I Almost Lost Everything In My Life...my girl, my friend, my life.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 10:52 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Almost Lost Everything In My Life...my girl, my friend, my life.

So i was on a 4 lane freeway around 8PM going north on US 59 in the fast lane. I was going to pass but the guy in the next lane braked so i swerved out of his way. I was going the speed limit just there was dense traffic (1.5 second gap). So i fishtailed into the concrete barrier. Bounced off the barrier and spun out into 3-4 lanes of traffic making a big ass U turn all across the lanes. 1/4 of the way into the U turn i lost a wheel. So basically i made that U turn on 3 wheels.
Upon hitting the wall the first time my car jumped. The landing bent 2 wheels inward and the front wheel on the driver's side came off. Acutally...ripped off. The rim ripped off completely the only thing left was the lugnuts and the center cap area. After spinning out into 3-4 lanes of traffic i came back in and ended up hitting the barrier again square on and spinning my car in a circle again. Airbags popped including the driver air bag inside the seat.

I had my girlfriend in the car and another friend. Both were NOT buckled up. One was in the back and my girl was sitting shotty. God was watching over us that night. I was lucky i didn't hit anyone else when i pulled away from the wall and swung back into it again. If i did i probably wouldn't be here right now. My gas tank was also crushed from the wall. That could have been pretty dangerous as well. My girlfriend's ok now she was unconcious a few minutes after the crash. The other girl in my car was ok too with a few bruises.

The first people on the scene were the good samaritans. Luckily one of them was a nurse and took care of my girl. Then about 10 seconds later 2 tow trucks come but at least they asked if everyone was ok first. Then a news chopper came. My friends in the waiting room at the hospital said my car was on the news. I guess I had my 15 seconds of fame. So after the news chopper, the ambulance came, then the police, then the firetruck. They took my girl on the ambulance and i went with her. Then they put us in a room while we waited for a doctor. I kept holding her hand all night long and kept on talking to her. I couldn't believe I was responsible. She laid unconscious on the bed until around 1 in the morning. I thought she would have slipped into a coma. I fought back my tears and kept on talking to her. I was so happy she pulled through. She's still in pain and is going to check for internal bleeding today. God I hope she's fine. I love her so much.

I consider this a great lesson learned. I see myself given a second chance in life. I've quit smoking and finally grew up. There are more important things in life than just partying.

The car looked totaled. The claim adjuster is going to look at it today. I didn't bother to take any pictures. It was a nightmare I did not want to remember. Basically front bumper is gone, both headlights smashed, grill bent, hood bent, driver fender smashed flat, driver door cannot be opened anymore, passenger door on driver's side bent down, A pillar and gas door smashed, front tire on driver's side gone including rim, 2 other wheels bent down, windshield smashed, intake ripped in two, airbags deployed, driver's seat ripped, dash collapsed.

As far as mods go, I just had the rear bumper resprayed from a scratch and also had them remove the "A" badge off the trunk and had them seal the holes and respray everything ($300). I also had a AEM cai w/bypass that ripped in two ($250). I had 13% HP Solar Gard tint all around basically gone now ($150). I also removed the exhaust resonator which was about ($50). I had brand new Tein S. tech springs at my house waiting to be installed too ($250). So basically i spent about a grand on my car already. Does anyone want the springs? Email or PM me and tell me a price. I prefer houston buyers and cash would be preferable.

Like a lot of you on this forum, I was infatuated with my car. I was so lucky to have survived this crash. I was so lucky the ones I love wern't hurt either. The more you put into your car, the more you're going to lose if you're ever in that unthinkable situation. Please take care of yourselves and please take care of your cars. I feel like a part of me is gone. I have no car and I don't think my parents are going to get me another car soon anyways. The important thing is i am alive since a car can be replaced but i cannot.

Seriously though, take care guys. Every time anyone is in your car including yourself make sure they are buckled up. I was surprised that the girls in my car were not buckled up. I was the only one.

Drive safe and make good decisions. We have nothing to prove.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:02 AM
formerly known as Guru

Sounds like you had a really tuff night.

I'm glad everyone is okay. Always buckle up I don't see why anyone wouldn't these days.

I was also in an accident recently and feel your pain on the car and recent mods.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:04 AM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
This is a very, very good post nolimitazns...

I have no idea how old you are, but it is certainly nice to hear stuff like this come from younger members...It's often that accidents don't happen with high speeds or racing, rather everyday failings in your driving or avoiding someone else's mistakes. Seatbelts save lives more often than not, and you were indeed lucky this time...I hope all stays well with you and your friends, and remember, ALWAYS buckle up.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:13 AM
Pro

Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad to hear that everyone is ok. Hope your girl checks out ok.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:30 AM
Rock Star

Good Luck Man when u get ur head straight start thhinkin of the new car at the end of the tunnell peace
Old 11-24-2003, 11:35 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Chet03TL-S
Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad to hear that everyone is ok. Hope your girl checks out ok.
definently!
Old 11-24-2003, 12:42 PM
Pro

Thanks for sharing your tragic story with us..im only 18 and this had really reminded that i have done so stupid stuff in my acura and that life is really precious. You right...dont take life for granted and most importantly..buckle up...im glad you came out okay man and hope everyone will learn from this! peaze
Old 11-24-2003, 12:59 PM
New Life

First, I'm glad that everybody is ok, material things can be replaced, life only comes once.
Take care of your girl and yourself and we will be here always if you want to talk, just because you loose your car doesn't mean that you loose your TL family.
Take care:

Jose
Old 11-24-2003, 01:04 PM
9th Gear

Sorry to hear about such a terrible accident. I truly hope things come out best for your girlfriend. Though I think that it is really cool that you have a more sacred view of life after that. Too many things are taken for granted in life. Peace.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:55 PM
TL-S driver

Glad to hear your still alive to write us that story. Good to hear everyone is okay and alive.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel for you man. I'm glad everyone is ok. As maxx96 said, it doesn't matter if yout TL-less, we're still here to talk. Unfortunately the situation was beyond your control...take care of your girl. And about the seatbelts, as much as they may squeak and piss you off, and even though the seatbelt tensioner might be busted, they still save lives.

I recently got stopped by a cop in my area simply doing seatbelt checks. She just pokes her head in the car to make sure everyone has one on. I happen to always put it on before I leave, so no harm done there.

Take care, and stay healthy, cause that's the most important.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

I'm glad you are all right!!!

how old are you?
Old 11-24-2003, 04:09 PM
Instructor

Sorry to hear.

I'm sorry. Glad you and your friends are ok. Be careful out there. Lots of bad drivers in h-town.

My TL is now the car I take my wife and baby in. I hope everything with your car and insurance works out.

Good luck.

S
Old 11-24-2003, 05:27 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

man im sorry.. im glad everybody is ok. like a few people said, a car can be replaced, life cannot...

Good luck man...

@cUr@-TL
Old 11-24-2003, 05:43 PM
Moo
Pro

Wow..Glad to hear everyone's ok.

That's some accident you were in. It's definatley a miracle you all made it out safely. And it's a good thing you're posting your story. Hope everyone makes full recovery.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:02 PM
Rock Star

guess the tl holds up pretty well in an accident.......................................... .sorry we had 2 find out this way peace
Old 11-24-2003, 06:59 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. Man, I'm glad to hear that no one was hurt seriously. Hope everyones doing ok...
Old 11-24-2003, 07:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Soory to hear about your accident. I am glad everyone was okay.

I had a similiarsituation last year in my 02 tl. I hit a cement barrier at 110 mph bounced off did a 360 took some guys back bumper off ,and then slammed into another cement barrier. I truthfullt believe God was with me . I was not wearing a seatbelt ,and just ended up with a black and blue leg ,and a sprined pinky. My car was totaled. The only thing salvagable was the Navi and 1 tailight.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:31 PM
Burning Brakes

I hope for the best. Hope you and your friends are recovering well. Someone was indeed watching and decided that it wasn't anybody's time to go. Forget the car, man. That's replaceable. The most important thing is that everyone is alive and can talk about what happened. Sometimes, it takes something serious to make us realize what we overlook in our lives.

Things are for sure- You WILL have better car next time and most importantly, you WILL be a much better driver. This is what I call experience. Too bad it doesn't happen to most, and if it does, some can't talk about it anymore.

Yo'ure absolutely right, man. We have nothing to prove out there. To those with their TLs still intact, enjoy the ride, but most of all, enjoy life.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Glad everyone pulled thru ... you're absolutely right.. .we have nothing to prove... driving should be for your own personal experiene and pleasure... not to be faster than someone else,...

Best of luck in the future.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:59 PM
Advanced

Thanks everyone for showing your love. I really appreciate it. My friends called me nonstop until 3:30 in the morning that night to make sure things were okay. I'm only 17 and i turn 18 in February. Some people may say we live in a sick, twisted, and cruel world, but in spite of everything that's happened in my life, I can now say that things really aren't that bad. There are still many people out there with open arms and pure hearts.

Again thanks for showing your love everyone. I'll let yall know what happens later on.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:24 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Glad to hear that no one was seriously hurt. You're very lucky that the car didn't roll, considering your friends weren't buckled up. I've seen videos of people getting tossed out of cars and getting killed because they weren't buckled up. Sorry if that sounds horrible, but it happens none too often, and I'm glad it didn't happen to you.

R.I.P. to your car, for saving your and your friends' lives by sacrificing its own.

Take it slow from now on. Good luck with everything.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:25 PM
Pro

man sorry to hear that good thing no one got hurt hope everything works out for you i had almost the same incident as you a while back too.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:03 AM
Cruisin'

sorry to hear this .

thank god everyone is ok
Old 11-25-2003, 12:04 AM
boo

dang.. glad everyone is gonna be ok.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:19 PM
Still sluggin' it out

Life is very, very precious. I'm happy to hear that everyone involved is still in one piece. Fock the car--it's people's lives that can never be replaced...

GOOD LUCK!!
Old 11-25-2003, 01:52 PM
Intermediate

sorry to hear that!
Old 11-25-2003, 03:47 PM
8th Gear

glad to hear that everyone was ok... something to be thankful this coming thanksgiving... but it does suck that things like this have to happen to give ppl a reality check... i mean... reality checks can be so damn harsh... anyways.. take cares and remember to buckle up!
Old 11-25-2003, 04:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Bro I can totally relate, Once my dumbass fell asleep behind wheel coming home late at nite. Needless to say, the car I was driving back then (accord i think) hit the middle wall on the highway and was totalled. WOW that was SCARY.

But, yea def dont take nethin for granted and take caution while driving