Navigation works but clock not working - Page 11 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

Navigation works but clock not working

 
Old 04-10-2018, 05:57 PM
  #401  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 207
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Love when things goo smoothly. Entered once this tread in August and forget about it. Entered again before 10 days and right above me was phone nr to call. Call for 5 minutes, get CD for free, sit in car for 10 minutes till it fix itself. Done.
bbsitum is offline  
Old 04-10-2018, 07:06 PM
  #402  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 42
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
The blank screen issue can be fixed with an update to the newest firmware update and the latest maps. The problem is you will need to force the firmware update the nav will not do it on its own. I was at Acura yesterday courtesy of Acura customer care. The tech and I tried everything I had already tried and nothing worked until the tech offered to do a ram wipe. He had to connect the diagnostic tool to do this. After the wipe he was able to update the firmware to the latest and install the 2.A0
maps.
Now the nav works as it should. If i turn the car on and them off and back on the nav boots up like it should , no more blank screen , and the clock works as well.

Hopefully this helps some one.
eddiepants is offline  
Old 04-10-2018, 09:23 PM
  #403  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 207
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
^^^ Well as I celebrated smooth install and jump in car everything was ok till I went somewhere. Jump in car again and I get black screen. However after a few start offs etc it come back and work again. Will let you know if something will happen again. Update is obviously not stable and act like updates for windows 95 back than. Honestly do not care much if it will not mess with auto climate control. Maybe that "firmware update" is already in my CD as I get it at 4/9/17.

Last edited by bbsitum; 04-10-2018 at 09:27 PM.
bbsitum is offline  
Old 04-12-2018, 01:43 PM
  #404  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: GEORGIA U.S.A.
Posts: 162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheWeez View Post
Nope. Went by the instructions and had no issues at all updating. Took maybe 10 minutes total.
One more quick question if I may. Which disk version did you upgrade from when you successfully installed the fix and v2.A0 disk?
fasTLane is offline  
Old 04-12-2018, 09:24 PM
  #405  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 207
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by allyn View Post
Looks like I spoke too soon. Now more than half the time when I start the car I get the "completely dead navi screen" problem. Other times it works perfectly normally with working clock. No rhyme or reason. Tonight when I got home (with navi screen working), I turned the car off and back on and navi was dead.

Anybody else seeing this with 2.50 disc?
Exactly same problem exactly same disc 2.50 . Exactly same I spoke to soon. Half of time working is better than none. "No reason" is boot time mistake. Probably related to RAM clock. Tm it is software mistake and we can not do anything about it. Mirin join date 2001.

Last edited by bbsitum; 04-12-2018 at 09:31 PM.
bbsitum is offline  
Old 04-18-2018, 08:46 AM
  #406  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: GEORGIA U.S.A.
Posts: 162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheWeez View Post
Just received my update disc. They also included the 2013 V2.A0 maps update disc. Followed the instructions and updated without issue. Got the most updated maps out of the deal too.
I tried to get the same fix from Acura but they say I have the wrong version on my car for this method. ?? Which version did you have before your fix? Seems I could upgrade to that version and go from there. Unless I am missing something...
fasTLane is offline  
Old 04-18-2018, 05:36 PM
  #407  
I Wanna Beer
 
TheWeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Age: 36
Posts: 2,023
Thanks: 0
Thanked 72 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by fasTLane View Post
I tried to get the same fix from Acura but they say I have the wrong version on my car for this method. ?? Which version did you have before your fix? Seems I could upgrade to that version and go from there. Unless I am missing something...
My original disc was 2.05B. They sent me 2.40 to upgrade to first (it runs a software upgrade in addition to having the newest maps) and then I installed the clock fix disc. After I was done, I kept the new maps disc they sent me in there and it works fine.
TheWeez is online now  
Old 04-19-2018, 08:37 PM
  #408  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: GEORGIA U.S.A.
Posts: 162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheWeez View Post
My original disc was 2.05B. They sent me 2.40 to upgrade to first (it runs a software upgrade in addition to having the newest maps) and then I installed the clock fix disc. After I was done, I kept the new maps disc they sent me in there and it works fine.
Thank you so much for that information but I am still confused. You wrote that you had received 2 discs. Is 2.40 the same disc as the 2013 V2.A0?

btw, I also used the 2.05 disc until I upgraded several years ago to 2.20. The only new disc I received was a fix disc that only partially worked. Wish I had your luck.
fasTLane is offline  
Old 04-19-2018, 09:35 PM
  #409  
I Wanna Beer
 
TheWeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Age: 36
Posts: 2,023
Thanks: 0
Thanked 72 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by fasTLane View Post
Thank you so much for that information but I am still confused. You wrote that you had received 2 discs. Is 2.40 the same disc as the 2013 V2.A0?

btw, I also used the 2.05 disc until I upgraded several years ago to 2.20. The only new disc I received was a fix disc that only partially worked. Wish I had your luck.
They sent me 2 discs. Maps 2.20 and the fix disc.
TheWeez is online now  
Old 04-19-2018, 10:34 PM
  #410  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: GEORGIA U.S.A.
Posts: 162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheWeez View Post
They sent me 2 discs. Maps 2.20 and the fix disc.
2.20? You meant 2.40?
fasTLane is offline  
Old 04-19-2018, 10:35 PM
  #411  
I Wanna Beer
 
TheWeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Age: 36
Posts: 2,023
Thanks: 0
Thanked 72 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by fasTLane View Post
2.20? You meant 2.40?
Whatever the very latest is, released in 2013.
TheWeez is online now  
Old 04-19-2018, 10:55 PM
  #412  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: GEORGIA U.S.A.
Posts: 162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheWeez View Post
Whatever the very latest is, released in 2013.
Thank you! Could you tell me what version your fix disc shows on the printed surface? I dont mean to annoy you but this could be important.
fasTLane is offline  
Old 04-19-2018, 10:59 PM
  #413  
I Wanna Beer
 
TheWeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Age: 36
Posts: 2,023
Thanks: 0
Thanked 72 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by fasTLane View Post
Thank you! Could you tell me what version your fix disc shows on the printed surface? I dont mean to annoy you but this could be important.
2.12.80

Applies to 2.80, 2.90, 2.A0
TheWeez is online now  
Old 04-20-2018, 09:30 AM
  #414  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: GEORGIA U.S.A.
Posts: 162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheWeez View Post
2.12.80

Applies to 2.80, 2.90, 2.A0
It is so cool that this method worked for you.
In my case the clock fix worked but when my unit is off for less than 20 seconds and powered up I get no boot up with a blank screen. If it is off more than 20 seconds it boots up like it should.
fasTLane is offline  
Old 06-07-2018, 10:08 PM
  #415  
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Age: 50
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
I think i have figured out a work around for the folks who updated their NAVI and got the clock working again but now reported the screen is blank. Someone posted the screen comes on if you turn the key on but then goes out when you start the engine. This got me thinking and I was able to figure out that if i turn off the engine and wait 18 seconds then start the car everything works fine. Here is the key to making it work - First after waiting 18 seconds with the key in the OFF position then simply start the car but do NOT Pause when the key is in the on position...just turn the key hard and fast from OFF to start and the screen should work as normal. If you pause when the key is in the on position but before the starter kicks in the what is happening is the NAVI is trying to boot up and loses power while the starter is grabbing all the voltage from the battery but since you are required to wait 18 seconds after powering off before trying to power on again this is causing the situation. I assume that Acura could fix the problem with another update disk where they fix the problem they introduced by fixing our clocks but i feel like this is a good enough work around for me! Hope this helps! Basically the fix is to turn the key quickly when you start the car and the navi will boot up after the starter releases the 12 volts it uses to turn the engine over. Voila! I love both my Acura vehicles and if this is the only thing i had to worry about after 16 years and 140,000 miles I can live with it. Mine is an Acura tl type -S 2002.
Jim O'Hare is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jim O'Hare For This Useful Post:
bbsitum (06-19-2018), HisHeirness23 (09-29-2018)
Old 09-29-2018, 12:02 AM
  #416  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Age: 33
Posts: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim O'Hare View Post
I think i have figured out a work around for the folks who updated their NAVI and got the clock working again but now reported the screen is blank. Someone posted the screen comes on if you turn the key on but then goes out when you start the engine. This got me thinking and I was able to figure out that if i turn off the engine and wait 18 seconds then start the car everything works fine. Here is the key to making it work - First after waiting 18 seconds with the key in the OFF position then simply start the car but do NOT Pause when the key is in the on position...just turn the key hard and fast from OFF to start and the screen should work as normal. If you pause when the key is in the on position but before the starter kicks in the what is happening is the NAVI is trying to boot up and loses power while the starter is grabbing all the voltage from the battery but since you are required to wait 18 seconds after powering off before trying to power on again this is causing the situation. I assume that Acura could fix the problem with another update disk where they fix the problem they introduced by fixing our clocks but i feel like this is a good enough work around for me! Hope this helps! Basically the fix is to turn the key quickly when you start the car and the navi will boot up after the starter releases the 12 volts it uses to turn the engine over. Voila! I love both my Acura vehicles and if this is the only thing i had to worry about after 16 years and 140,000 miles I can live with it. Mine is an Acura tl type -S 2002.
Just performed the update on my 2001 CL and noticed this exact same behavior. Attempted to turn on the car without pausing in ACC and the screen came right up! Appreciate the info!
HisHeirness23 is offline  
Old 09-29-2018, 02:10 AM
  #417  
DJF
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Burbank, CA
Age: 65
Posts: 154
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
One better. After calling the Acura customer service number, I was sent to my Acura dealer who pulled my Nav drive (DVD unit) and they sent it to Alpine who revamped the clock and memory...and now it works perfectly. I got tired of putting the key in, turning it one click, throwing salt over my left shoulder, waiting 30 seconds and starting my car. Acura was fantastic in repairing my GPS on a 2002 CL-S...something I donít think any other car mfg would do.
DJF is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to DJF For This Useful Post:
HisHeirness23 (10-27-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 10:01 PM
  #418  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Age: 33
Posts: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DJF View Post
One better. After calling the Acura customer service number, I was sent to my Acura dealer who pulled my Nav drive (DVD unit) and they sent it to Alpine who revamped the clock and memory...and now it works perfectly. I got tired of putting the key in, turning it one click, throwing salt over my left shoulder, waiting 30 seconds and starting my car. Acura was fantastic in repairing my GPS on a 2002 CL-S...something I donít think any other car mfg would do.
Took your advice and called Acura to follow-up on the correction disc and how it introduced that issue. I now have an appointment tomorrow at the Acura dealership to have them remove the GPS and send out to the OEM manufacturer to fix. Will keep this thread posted, but wanted to thank everyone with all of the great advice!
HisHeirness23 is offline  
Old 12-21-2018, 02:32 PM
  #419  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Age: 33
Posts: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Final Update:

The dealer installed the Navi unit back in my CL and found that the issues were not corrected. They sent the unit back to Alpine and I waited a few more weeks before hearing back. Recently, they reinstalled the Navi unit and now it works! No need to turn the key in the ignition super fast or to wait 30 seconds in between shutting off the vehicle, before restarting. Thank you, everyone, for your advice!
HisHeirness23 is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
gavriil
Automotive News
116
05-03-2016 06:25 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navigation works but clock not working


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.