Owners of aftermarket head units please help....

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 12:20 AM
do it yourself, !

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Owners of aftermarket head units please help....

Sorry for posting here but I'd probably get a quicker response. I'm putting in an Eclipse head unit and Alpine Nav. The installer is telling me I need a "Bose Converter" which is basically so my head unit can run on the Bose speakers. Is this something that is absolutely necessary or is he trying to jerk me??
Is this something all you guys with aftermarket heads had to use??
This place is highly recommended and I've seen tons of their work. I spoke with Streeteffectz for some work but he's on vacation and I can't do this any other week. Thanks for any help guys.

jeremy
Old 07-20-2001, 12:33 AM
Burning Brakes

You need it. It is a level matching unit for the two components.
Old 07-20-2001, 03:01 PM
Banned

Originally posted by langjae:
<STRONG>Sorry for posting here but I'd probably get a quicker response. I'm putting in an Eclipse head unit and Alpine Nav. The installer is telling me I need a "Bose Converter" which is basically so my head unit can run on the Bose speakers. Is this something that is absolutely necessary or is he trying to jerk me??
Is this something all you guys with aftermarket heads had to use??
This place is highly recommended and I've seen tons of their work. I spoke with Streeteffectz for some work but he's on vacation and I can't do this any other week. Thanks for any help guys.

jeremy</STRONG>
Do yourself a favor and swap out all the speakers while you're at it...it'll save tons of money later...
Old 07-20-2001, 03:43 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by moomaster_99:
<STRONG>Do yourself a favor and swap out all the speakers while you're at it...it'll save tons of money later...</STRONG>
Definitely worth it to replace the speakers too. Bose speakers run don't run off the same speaker level output others do, so yes, if you want to keep 'em, you need the converter. But the Bose speakers also suck, and for real cheap, you can get better ones. You'll be pissed if you spend that money on a good head unit and still get shitty sound. Post some pics when you're done...