an SEC champion has not played for the title?

If LSU loses and Oklahoma State wins out, either LSU or Alabama will be left out. :2cents:

0.0.0% chance LSU would be left out. Best resume in the country, and it's not even close. Alabama you could make a case for, but they still only lost to the only better team in the country.

Georgia? We'd be perfectly happy with the end result. 'Look at the sugar falling out of the sky!'

Rockstar21 11-30-2011 09:58 AM

Auburn had a Perfect season and SEC CC in 2004 and got denied a bid to the NC game.

not long ago!

JS + XES 11-30-2011 11:06 AM

The Rematch is on no matter what happens this weekend.

CocheseUGA 11-30-2011 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by JS + MS3 (Post 13393116)

The only, ONLY way I see OSU sneaking in is if they obliterate Oklahoma and Georgia obliterates LSU.

But I can't imagine either one happening, much less both. Georgia is probably going to lose, and OSU might as well.

Rockstar21 11-30-2011 12:38 PM

good luck btw.. you guys really turned it around after those early losses.

Dr. Colorado 11-30-2011 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by JS + MS3 (Post 13393116)

:yes: OSU lost to an inferior team compared to the Tide.

I'm content that the Cardinal are ranked ahead of VaTech, this wasn't the case the week prior.

20.5 point spread for the Ducks this Friday. OU-USC would be a much more intriguing matchup for the inaugural PAC-12 CC.

Golic bet on beating the spread against Greenberg LOL.

CocheseUGA 11-30-2011 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rockstar21 (Post 13393308)
good luck btw.. you guys really turned it around after those early losses.

Thanks. Same to your Tigers, hope we have an entertaining game with no injuries.

And thanks to Horny for the nice words about Munson. It was like a million people lost the same grandpa.

imj0257 11-30-2011 01:13 PM

:gheyhug: How bout A&M they really turned it arou... I mean fucked up this year. :whyme:

invisiblewar 11-30-2011 01:28 PM

Is it offseason yet :whyme:

oo7spy 11-30-2011 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by imj0257 (Post 13393397)
:gheyhug: How bout A&M they really turned it arou... I mean fucked up this year. :whyme:

SHHHH!!! No more reminders! Just let us fade into oblivion. Here's to hoping we DON'T get the Texas or Pinstripe bowl so we can have a happy holiday. :whyme:

Oh man, the SEC is going to be rough sailing...

Dr. Colorado 11-30-2011 02:08 PM

At this point, Sherman has to go. Mike Leach anyone?

Rockstar21 11-30-2011 02:10 PM

and you're joining the SEC division with the teams that were ranked #1,2, and 3 last friday. :tomato:

CocheseUGA 11-30-2011 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by surfer rick (Post 13393558)

Hired at WSU.

Dr. Colorado 11-30-2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by CocheseUGA (Post 13393573)
Hired at WSU.

Dizzam, Wulff was just let go!

CocheseUGA 11-30-2011 02:18 PM

That's the scuttlebutt, anyway.

And Chester McGlocklon died. Assistant at Stanford.

Dr. Colorado 11-30-2011 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by CocheseUGA (Post 13393584)
That's the scuttlebutt, anyway.

And Chester McGlocklon died. Assistant at Stanford.

I heard. RIP. Dude was a baller for Da Raiders.

JS + XES 11-30-2011 03:16 PM

ONE MORE YEAR BARKLEY!!!!!!! m

:D

oo7spy 11-30-2011 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by surfer rick (Post 13393558)

Aggies despise TTU too much to take him if he were available.

I respect UT as an opponent and rival. I have no respect for TTU. Well, maybe their tornado engineering program. MAYBE.

Dr. Colorado 11-30-2011 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by oo7spy (Post 13393818)
Aggies despise TTU too much to take him if he were available.

I respect UT as an opponent and rival. I have no respect for TTU. Well, maybe their tornado engineering program. MAYBE.

Who else would you have in mind? I can understand the contentious relationship between Tech and A&M but then again Saban went from LSU to Bama. I can't think of any great available college coaches off hand now that Meyer and Rodriguez are off the market.

oo7spy 11-30-2011 04:44 PM

Well, we will see by mid January who COULD have been available, but I will be surprised if Byrne doesn't take a weekend to find an Ol' Ag' with some tie to the program from God knows when. I hope he doesn't, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, Leach isn't a good enough coach to justify jumping strained ties. Saban's record is undeniable. Leach never won a championship, and never put a quarterback into the NFL even though their numbers were extraordinary.

(Please correct me if he did put a QB in the NFL.) EDIT: Cliff Kingsburry played, but never did anything.

Right now, I don't have a replacement suggestion, but ND proved last year a coach doesn't have to be unemployed or coaching a bad team to be procured.

CocheseUGA 11-30-2011 05:43 PM

Kubiak could be a possibility when the Houston job doesn't work out.

JS + XES 11-30-2011 07:56 PM

Good for Washington State. I wish them the best of luck in the future.

invisiblewar 11-30-2011 08:55 PM

Good hire, gona be nice to see ASU and WSU not be the bottom feeders for once. Lots of open positions this year. UCLA/UNC/KU/Ole Miss/PSU and a few possible others like TAMU/ Miss state(mullen is looking like a front runner for the PSU job) and such

CocheseUGA 12-01-2011 07:34 AM

Mullen came out strong yesterday against the PSU rumor.

oo7spy 12-01-2011 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by CocheseUGA (Post 13393962)
Kubiak could be a possibility when the Houston job doesn't work out.

I am on the fence about NFL coaches. Good NFL coaches are usually moderators tasked with keeping everyone's ego moving in the same direction. NCAA coaches have to be good motivators to inspire their young athletes to excel. I don't watch enough Texan games to know Kubiak's demeanor. The thing I want the most is a coach with some passion. Sherman's greatest asset is his recruiting ability because of his NFL track record. However, he and Franchione never had any passion. There was no yelling, no disgust, no motivation to get fired up. When a 3rd and 8 option to the short side didn't work for Franchione or a 3rd a 1 QB sneak didn't work for Sherman, both coaches seemed like they were indifferent. Almost like, "Oh well, we'll just punt and play field position with our D." NO YOU WON'T!!! YOUR D IS HORRIBLE!!! JUMP UP AND DOWN! SCREAM A LITTLE! FIRE YOUR LINE UP, SEND THEM OUT FOR 4TH DOWN AND SHOVE IT DOWN THE OTHER TEAM'S THROAT!!! :rant:

I had a HS BBall coach who blew his knee out stomping on the floor. That was his favorite in-game motivator. Jump straight up and slam your dress shoes on the hardwood as hard as you can while screaming at the top of your lungs. That got kids moving; that's for damn sure.

dallison 12-01-2011 11:27 AM

Are we setting up a fantasy bowl this year?