Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Working under the hood when suddenly...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 03:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 310 Likes on 215 Posts
Working under the hood when suddenly...

At the bottom of the bay, I see this thing just sitting there not attached to anything (one of the photos shows where it was sitting, bottom left of the battery, and slightly in front of the radiator fan when you're looking under the hood).

Any idea what it is? I can't for the life of me figure it out. It looks like it might be used on the air intake but idk (it's rubber and about the size of a grapefruit). And who knows how long it's been there, I've only had the car a few months!!!

Old 06-03-2017, 04:11 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Does your car have an aftermarket air intake? The car may have had one prior to you buying it, and the previous owner may have pulled it out and replaced it with the original air box. If it's the size of a grapefruit, it's likely related to an intake system. Nothing else is that big, in the engine bay, in terms of diameter.

If anything, he may have dropped the part in and didn't see where it went, wasn't able to retrieve it, or simply didn't care. A coupler that big, if missing somewhere, would've caused you noticeable issues by now. No issues, no problem.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:13 PM
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts
Prett sure it fits around the tube that attaches to the intake reaonator. I took my resonator out and used that to re attach the tube directly to the intake. Idk how it fell off tho.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:16 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
It's one of the reasons I don't like buying a modified car... You're eventually left to figure out someone else's work. Pisses me off when people cut corners also. I know why they may do it, but it just seems wrong. You're supposed to make the car better when you mod it, not worse. Leaving mystery pieces in the engine bay is a wtf situation.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenSpades
Prett sure it fits around the tube that attaches to the intake reaonator. I took my resonator out and used that to re attach the tube directly to the intake. Idk how it fell off tho.
Im pretty confident your right. It has the same markings (white) to help you line it up. However, this tube should be much longer, perhaps the owner before cut it for some reason
Old 06-03-2017, 06:19 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Reading the thread title, thought you were going to tell a story about how the hood lifts gave out and the hood hit you in the head nearly impaling you with the latch while you were looking down the engine and now you've come to ask us where to buy the hood lifts. True story, almost happened to me but I propped my elbow up just in time.

It's the rubber coupler for the intake tube right infront of the battery.

Part #11
https://www.acuraoemparts.com/auto-p...hamber-06-scat

Last edited by guitarplayer16; 06-03-2017 at 06:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TheSauceBoss (06-05-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,699 Likes on 6,709 Posts
Yup intake resonator related
Old 06-03-2017, 09:36 PM

Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
Reading the thread title, thought you were going to tell a story about how the hood lifts gave out and the hood hit you in the head nearly impaling you with the latch while you were looking down the engine and now you've come to ask us where to buy the hood lifts. True story, almost happened to me but I propped my elbow up just in time.
Same way I learned not to trust hood lifts. I opened the hood, turned around, and then ear-shattering crash as it came down. Could have easily been my head in here, or arm, or fingers...