Notices

AcuraLink app update

 
Old 03-31-2019, 06:52 PM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 232
Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
AcuraLink app update

received an update to Acuralink this week.

App warned me today that every system in the vehicle had failed. Interesting, since I never started it today. I hope it starts tomorrow !
R. White is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 09:54 AM
  #2  
Inveterate Tinkerer
 
Gadgetjq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Surprise, Az
Posts: 202
Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts
App probably thought it was April 1st
Gadgetjq is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Comfy (04-02-2019)
Old 04-01-2019, 12:48 PM
  #3  
wsw
Registered Member
 
wsw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Altoona, Iowa
Posts: 16
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Mine too. It's OK.

Originally Posted by R. White View Post
received an update to Acuralink this week.

App warned me today that every system in the vehicle had failed. Interesting, since I never started it today. I hope it starts tomorrow !
My app also updated a couple of days ago. It also showed a bunch of erroneous alerts. I started the car up and backed it out of the garage onto the driveway and then put it back into the garage. I then started the app, it then retrieved the vehicle status and everything was fine, no alerts. They changed the app quite a bit. It now automatically retrieves the status when the app is started. Also you have to pull up a pull-up menu from the bottom of the page to get the "lock/unlock" , "Locate", "Lights", and "horn" commands. The account settings page is more detailed. You have to scroll the main page up in order to get to "Maps", "Service", etc.

I tested out the sending of a destination and route from the app to the car navigation system and it worked fine. Actually it worked better than trying to enter a new destination into the system with the in-dash controls.
wsw is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 03:32 PM
  #4  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ontario
Posts: 426
Received 92 Likes on 75 Posts
The updated version of the app (ver 4.0.0 and 4.0.1) will not work with my 2016 Elite, with either of my two Android devices.

The app opens to a screen with a header "RDX - 2016 RDX".

The only entry on this screen is a button that allows me to schedule a service appointment with my dealer.

If I click on header itself, a list of "My vehicles" opens up. "Of course there is a single entry for my 2016 RDX. If I click on the "info icon" for my 2016 I get all the details, such as year, model, and VIN.

Unfortunately I can see none of the information from my vehicle, nor can I control anything on my vehicle.

I reinstalled an old copy of the app (Version 3), and it still works perfectly (as perfectly as before anyway).

Has anyone else lost total visibility of their RDX with this new version, particularly with a 2016 model?
RDX-Rick is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 07:35 PM
  #5  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 232
Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by R. White View Post
received an update to Acuralink this week.

App warned me today that every system in the vehicle had failed. Interesting, since I never started it today. I hope it starts tomorrow !
Car ran ok. All the error messages are still there though.
R. White is offline  
Old 04-05-2019, 10:35 AM
  #6  
wsw
Registered Member
 
wsw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Altoona, Iowa
Posts: 16
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
The latest update to the update.

Originally Posted by R. White View Post
Car ran ok. All the error messages are still there though.
I just got another update for the AcuraLink app. The notice from Google Play said that Acura had fixed some bugs and also made the app more usable. At first the new update wouldn't finish retrieving the vehicle status so I backed out of it and started over from scratch. Then the app worked fine. Retrieved the vehicle status pretty quickly. The pull-up menu at the bottom of the main page now is labeled "Remote Commands" so as to draw your attention that it is there. Other than that the app looks the same as before.

You may want to download the latest update and try it again, it may have been fixed. Just open the app on your phone and it will automatically take you to Google Play to download the update.
wsw is offline  
Old 04-06-2019, 08:19 AM
  #7  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 232
Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by wsw View Post
I just got another update for the AcuraLink app. The notice from Google Play said that Acura had fixed some bugs and also made the app more usable. At first the new update wouldn't finish retrieving the vehicle status so I backed out of it and started over from scratch. Then the app worked fine. Retrieved the vehicle status pretty quickly. The pull-up menu at the bottom of the main page now is labeled "Remote Commands" so as to draw your attention that it is there. Other than that the app looks the same as before.

You may want to download the latest update and try it again, it may have been fixed. Just open the app on your phone and it will automatically take you to Google Play to download the update.
The patch Acuralink sent on April 4th seems to have fixed the initial problems.
R. White is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by R. White:
Comfy (04-14-2019), wsw (04-06-2019)
Old 04-12-2019, 10:08 AM
  #8  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 232
Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Acuralink sloooow

The new app version of Acuralink is so slow to load that it makes my eyeballs hurt. I won't be using until this fixed ( again ).
R. White is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
jackreacher
First Generation TSX Discussion (2004-2008)
19
04-11-2019 12:04 PM
MT-RDX
Third Generation RDX (2019+)
3
04-04-2019 09:47 PM
ramen_monkey
1G & 2G MDX Discussion (2001-2013)
8
04-04-2019 06:38 PM
DHood
3G RDX Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation
6
04-03-2019 02:21 PM
Ken1997TL
Second Generation RL (2005-2012)
4
03-12-2019 11:33 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AcuraLink app update


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.