SRS LIGHT and CAR REFUND POLICY

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2000, 05:49 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post SRS LIGHT and CAR REFUND POLICY

I know this is a old isssue, but what's interesting is this. I have my car now for a month right.. and CRAP! SRS light is on now and won't go off. I'm 200% sure is the stupid seatbelt buckle thing? However, i thought only certain cars made at certain time period had that problem. Before i picked up my car from Acura, i asked them to check my car to see if the seatbelt buckle is changed already. They said it is and now it's ON!? I called Acura of North Toronto, gonna fix it along with my spoiler and my front bumper. This is not pleasing me a tiny bit. I bought a ACURA not some Huyundai (Now, even Hyundai cars are better quality than ACURA), this shit is really ****ing pissing me off.... Is there anyways to return this ****ed up shit car and ask them to give me a new one??? Isn't there some policy about if the car is fixed to a certain number of time in a certain period then i can change it? I'm not sure.. please help out.

Also, is it me or what... when i turn on highway ramps... around 50km/h, I can feel my back wheels are slipping.. or u know.. forced to move sideway or soemthing... swing around.. i'm not sure.. but that's how it felt in the car..... so... oh wells!!

Last thing... Now I really do'nt like ACURA no more... I like this car, but **** the quality.

I rather get a toyota corolla.... wuwuw~~

i'm so sad.

RiceBoy-TL

Old 11-04-2000, 06:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

supposedly if you have some kind of object sitting in the passenger seat, the srs light goes on.

i guess your screwed. your stuck with this ****ed up shit car, as you put it
Old 11-04-2000, 07:19 PM

There is no lemon law in Canada, so even if it takes 10 repairs you are stuck with the car. The only recourse is to go through arbitration and mediation. You can contact the Automobile Protection Agency to get more information on that.
Old 11-04-2000, 08:02 PM
Pro

too bad you had to deal with acura of north toronto
Old 11-04-2000, 09:12 PM
Racer

Angry

Ya well join the boat. Have 9700+ miles and my f**cking light came on today. Scheduled to take it in next week. Bastards....

------------------
2000 Laguana Green / NAVI, 2 x JL12W6s, Pioneer Premier P920R, MB Quarts Coaxial, PPI 2600.2 and 4400.2 , Pioneer 620 6Disc
My Acura
Old 11-05-2000, 12:16 AM
Pro

Originally posted by riceboy_TL:
I know this is a old isssue, but what's interesting is this. I have my car now for a month right.. and CRAP! SRS light is on now and won't go off. I'm 200% sure is the stupid seatbelt buckle thing? However, i thought only certain cars made at certain time period had that problem. Before i picked up my car from Acura, i asked them to check my car to see if the seatbelt buckle is changed already. They said it is and now it's ON!? I called Acura of North Toronto, gonna fix it along with my spoiler and my front bumper. This is not pleasing me a tiny bit. I bought a ACURA not some Huyundai (Now, even Hyundai cars are better quality than ACURA), this shit is really ****ing pissing me off.... Is there anyways to return this ****ed up shit car and ask them to give me a new one??? Isn't there some policy about if the car is fixed to a certain number of time in a certain period then i can change it? I'm not sure.. please help out.

Also, is it me or what... when i turn on highway ramps... around 50km/h, I can feel my back wheels are slipping.. or u know.. forced to move sideway or soemthing... swing around.. i'm not sure.. but that's how it felt in the car..... so... oh wells!!

Last thing... Now I really do'nt like ACURA no more... I like this car, but **** the quality.

I rather get a toyota corolla.... wuwuw~~

i'm so sad.

RiceBoy-TL

My friend had the same problem , but it was with the Lexus , she accidentally forgot to release the hand-brake and drive for around 1-2 minutes , and the SRS light came up , she released the handbrake , and the light's still there, should not be something that a dealer couldn't fix
Old 11-05-2000, 12:22 AM
Instructor

oh baby... guess i'm F....ed over.. haha..
actually.. i thought it was some serious problem when the light first came on right. Suppose it's the seatbelt problem then i'll feel better. (at least most ppl had it).
anyways.. i love this car.. but the quality.. arrrrrrr....

i just decorated my car.... car air refresher.. Dancing Light, some dollthing... and a dog and a pikachu at the back.. haha.. it's fun.

Anyways... Enjoy your TL... I will try to enjoy mine. ^_^

Old 11-05-2000, 12:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Question

Do you have a helm manual? If you do it explains how to reset the memory for the SRS. If you don't it is pretty easy to do.
I had to reset mine after I changed my steering wheel. Just have to jumper a connector for the SRS with a paperclip.
Once you have the light on the memory will still show it even after you remove the battery or reset the ECU.

------------------
00 non navi TL Firepepper red/ebony, Value Sports Kit, Saber Foglamps, Factory rear spoiler, Gold and wood kits, wood wheel, 18" Altstadt's + Dunlop SP9000's, Apexi exhaust, A'pexi coilovers. Next up who knows?