Key fob issue, nav resetting issue - help

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 10:11 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Key fob issue, nav resetting issue - help

Ok, I have been searching the forums and cannot seem to find what I am looking for, I find things that are similar but not exact and I do not want to mess up my car. So with that said if it has already been addressed I apologize -

I have an 05 RL, the past month or so the driver side door would only unlock via sensor sometimes and when I would put it in park it wouldn't always unluck. I would do it manually. I was at the dealer for service and of course it worked during every test. A few days after the service I couldn't get the driver side to unlock, even by pressing the remote but the other doors would unlock so I opened and reached over to manually unlock the driver side. Well the other day it happened again and I got frustrated and started pressing the buttons in different patterns and viola it unlocked. I thought cool, when I got in the car all my Nav settings were back to factory and same with my radio stations. No biggie, I set them to my liking. Only problem now is everytime I get in the car my nav is back to factory! the radio presets stay but not my nav. I have been trying to read the manual and see what I can do. I then try to set the locks buy pressing the "info" button and what comes up is unrecogonized driver or something like that and won't let me do anything. Driving is fine and the locks have been working perfect.....

Sorry for being long winded but I wanted to give as much detail as possible. I was going to try the key programming steps I found on here but was afraid of risking making the car immobilized.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance
Glen
Old 06-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,244 Likes on 4,855 Posts
Sounds like you need to re-sync your fob. The instructions are on the back of the fob. If your electronic problems persist, check your battery.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Pro

Received 114 Likes on 89 Posts
Even though it doesn't sound like it in reading the thread, this guy is having the same issue you are...

https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-2005-2012-76/new-nav-problem-can-you-reset-personal-pin-if-u-have-4-digit-anti-theft-code-822276/

Bottom line is this, your fob got "unlinked" to the car. Think of them as profile settings. There is a Driver 1 and Driver 2 and a no driver (when you unlock a car with the fob unlinked). You can tell what profile you are in when you look at the MID at the Welcome message. It either says Welcome Driver 1, Welcome Driver 2, or just Welcome. If it says just Welcome by itself, you are in the no driver profile where you cannot change or set ANY of the personalized settings in the MID or the NAV.

Look on the back of the fob for instructions on how to relink your fob to the car.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:35 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And just like that a simple solution that worked!, thaks guys!! My driver side is still having the orginal issue sporadicaly but oh well at least I am not redoing the nav everytime.

Thanks again
Old 06-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,244 Likes on 4,855 Posts
A lot of people have had issues with their door handles which caused weird locking issues and alarm issues. Others have found their battery to be the cause of electrical issues. If your alarm starts to act up I would have the handles replaced.