2016 Model Year Changes

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 12:39 PM
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by NLRL
Giovane, you are right that it could be a simple bulb switch. Still something is strange.
The local dealer (Hansel Acura) posted on his web the 2016 and the "price and build" with his prices for the accessories.
The LED fog lights are $725 for all RDX's from Base to Advance. If for the advance it will be just a change of bulbs, it does not make sense to be the same price for all the line.
Could be that the reflector is also different? Or is it a quirk of Acura marketing? Thanks
I will tell you as soon as I buy an advance Rdx, somewhere next month. Pretty confident a light bulb switch will be enough.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Fog lights

Originally Posted by giovane
I will tell you as soon as I buy an advance Rdx, somewhere next month. Pretty confident a light bulb switch will be enough.
Sorry , I mixed up my notes and made a mistake.
The dealer installed price for LED fog lights for all the models but Advance is $838 and for Advance is $723. Still it is strange pricing if just the bulb is involved.
Waiting for your info. Thank you.
Old 05-09-2015, 02:31 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by rbreeze
Does anyone have an opinion on the size, positioning and styling of the new rear reflector arrangement on the 2016 RDX? I'm guessing this (Acura) styling element loosely tries to imitate the look of rear exhaust outlets. (Note that exhaust pipes are now hidden are all late model Acuras). IMO this styling revision is the least successful change to the RDX for 2016.. that is, right after those new 18 inch wheels on the Advance model! The revised front end styling looks great though with the new all-LED lighting.

This 2nd Gen. RDX always had hidden exhaust pipes. There are 2 large turned down tips hidden coming out of a single muffler. They are going to a "clean" look on Acuras. Tastefully done within the lower fascia would look good though.

The current fake air outlets are an attempt to add a "styling" cue that mimics an exit for airflow from the wheel well...as race cars have. The front lower "fake vents" mimic air inlets for brake cooling or a trans cooler etc. used on race cars. The rears never tried to mimic exhaust outlets...since...there never were any for this 2nd Gen.

They're "OK"...a little much, but the new RDX overall is a darn nice SUV. My Advance will be here in about a week. Left Ohio plant and is on the train passing through Illinois as of yesterday.

Last edited by Colorado Guy AF Ret.; 05-09-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-10-2015, 05:39 AM
06 TL 6MT + 18 ATS-V 8AT

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts
Does anyone have an opinion on the size, positioning and styling of the new rear reflector arrangement on the 2016 RDX?
IMO the new faux diffuser look isn't much better, but it's certainly less generic looking than the previous reflector-only design which could be found on any late model econobox these days. The same could be said about the ILX, before and after MMC.

Mercedes does the faux exhaust look too, but at least they look like real outlets and they only do it on base and/or "green" models.

Old 05-10-2015, 08:06 AM
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by silverTL6
IMO the new faux diffuser look isn't much better, but it's certainly less generic looking than the previous reflector-only design which could be found on any late model econobox these days. The same could be said about the ILX, before and after MMC.

Mercedes does the faux exhaust look too, but at least they look like real outlets and they only do it on base and/or "green" models.

All the geometric exhausts(faux or real) make me a little sad for mankind...right up there with 'jewel-eye' lamps on the front.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:34 PM
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by NLRL
Giovane, you are right that it could be a simple bulb switch. Still something is strange.
The local dealer (Hansel Acura) posted on his web the 2016 and the "price and build" with his prices for the accessories.
The LED fog lights are $725 for all RDX's from Base to Advance. If for the advance it will be just a change of bulbs, it does not make sense to be the same price for all the line.
Could be that the reflector is also different? Or is it a quirk of Acura marketing? Thanks
This guy did it on the 2013-15 model, I don't see why we can't on the 2016

https://acurazine.com/forums/perform...s-pics-913977/
Old 05-11-2015, 12:24 PM
Intermediate

This morning, I got a call from the local dealer that they have the 2016 ready for test drives. So, between today and Wednesday, I am going to try it and share my impressions.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:44 PM
Intermediate

Test Drive

Yesterday, I went by the dealer. They had just one car, a white Advance model with parchment interior. The car had 7 miles on it.
The outside looks nice , the wheels are OK. The fog light have halogen bulbs and the sales man had no idea why the LED bulbs will cost($700 plus) so much. He said that at the training session they asked the same question and nobody could give them a logical explanation.
The spare tire was a full size temporary one (Continental). The cars tires are Michelin.
I am 6'3'' and 220 lbs . I could get inside without an issue only with the seat all the way down . Coming from a ML350, at the beginning I felt the seat tight but , quite fast I got used with it. It was OK and with all the adjustments available I was able to get a very comfortable position Inside I found the dash board set up tasteful . The navigation is better than in my 2008 ML. The parchment color I found it too light and will create cleaning issues.
The car drives very nicely on the highway. Very little noise and the engine when pushed has a good "oompf". The car having just 7 miles, I did not want to push too hard but, it merged and got to 65 mph OK . All the safety features I could check worked and it is true that there are lots of sound and visible warnings but this is the price to pay for safety. Rear camera and the cross traffic visibility is great. We tried it on a bad road too and the suspension is very good. In conclusion, I asked for a price and delivery and the salesman said that the sales manager is not in and will get back to me. So I am waiting and I think I will get one. I noticed that "carsdirect" guarantees a price $1325 under MSRP.
Waiting for the dealer call.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:16 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Just wondering for those who had driven both the 15 and 16 models, are there any differences in seat comfort? I felt the 15 was a bit too firm, any changes? I drive approximately 28K a year, uncomfortable seats can be a issue.
Sumoto
Old 05-13-2015, 04:55 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can anyone tell me the following:

1) is there a different size tire on the Advance package? I know it is a different rim but is it a different size?

2) the MDX has different leather qualities depending on what model you get.....I notice a big difference between the leather in the Tech and in the Advance. Does anyone know if this is the same for the RDX?

3) has anyone compared the sound system in the Tech vs the Advance? Do they sound good?
Old 05-14-2015, 12:26 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by Krisbo26
Can anyone tell me the following:

1) is there a different size tire on the Advance package? I know it is a different rim but is it a different size?

2) the MDX has different leather qualities depending on what model you get.....I notice a big difference between the leather in the Tech and in the Advance. Does anyone know if this is the same for the RDX?

3) has anyone compared the sound system in the Tech vs the Advance? Do they sound good?

Tire size and wheel size are the same.

Sound system is the same. The same ELS surround sound they've been using for many years. Sounds great when you are using a DVD Audio disc...which aren't made any longer. You can find some on Amazon, E-bay, etc. The good ones aren't cheap. But, it really sounds awesome. I have a couple. Mine came with a demo disc...don't know if they still do.

The seats are the same on the Tech and Advance. The Advance has ventilation..the Tech does not.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:57 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Sound system is the same. The same ELS surround sound they've been using for many years. Sounds great when you are using a DVD Audio disc...which aren't made any longer.
So, the 2016 has the same ELS system that plays DVD-Audio discs as the 2013-2015 model RDX? That's good news at least. I know they don't make many DVD-Audio discs anymore but lots of Acura owners have built up collections that would be nice to use in a new model Acura.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:41 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by superblast
So, the 2016 has the same ELS system that plays DVD-Audio discs as the 2013-2015 model RDX? That's good news at least. I know they don't make many DVD-Audio discs anymore but lots of Acura owners have built up collections that would be nice to use in a new model Acura.

Yes. Acura has not abandoned the ELS sound system. It can be found on other Acura models too. Surround sound is awesome...but, again, not easy to build up "files" since the DVD audio discs are hard to find and expensive. But, surround, set up perfectly for each specific vehicle just sounds amazing. And that's what Acura hired the "sound engineer" and Grammy award winner, Elliot Scheiner to do many years ago.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:19 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by superblast
Yes. Acura has not abandoned the ELS sound system. It can be found on other Acura models too. Surround sound is awesome...but, again, not easy to build up "files" since the DVD audio discs are hard to find and expensive. But, surround, set up perfectly for each specific vehicle just sounds amazing. And that's what Acura hired the "sound engineer" and Grammy award winner, Elliot Scheiner to do many years ago.
They dropped DVD-A support from the ELS system on the TLX. I looked on Acura.com and it still shows DVD-A for the RDX. Odd. When you get your RDX you might want to confirm it with one of your DVD-A discs.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:06 AM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 2016 rdx advanced would not play any of my DVD-a discs bummer
Old 05-15-2015, 09:56 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by stevec32
My 2016 rdx advanced would not play any of my DVD-a discs bummer

You just bought a '16 Advance model?? It has ELS right? I don't get it....something is not right here. Research time for me. Make sure with your dealer about that issue. ELS...is ELS....as far as I know. Can't imagine "removing" the 5.1 system and the only real way to enjoy it is with DVD-A discs.

ELS IS 5.1 surround sound.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:58 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
They dropped DVD-A support from the ELS system on the TLX. I looked on Acura.com and it still shows DVD-A for the RDX. Odd. When you get your RDX you might want to confirm it with one of your DVD-A discs.

So, how can you have true ELS 5.1 surround sound if you can't enjoy it without DVD-A discs to play in it? Strange...very strange. I'll be pissed if that's the case on the '16. My DVD-A's were not cheap.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:25 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Now I'm looking into the current ELS sound system, and the DVD-A disc issue. Hmmmm????

Coach....the TLX and other Acura's have the ELS system...it's still a 5.1 surround....but, now I'm trying to figure out IF now it does not play the DVD-A discs.

Panasonic is the builder of the systems based on Elliot Scheiner's design. They have an 800 #. I'm going to call them and find out exactly what's going on.

Let you all know when I get an answer to this.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:17 PM
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
The TLX's ELS system also doesn't playback DVD-A; here's a thread with TLX owners converting their DVD-A discs to DTS CDs in order to still have surround playback:

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-b...ersion-918969/
Old 05-15-2015, 12:27 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

ELS Surround Sound

Here is the latest I came up with. I think I'm 80-90% there!

The RDX and the ILX: Have the same ELS system...same speakers, locations, etc.....AND they both, according to Acura....will take the DVD-A discs!

MDX: Same basic system but, nothing said about playing DVD-A's.

TLX and RLX: Speakers are made differently..using titanium in the tweeters...different sizing with others, etc. Nothing noted about playing DVD-A's.

All ELS sytems in all Acura vehicles will synthesize 5.1 surround sound when quality digital sources are used. Elliot Scheiner tuned these systems for each of the Acura vehicles.

With that said...ELS has still been rated by independent audio company's as one of the top factory audio systems. Mainly due to the collaboration with Elliot Scheiner and Panasonic...who builds the systems based on his calculations and design input.

He is the real deal. 3 Grammy's, 20 some nominations, works with and worked with all the top names in the music industry....in their studios mixing and "fine tuning" albums for top artists. So, he has the "creds" to know what to do.

That's it so far. So, it looks like the RDX and ILX will play the DVD-A. IF someone truly finds out otherwise...let us know here.

My GM is doing research right now too. And after I hear back from him..I may call Panasonic to get more in depth info....if needed.

Thanks one and all. I'm "on the job!!" LoL!! Retired...got to have something to keep my mind engaged!!!!
Old 05-15-2015, 12:30 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by accord1999
The TLX's ELS system also doesn't playback DVD-A; here's a thread with TLX owners converting their DVD-A discs to DTS CDs in order to still have surround playback:

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-b...ersion-918969/

I just posted what I found out so far. And yes, the TLX and RLX appear to not play the DVD-A. Pls read my post just submitted.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:40 PM
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
A summary description of the "ELS Surround Sound System" at Acura.com re the 2016 RDX states that the system includes a DVD-A, MP3 and WMA compatible disc player. HOWEVER... on downloading the 2016 RDX Navigation Manual the document makes the following statements:

● The audio system features AM/FM radio and the SiriusXM® Radio service. It can also play audio CDs, WMA/MP3/AAC files, Hard Disc Drive (HDD) audio, USB flash drives, iPod, iPhone and Bluetooth® devices.
● Your audio system supports audio CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs in either MP3, WMA, or AAC format. With the CD loaded, select the CD mode.
● Video CDs, DVDs, and 3 in (80 mm) mini CDs are not supported.

So which is it? Based on the '16 RDX Nav System Manual - which is supposed to cover the features of the "ELS Surround Sound System" - DVD-A discs are not supported.
? ? ?
I guess we'll find out for sure soon enough when someone, armed with a DVD-A, visits a suitably equipped '16 RDX.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:09 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

A summary description of the "ELS Surround Sound System" at Acura.com re the 2016 RDX states that the system includes a DVD-A, MP3 and WMA compatible disc player. HOWEVER... on downloading the 2016 RDX Navigation Manual the document makes the following statements:

● The audio system features AM/FM radio and the SiriusXM® Radio service. It can also play audio CDs, WMA/MP3/AAC files, Hard Disc Drive (HDD) audio, USB flash drives, iPod, iPhone and Bluetooth® devices.
● Your audio system supports audio CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs in either MP3, WMA, or AAC format. With the CD loaded, select the CD mode.

So which is it? Based on the '16 RDX Nav System Manual - which is supposed to cover the features of the "ELS Surround Sound System" - DVD-A discs are not supported.
? ? ?
I guess we'll find out for sure soon enough when someone, armed with a DVD-A, visits a suitably equipped '16 RDX.

Yep....it's hard to know for sure at this point. Wish I had mine in the garage now! Acura's web site has had errors...recently when it came to the "Spare Tire Kit" issues.

I'm trying to get a friend at my dealer to find time to read the manuals and also see if there is a "demo DVD-A disc" included. My '13 did...but, I know...things seem to be changing. The '15 RDX, I understand, did play the DVD-A's....but, I don't know if they came with a demo disc.

I'm sure we'll soon know. I just hope it does...since I spent a lot of money on some DVD audios discs and I'd like to be able to play them. Otherwise..they will collect dust.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:29 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Looks like we are out of luck with the new Acura's playing the DVD-A discs on the ELS surround sound systems.

My dealer...just to make sure....tried to play a demo disc from an earlier RDX...and, it would not play. Upsets me since I have a few cool DVD audio discs.

It appears the ELS system was re-configured and synthesizes the 5.1 surround sound when a high quality digital music input is used.

So, I don't think any new Acura's now play the DVD audio discs. The Acura web site does say the '16 RDX and ILX play them....but, apparently that is another erroneous printing error by Acura.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ That is really too bad! I am not sure if it was a "registration for licensing" cost savings? Just weird why they do that stuff!
Old 05-15-2015, 09:48 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by weather
^^ That is really too bad! I am not sure if it was a "registration for licensing" cost savings? Just weird why they do that stuff!

Hi Weather...see you are still around. I'm buying an AWD Advance if you didn't know. Just heard a short time ago it arrived in the general rail yard...and supposed to be at dealer tomorrow. Won't pick up till for awhile yet.

There are hardly any DVD-A's produced any more. So, I can't imagine licensing...although possible. Not sure....Elliot Scheiner was hired some yrs ago by Acura to design a great sounding audio system for the TL. He did that...and then it kept going, etc. About the same time DVD audios came out..and they were doing OK for a couple of years. So, then they were incorporated into the ELS system to really hear what 5.1 surround sound was like.

But, that "industry" didn't last long. I believe the '15 RDX was the last to be able to play them...and maybe a couple other Acura models.

So, the ELS system is still a highly rated one...with it's synthesized 5.1 surround sound...if there is a quality digital source of music to use. And that's kinda OK...except I have some expensive DVD-A's I bought almost 3 yrs ago!!! I have the Beatles "Love" album. Awesome sounding in my '13 RDX!!!
Old 05-16-2015, 07:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ Yep...I am still around *lol* I don't own the RDX anymore as the g/f wanted to have somthing a bit smaller given her petite size so she got the ILX and she LOVES it! With the exception of the rear noise and the lack of height adjuster on the passenger seat, I think the RDX was an AMAZING CUV/SUV! The improvements brought to the 2016 MY will sure keep it very competitive and I can see why you are getting another one.

I am just curious why they would go out of their way to remove a functionality that they had already developed and existed in their 2015 MY. I am fully aware that I am not an auto expert and there HAS to be a reason why they did it so I will given the benefit of the doubt that it made sense

What color are you getting? Congrats on your 2016 RDX BTW In case you didn't follow my saga, my 2012 TL was brought back to the dealer last fall and was to replace it with a TLX this spring....The quirky transmission issues sort of spooked me so I jumped into the IS350 F Sport instead but I will be back with Acura eventually
Old 05-16-2015, 02:33 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Looks like we are out of luck with the new Acura's playing the DVD-A discs on the ELS surround sound systems.

My dealer...just to make sure....tried to play a demo disc from an earlier RDX...and, it would not play. Upsets me since I have a few cool DVD audio discs.

It appears the ELS system was re-configured and synthesizes the 5.1 surround sound when a high quality digital music input is used.

So, I don't think any new Acura's now play the DVD audio discs. The Acura web site does say the '16 RDX and ILX play them....but, apparently that is another erroneous printing error by Acura.
Thanks for all the research and sorry to hear the news. I've been in love with the ELS system since I picked up my 2007 RDX and was hoping DVD-A playback would survive the 2016 refresh. I gave the ELS system in the TLX system a good workout when I had one for a loaner recently and it still sounds superb and still plays DTS CDs (which are 5.1 but use lossy compression, like MP3s).

Hopefully, Acura will update the ELS system in the future to allow playback of multichannel FLAC files like some of their competitors are doing.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:36 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts

? ? ?
They posted the same thing on the TLX site initially until they corrected it.

The TLX's ELS will play DTS audio discs. I wonder if the RDX will also?

Here are some resources on DTS discs...

Download 5.1 Surround music for home theater. Free music format DVD-Audio, DTS 5.1, SACD-R

High Definition Audio Releases | Consumer Audio | DTS

Demo Disc...

DTS Tecnology: Music Demonstration and Set-Up Disc - Various Artists | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards | AllMusic
Old 05-17-2015, 10:11 AM
Intermediate

Sound system

Does anyone know if the sound system on the 2016 RDX is the same as the 2015 CRV??

How many watts does it have?

I love mine in my 2007 MDX Elite and am afraid I will be disappointed with this one? Thoughts?
Old 05-17-2015, 07:29 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by weather
^^ Yep...I am still around *lol* I don't own the RDX anymore as the g/f wanted to have somthing a bit smaller given her petite size so she got the ILX and she LOVES it! With the exception of the rear noise and the lack of height adjuster on the passenger seat, I think the RDX was an AMAZING CUV/SUV! The improvements brought to the 2016 MY will sure keep it very competitive and I can see why you are getting another one.

I am just curious why they would go out of their way to remove a functionality that they had already developed and existed in their 2015 MY. I am fully aware that I am not an auto expert and there HAS to be a reason why they did it so I will given the benefit of the doubt that it made sense

What color are you getting? Congrats on your 2016 RDX BTW In case you didn't follow my saga, my 2012 TL was brought back to the dealer last fall and was to replace it with a TLX this spring....The quirky transmission issues sort of spooked me so I jumped into the IS350 F Sport instead but I will be back with Acura eventually

Yes, I knew you got rid of your RDX. After almost 3 yrs of owning ours...we liked it so much...not perfect, but, no vehicle is, I decided to get the new and improved version in the Advance model. Same color combo as the "outgoing"one...Pearl white w/ parchment.

With all the improvements I know we will really like this one even more. Petite?? My wife is barely 5'....she drives the RDX everyday to work and shopping, etc. No problems. No, she does not use any pillows or anything else!! LOL!! Even if sitting on the passenger seat that does not go up or down. Of course the new Advance model does it all now.

We will pick it up on Sat, May 23rd. They have to clean it up, clear bra it, bsm's, etc.

I had written about the ELS....and now I'm not 100% certain...as Coach has said....that DVD-A's won't work in the '16. My contact guy at my dealer has not tried a disc in the '16 yet. He mislead...misunderstood my question to him via email. We talked on the phone to clarify...so I hope tomorrow I will know for sure! But, something tells me it will not work. I think someone wrote here that it was tried and did not....but, I want to really make sure. Bummer if it does not.

I know Lexus makes great vehicles....but, Acura's are fitting for me. I absolutely hate the front ends and what they've done to the grills on most of them. What the hell were they thinking??!!! Wanting to be "different" and making something profoundly UGLY is another. No thanks.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:45 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tried the doors, fleetwood mac, and elton john. None of the DVD-A's worked in the 2016 advanced.

I do realize the discs have exposed my advanced age..

But we do love the RDX anyway We are new to the Acura brand having to leave BMW because the the X3 was $18,000 more expense for the same options. Although the BMW had a better engine and 8 speed transmission and we will miss the HUD the price difference was just too much.

Long live our new Acura
Old 05-17-2015, 10:32 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by Krisbo26
Does anyone know if the sound system on the 2016 RDX is the same as the 2015 CRV??

How many watts does it have?

I love mine in my 2007 MDX Elite and am afraid I will be disappointed with this one? Thoughts?

It has the same 410 watt peak output as it's had all along for the Tech and now the Advance model. I didn't dive into what the '15 did or did not do compared to the '16 Tech/Adv.

It does appear that DVD'A's will not play now in the '16 RDX ELS systems. As someone else noted....if you read the Nav. Manual on line from Acura....the ability to play DVD-A discs is not mentioned as it used to be....at least in my '13 Tech it was and does play them. Now...it's depending on DTS and high quality digital music depending on what you are using....and then synthesizes the 5.1 surround. I guess always did that....but, now truly "hearing and enjoying" what it can do by playing a DVD-A disc can no longer be enjoyed.

Upsets me somewhat..since I paid big $$ for some DVD-A music. Now, no way to enjoy them in the RDX.

Not stopping me from buying my '16 Advance....which I pick up on the 23rd.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:38 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by stevec32
I tried the doors, fleetwood mac, and elton john. None of the DVD-A's worked in the 2016 advanced.

I do realize the discs have exposed my advanced age..

But we do love the RDX anyway We are new to the Acura brand having to leave BMW because the the X3 was $18,000 more expense for the same options. Although the BMW had a better engine and 8 speed transmission and we will miss the HUD the price difference was just too much.

Long live our new Acura

Age?? Not necessarily. DVD-A discs are still available, and anyone enjoying music in many forms can find the discs somewhere...but, not so cheap!! Amazon...Ebay...etc.

Welcome to the world of Acuras. Going for my 3rd...and 2nd RDX. My AWD Advance will be mine on the 23rd. I think you will find, overall, much better service and reliability with Honda Motor Corp. vehicles. Owned many Hondas and 2 so far Acuras. I've known many folks over the years that owned some kind of BMW....and most all complained of reliability issues....cost to upkeep, etc.

Acuras just don't have that reputation. High resale value too. I'm getting 73% of the MSRP for my '13 AWD Tech model on trade.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:02 AM
Intermediate

Age?? Not necessarily. DVD-A discs are still available, and anyone enjoying music in many forms can find the discs somewhere...but, not so cheap!! Amazon...Ebay...etc.

Welcome to the world of Acuras. Going for my 3rd...and 2nd RDX. My AWD Advance will be mine on the 23rd. I think you will find, overall, much better service and reliability with Honda Motor Corp. vehicles. Owned many Hondas and 2 so far Acuras. I've known many folks over the years that owned some kind of BMW....and most all complained of reliability issues....cost to upkeep, etc.

Acuras just don't have that reputation. High resale value too. I'm getting 73% of the MSRP for my '13 AWD Tech model on trade.
Congrats! What color did you get? Accessories? Can you post some pics?
Old 05-18-2015, 08:58 AM
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
It has the same 410 watt peak output as it's had all along for the Tech and now the Advance model. I didn't dive into what the '15 did or did not do compared to the '16 Tech/Adv.

It does appear that DVD'A's will not play now in the '16 RDX ELS systems. As someone else noted....if you read the Nav. Manual on line from Acura....the ability to play DVD-A discs is not mentioned as it used to be....at least in my '13 Tech it was and does play them. Now...it's depending on DTS and high quality digital music depending on what you are using....and then synthesizes the 5.1 surround. I guess always did that....but, now truly "hearing and enjoying" what it can do by playing a DVD-A disc can no longer be enjoyed.

Upsets me somewhat..since I paid big $$ for some DVD-A music. Now, no way to enjoy them in the RDX.

Not stopping me from buying my '16 Advance....which I pick up on the 23rd.
I can confirm the DVD-A's will no longer play in the 2016.
I tested both a 2016 and a 2015 this past weekend and my DVD-A's would still play in the 2015, but just came up with a 'Check Disc' error in the 2016.
Very disappointed in that, but i would still rather have the 2016.
just deciding between fwd only or awd. My last 3 vehicles have all been awd. but i think i will go with the fwd this time.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:09 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by Tomshark
I can confirm the DVD-A's will no longer play in the 2016.
I tested both a 2016 and a 2015 this past weekend and my DVD-A's would still play in the 2015, but just came up with a 'Check Disc' error in the 2016.
Very disappointed in that, but i would still rather have the 2016.
just deciding between fwd only or awd. My last 3 vehicles have all been awd. but i think i will go with the fwd this time.

Thanks much. I too can confirm...no, they will not play in the '16 ELS sound system. My "guy" at my dealer confirmed for me by trying a "demo disc" from previous yrs. No workkkyyy!!

Like you, that certainly does not change my mind about buying my Advance model. Somewhat bummed...yes. If anyone knows how I can enjoy my DVD-A music I own...pls help me. I'm not an "audiophile"...and also do not want to spend much money so I can listen to these discs. If anything..I will offer them up for sale if anyone is interested. I do have the Beatles..."Love" album/discs!!
Old 05-18-2015, 01:17 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

I'd like to point out I'm find NUMEROUS errors in the printing of "information" about what's on the '16 RDX's!! And, this info. is on Acura's own printed manuals, web site, etc.

I'm very upset with Acura and that division that is reposnsible with the printing and the info. that goes in to what the public is reading. That person in charge should be fired or at least busted down to "car prep" before shipping from factory...or maybe...factory floor sweeper!!

There are so many I just can't list them all.
But, 2 jump out. The poor info. on whether the RDX has the "Spare Tire Kit".....and wrong info. on the ELS surround sound system playing DVD'A discs.

Seems like I'll have to wait and get my new Advance home and find out what REALLY it has and doesn't. Some things I've found the truth on. Waiting for the other "shoes" to drop now.

Are the rear...."outside 2 seats" heated??? Controlled by switches on the rear of the center console where the rear vents are??

Anyone who owns a '16 now...I see that the "shaded band" across the top of the windshield is gone now. How does that impact the sun bothering the driver's eyes???
Old 05-18-2015, 01:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 307 Likes on 213 Posts
Anyone who owns a '16 now...I see that the "shaded band" across the top of the windshield is gone now. How does that impact the sun bothering the driver's eyes???
This is curious, as when I had my windshield replaced on my '15 Tech a month or so ago, the PGW windshield had the tinted strip just like OEM. So unless there's some real reason that they removed the tint strip (and as long as the '16 windshield didn't change), you can get a tinted strip as soon as you get your windshield replaced.......

andy
Old 05-18-2015, 03:57 PM
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Are the rear...."outside 2 seats" heated??? Controlled by switches on the rear of the center console where the rear vents are??
I believe the rear seats are heated only on the Canadian version for some reason

RDX 2016

Quick Reply: 2016 Model Year Changes