3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this one guy that does a decent job for $75
Old 06-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Banned

Angry

Originally Posted by TylerT
Cmon mang, do it yourself! It takes about 6-8 hours depending on how good of a job you do.

Buffer + 3 applicator bonnets + 3 stages of polish + clay bar w/ mothers detailing spray = amazing looking paint.

This is what everybody on these forums told me, and now my paint job is ruined.

Do NOT listen to this.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:08 PM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Received 219 Likes on 118 Posts
Like everyone says in your other thread in the W&W section, outline your process. Hopefully you can get it resolved.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by TSXinSouthBayCalifornia
This is what everybody on these forums told me, and now my paint job is ruined.

Do NOT listen to this.
Stop fear mongering .. you did it wrong ..
Old 06-21-2009, 01:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jesstzn
Stop fear mongering .. you did it wrong ..

Yes, I did it wrong.

Do you think I TRIED to do it wrong?

I spend over 30 muthafuckin thousand dollars on this car....

Do you actually think that I am now trying to sabotage my own car, just to prove a point on a detailing forum?

That is the whole point -

IT IS NOT EASY TO DETAIL A CAR YOURSELF!

And unless you want to become a detailing enthusiast, and make this into a personal hobby, then you should leave it to the professionals. (IMHO)
Old 06-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Well there is no need to come up with posts like this .. its not that hard ... if you follow the steps and do it right..

Your one in hundreds that ran into these issues and its not because of the product or the machines. Because you didn't follow instructions.

Detailing takes patience and learning and your running off in 27 directions at once at 300 MPH .

If 6 guys say clay your car and 1 doesn't you take the advice from the 1 . If bunch people say a product won't do a job and one does then you question the 6 and post threads asking if a product will do it when its already said it probably won't.

Learn from your mistakes and move on. Go with 1 recommended product line and methodology.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:51 PM
291hp & 245 tq @ 3.5psi

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
TSXinSouthBayCalifornia: I'm not sure if you ever heard of Meguiars or visit our 626/310/714.........local meet thread, but since you live near Irvine (about half hour driving), please do your car a favor and spend one Saturday (8 hrs) to attend FREE detail class offer by Meguiars where you can learn how to proper care for your car. Once you attend the class, btw did I mention the class is absolutely FREE, with free pizza for lunch, free drinks, and free samples?, by the time you finish the class, you will learn all the correct technique to make your car beautiful like show car. So, unless you want to pay for someone do it, and I tell you this, professional detail who do a REALLY GOOD job (which can make your car flawless, no scratches, no swirls) can cost you few hundred bucks and up! People who do detail for less than $100, all they do is just OK job and still have scratches and swirls, but less than before or just hide those defects (which normal people won't see but I know and hundreds if not thousands of people who attended Saturday class at Meguiars can point those defect out just like that), and you can do better than them!

Link to Saturday class: just sign up as forum members and sign up to whatever detail class that you can attend:
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28080

Once you attend the Saturday class, you can go to Thursday night open garage which you can apply what you learn and do on your car with the same professional detailer help you. You can use just about any products that Meguiars made, including their buffer machine for free, and same like Sat's class, free pizza for dinner and dinks.
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28656

btw, many of us (Acurazine's members who live in SoCal) had attend these class and everyone love it. Here are some of the link:

December 06 class:
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=17252

February 07 class:
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18791

We might have a small meet on Thursday night July 9th again at Meguiars. Come by if you have time.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LacViet
TSXinSouthBayCalifornia: I'm not sure if you ever heard of Meguiars or visit our 626/310/714.........local meet thread, but since you live near Irvine (about half hour driving), please do your car a favor and spend one Saturday (8 hrs) to attend FREE detail class offer by Meguiars where you can learn how to proper care for your car. Once you attend the class, btw did I mention the class is absolutely FREE, with free pizza for lunch, free drinks, and free samples?, by the time you finish the class, you will learn all the correct technique to make your car beautiful like show car. So, unless you want to pay for someone do it, and I tell you this, professional detail who do a REALLY GOOD job (which can make your car flawless, no scratches, no swirls) can cost you few hundred bucks and up! People who do detail for less than $100, all they do is just OK job and still have scratches and swirls, but less than before or just hide those defects (which normal people won't see but I know and hundreds if not thousands of people who attended Saturday class at Meguiars can point those defect out just like that), and you can do better than them!

Link to Saturday class: just sign up as forum members and sign up to whatever detail class that you can attend:
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28080

Once you attend the Saturday class, you can go to Thursday night open garage which you can apply what you learn and do on your car with the same professional detailer help you. You can use just about any products that Meguiars made, including their buffer machine for free, and same like Sat's class, free pizza for dinner and dinks.
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28656

btw, many of us (Acurazine's members who live in SoCal) had attend these class and everyone love it. Here are some of the link:

December 06 class:
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=17252

February 07 class:
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18791

We might have a small meet on Thursday night July 9th again at Meguiars. Come by if you have time.

LACViet,

Thank you so much for trying to help me, and being friendly.

Either way, I may just show up on July 9th, just to meet some other detailing enthusiasts in person.

I wouldn't hesitate otherwise, but I've already invested a good deal of money ($490 or so) on equipment and product, and I'm sure they are going to push for me to buy THEIR product, so I'm going to try to follow up with the people that have been attempting to help me so far.

My experience has been that a lot of people say that the others aren't doing it right, or the other products don't work, and to use THEIR products.

I'm guessing that all of these products work to a certain extent, and I've just got to get the knowledge regarding the details.

Thank you so much though.

I sincerely appreciate it!
Old 06-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Suzuka Master

LACViet,

Either way, I may just show up on July 9th, just to meet some other detailing enthusiasts in person.

I wouldn't hesitate otherwise, but I've already invested a good deal of money ($490 or so) on equipment and product, and I'm sure they are going to push for me to buy THEIR product, so I'm going to try to follow up with the people that have been attempting to help me so far.

My experience has been that a lot of people say that the others aren't doing it right, or the other products don't work, and to use THEIR products.

I'm guessing that all of these products work to a certain extent, and I've just got to get the knowledge regarding the details.

Why don't you go ... you don't have to buy thier products .. matter of fact you get samples... and the opportunity for hands on learning is there. If I was within 2 hours I would go just to learn more.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:44 PM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

LACViet,

Wrong..... Never has Mike Phillips ever pressured me to buy any of their Meguars products. His motto is "If something works, stick with it." If you think your product works, then bring it with you, and show him how you work on your car. He'll correct you and show you the proper way. He's very approachable, and has helped me lots. I asked him why I still had swirls in my paint even when I went over a area multiple times, and so he asked me to show him how I used my buffer. He corrected me, showing me the proper way to use the buffer. Basically Thursday night garage days are a day where enthusiasts come together to work on their cars, and to help others in need.

And you still haven't answered my question in your wash&wax thread. You should give us the detailed process on how you worked on your car, so we can figure out what went wrong to help you further.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by onebadna1nsx
Wrong..... Never has Mike Phillips ever pressured me to buy any of their Meguars products. His motto is "If something works, stick with it." If you think your product works, then bring it with you, and show him how you work on your car. He'll correct you and show you the proper way. He's very approachable, and has helped me lots. I asked him why I still had swirls in my paint even when I went over a area multiple times, and so he asked me to show him how I used my buffer. He corrected me, showing me the proper way to use the buffer. Basically Thursday night garage days are a day where enthusiasts come together to work on their cars, and to help others in need.

And you still haven't answered my question in your wash&wax thread. You should give us the detailed process on how you worked on your car, so we can figure out what went wrong to help you further.
I have actually talked with Mike a few times and he sent me about $200 worth of thier products to try .. I still use a couple of the pads he sent. He us a pretty down to earth guy. No pressure.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by onebadna1nsx

If that's the case, maybe I WILL give that route a try.

I suspected I was going to get the ole "well it'll work if you try MY product".

If I can get teaching/assistance BEYOND that, then that would be awesome.

I don't mind buying ANYONE'S product, and giving them some business, but again at this point, I've invested almost $500, and still have awful results.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:57 AM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

lots of us use LOTS of Meguiars products because they work. I found I like DWG, ID&GE, and APS... these are not Meguiars products, but Optimum and Danase products. Honestly it's all a matter of what you think looks good. I started experimenting with products, asking Patrick for suggestions. ID&GE and DWG are both suggestions from Patrick, and I haven't looked back since.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:16 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Do I see a HUGE by TSXinSouthBayCalifornia?

Originally Posted by RevenG
I know this one guy that does a decent job for $75
Who's this?
Old 07-28-2009, 01:17 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

BTW, Sjr., why not just ask Tommy? He'll do it.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Unregistered user

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by princelybug
Do I see a HUGE by TSXinSouthBayCalifornia?

Who's this?
IMO i dont want a decent job... i rather pay double for a great-perfect job.

plus i'd rather spend that money and buy the rotary and pads, and crap to do it myself... b/c i really like detailing. its pretty fun.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:23 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

^ Like I said, you can detail my car ANYTIME!
Old 07-28-2009, 01:28 PM
KICKED IN THE BALLS

hmmmm I don't know how you go and ruin your paint. I didn't have to go out and pay a crap load for my car products, it was just my time that I invested into it that made the difference. If you take your time and attention to detail I dont know how you could ever mess up a detail but I guess you found out how to.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:00 PM
I ♡ PEK PEK

Originally Posted by LIPPSTUH
IMO i dont want a decent job... i rather pay double for a great-perfect job.

plus i'd rather spend that money and buy the rotary and pads, and crap to do it myself... b/c i really like detailing. its pretty fun.
Look into a Flex XC3401, stronger than the Porter Cable and a lot safer than a rotary.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Unregistered user

Originally Posted by anarchy[sear]
hmmmm I don't know how you go and ruin your paint. I didn't have to go out and pay a crap load for my car products, it was just my time that I invested into it that made the difference. If you take your time and attention to detail I dont know how you could ever mess up a detail but I guess you found out how to.
+1, basic information from meguiars detailing class + good work ethic + patience = great outcome.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Unregistered user

Originally Posted by princelybug
^ Like I said, you can detail my car ANYTIME!
buy me the PC and i'll do it
Old 07-28-2009, 02:58 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

^ How about I let you use my PC?
Old 08-04-2009, 01:50 AM
I need a car in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so what are the recommendation? i read a couple of them. is there any near san gabriel? i need a full car detail taking off some scratches, minor and major. any quote on price? i can drive out my range if i really need to. just picked up the car and need some detailing! i dont want to do it myself just yet since i dont know where to begin and there is so much to buy. i am taking the meguiar class this saturday so ill eventually learn, but i want my car clean first.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:52 AM
Rockin the D2! Purple Pwr

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by thait
so what are the recommendation? i read a couple of them. is there any near san gabriel? i need a full car detail taking off some scratches, minor and major. any quote on price? i can drive out my range if i really need to. just picked up the car and need some detailing! i dont want to do it myself just yet since i dont know where to begin and there is so much to buy. i am taking the meguiar class this saturday so ill eventually learn, but i want my car clean first.
I got a friend! his name is Norm! Screen name (n0rmal).... excellent detailer! gives a price to all acura members for 125 i think! you should hit him up!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:24 AM
I ♡ PEK PEK

Originally Posted by switchfootvz
I got a friend! his name is Norm! Screen name (n0rmal).... excellent detailer! gives a price to all acura members for 125 i think! you should hit him up!
Thanks for pimping me out Nate!
Old 09-02-2009, 04:33 PM
9th Gear

Sorry I'm not much help to the original poster. I don't know of any detailers first-hand.

But, has anyone ever used Classy Cars Auto Detailing? (Huntington Beach)
They were recommended to me, but I haven't heard a lot about them.