Southeast Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina & Tennessee

Camp Lejeune area shops?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 12:46 PM
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Camp Lejeune area shops?

I've got: 04 TL and 88 CRX RHD conversion.
I don't have: tools and time.

Are there any legit shops around Jacksonville/Maysville/Wilmington NC that you folks know about?

Even if it's just a friend of a friend that you went to high school with, that would be better than the sh!t I've found around here so far.

Hook it up!
RhR
Old 06-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts
Have you been to the hobby shop on base? They have every tool you could possibly need, plus lifts and bays... Thats where I do all my work cause I live in the barracks. Most of the shops around here are a ripoff, but then again all shops are a ripoff when you can just do it yourself.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Here is the webpage for the auto hobby shop on Camp Lejuene.

http://www.mccslejeune.com/autohobby/index.html

I use the one at NAS Jacksonville, FL all the time.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:12 AM
9th Gear

Haha of course there's the hobby shop, but when you don't have the time to work on your vehicles (i have 4 of them, plus a wife and 2 kids,) it makes sense to find a decent shop.

I'm thinking Wilmington may be my best bet to find a good shop. However, if there is anyone on here who has connections hmu.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts
I know theres a guy on here that used to work at the Acura dealer in Wilmington but I lost his # and I dont remember his name.

My friend took his car to majestic motorsports in Jville and he had a nightmare, every time they got his car running it was another problem right after that one was fixed. I think it was partly his POS car but it took em about 2 months to get it running right. I think its messed up again now actually... I also bought a painted bumper from them for my last TL, the damn paint started flaking off after only 3 months.

The only other shop Ive dealt with was east coast performance in jville. The guys were nice as hell but I never had the money to get any work done there, plus Im a DIY'er anyway
Old 07-09-2012, 06:23 AM
9th Gear

I have also had a bad time with Majestic. They charged me $700 to do the exhaust on my old crown vic a couple years ago. They used sh!t parts instead of what they told me and showed me beforehand. parts only cost about $160 - rest was BS labor charges.

There's a guy that lives out towards Ellis airport, goes by Wolf. He seems to know Hondas inside and out. Right now he's got my RHD CRX, [switching it to obd1 from obd0... among other things.]

Wolf also has a friend/brother he works with that works on any other car. Once they're done with my ride I'll see if it's ok for me to post his contact info on here.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:12 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbocoop
I know theres a guy on here that used to work at the Acura dealer in Wilmington but I lost his # and I dont remember his name.

My friend took his car to majestic motorsports in Jville and he had a nightmare, every time they got his car running it was another problem right after that one was fixed. I think it was partly his POS car but it took em about 2 months to get it running right. I think its messed up again now actually... I also bought a painted bumper from them for my last TL, the damn paint started flaking off after only 3 months.

The only other shop Ive dealt with was east coast performance in jville. The guys were nice as hell but I never had the money to get any work done there, plus Im a DIY'er anyway
I know Parasurfer1979 (Desmond) worked at Stevenson Acura in Wilmington and he is still active on acurazine,
Old 08-02-2012, 07:24 PM
9th Gear

Wow... my CRX was even more F'd up than I realized. The guy I got it from originally straight up MURDERED the ECU harness and the car's harness. Pic attached. Behold the gruesomeness.

The throttle position sensor went bad, which caused the fuel press. regulator to go bad, which caused this, which caused that, which caused the ECU fuse to pop, which cause this other thing. I'm pissed. Have any of you heard of William (Bill) Staats?