2016 Model Year Changes

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 05:42 PM
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by bzb123
I believe the rear seats are heated only on the Canadian version for some reason

RDX 2016
FYI - That 'specification' info page for the '16 RDX (via the link provided) at hondanews.ca is extremely flawed; there's a mix of RDX and MDX spec info interspersed throughout. Acura/Honda are evidently having difficulty at this time placing accurate, reliable information on their websites. Very surprising.. inexcusable really.

Last edited by rbreeze; 05-18-2015 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:01 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by andysinnh
This is curious, as when I had my windshield replaced on my '15 Tech a month or so ago, the PGW windshield had the tinted strip just like OEM. So unless there's some real reason that they removed the tint strip (and as long as the '16 windshield didn't change), you can get a tinted strip as soon as you get your windshield replaced.......

andy

Cute...but, no cigar! I believe I read someone was thinking that the new "tech systems" for lane guidance...or???....caused the need to not have a shaded upper windshield. Not sure. Seeing new Hondas don't have the shaded are any longer also.

When I had a new car that didn't do it...just because they chose not to...I always had it tinted along with the side and rear glass. Really helps.

Anyway....if no one knows now...I will know on Sat. when I pick mine up.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:45 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
If anyone knows how I can enjoy my DVD-A music I own...pls help me. I'm not an "audiophile"...and also do not want to spend much money so I can listen to these discs. If anything..I will offer them up for sale if anyone is interested. I do have the Beatles..."Love" album/discs!!
There was a link posted earlier in this thread where you can learn how to convert your DVD-A discs to DTS discs. It'll take some learning to do it though.

If you have a home theater setup at home, you can get a player that connects to your system. There are players that handle DVD-A, SACD and bluray discs and all those formats have surround music titles available (although many of the SACDs are out of print like the DVD-A titles).
The following users liked this post:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (05-19-2015)
Old 05-18-2015, 11:20 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by rbreeze
FYI - That 'specification' info page for the '16 RDX (via the link provided) at hondanews.ca is extremely flawed; there's a mix of RDX and MDX spec info interspersed throughout. Acura/Honda are evidently having difficulty at this time placing accurate, reliable information on their websites. Very surprising.. inexcusable really.
There were errors when the TLX was released too.

Cute...but, no cigar! I believe I read someone was thinking that the new "tech systems" for lane guidance...or???....caused the need to not have a shaded upper windshield. Not sure. Seeing new Hondas don't have the shaded are any longer also.

When I had a new car that didn't do it...just because they chose not to...I always had it tinted along with the side and rear glass. Really helps.

Anyway....if no one knows now...I will know on Sat. when I pick mine up.
I'm not sure there is any technical reason for the lack of a tint visor on new Acuras. I think it is just a new look like the lack of exhaust tips. Most tint shops will put a visor on your windshield for little to no cost when you get the other windows tinted. But they are not supposed to go past the 'A/S' line. Personally I will have the entire windshield tinted with 80% tint. Make a big difference to me.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:25 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The 2016 RDX configurator is finally online on the Canadian website. Some of the driver assist features are standard on the base model (lane keep assist, collision mitigation).
Old 05-20-2015, 10:44 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by bzb123
I believe the rear seats are heated only on the Canadian version for some reason

RDX 2016

Yes...the "American version" has the "indents" on the end of the console where the heater switches would go for the "Canadian version."

Oh well, guess it doesn't get cold enough in the lower 48. Wonder if the Alaskan versions get it?? Hmmmm????
Old 05-20-2015, 04:07 PM
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Oh well, guess it doesn't get cold enough in the lower 48. Wonder if the Alaskan versions get it?? Hmmmm????
For whatever reason, Acura Canada has been adding a number of nice cold weather (and other convenience) features for their lineup that Acura USA refuses to put in, even for states with winters as severe as Canada.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:59 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where did you get your info saying that 22s is the biggest size you can put in a rdx

Originally Posted by Jemini84
Yeah for the most part, some decent changes to '16 RDX including the rear seat vents, color multi-info display in the dash and some LED lights. Wheel choices for this vehicle still sucks for sure. For my '13 RDX I installed custom 22" chrome rims which is the maximum size this vehicle can handle successfully. I'm hoping the navigation will have at least a 3D view instead of the dated top down view on current models.