Southeast Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina & Tennessee

Southeast Acurazine Meet: Saturday, October 1st - Charlotte, NC

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 02:07 AM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,450 Likes on 4,972 Posts
Originally Posted by antonio3rd
bro im guessing you are new to the acura scene?
Reread that user name again

But yea, most Acuras are American made.
The following users liked this post:
MissAlyyTL (03-17-2012)
Old 03-17-2012, 02:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts
Lol thnx @civic... I was ab to say I've never been called bro in my life :/ lol.... most are, but not all. Same with honda buddy, some are here & some are there, depending on the model. And yes, I am no expert in the area but I am somewhat educated in global commerce. USUALLY (I say usually bc i haven't done the research on the honda corp and by no means am I one to say I know something when i don't).. USUALLY the plants here are just assembly factories. The parts still come from overseas. It is cheaper and easier to ship over mass amounts of disassembled parts instead of fully built cars, which have a higher risk of being damaged, so its a loss prevention issue. Also, in attempts to appeal to the Buy American population. Made in the USA sounds alot better to some, so yes the cars themselves are made in the USA but the parts these cars are made up of are not.

Regardless of that fact, Honda motor corps global HQ is in japan. So yes, while American workers may be assembling the vehicles and receiving compensation for doing so, the actual *profit* returns to Japan, which I know for a fact is NOT in the united states of America. Thanks for your input BRO but u can't argue large corporate capital & greed lol.

With that being said, I love my car, wherever the money is going (as I sit back & watch my flat screen TV made in japan and set my alarm clock that was made in china lol)
Old 03-17-2012, 03:03 AM
vtec kicked in yo

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MissAlyyTL
Lol thnx @civic... I was ab to say I've never been called bro in my life :/ lol.... most are, but not all. Same with honda buddy, some are here & some are there, depending on the model. And yes, I am no expert in the area but I am somewhat educated in global commerce. USUALLY (I say usually bc i haven't done the research on the honda corp and by no means am I one to say I know something when i don't).. USUALLY the plants here are just assembly factories. The parts still come from overseas. It is cheaper and easier to ship over mass amounts of disassembled parts instead of fully built cars, which have a higher risk of being damaged, so its a loss prevention issue. Also, in attempts to appeal to the Buy American population. Made in the USA sounds alot better to some, so yes the cars themselves are made in the USA but the parts these cars are made up of are not.

Regardless of that fact, Honda motor corps global HQ is in japan. So yes, while American workers may be assembling the vehicles and receiving compensation for doing so, the actual *profit* returns to Japan, which I know for a fact is NOT in the united states of America. Thanks for your input BRO but u can't argue large corporate capital & greed lol.

With that being said, I love my car, wherever the money is going (as I sit back & watch my flat screen TV made in japan and set my alarm clock that was made in china lol)
anything "made" in the us uses parts from other countried in 90% if products.
MissAlyyTL (03-17-2012)
Old 03-17-2012, 03:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Yes, that's exactly my point! The link I posted was about using American earned money to put back into American economy. Which is why i said Ironic.

P.s.-since u stated Acuras were US and Honda's Japan, thought I'd do a little investigating and thought you might be interested in this... but what was it you said? Don't worry alot of ppl are confused ab it... apparently you are one of em.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...-plants-4.html
Old 03-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by antonio3rd
bro im guessing you are new to the acura scene?

honda=jap
acura=american. dont feel bad tho. i know alot of people that have been at it years and still dont know. just because they are the same company doesnt mean crap. its like nissan and infinity etc etc.
Btw, just wondering if it's an auto spell issue or are u really that ignorant to "the game" that you have been in so long to make herself superior to me.... Did u really think there is a y in Infiniti?? Bc I'm a woman, and even I know that. HA.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
1) The guy in the video you linked is the guy who made our video (which I still can't see ). He was talking about his project at C&C that morning.

2) In Car Talk, Infiniti is spelled "Infinity" due to a long running joke. That said, my guess is antonio just typo-ed it.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:39 PM
vtec kicked in yo

Yes, that's exactly my point! The link I posted was about using American earned money to put back into American economy. Which is why i said Ironic.

P.s.-since u stated Acuras were US and Honda's Japan, thought I'd do a little investigating and thought you might be interested in this... but what was it you said? Don't worry alot of ppl are confused ab it... apparently you are one of em.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...-plants-4.html
im not confused lol. My whole family has been in the acura scene since they brought the american brand in.

as far as spell check.my droid isnt best to type on. so i apologize
Old 03-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Burning Brakes

LOL are you still serious here? American brand? LMFAO. This is a joke. American built, yes possibly. But American brand? No way. They are not a part of the AAPC. They are trying to work their way into The TPP for so many obvious reasons, I think it's safe to say the need in long term. Your family might have been in the "Acura scene" since God was walking the earth but the bottom line is you apparently don't understand global commerce, free trade, or politics whatsoever. Politics, which is basically what everything in every country boils down to.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:28 PM
vtec kicked in yo

LOL are you still serious here? American brand? LMFAO. This is a joke. American built, yes possibly. But American brand? No way. They are not a part of the AAPC. They are trying to work their way into The TPP for so many obvious reasons, I think it's safe to say the need in long term. Your family might have been in the "Acura scene" since God was walking the earth but the bottom line is you apparently don't understand global commerce, free trade, or politics whatsoever. Politics, which is basically what everything in every country boils down to.
i always wondered why people didnt like women in the car scene.
tell you what. find me an acura out of the Americas and tell me how it goes. I'm guessing you havent been out of the country to find out. they only have acura brands in Canada,South america ,cuba. and well duh the us. I went to europe for a few months and found out myself. Acura is an american brand. Everything else is branded honda. I was hard headed like you once. But then i learned
Old 03-17-2012, 02:43 PM

Before we take an already dead thread way off topic, lets clear a few things up first.

Honda - A Japanese brand, available worldwide.

Acura - An American brand, answers to Honda, available in the Americas and China.

Honda in the USA is AHM, or American Honda Motor Co, INC. Honda also has a Canadian division (Honda Canada, INC and Honda of Canada Manufacturing) as well as many other divisions that operate in different locales. They are a division of Honda Motor Company, LTD., based in Japan.

Acura, just like AHM, is a division of Honda. The have headquarters in both California and Japan. Acura vehicles are sold in other markets, but branded as Hondas. These include the NSX, TSX (Accord Euro), RL (Legend), just to name a few. However, Acuras are sold in China as well.

As far as vehicle manufacturing - its split, for both Acura USA and AHM. The TL, ZDX, RDX and MDX are built in the USA. I believe the RL is still being built in Japan.

Check the window sticker on your car. My '03 CL was assembled in the Marysville plant, the engine and transmission come from Japan. 75% of the parts content is from US/Canadian suppliers. Japan makes up 15% of the remaining parts and 10% from unspecified countries.

This is really a dumb argument because I dont believe either of you truly know what the other is trying to get at here.

To sum up - I have a Japanese friend that was born in the USA. He is American. My cars "heart" and some of the switch gear is Japanese, but was built in the USA. Therefore, it is American.

Last edited by civicdrivr; 03-17-2012 at 02:47 PM.
antonio3rd (03-17-2012)
Old 03-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Burning Brakes

U always wondered why ppl didn't want women in the car scene? "bro", with the ignorance that you possess I'm sure you don't have any females in any 'scene' that you are in. Mad that u never touched one? LOL. Ur an idiot, just because it might not say the word "Acura" TSX on a Euro Accord, or Acura RL on a Honda Legend, they are all the same thing LMFAO. And you guessing I've never been out of the country just shows your ignorance and probably backwoods narrow minded hillbilly attitude . I've probably has my passport stamped more times than you have sniffed windshield adhesive , (assuming that brain damage is the sad reason behind your poor sportsman ship attitude and blatent ignorance).
Old 03-17-2012, 02:52 PM
vtec kicked in yo

U always wondered why ppl didn't want women in the car scene? "bro", with the ignorance that you possess I'm sure you don't have any females in any 'scene' that you are in. Mad that u never touched one? LOL. Ur an idiot, just because it might not say the word "Acura" TSX on a Euro Accord, or Acura RL on a Honda Legend, they are all the same thing LMFAO. And you guessing I've never been out of the country just shows your ignorance and probably backwoods narrow minded hillbilly attitude . I've probably has my passport stamped more times than you have sniffed windshield adhesive , (assuming that brain damage is the sad reason behind your poor sportsman ship attitude and blatent ignorance).
oh silly girl.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:52 PM

Alright, seriously, before this thread gets locked, you two need to ease up on the personal attacks.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Burning Brakes

@civic... I hear ya! The only reason for this was his reply on the post of the article I posted. It was an a man who said he was going to throw away mostly everything in his home since it was mostly made out of the county and he wants other citizens to follow his example and buy American . Not necessarily where the items were distributed from. His goal is to invest in the American based countries , the good ol boys if you will. Buying American has been around a long time, although as the more years passed after WW2 people slowly forgot about it. Having American workers assemble the cars are better than nothing, since some of the money people are spending are going back into the Americans pocket, however it is not all of it. Acura is a division of Honda, not the other way around. Honda, Japanese based holds the power and therefore gets part of the money.

Now as far as your friend, I am not trying to personify this. I'm not trying to imply Honda is Japanese bc Japanese ppl run it. And i am not trying to say one is better over the other either. Solely making the point that it's home base is Japan, therefore making it Japanese. Now, the same could be said for Acura, DBA American Honda corp, however their higher ups are Honda & honda is still Honda at the end of the day, based in Japan.

Now I'm not saying I agree with the man featured in the article. I actually believe quite the contrary. I am a firm believer that different countries should have duty free trades and whatnot bc after all we are all human and living on this shared earth so why shouldn't we share the fruits of each others labor, endeavors, and natural resources. Seems impossible, But the again that's asking for world peace LOL

Idk why I felt the need to argue my case so strongly, I guess I can't believe that some ppl are so out of touch with current events and global affairs. Like, this is your life,your government, your economy, shouldn't you know SOMETHING ab it? LOL
Old 03-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Burning Brakes

American based companies, not countries lol iPad auto spell is garbage lol
Old 10-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Racer

Received 442 Likes on 243 Posts
Well this sure was interesting -___-
Old 10-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Quarterlife Crisis....

Received 108 Likes on 84 Posts
^ Couldnt have said it better myself.