Is the Accord (TSX) a Luxury Ride Elsewhere

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Question Is the Accord (TSX) a Luxury Ride Elsewhere

This review compares it to the BMW 3series, Mercedes Cclass & Audi A4 ... prompting me to wonder if this is considered a luxury ride in other markets. Which would kind of make sense since they do not have Acura ....

The Honda Accord may be one of the leading players in the South African medium sedan market, but it’s still very much an underrated car. And that’s no fault of the Accord. Instead, the problem lies with the segment it’s competing in. You see, South Africans would rather drive smaller premium cars than larger mainstream machines. With spruced up looks, and more tech, the latest Accord will want to change that … By DEON SCHOEMAN.

With BMW’s ever-desirable 3-Series a prime rival, that’s a tough task, though. And the Accord also has to take the fight to the likes of the Mercedes-Benz C-class, with image and prestige the key attractions of the 3-Pointed Star.

The Audi A4 is another status-driven product that has become a firm favourite in this category, but interestingly, Volkswagen’s Passat is a more direct rival, despite its European origins. In fact, it’s always been as underrated as the Honda, perhaps because of its perceived inferiority to sibling brand Audi.

At VW they’re putting a lot of effort into elevating the Passat name beyond the expectations created by the Volkswagen brand. And much the same could be said of the Accord.

Indeed, the big Honda sedan presents a convincing and appealing package, starting with its clean and sculpted looks, together with a well-executed, spacious interior, and close attention to active and passive safety features.

Less obvious – at least until you get a chance to drive the car – are the composed road manners and the convincing dynamics. But the real question is whether this facelifted version will persuade more buyers to join the Honda fold.

It has to be said that the exterior changes are subtle rather than spectacular. In fact, it would take a committed connoisseur of the marque to spot the individual differences. The Accord retains its crisp, contemporary looks, and the differences are all in the details.

For instance, the redesigned headlights look cleaner and edgier, but they also reflect improved functionality, with active cornering lights and bi-Xenon elements included on top-end Accord variants. Also new are the resculpted bumpers front and rear, as well as sleeker taillight clusters.

In fact, many of the changes have been fuelled not only by the need to spruce up the Honda’s looks, but also by closer attention to aerodynamic efficiency, which has a direct impact on fuel economy, performance and overall operating costs.

However, you won’t have any trouble recognising the updated Accord. Its classic 3-box sedan shape remains low-slung and sporty, with the long and prowling nose, low roofline and a short, high deck emphasising the car’s athletic stance.

The rear bumper now incorporates a subtle diffuser and twin exhaust tailpipes, although the vast expanse of colour-coded plastic can look a little bulbous and heavy-set. At least the high and sculpted waistline, and the narrow glass apertures, emphasise the Accord’s subtly wedged profile. Those 18-inch wheels and low-profile rubber promise grip and composure, too.

1 of Honda’s strengths is cabin layout and design, and the Accord is no different. It doesn’t have the space-age appeal of its smaller Civic Hatch and CR-Z cousins, but it offers a clean and ergonomic layout, fleshed out with a comprehensive features set and embellished with a sense of luxurious comfort.

Since there wasn’t any pressing need to change any of these attributes, the 2011 Accord’s cabin focuses on smarter finishes with more metallic accents, in line with global trends. But it steers clear of falling into the glitz-and-glamour trap, while there’s a reassuring sense of authentic quality that augurs well for long-term service and enjoyment.

Also new are the model designations. While our test unit was a top-spec Exclusive, buyers can also choose from the midrange Executive and even more affordable (in relative terms) Elegance versions. High equipment levels are standard across all three variants, with the Exclusive getting the full-house treatment.

The standard execution includes all the usual kit - electric windows, mirrors, seats, climate control and a multi-speaker CD receiver with MP3 capability, as well as a USB connector that will work with flash drives and iPods. An overriding sense of space and quality adds to the feel-good factor.

Perhaps the most important advance is the addition of several new, high-tech systems. For instance, there’s the Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS), which uses radar to sense an impending collision. It alerts the driver, tensions the seat belts and finally applies the brakes.

The Lane Keeping Assist System sounds an alarm when the Accord strays out of a lane, and will even self-steer to keep the car on course. And then there’s the radar-based Adaptive Cruise Control, which measures the following distance between the Honda and vehicles ahead and reduces the car’s speed accordingly.

These systems certainly elevate the Honda into the premium league as far as technology is concerned – and are perhaps Honda’s way of thumbing its nose at the perceived superiority of those top-end brands.

One aspect that hasn’t changed at all – at least in the petrol context – is the engine. The previous model’s 2,4-litre i-VTEC 4-cylinder unit remains firmly in place, and still produces 148kW of maximum power, linked to a torque peak of 234Nm.

In the best Honda tradition, it’s a smooth and eager mill, with a real appetite for revs – a welcome departure from the current trend towards torquey engines with loads of low-down grunt, but little exuberance at the higher end of the engine speed range.

Of course, the potential downside is a peaky power delivery that requires frequent gear changes and lots of throttle input, but Honda’s i-VTEC variable valve timing manages to neatly balance power and torque requirements, while still offering the enthusiastic driver the full scope of revs with which to play.

In that context, the presence of a snappy, short-shifting 6-speed manual gearbox is a welcome 1, although I sense that buyers in this segment are more likely to opt for the 6-speed automatic transmission, complete with shift paddles. But given the Accord’s sporty edge, I’d take the manual any day.

In that guise, performance is brisk, if not exactly ground-breaking. The Accord will sprint from rest to 100km/h in 8.1 sec at sea level and is good for a 227km/h top speed. But this car’s dynamic appeal is about more than just straight-line speed.

The chassis feels tauter and more composed than you’d expect of a sedan competing in this segment, allowing wieldy responses and high grip levels. While the steering feels a touch overassisted, the Accord turns in with alacrity and always feels fleet-footed and entertaining.

In fact, the dynamic prowess of this car is perhaps its most underrated talent. That’s surprising, given Honda’s reputation for cars with driver appeal. The Accord may be positioned at the luxury end of its segment, but it lacks nothing as far as spirited performance is concerned.

Of course, vigorous driving and fuel economy aren’t exactly mutually conducive, and that’s certainly the case here. While Honda claims a fuel consumption figure of 8,8-litres/100km for the combined cycle, our test figure was solidly in the 10-litres/100km bracket. The rated CO2 emissions figure is 203g/km.

Except for some tyre roar, noise levels are well contained, adding to the cabin’s serene ambience, while the presence of 6 airbags, ABS brakes and vehicle stability control add further motoring peace of mind.

So, does this spruced up Honda Accord have what it takes to challenge the premium car contingent? It’s certainly sharper (and smarter) inside and out, while its arsenal of high-tech features boosts both safety and image. I also like its sporty and engaging road manners, which will endear it to fellow motoring enthusiasts who require space and luxury too.

In other words, it’s a great car made even better by the latest updates. But Honda’s real challenge will be to persuade buyers outside its loyal customer base to at least sample its charms. In a country where perceptions often outweigh reality, test-driving the Accord may well present the most compelling argument of all. DM
Old 07-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts
We need those headlights in the States immediately! WANT...
Old 07-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
they got the good OEM wheels
Old 07-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Goodbye.

Received 584 Likes on 423 Posts
werd wheels lights and more tech options needed!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Coreano-brasileiro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Man, we should import the SA "Exclusive" model over here!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
SA model has US V6 style rims. Type S has slightly different rims.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Well I'm sure if you bring the car to North Korea it will be a "luxury" car. But I'm pretty sure in some Asian countries the Accord is looked at as a luxury car.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It looks so nice. While at the same time the US version of the Accord has gotten worse each year. (appearance wise)
Old 07-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
I'd love to have the active cornering lights.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ressling
We need those headlights in the States immediately! WANT...
Old 07-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 119 Posts
sidenote....we were SA's car of the year in 2009!
Old 07-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Burning Brakes

So i was doing some research and found this http://hondaplus.ix.co.za/NewsArticle.aspx?Article=9372 those headlights are so cool.....I just sent an e-mail to a dealership, Honda of Cape Town to be exact, to see if they can send the headlights our way! Ill keep you guys posted

Last edited by VortexBlueTSX; 07-07-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:53 AM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
The Accord Euro isn't a Luxury sedan here in Australia, premium maybe, not luxury.

I was pretty awe struck though when I saw that some TSX's don't come with stock HID's or a nav system on the base model?

I think the base only has 6 speakers as well?

The 18" OEM rims are standard here on all models except for the base.

The new Accord Euro Lux Navi in Aus have the headlights too, first quote from a Honda dealership was $1300 a side. (RHD designed projectors though).

Last edited by I CU2; 07-08-2011 at 04:56 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts
just wait for the ebay replicas to come out.

IMO cleared OEM's look way better than these new ones.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Seeing articles like this serves to remind us all that the TSX is really nothing more than a badge-engineered Honda. It would be like VW putting an Audi badge on a Jetta and calling it the A4, which of course would never happen. This is why Audi has luxury car credibility that Acura doesn't have. I guess it could be worse - at least the Honda source car isn't sold here, thus not making the badge-engineering obvious to the masses. Did anyone notice that this article states the Euro Accord also has a 6 speed auto tranny? If true, why the hell is Acura still using a 5 speed in its supposedly upscale brand version?
Old 07-08-2011, 11:58 PM
Safety Car

Actually VW is more expensive brand than Audi.
forget about Mexico built Jetta that is even downgraded than Civic.
Compare German built VW CC or Passat with equivalent German A4. VW ends up being more expensive with less power, less technology (No 8speed auto, special LED, No 3D navigation, shorter wheel base, No multi link front suspension)
There is only $2k difference between these two cars in 2.0T form.

http://cdn.images.whatcar.com/delive...1010514561.jpg

http://cdn.images.whatcar.com/delive...1111123461.jpg

VW CC VR6 4motion starts at $41k. You can get Audi A4 at $45K that is much more comprehensively equiped with better warranty. VW is not a cheap brand. This common misconception that VW is cheaper than Audi.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:51 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually prefer our TSX's blacked out headlights over the chrome ones shown on the Accord. I used to own a RSX-S and I hated all that chrome in the headlights (opposed to the blacked out ones on an ITR).
Old 07-09-2011, 03:46 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by SSFTSX
Actually VW is more expensive brand than Audi.
forget about Mexico built Jetta that is even downgraded than Civic.
Compare German built VW CC or Passat with equivalent German A4. VW ends up being more expensive with less power, less technology (No 8speed auto, special LED, No 3D navigation, shorter wheel base, No multi link front suspension)
There is only $2k difference between these two cars in 2.0T form.

http://cdn.images.whatcar.com/delive...1010514561.jpg

http://cdn.images.whatcar.com/delive...1111123461.jpg

VW CC VR6 4motion starts at $41k. You can get Audi A4 at $45K that is much more comprehensively equiped with better warranty. VW is not a cheap brand. This common misconception that VW is cheaper than Audi.
what are you smoking? you are comparing a car that is MUCH bigger than an A4. The CC would be comparable to the A7 (both 4 doors with "coupe" styling)..which is MUCH more than 41k.

"Actually VW is more expensive brand than Audi."
I've never heard anything more ridiculous than this about cars ever.....
The following 2 users liked this post by denwhat:
kazelement (07-09-2011), MCDavis (07-11-2011)
Old 07-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by denwhat
what are you smoking? you are comparing a car that is MUCH bigger than an A4. The CC would be comparable to the A7 (both 4 doors with "coupe" styling)..which is MUCH more than 41k.

"Actually VW is more expensive brand than Audi."
I've never heard anything more ridiculous than this about cars ever.....
how is CC bigger than A4? Does it have long wheel base? Is it weigh more?.
That coupe style is nonsense. both have Cd of 0.28 despite A4 has height advantage. Look at the website.
There are things in A4 that are of high quality than CC.
A6/A7 is completely sperate platform with 113inch wheel base. and far stronger engines from S4. I have calculated the content of VW & Audi. VW is the more expensive brand.
On other hand Honda is not more expensive than Acura. EXL-V6 Accord and TSX 4 cylinder has pretty similar prices. but Accord offer longer wheel base for comfortable ride, both gives similar suspension setup. both Accord & TSX has 5speed Auto.
CC/Passat dont have longer wheel base of A4 or 8speed auto. and neither offers B&O or 3rd generation of MMI of Audi. suspension setup is another different. CC cannot pull higher g than A4.. Quality of suspenion is directly proportional to handling ability. Just put Sport package on A4 and it will pull 0.92g.
VW CC cant do it no matter what tire and suspension setup you do. The quality of material, electronics, suspension, engine power delivery is way down the line of A4. I am not even going into NVH levels and heat insulation. It is ridculous to compare A4 with CC.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...rformance.html
On the skidpad, our CC Sport turned in numbers similar to Suzuki's Kizashi GTS, a car we've lauded for its capable dynamics. Nevertheless, if a serious sport sedan is what you seek, the Subaru WRX will clobber the CC every time at roughly the same price point.

A4
http://www.germancarforum.com/intern...swagen-cc.html
On the road, the Audi's tires give up long before the chassis loses its poise, so driving at the limit of adhesion is ridiculously easy. Oversteer remains off the menu, though this new A4's handling balance is more neutral than ever before, so you can toss it into the corners — a dynamic that contributes to its solid 70 mph in the slalom.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The TSX has less highend options than an Accord Euro. Thus I own a TSX but can't call it VERY highend car. It's good value at the end of the day....depending on how much you paid otd.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:55 PM
You see me, I CU2

Received 358 Likes on 284 Posts
I always assumed that Acura is entry level luxury, it's not meant to compete with the Germans but possibly with Lexus/Infinity but provides a good stepping stone in that direction. The TSX is def stiffer in the suspension department too, it's also trying to picture itself as a "sporty" alternative. So entry level sport I guess?

Now only if it came with SH-AWD....maybe with the 3G TSX....
Old 07-10-2011, 01:47 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by SSFTSX
how is CC bigger than A4? Does it have long wheel base? Is it weigh more?.
That coupe style is nonsense. both have Cd of 0.28 despite A4 has height advantage. Look at the website.
There are things in A4 that are of high quality than CC.
A6/A7 is completely sperate platform with 113inch wheel base. and far stronger engines from S4. I have calculated the content of VW & Audi. VW is the more expensive brand.
On other hand Honda is not more expensive than Acura. EXL-V6 Accord and TSX 4 cylinder has pretty similar prices. but Accord offer longer wheel base for comfortable ride, both gives similar suspension setup. both Accord & TSX has 5speed Auto.
CC/Passat dont have longer wheel base of A4 or 8speed auto. and neither offers B&O or 3rd generation of MMI of Audi. suspension setup is another different. CC cannot pull higher g than A4.. Quality of suspenion is directly proportional to handling ability. Just put Sport package on A4 and it will pull 0.92g.
VW CC cant do it no matter what tire and suspension setup you do. The quality of material, electronics, suspension, engine power delivery is way down the line of A4. I am not even going into NVH levels and heat insulation. It is ridculous to compare A4 with CC.

A4
http://www.germancarforum.com/intern...swagen-cc.html
On the road, the Audi's tires give up long before the chassis loses its poise, so driving at the limit of adhesion is ridiculously easy. Oversteer remains off the menu, though this new A4's handling balance is more neutral than ever before, so you can toss it into the corners — a dynamic that contributes to its solid 70 mph in the slalom.
....theres obviously no point in wasting my time arguing you with this because you clearly do not have any idea what you are talking about.

1) Coupe styling has nothing to do with Cd. If you had any knowledge about cars, you would know that the best aerodynamic shape is the hatchback styles of Prius and such. Great example is the E-Class Mercedes vs the CLS. The CLS costs more despite being a "smaller" car that is based off the E-Class with one less seat due to its coupe-like styling. If you knew anything you would also know the CLS also has a worse Cd than the E-Class. There is a premium price for the style. You are comparing two different classes of cars but I really doubt any form of evidence or logic is going to change your mind.

2)You said yourself just right now it is ridiculous to compare the CC to the A4. I agree. Which is what I had originally said. Re-read ur original post when you based your entire argument off the A4 vs CC.

Also just in case you did not know, VW/Audi are from the same parent company of Volkswagen Audi Group. They produce various brands and Audi is their premium brand. There is no argument for this at all. Their mainstream brand is Volkswagen (which by the way...means people car...as in a car for mass public and not the premium market). They also have "budget" brands overseas of Skoda and Seat. With their exotic brands of Lamborgini and Bugatti (and a large stake in Porsche, although they have a more independent management).
Old 07-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Craig-D
Did anyone notice that this article states the Euro Accord also has a 6 speed auto tranny? If true, why the hell is Acura still using a 5 speed in its supposedly upscale brand version?
Yea, I picked-up on that too. I also understand that some variant of the Euro comes with auto-sensing wipers. By my reckoning I've now heard of the following:

- Active Corning lights
- BI-Xenon elements
- Auto-sensing Wipers
- Collision Mitigating Braking System
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Active Cruise Control

When you consider the full range of features the platform can be configured with it's surprising how few of these goodies are included with the two current Acura packages. We can only assume it has something to do with "value engineering" or maybe some DOT red tape. Interesting that we did see the 6 spd auto show up on the latest TL as a mid-life kicker.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by denwhat
....theres obviously no point in wasting my time arguing you with this because you clearly do not have any idea what you are talking about.

1) Coupe styling has nothing to do with Cd. If you had any knowledge about cars, you would know that the best aerodynamic shape is the hatchback styles of Prius and such. Great example is the E-Class Mercedes vs the CLS. The CLS costs more despite being a "smaller" car that is based off the E-Class with one less seat due to its coupe-like styling. If you knew anything you would also know the CLS also has a worse Cd than the E-Class. There is a premium price for the style. You are comparing two different classes of cars but I really doubt any form of evidence or logic is going to change your mind.
And do you think developing Prius is cheaper than CLS? Untill recently Toyota had world largest R&D budget for past 30 years in Automotive and i am pretty most of it went to developing Hybrid. not improving Corrola/Camry.
Second your are comparing CLS with E class. Do you think ordinary E class can pull more Gs than CLS?. does CLS has shorte wheel base than E that compromised ride? does CLS has lower grade suspension than E?. I am not even going into lights?
Does CLS have lower quality interior than E class? when every thing is either better in CLS and CLS is limited production vehicle by far why it should be Cheaper?. There is no rock bottom 4 cylinder CLS like VW CC around the world to make sheet metal cheaper.. The Cheapest CLS is CLS250 blue efficiency diesel and that cost almost three times cheapest VW CC.
2)You said yourself just right now it is ridiculous to compare the CC to the A4. I agree. Which is what I had originally said. Re-read ur original post when you based your entire argument off the A4 vs CC.

Also just in case you did not know, VW/Audi are from the same parent company of Volkswagen Audi Group. They produce various brands and Audi is their premium brand. There is no argument for this at all. Their mainstream brand is Volkswagen (which by the way...means people car...as in a car for mass public and not the premium market). They also have "budget" brands overseas of Skoda and Seat. With their exotic brands of Lamborgini and Bugatti (and a large stake in Porsche, although they have a more independent management).
Audi is premium dont mean that is expensive. Price and premium have no correlation. . Audi is the cheaper brand when you look at actual content, quality, funcionality, handling, warranty.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. NC
I always assumed that Acura is entry level luxury, it's not meant to compete with the Germans but possibly with Lexus/Infinity but provides a good stepping stone in that direction. The TSX is def stiffer in the suspension department too, it's also trying to picture itself as a "sporty" alternative. So entry level sport I guess?
I agree the TSX isn't meant to compete with Audi, BMW, and Mercedes -- in the U.S. market. But it's quite different elsewhere, such as Europe and South Africa, where the German marques sell versions with small displacement four cylinder engines, such as the 320i sedan I saw everywhere in South Africa last year. (Globally, I suspect the 2.4 litre engine is on the large side.)

As a result, the TSX/Accord has some direct competition from the Germans in those markets, and it does well. I picked up a South African car magazine last year, which rated the Accord the best in its segment.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Craig-D
Did anyone notice that this article states the Euro Accord also has a 6 speed auto tranny? If true, why the hell is Acura still using a 5 speed in its supposedly upscale brand version?
Its a shame that Acura won't drop in the 6AT in the TSX if its available elsewhere.

After taking a look at the Honda South Africa website, it looks like only the 5AT is available, so perhaps the article is off a bit. Either way there is no excuse to not have a 6 speed auto these days.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Advanced

6AT will available with 2012 TSX....

Originally Posted by JPSMAN
Its a shame that Acura won't drop in the 6AT in the TSX if its available elsewhere.

After taking a look at the Honda South Africa website, it looks like only the 5AT is available, so perhaps the article is off a bit. Either way there is no excuse to not have a 6 speed auto these days.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Advanced

6AT will be available with 2012 TSX....

Originally Posted by JPSMAN

Old 07-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Goodbye.

Received 584 Likes on 423 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX2011
6AT will be available with 2012 TSX....
no it won't. My dealer source told me so.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Advanced

ha ha...my dealer told it will. Let's wait n see!

Originally Posted by TSXy Luster
no it won't. My dealer source told me so.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
i doubt there will be a 6at tsx anytime soon. Acura had difficulty producing enough numbers for MDX, ZDX and new TLs. with the post tsunami crisis i can't see why it would improve things. perhaps 2013 or 2014.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:37 AM
Safety Car

Acura should atleast put 6AT in V6 TSX. since TL FWD has the same engine. i doubt it will be that big of stretch. and TL sales are not good enough so they would have extra capacity for supplying TSX with 6AT transmission. even RL got 6AT for such limited sale potential.
JD power news from Germany

http://www.honda.de/news/carnews_72513.php
Old 07-13-2011, 12:39 AM
Advanced

If they won't come up with 6AT for 2012, I would be really happy coz I just bought my 2011 couple weeks ago!

Originally Posted by pickler
i doubt there will be a 6at tsx anytime soon. Acura had difficulty producing enough numbers for MDX, ZDX and new TLs. with the post tsunami crisis i can't see why it would improve things. perhaps 2013 or 2014.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Burning Brakes

A4=Jetta.....not CC or passat......thats pretty obvious i mean they arent based on the same platform but they use a lot of the same parts. Look at it from the model range....the Jetta is the small sedan with a FWD the A4 is the small sedan with the base model being FWD they both have the 2.0t in some models which is pretty much the universal engine for the VAG just like the Vq is for Nissan..
Old 11-04-2015, 07:20 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to revive this thread .. but during my travels I was in New Zealand. . And I came across the accord. . I was blown away by it looking exactly like a tsx.. I had imagined why .. but this post confirmed it

Accord in Auckland
Old 11-05-2015, 11:14 AM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
Run, it's a thread!!!

Technically, that's a first gen TSX, but yes you are correct.

2nd gen TSX is the Accord Euro in other markets.