Update on Switchblade Keys...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fant0m_TL
i brought my unmilled/modded key to my acura and they said NO WAY! they told me acura will never do this for people.... I have an unmilled/modded key, do you still do the trades if I buy from you?
You can order a key from me and I will credit you $25.00 if you send me a good unmodded '07 key.

email me at kratschp@yahoo.com for details.

Pete
Old 05-27-2007, 03:19 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverStoneTTL
So I went to Curry Acura where a few other people have gone apparently but now they're saying that cutting these keys caused their machine to break and that they wouldn't cut mine.

They all seemed to know about it as if a few others had gone with them. Also, went to my local Honda and they said they couldn't cut it...

So now I'm looking again or I may just sell the key.
try the locksmith at the corner of rt 45 and 202 in rockland if you just need it cut.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:49 PM
03' NBP TL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i haven't been following along on this topic much, so i must ask..

will this work on a 03 TL-S?
Old 05-31-2007, 06:25 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Leo Type-S
i haven't been following along on this topic much, so i must ask..

will this work on a 03 TL-S?
the key will work but not the wireless circuitry.
unless you replace the remote entry module with the 04 + module ($30-40)
but all the Acura mechanics I spoke to said that those modules aren't plug and play
Old 06-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Computer Enthusiast/Gamer

will this work with my 97 Acura CL 3.0?
Old 06-03-2007, 08:54 PM
3rd Gear

Is this still an option - Still making the keys?
Old 06-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Boy Genius

Just ordered a Mem1 key based on all the good things I've heard!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:35 PM
Intermediate

I would love to get this mod but my dealer seems to have no idea what to do. After reading in here that this can be done at a local locksmith with proper equipment. . .does anyone know any locksmiths in the Cleveland, OH area? Thanks
Old 06-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Intermediate

Also, I have contaced my sales rep from Acura and this was his response

"The answer is yes it can be done, they are looking into how to swap the keys, the configurations are different. I'll give you an update ASAP."

How should I respond?
Old 06-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Intermediate

Hey Pete, and Hello everyone else! Hope Everybody is well!

Pete-

Wanted to place an order for a switchblade key for my 06 TSX and have emailed you at your Yahoo address. Haven't heard anything as of yet, and it appears from other friends that they haven't received messages from me either. I wonder if my email is acting up? Anyhow, my email address is iamcrazyi@yahoo.com. Can you please try to contact me there and let me know if you have a key available for purchase? If by chance my emails did go through, there are a couple of questions that I wrote you about....maybe you can answer them when you respond? If you didn't get my email, let me know so that I may ask the questions again! This is a great mod...really excited to work with you on this!

Have a great night and look forward to hearing from you!

Mike

Reno, Nevada
Old 06-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Intermediate

GTA in Canada Locksmiths?

In the old TL switchblade forum there was somebody with a TL from Windsor who posted saying they got their TL key cut at a mall in Mississauga, Erin Mills I believe? If you read this can you PM me which store you got it done by, cost, etc?

Or if there are any other GTA Canadians who got the key successfully cut can you chime in?

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Stuck in Kalifornistan

Pete-
PM sent
Old 06-06-2007, 09:23 AM
10th Gear

Hi, is this sill going on?
Old 06-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by nhokt
Hi, is this sill going on?
YES!!!! I'm still making keys and taking orders.

email me if you're interested.

My email is kratschp@yahoo.com

-----

Prices are:

$95.00 for a Mem1 key

$135 for a Mem2 Key (Acura charges more thus the increased price)

You can order keys via paypal.

My paypal email is kratschp@yahoo.com

When you paypal me please include a note like...
"This is for one mem1 key for John Smith"
Also, Please make sure that you have selected or input a "Ship To" address.

I will email you a confirmation along with instructions for you and the locksmith once your order has been shipped.

I usually have keys in stock I will ship the same day if ordered before 5pm EST.

USPS 1st class shipping is included for up to 4 keys to the US.

Please add $20.00 for shipments to Canada.

...all prices listed are in US Dollars.

Once you receive the key/s you need to get a locksmith or dealer to cut the key and program the immobilizer chip.
The remote you can program yourself with the supplied instructions.

You can expect to pay between $50.00 & $100.00 to get the key cut and the immobilizer programmed.
On the average you can figure on $55.00 for the locksmith + $95.00 for the key which totals out to roughly $140.00.

The key works with Acura TLs ('04-'06) and TSX's ('04-'07).
If you have a TSX built prior to 2006 ('04-'05) which does not have the driver 1 and 2 memory settings...
you need only purchase a Mem1 switchblade key and disable the memory function for it to work.

You can have a maximum of 4 keys and 3 remotes programmed to work with your car (TLs and TSXs)
and they can be in any combination.

Thanks,

Pete
Old 06-08-2007, 08:03 PM
3rd Gear

Indeed-

Got my key today and everyone at the dealer was confused. They cut the key for me for free and sent me over to the tech guys to "attempt" to program the chip. They said it couldn't be done SO I made a bet.... I said if it doesn't work then I will pay you for your time (it was $55 to do this step) but if it does work then I get it for free- HA HA it totally worked so I got the cut and program for free from a dealer! They all were very impressed with the key while being confused and doubtful all at the same time. I was able to program the locks/unlock and trunk for the switchblade only- the other two remotes don't work and I have tried about 10 times to get all of them paired with no success so right now I am running off just this new switchblade until I can get it right. Any hints as to what I am doing wrong? I keep setting the alarm off and probably annoying my neighbors but whatever.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:07 AM
1st Gear

First post here- I was wondering if there is anybody here from the LA/OC area that has taken their keys to the acura dealer to be cut and immobilizer programmed? If so, which dealership and how much did you guys pay? Thanks!
Old 06-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Intermediate

Pete- Got the key you sent REALLY Quick! 3 days from Florida to Nevada from the day I ordered it! It really looks great in person, what an awesome product! As soon as I can find somebody in Northern California who will cut and program it, I plan to get it up and running! Thanks again....I definitely recommend anyone reading this to do business with Pete! He's the man!!

Always,

Mike
Old 06-15-2007, 10:06 AM
B A N N E D

This looks like a very cool mod. Considering!
Old 06-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Q THE GURU
Indeed-

Got my key today and everyone at the dealer was confused. They cut the key for me for free and sent me over to the tech guys to "attempt" to program the chip. They said it couldn't be done SO I made a bet.... I said if it doesn't work then I will pay you for your time (it was $55 to do this step) but if it does work then I get it for free- HA HA it totally worked so I got the cut and program for free from a dealer! They all were very impressed with the key while being confused and doubtful all at the same time. I was able to program the locks/unlock and trunk for the switchblade only- the other two remotes don't work and I have tried about 10 times to get all of them paired with no success so right now I am running off just this new switchblade until I can get it right. Any hints as to what I am doing wrong? I keep setting the alarm off and probably annoying my neighbors but whatever.
Cool story Q. What was the dealership. I'll add then to my list of dealers.

Q... When you program the remotes... you program only one of your remotes then add the remaining remotes by pressing the unlock button on each of the remaining remotes. The ignition key should still be in the on position at this point.
You should hear the lock actuating for each remote that you add. After you've added the last one. Turn the key off and press unlock on the remote that you programmed to store all of the remotes. All of the remotes should work after that.

Pete
Old 06-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Advanced

I just recently purchased a used 2005 TL and the dealer only gave me a mem1 key. Does that mean that I will need to order a mem2 key in order to use both, or can I just order another mem1 key and have my current mem1 key become a back up? I am very interested in ordering this nice little piece
Old 06-16-2007, 01:53 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Spikedlee
I just recently purchased a used 2005 TL and the dealer only gave me a mem1 key. Does that mean that I will need to order a mem2 key in order to use both, or can I just order another mem1 key and have my current mem1 key become a back up? I am very interested in ordering this nice little piece
you can just get another mem 1 switchblade and use your old one as a spare
Old 06-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Advanced

Excellence. Pete, I want one of these!
Old 06-16-2007, 08:30 AM
Advanced

E-mailed you
Old 06-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Advanced

PayPaled you Pete! Thanks for the quick e-mail response
Old 06-18-2007, 07:35 PM
1st Gear

I got my key! It looks awesome! Thank you Pete!
Old 06-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Intermediate

Placed order Pete, can't wait to receive my key!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:48 PM
1st Gear

I talked to South Coast Acura in Costa Mesa, CA and they want to charge $50 to cut the key and $97 to program it. I also talked to Eddie in parts from Power Acura South Bay in Torrance and he said that they will cut the key for free (you have to show proof that it's your car by supplying the registration of the vehicle), but the service dept charges $101 for programming. I called Tustin Acura too and they wanted $60 for cut AND program together. Cerritos Acura wanted to charge the same as South Coast. Anyhow, that was just a little info for everyone out there still wanting to do this mod in the LA/OC area.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Advanced

Got my key today too Pete! Thanks for the fast shipping and up to date notification on everything. The dealer I called was asking me about the key because the parts guy wanted one real bad too so expect another order coming soon after I have him cut and program mine!
Old 06-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by KnightRyderTSX
I talked to South Coast Acura in Costa Mesa, CA and they want to charge $50 to cut the key and $97 to program it. I also talked to Eddie in parts from Power Acura South Bay in Torrance and he said that they will cut the key for free (you have to show proof that it's your car by supplying the registration of the vehicle), but the service dept charges $101 for programming. I called Tustin Acura too and they wanted $60 for cut AND program together. Cerritos Acura wanted to charge the same as South Coast. Anyhow, that was just a little info for everyone out there still wanting to do this mod in the LA/OC area.
Tustin Acura is the place to go. People have had it done for 52.50. I think I paid 55.00 for mine. That's way cheaper than any other dealer I contacted in the area.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Advanced

Paid 63 for mine today...works perfectly! Pete, you should add Libertyville Acura to your list of Illinois places who will cut and program the key!
Old 06-22-2007, 08:57 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by mikeucla
Tustin Acura is the place to go. People have had it done for 52.50. I think I paid 55.00 for mine. That's way cheaper than any other dealer I contacted in the area.
Hey there Mike! Thanks for the heads up man. I read your post in the previous pages and it seems that Tustin Acura would be the only place that wouldn't rip you off. Was there anyone that you dealt with over at that dealership? Some of the ones I mentioned wanted to charge more when they found out that it was a TL key for the tsx. Scumbags.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Instructor

Another satisfied customer...

Just wanted to post that Pete's key worked great. I got the key cut at a Master Lock and Key in Denver. They are listed with the Better Business Bureau. They did a good job on the key cut, but for some reason after they cut the key they suddenly got cold feet about programming the immoblizer chips, although over the phone they stated it would be no problem to program for an 05 Acura TL. The only charge $1 to cut the key so it balances out. I guess they normally only charge $1 to key the key if you bring your own key.

She ended up taking the car to Mile High Acura in Denver, CO. She called that same day and they stated that they could squeeze it in last minute without a problem. The charged $50 to reprogram all of the immobilize chips in all of my keys to the car; including Pete's switchblade key. They even programmed all of the key fobs to lock, unlock, etc.; saving my the need to do it at home. Overall, it was a painless process.

Total cost: $146 ($95 for the key, $1 for the key cut and $50 to program the immobilizer chip). Definitely worth it to me. The main reason I went with this key is becuase carrying the old igition key and fob was difficult during my races (I run a lot). The compact switchblade key fits perfectly in the internal pocket stitched into my running short; but I digress.

Excellent product Pete (aka FLBUSA)! I give it !
Old 06-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Spikedlee
Paid 63 for mine today...works perfectly! Pete, you should add Libertyville Acura to your list of Illinois places who will cut and program the key!
I will...

Thanks
Old 06-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Cruisin'

My key was cut and programed by Goodson Acura in Irving, Tx I do not have a price since they did it for me as a favor but they had no problem getting it done.

Thanks for the great product I really enjoy having this key.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Instructor

New way to order keys!!!

Hey everyone...

I just wanted to let everyone know that I now have a link on my web page for ordering keys. I think this will make ordering them easier and even though it's through paypal... you don't need a paypal account anymore to pay for keys.

Just go to...

http://www.flbusa.com

and click on the switchblade key link.

You don't need to email me if you don't want to but if you do...
that's perfectly fine and I'll send you a link.

Thanks again to everyone that bought a key from and thanks in advance to those that haven't yet.

Pete
Old 06-25-2007, 06:14 PM

Smile

Hi pete, i bought the key from ebay and it hasn't been milled down. Could you do that for me? i am located in so.cal.Thanks.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by fredy_chang
Hi pete, i bought the key from ebay and it hasn't been milled down. Could you do that for me? i am located in so.cal.Thanks.
Sorry Fredy... I don't do the individual milling of the keys any more.
I have a guy that does a run for me every few weeks and I keep them in stock.

You can buy one from me and if you send me your unmachined key I will credit you $25.00.

email me kratschp@yahoo.com and we can work something out.

Pete
Old 06-25-2007, 11:16 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Has anybody successfully gotten their switchblade keys cut and programmed in the DC/VA/MD area?
Old 06-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by tsxinva
Has anybody successfully gotten their switchblade keys cut and programmed in the DC/VA/MD area?
i dunno but if so, im down to get a switchblade key asap, for my 2003 cls
Old 06-27-2007, 10:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by i3aog
i dunno but if so, im down to get a switchblade key asap, for my 2003 cls
Sorry... It won't work on a 2003 anything.
04-06 TLs and 04-07 TSXs only.

Quick Reply: Update on Switchblade Keys...