2005 tl clutch soft.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017 | 09:04 AM
Honda / Acura Fanboy

2005 tl clutch soft.

What could be the remedy for this. I believe the clutch isn't slipping. I left the car parked at my sisters house. Do I need a new clutch or would a new clutch master cylinder work?
Old 03-13-2017 | 09:57 AM

more details?>?????

think of it like going to the dr. office..explain in detail what is going on...
"hey doc, I have limp dick...whats the remedy? "
doctor wont know until he goes over your symptoms and medical history. then maybe some testing...to finally figure out whats wrong...BUTT, doctors are not always right.
same case with mechanics and online forums...

we have to know the symptoms, history, etc...and even then, we might not know.
Old 03-13-2017 | 11:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

What makes it soft? Could be anything from clutch pedal all the way to the flywheel.
Old 03-13-2017 | 01:17 PM
Safety Car

Reveled the system. If that doesn't work it might be the master or the slave. I got brand new Honda ones if you need it
Old 03-14-2017 | 01:23 PM
Honda / Acura Fanboy

Originally Posted by thisaznboi88
Reveled the system. If that doesn't work it might be the master or the slave. I got brand new Honda ones if you need it

Sorry I don't know what you mean my Reveled.

Also I might just pick up both items from you its really annoying its like the clutch grabs high I am not use to it and it makes the car stutter a little beause of all the timing and all and it just grabs very very high doesn't feel normal. Could you PM me a price thanks.
Old 03-14-2017 | 05:31 PM
Safety Car

It should have said rebleed stupid I phone auto correct. That going to be the cheapest thing to do. If it doesn't work message me

I just sold the slave cylinder just has the master left.
Old 03-14-2017 | 05:54 PM
Team Owner

If CSC was failing, it would be leaking.

If CMC was failing, the brake fluid bypasses the internal gaskets, and causes the pedal to not spring up fully. Other issues you may notice is sometimes even with your foot on the clutch, you can't shift in or out of gear. Does any of this happen?

otherwise, you may have a leak (kind of doubtful) or you got air in the line somehow (kind of doubtful also). My bets are that its the CMC.
Old 03-14-2017 | 05:57 PM
Honda / Acura Fanboy

i purchase the car with this. I dont know if its because I never drove a TL and if its normal or if it isn't. Tomorrow I will check what you mentioned thanks. but yea the pedal is just light it comes
Old 03-14-2017 | 05:58 PM
Honda / Acura Fanboy

i purchase the car with this. I dont know if its because I never drove a TL and if its normal or if it isn't. Tomorrow I will check what you mentioned thanks.
Old 03-18-2017 | 05:55 AM
Honda / Acura Fanboy

Originally Posted by TacoBello
If CSC was failing, it would be leaking.

If CMC was failing, the brake fluid bypasses the internal gaskets, and causes the pedal to not spring up fully. Other issues you may notice is sometimes even with your foot on the clutch, you can't shift in or out of gear. Does any of this happen?

otherwise, you may have a leak (kind of doubtful) or you got air in the line somehow (kind of doubtful also). My bets are that its the CMC.

Hi thanks for the reply just seen it.

I recently purchased the car havn't drove it to much yet. But basically the clutch has no feedback it feel very light and the engine engages when the clutch is very high / when my foot is almost off. I check the reservoirs they are full but then again i found clutch fluid bottle in the trunk smh.

Im thinking i just need to replace the clutch and flywheel. Any tips as to what I should look at.

would a SS Clutch hose help?