A-SPEC kit GROUP BUY. UNDER $750 shipped!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by Coins
Bruce did an amazing wiring job on my accord fogs! He basically made them plug-n-play and took little effort to wire them up! He answered all my questions very quickly.

Again, appreciate it Bruce for the group buy and the fogs
Your welcome.

Also anyone who wants to moderate this (only need one person to collect all info) will get the kit for $700 shipped...
Old 06-14-2012, 09:58 AM
#truuuuu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AckTL05
Your welcome.

Also anyone who wants to moderate this (only need one person to collect all info) will get the kit for $700 shipped...
I'm down to moderate this!

lets get the list started

1. Thino - 2008 TL-S - Alabaster Silver Metallic- ASPEC - USA
Old 06-14-2012, 10:20 AM
4th Gear

How much are the fogs with the plug and play?

Thanks

If someone wants to moderate this like coins did and other members by collecting 10+ people's pay pal addresses and info then send it to me at once there can be another gb.

I will start the list:

Name-car (color-year-style-choice of kit)- USA or Canada

Add the window visors for $140 and accord fog light kits just let me know before I send it in. Accord kits is my personal business so they can be ordered anytime. I can also wire them for a simple plug and play switch as I did for coins.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Has anyone received their kit yet from the May group buy?
Old 06-15-2012, 12:23 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If someone wants to moderate this like coins did and other members by collecting 10+ people's pay pal addresses and info then send it to me at once there can be another gb.

I will start the list:

Name-car (color-year-style-choice of kit)- USA or Canada

Add the window visors for $140 and accord fog light kits just let me know before I send it in. Accord kits is my personal business so they can be ordered anytime. I can also wire them for a simple plug and play switch as I did for coins.
simran4h - 2007 TL-S - Alabaster Silver Metallic- ASPEC - USA
Old 06-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Duronn - 2004 TL Base - AM- ASPEC - USA
Old 06-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Thino : I'm down to moderate this!

lets get the list started: (I will post up the colors still available as most are becoming discontinued but its in a few pages back..)

From what I can remember right now being discontinued:

CBP base 07-08
ABP side skirts
RRP rear
DGP full kit

2. simran4h - 2007 TL-S - Alabaster Silver Metallic- ASPEC - USA
3. Duronn - 2004 TL Base - AM- ASPEC - USA
The following 2 users liked this post by AckTL05:
Healingduck (06-18-2012), thino (06-19-2012)
Old 06-19-2012, 08:21 AM
#truuuuu

Thino : I'm down to moderate this!

lets get the list started: (I will post up the colors still available as most are becoming discontinued but its in a few pages back..)

From what I can remember right now being discontinued:

CBP base 07-08
ABP side skirts
RRP rear
DGP full kit

thank you! lets get this thread in our sigs!
Old 06-19-2012, 04:25 PM
4th Gear

Finally received my kit and visors.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:44 PM
Banned

Very nice
I will be also putting it on soon,
Plan to get the Type-s tails and rear deck lip spoiler as well haha.

I'm considering the sun visors, how much would they cost?
Old 06-21-2012, 12:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by thino
thank you! lets get this thread in our sigs!
Hey. Please change the sig to $720. Only one person gets it for $700 which is the one who collects all information for me and sends me the list/answers all questions on this thread and such.

Also I hate to be the bearer or bad news but the ASM TYPE-S front and rear are discontinued..We can get you another color, but the side skirts are still available..
Old 06-21-2012, 08:24 AM
#truuuuu

Hey. Please change the sig to $720. Only one person gets it for $700 which is the one who collects all information for me and sends me the list/answers all questions on this thread and such.

Also I hate to be the bearer or bad news but the ASM TYPE-S front and rear are discontinued..We can get you another color, but the side skirts are still available..
damn serious? i heard the rear was discontinued. but i didnt know the front.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:51 AM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
You can go ahead and take me off the list. I went ahead & already ordered the kit & paid extra. Who knows how long it will take before we get 10+ people to buy a full ASPEC kit
Old 06-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts
Put me on the list for now. I can wait for it as I have other things to buy first

4. Shoeface - 2005 TL Base - NBP - ASPEC (base) - USA
Old 06-23-2012, 12:34 AM
10th Gear

Anyone running this lip kit on a TL s has any pics of it cause I'm interested.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Banned

^
It's the same OEM Aspec kit everyone else has.
Just google "Type -s aspec kit"
Old 06-23-2012, 06:27 PM
10th Gear

ok put me down for a KBP 08 TL-S
Old 06-25-2012, 12:07 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i barely got around to installing my kit, starting with the side skirts (because they are the easiest). i have noticed that there are some issues with the kit. it almost seems as if the kit is B stock. after finishing the install i decided it would be smart to check the rest of the kit before continuing.

the side skirts use 3 push pins (per side) that connect it to the bottom of the car, but my passenger side is missing the tab for the center push pin, its completely gone as if it was cut off during manufacturing. there is also a small scuff on the rear side skirt panel as well. i noticed some of the 3m red protective layer was peeling off, or missing in one section, not a huge deal since i ordered extra for this install.

i am also missing A LOT of parts.

Missing Side Skirt Parts (from the list on instructions):
2 Clips (that connect the front and rear skirt together)
18 rubber spacers (i figured reusing the old ones couldnt hurt.

missing Front parts:
both templates (a or b)
left cover
right cover
short clips
1 spring nut
the left and right brackets are not the ones shown in the instructions (included only have 3 holes and are shaped different, ones in instructions have 4 holes and are different)

the rear has all included parts, but i noticed there are marks on it that look painted over, again i am not sure if this is normal?

side notes: the rear parts came in bag labeled EP3, and all parts are included and correct. the front parts came in a bag labeled PA1, there are many missing parts, as well as parts that are not on the instructions. i think i was shipped the wrong part bag.

i just wanted to throw this out there in case you havent checked for all parts and were thinking of starting the install soon. might be good to double check.

how do i get these missing parts?

on another note, the install of the side skirts went pretty well, besides breaking 1 of the 18 clips that hold it against the car. the first side took me a while, but the 2nd side i did in 15 minutes.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by carlosriosness
i barely got around to installing my kit, starting with the side skirts (because they are the easiest). i have noticed that there are some issues with the kit. it almost seems as if the kit is B stock. after finishing the install i decided it would be smart to check the rest of the kit before continuing.

the side skirts use 3 push pins (per side) that connect it to the bottom of the car, but my passenger side is missing the tab for the center push pin, its completely gone as if it was cut off during manufacturing. there is also a small scuff on the rear side skirt panel as well. i noticed some of the 3m red protective layer was peeling off, or missing in one section, not a huge deal since i ordered extra for this install.

missing Front parts:
both templates (a or b)
left cover
right cover
short clips
1 spring nut
the left and right brackets are not the ones shown in the instructions (included only have 3 holes and are shaped different, ones in instructions have 4 holes and are different)

the rear has all included parts, but i noticed there are marks on it that look painted over, again i am not sure if this is normal?

side notes: the rear parts came in bag labeled EP3, and all parts are included and correct. the front parts came in a bag labeled PA1, there are many missing parts, as well as parts that are not on the instructions. i think i was shipped the wrong part bag.

i just wanted to throw this out there in case you havent checked for all parts and were thinking of starting the install soon. might be good to double check.

on another note, the install of the side skirts went pretty well, besides breaking 1 of the 18 clips that hold it against the car. the first side took me a while, but the 2nd side i did in 15 minutes.

It seems as if you got the wrong year instructions..these don't go out with the kits but sometimes they print them out and send with the kits. All the parts missing aren't needed for the 04-06 as you don't have to drill in the front bracket and small clips for the front aren't given either as they should be longer from when you ad the A-spec lip the clip could be replaced with a longer one if needed. The front A-spec actually reuses all nuts and bolts as well as the back does too.

The 07-08 is where you need a template for drilling and extra pieces..

Side skirts you reuse everything as well, the extra rubber pieces should be included all thought they aren't absolutely needed for reinstall. Check the sides of the cardboard, on the piece the side skirts come in or anywhere.

These aren't B parts, they are directly from ACURA warehouse and sold by an ACURA dealer.. Im sorry this happened but if you can call up the dealer and hit 3 for parts and anyone can help you get the right instructions or get you the pieces missing. This is the first time I ever heard of this out of the 100+ kits sold on this thread alone in the last 3 months.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:02 AM
Advanced

i am 100% sure i have the wrong parts and i am missing parts. i have a 2006, and the instructions included are for a 2006. but the parts i received are for a 2007. i just downloaded the instructions for the 2007 and i have all the parts for that install. though i am 99% sure that the front lip is for the 06, it sits on it flush and curves to the bumper grills.

if you would like i can take a photo of the parts so you can check the instructions for the 06 and 07 to see that they are definitely for the 07.

i wanted to confirm this before calling, but i will call tomorrow to get the parts i need shipped out ASAP.

thank you for your help.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Advanced

Is there a deal like this or the 2g rl? Cuz I'll throw down
Old 06-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
3. Shoeface - 2005 TL Base - NBP - ASPEC (base) - USA
4. 1baddTLtype-S - 2008 TL-S - KBP - full kit - USA
5. AcuraCake - 2004 TL - Satin Silver Metallic - USA
Old 06-27-2012, 03:25 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by carlosriosness

missing Front parts:
both templates (a or b)
left cover
right cover
short clips
1 spring nut

I thought i was missing the 18 rubber spacers as well, but ended up finding them taped at the end of the install on a random part of the cardboard. I was also missing a couple clips that the instruction told me i needed, but i had extra's in the garage.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:31 AM
4th Gear

It seems as if you got the wrong year instructions..these don't go out with the kits but sometimes they print them out and send with the kits. All the parts missing aren't needed for the 04-06 as you don't have to drill in the front bracket and small clips for the front aren't given either as they should be longer from when you ad the A-spec lip the clip could be replaced with a longer one if needed. The front A-spec actually reuses all nuts and bolts as well as the back does too.

The 07-08 is where you need a template for drilling and extra pieces..

I have a 2004 and the template (included with my kit) was actually needed and drilling was required for the front. That's what it said in the instructions in the box.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:57 AM
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi, Is it still +$50 to ship to Canada?
Old 07-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 97 Posts
Count me in.

6. Splew- 2006 TL- White Diamond Pearl- ASPEC base (full kit) - USA
Old 07-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Hey guys/girls - new member here. I just got my ASM 2008 TL-S a few hours ago and just found this thread. I would be definitely be in for a full A-Spec kit if 2/3's of it wasn't discontinued in ASM.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:07 PM
9th Gear

Have to get both fronts and rears paint but still way cheaper. I'm in.

Thanks!

7. ahuiTLS - 2008 TL-S - Alabaster Silver Metallic - Canada
Old 07-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Instructor

I'm in. I'm loving this car already so....

8. Jon2000 - 2008 TL-S - Alabaster Silver Metallic - USA
Old 07-08-2012, 02:49 AM
Intermediate

Please let me know if this deal is still alive and if I can get a 2008 TL type S A-spec kit in Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP) shipped to Canada for the additional $50? I would like to make this purchase ASAP if possible and would like to know who to contact and where to send the funds.

Can this kit be mixed ad matched where I can get the Type S A-spec front, base A-spec sides and rear?

If not I can live with a full type S A-spec kt for my TL.

Eagerly waiting
Old 07-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Instructor

hmmm ...if shipping is only an extra $50 to Canada and covers taxes and duties then I definitely want my kit shipped here (Niagara Falls). I was going to have mine shipped the USA and drive it back across the border myself. We're almost there!!

I'll update my line:

8. Jon2000 - 2008 TL-S - Alabaster Silver Metallic - Canada
Old 07-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Intermediate

Someone please add me in for a kit as well and let's get this rolling.
I'm going with Type S A-spec front with base aspec sides & rear.

Decided not to do the TL-S A-spec due to req'd bumper trimming.
I personally think if its the real kit from Honda then it will be shipped to our closest dealership in Canada using Honda's internal shipping for us to pick up.

Here's my info:

xavier_247 - 2008 TL-S Front & 2008 Base sides and rear - NightHawk Black - Canada
Old 07-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Intermediate

8. Jon2000 - 2008 TL-S - Alabaster Silver Metallic - Canada
9. xavier_247 - TL-S Aspec Front & Base Aspec Sides & Rear - NightHawk Black (B92P) - Canada
Old 07-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Former Sponsor

If someone can collect all 10 pay pal addresses, I will send them in. This person who collects all information, sends it to me will get there kit shipped for $700 + $50 to CANADA.

Please be advised of what colors are unavailable..

CBP base 07-08 front and rear
ABP side skirts
RRP rear
DGP full kit
ASM front and rear S or base..
Red rear TYPE-S
Red 07-08 side skirts.

We can mix and match the kits for you for the same price for those whose colors are unavailable and need to get them painted. These kits don't come unpainted.

for $140 exta we can throw in window visors
for $205 extra we can throw in TYPE-S tail lights
for $310 extra we can throw in TYPE-S tail lights and rear side markers
Old 07-09-2012, 03:25 AM
9th Gear

Seems I have reached my quota for messaging. Can Thino or whomever is collecting the information please send me an email aldenhui@gmail.com. I can then send you all my information and get this order in.

Cheers!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:15 PM
#truuuuu

is everyone aware that the ASM is discontinued?
Old 07-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by thino
is everyone aware that the ASM is discontinued?
I am aware but thanks for clarifying. I'll have to get the white front/back or some other color and get them painted unless the dealer has a good hookup and get a discount on getting all the silver kits painted at once.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
5. Splew- 2006 TL- White Diamond Pearl- ASPEC base (full kit) - USA
6. ahuiTLS - 2008 TL-S - Alabaster Silver Metallic - Canada
7. Jon2000 - 2008 TL-S - Alabaster Silver Metallic - Canada
8. xavier_247 - TL-S Aspec Front & Base Aspec Sides & Rear - NightHawk Black (B92P) - Canada

I'm out.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Intermediate

NP I will collect the Paypal information if not started.
Please send me a personal email to my at xavier_247@hotmail.com asap if possible.

I will also try to message everyone on the list to remind them.
It looks like we have enough for this buy for maximum discount.

Please ensure to include all your detail just in case its required later on where time is not compromised circling back for follow up.

Are we safe with the 8 buyers now or are we keeping this list running for a few more days? I know everyone is eager including myself and want to push forward a soon as possible.

Please let me know what the consensus is at this point before we lose additional folks due to idle time.

I will not be responsible for folks who are doing the mix n match kits like myself so please ensure to state specifically to AcKTL05 when responding to your invoices the all the details to avoid an unwanted mix up.

Last edited by xavier_247; 07-09-2012 at 11:46 PM. Reason: additional details
Old 07-10-2012, 09:15 AM
9th Gear

Sorry due to a situation I'm out.

Quick Reply: A-SPEC kit GROUP BUY. UNDER $750 shipped!!