Southeast Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina & Tennessee

Paint Correction in the AL, FL, GA area

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Paint Correction in the AL, FL, GA area

Got a 09 TL-AWD that just got repaired after some pretty good damage after someone parked a Pontiac Vibe on top of it. The auto body repair shop did a pretty good job on it, but I noticed that the paint has very light, thin horizontal scratches...you cannot notice them except under a flashlight. We haven't had any sun for a few weeks here in Northwest Florida and its very hard to notice them. Even in the day under an overcast sky, you cannot see the scratches, but they will show, but I'm sure they will come out when the sun finally does.

I stopped by the body shop and let them know, but since its so hard to see I told them what I saw and then said I'll come back when its easier to see the scratches.

I'm curious on whether or not the body shop will even be able to repair the paint (as they shouldn't have messed it up to begin with), or if I'll have to go and get it corrected on the outside.

Overall the paint is great with no orange peel, absolutely no overspray....but the guy who detailed it must've gone nuts with a rag or something...

I'll post up pictures when I am able.....hard to see them right now.