Upgraded AcuraLink iOS App today

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 11:41 AM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Upgraded AcuraLink iOS App today

FYI there is a upgraded iOS AcuraLink App in the App Store today.
It looks pretty different but I have not found any additional functionality.
The following 2 users liked this post by DHood:
kboo74656 (03-25-2019), markm929 (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 01:55 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DHood
FYI there is a upgraded iOS AcuraLink App in the App Store today.
It looks pretty different but I have not found any additional functionality.
The AcuraLink Android App was also updated. And I not seen any different functionality there either.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:29 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
I have not applied the new AcuraLink app that came out 3/25 for fear that I will experience problems I don't have now with the 3.1.1 version I updated to 6 months ago. Since you say it looks pretty different but no additional functionality or improvements are you sorry you updated? Any issues since you did? If they have the same people working on the app as they do the next software update we heard will be coming out in March & has not arrived with just 5 days to April, I have my doubts about NOT leaving well enough alone.

Also it does not give me confidence that the description of the changes also say, "if you’re having trouble with AcuraLink please file a ticket in the app by going to support- customer support- customer feedback. Why not be honest with the early adopters by saying thank you for being our test dummies & working out the kinks a we get it right for the 2020 model year buyers.

Last edited by Mark S Long Island; 03-26-2019 at 03:36 PM. Reason: wording
Old 03-27-2019, 06:01 AM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
No Problems

Originally Posted by Mark S Long Island
I have not applied the new AcuraLink app that came out 3/25 for fear that I will experience problems I don't have now with the 3.1.1 version I updated to 6 months ago. Since you say it looks pretty different but no additional functionality or improvements are you sorry you updated? Any issues since you did? If they have the same people working on the app as they do the next software update we heard will be coming out in March & has not arrived with just 5 days to April, I have my doubts about NOT leaving well enough alone.

Also it does not give me confidence that the description of the changes also say, "if you’re having trouble with AcuraLink please file a ticket in the app by going to support- customer support- customer feedback. Why not be honest with the early adopters by saying thank you for being our test dummies & working out the kinks a we get it right for the 2020 model year buyers.
So far I have had no problems with the new App. I have used the Remote Start feature with it and all seems well. I do not think I am going to like the New Interface as it uses "sort of a sliding drawer" to get at some of the items.
I will have to use it some more to give a more detailed opinion.

DavidH
Old 03-27-2019, 08:33 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
I installed the new app, and have noticed no problems at all, compared to the old app, and nothing better either.

I learn new technologies easily, so I don’t care much about the changes. If it had always been this way, I would not have had a problem; I’m sure I will be comfortable with it in no time.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:26 AM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
I consider the interface of the new app to be more polished than the old.

But perhaps more importantly, I find it reassuring that someone is devoting time and resources to ongoing development of the AcuraLink ecosystem. It needs work, and some features of our vehicles are dependent upon it. For better or worse.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:21 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only substantial difference I've noticed with the new iOS app is that the AcuraLink widget on my iPhone's Today View screen was deleted and does not seem to be available any longer. It's not a huge deal, but it was handy at times. As was mentioned, "Start" and the other remote functions are now hidden in a drawer at the bottom of the screen. Oftentimes (not always), the app takes several seconds to connect to the vehicle before the remote functions appear in the drawer. All that said, the new app so far seems to be more stable than the previous version, which kept logging me out.
The following users liked this post:
markm929 (04-03-2019)