Notices

Transmission filter

 
Old 03-17-2019, 06:48 PM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Age: 35
Posts: 18
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission filter

How any of your guys change your transmission filter.. I have 30k miles about to change my fuild donít donít see requirement to change transmission filter.. any info is greatly appreciate ....
Rdx2017 is offline  
Old 03-17-2019, 07:07 PM
  #2  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Age: 66
Posts: 117
Likes: 0
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Great DYI here in the following link
https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rdx-...filter-961112/
Poolman is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Rdx2017 (03-26-2019)
Old 03-26-2019, 11:13 PM
  #3  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Age: 35
Posts: 18
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the link but it doesnít give me a answers to my question.. can some on tell me transmission filter change is a must or no need for 2017 Acura RDX... please need your guys input .. thanks agian
Rdx2017 is offline  
Old 03-27-2019, 11:52 AM
  #4  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 323
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
What does the owner's manual say? If it doesn't say to change it, I wouldn't worry about it. If it was needed, I'm sure they'd say so if for no other reason than the dealer could charge you a couple hundred dollars for it.
markAZ is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Rdx2017 (03-27-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 08:01 AM
  #5  
JD8
Registered Member
 
JD8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: North Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 82
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by markAZ View Post
What does the owner's manual say? If it doesn't say to change it, I wouldn't worry about it. If it was needed, I'm sure they'd say so if for no other reason than the dealer could charge you a couple hundred dollars for it.
You have a lot more confidence in the owner's manual than I do. That said, I don't believe the 2G RDX even has an AT fluid filter. One thing I'd highly recommend (which actually goes against the recommendations in the manual) is switch to Maxlife ATF via the 3x drain and refill. This has made a noticeable improvement in driveability for me and lots of other folks on the forum.
JD8 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
jjrphs (03-28-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 08:13 AM
  #6  
Registered Member
 
Tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Right Here
Posts: 412
Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by JD8 View Post
That said, I don't believe the 2G RDX even has an AT fluid filter.
Well actually, it does.
Tech is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Rdx2017 (03-28-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 07:16 PM
  #7  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 96
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by JD8 View Post
One thing I'd highly recommend (which actually goes against the recommendations in the manual) is switch to Maxlife ATF via the 3x drain and refill. This has made a noticeable improvement in driveability for me and lots of other folks on the forum.
AGREED x1000
jjrphs is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Rdx2017 (03-28-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 09:32 PM
  #8  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Age: 35
Posts: 18
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks.. never heard of max life AFT... is there a thread for this info.. please sent one so I can read up on it
Rdx2017 is offline  
Old 03-29-2019, 09:48 AM
  #9  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 96
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Rdx2017 View Post
Thanks.. never heard of max life AFT... is there a thread for this info.. please sent one so I can read up on it
Here's a thread where I relate my own personal experience with MaxLife ATF MaxLife + S-VCM Controller

If you want to go deeper, just google "MaxLife ATF in Honda Transmissions" There's loads of info out there
jjrphs is offline  
Old 03-29-2019, 11:09 AM
  #10  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Age: 66
Posts: 117
Likes: 0
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Rdx2017 View Post
Thanks for the link but it doesnít give me a answers to my question.. can some on tell me transmission filter change is a must or no need for 2017 Acura RDX... please need your guys input .. thanks agian
Oh excuse me, Just thought you might be asking, how to change the filter,,didn't understand you wanted to know if you ever should change the filter. I change my filters as a matter of being proactive towards maintenance.
Poolman is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Rdx2017 (03-29-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 11:30 AM
  #11  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Age: 35
Posts: 18
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank u pool men
Rdx2017 is offline  
Old 03-29-2019, 11:31 AM
  #12  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Age: 35
Posts: 18
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Poolman View Post
Oh excuse me, Just thought you might be asking, how to change the filter,,didn't understand you wanted to know if you ever should change the filter. I change my filters as a matter of being proactive towards maintenance.
thank u Poolman
Rdx2017 is offline  
Old 03-29-2019, 05:46 PM
  #13  
Registered Member
 
Tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Right Here
Posts: 412
Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Rdx2017 View Post
Thanks.. never heard of max life AFT... is there a thread for this info.. please sent one so I can read up on it
From Valvoline...

I'll wait till I am off warranty since it states "Max Life is not an OEM licensed product".
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
US_Val_ML_ATF_EN.pdf (572.6 KB, 11 views)
Tech is offline  
Old 03-29-2019, 08:29 PM
  #14  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Age: 35
Posts: 18
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tech View Post
From Valvoline...

I'll wait till I am off warranty since it states "Max Life is not an OEM licensed product".

thanks thatís what I was thinking about. Too.. thanks again for the heads up
Rdx2017 is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
sbuswell
Car Parts for Sale
5
08-06-2006 07:27 PM
AsahiToro
Car Talk
4
04-02-2006 04:11 PM
willang
Second Generation CL Discussion (2000-2003)
14
05-04-2002 07:20 AM
eegret
First Generation CL Discussion (1997-1999)
10
07-26-2001 11:55 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transmission filter


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.