Southeast Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina & Tennessee

Getting Bad Service in Florida

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 04:12 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting Bad Service in Florida

I've got a 2015 Acura TLX which I took to my local guy who works on honda/acura because emissions and parking break came on. He said the catalytic converter is bad and I need to get to Acura immediately my vehicle has 79,970 miles on it, I don't live close enough to get it to the dealer and stay under warranty. I contacted local dealer and they said to contact Acura Relations. I contacted Acura relations and they basically said after it's done they can review and determine what they will do then.

I told them I have to fly out of town tomorrow, for me to make it work I would need to tow car to them. Then use my wife's car so she'd be car less while I'm gone. All that because they can't say alright for that issue we will document it get it here as soon as possible and as long as that is what is wrong we will cover it under warranty.

I had the same thing happen with a Mercedes and the did exactly that, they said don't worry as long as you're less than a couple hundred miles over we won't have a problem and we have noted it in the system.

My family has had 7 new Acura's in the last 10 years, it's insane that customer service is that crap that they can't just do the right thing. I'm not saying it won't be covered, but for me to know with out a doubt it will be covered I have to tow it 50 miles and leave my wife and kid car less when I leave tomorrow. As minor as this may be, the fact there is no common sense to help a customer out at Acura makes me pretty determined to never buy another one and do my best to get friends to stop buying them. I was such an Acura fan but they want you to jump through hoops to get their mistakes fixed. I've seen others with this same problem which means they have a problem. I also had all my mud flaps lose paint which I didn't even bother going through this mess with because I was a little outside that warranty even though that's an obvious mfg defect. The car is only 2 years old. Seriously 150 miles will cost Acura dozens of cars and the copy and paste feature will blast this everywhere on the web. Booo Acura, we deserve better customer service!
Old 11-15-2017, 04:29 AM
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts
For those who do not know, your Emissions Warranty is 7 years or 70,000 miles whichever comes first. Claiming that you are getting bad service from Acura because they are following the warranty that everyone agreed to when your car was purchased is not quite fair. A catalytic converter is a device that has the potential for failure caused by many issues. Do you ever add any fuel additive or buy your gas at questionable gas stations? If all other 2015 TLX vehicles do not have catalytic converter problems and only yours does, what should Acura think? Yes, I drive a 2015 TLX Advance. I also have to assume that being that you have a local guy mechanic, that your normal maintenances were not done 50 miles away at the Acura dealership and that you don’t frequent your dealership on a regular basis. If I was Acura, I would say: Go ahead and pay the full price for the Catalytic Converter and afterwards, we will have our labs take it apart to determine if it is a manufacture defect and if found to be a manufacture defect, we will then refund your money in full. You mentioned: “I had the same thing happen with a Mercedes….” Of all the cars that I have owned in the last 10 years (probably 20 or more cars), I have not had even one require the replacement of a catalytic converter. Again, this is a ‘red flag’ that something has been introduced into the fuel system that should not have been. Of course, we are going on the assumption that your ‘local guy’ correctly diagnosed this problem. That is not always the case.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
Couple hundred miles =/= 10K miles
Old 11-16-2017, 07:49 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Crashmaster
For those who do not know, your Emissions Warranty is 7 years or 70,000 miles whichever comes first. Claiming that you are getting bad service from Acura because they are following the warranty that everyone agreed to when your car was purchased is not quite fair. A catalytic converter is a device that has the potential for failure caused by many issues. Do you ever add any fuel additive or buy your gas at questionable gas stations? If all other 2015 TLX vehicles do not have catalytic converter problems and only yours does, what should Acura think? Yes, I drive a 2015 TLX Advance. I also have to assume that being that you have a local guy mechanic, that your normal maintenances were not done 50 miles away at the Acura dealership and that you don’t frequent your dealership on a regular basis. If I was Acura, I would say: Go ahead and pay the full price for the Catalytic Converter and afterwards, we will have our labs take it apart to determine if it is a manufacture defect and if found to be a manufacture defect, we will then refund your money in full. You mentioned: “I had the same thing happen with a Mercedes….” Of all the cars that I have owned in the last 10 years (probably 20 or more cars), I have not had even one require the replacement of a catalytic converter. Again, this is a ‘red flag’ that something has been introduced into the fuel system that should not have been. Of course, we are going on the assumption that your ‘local guy’ correctly diagnosed this problem. That is not always the case.
My local guy only works on Acura’s, I trust him way more than the dealership. And he actually does maintenance even more often then recommended. I take my car in at 50% for oil, and usually everything is done less than what Acura recommends time wise because they recommend those as a sales tactic to keep the total cost of vehicle down for stats. So who’s the better guy to have work on your vehicle, some rookie in the Acura dealership, or the guy so good he left Acura and has a much steadier flow of customers...

Also there are many people who have posted online about catalytic converter failures with the TLX online, just have to search it out. My Mercedes problem wasn’t that part it was something else just shy of warranty running up and they said no worried a couple hundred miles won’t make a difference.

And one final thing you’re wrong about was the warranty is 8 year/80,000 miles. So either you’re not an Acura owner or you’re the most uninformed car buyer around... Any other issues I can shut you down with? Next you’ll tell me Acura’s transmission is superior and never has problems...
Old 11-16-2017, 07:51 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Couple hundred miles =/= 10K miles
The warranty is 8 year,80,000.... Yup another uninformed internet comment...