AcuraLink app update

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 06:52 PM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
AcuraLink app update

received an update to Acuralink this week.

App warned me today that every system in the vehicle had failed. Interesting, since I never started it today. I hope it starts tomorrow !
Old 04-01-2019, 09:54 AM
Inveterate Tinkerer

Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts
App probably thought it was April 1st
The following users liked this post:
Comfy (04-02-2019)
Old 04-01-2019, 12:48 PM
wsw
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Mine too. It's OK.

Originally Posted by R. White

App warned me today that every system in the vehicle had failed. Interesting, since I never started it today. I hope it starts tomorrow !
My app also updated a couple of days ago. It also showed a bunch of erroneous alerts. I started the car up and backed it out of the garage onto the driveway and then put it back into the garage. I then started the app, it then retrieved the vehicle status and everything was fine, no alerts. They changed the app quite a bit. It now automatically retrieves the status when the app is started. Also you have to pull up a pull-up menu from the bottom of the page to get the "lock/unlock" , "Locate", "Lights", and "horn" commands. The account settings page is more detailed. You have to scroll the main page up in order to get to "Maps", "Service", etc.

I tested out the sending of a destination and route from the app to the car navigation system and it worked fine. Actually it worked better than trying to enter a new destination into the system with the in-dash controls.
Old 04-01-2019, 03:32 PM
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 165 Posts
The updated version of the app (ver 4.0.0 and 4.0.1) will not work with my 2016 Elite, with either of my two Android devices.

The app opens to a screen with a header "RDX - 2016 RDX".

The only entry on this screen is a button that allows me to schedule a service appointment with my dealer.

If I click on header itself, a list of "My vehicles" opens up. "Of course there is a single entry for my 2016 RDX. If I click on the "info icon" for my 2016 I get all the details, such as year, model, and VIN.

Unfortunately I can see none of the information from my vehicle, nor can I control anything on my vehicle.

I reinstalled an old copy of the app (Version 3), and it still works perfectly (as perfectly as before anyway).

Has anyone else lost total visibility of their RDX with this new version, particularly with a 2016 model?
Old 04-01-2019, 07:35 PM
Racer

Car ran ok. All the error messages are still there though.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:35 AM
wsw
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
The latest update to the update.

Car ran ok. All the error messages are still there though.
I just got another update for the AcuraLink app. The notice from Google Play said that Acura had fixed some bugs and also made the app more usable. At first the new update wouldn't finish retrieving the vehicle status so I backed out of it and started over from scratch. Then the app worked fine. Retrieved the vehicle status pretty quickly. The pull-up menu at the bottom of the main page now is labeled "Remote Commands" so as to draw your attention that it is there. Other than that the app looks the same as before.

You may want to download the latest update and try it again, it may have been fixed. Just open the app on your phone and it will automatically take you to Google Play to download the update.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:19 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by wsw
I just got another update for the AcuraLink app. The notice from Google Play said that Acura had fixed some bugs and also made the app more usable. At first the new update wouldn't finish retrieving the vehicle status so I backed out of it and started over from scratch. Then the app worked fine. Retrieved the vehicle status pretty quickly. The pull-up menu at the bottom of the main page now is labeled "Remote Commands" so as to draw your attention that it is there. Other than that the app looks the same as before.

You may want to download the latest update and try it again, it may have been fixed. Just open the app on your phone and it will automatically take you to Google Play to download the update.
The patch Acuralink sent on April 4th seems to have fixed the initial problems.
The following 2 users liked this post by R. White:
Comfy (04-14-2019), wsw (04-06-2019)
Old 04-12-2019, 10:08 AM
Racer

Acuralink sloooow

The new app version of Acuralink is so slow to load that it makes my eyeballs hurt. I won't be using until this fixed ( again ).