NY/NJ New Jersey & New York

Tint Shops Near Central Jersey

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Where Did My Garage Go?!!

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts
Tint Shops Near Central Jersey

Hey anyone know of some good tint shops in the central jersey area. Can you guys post location, contact info, and prices. Looking to start some sort of thread for everyone to look at. Also include if they do the moleskin or not and any additional cost.

Side note. Where do people go to get their inspections done? I know a lot of people have tints in the front and yet you still manage to pass inspection
Old 05-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
i have always used Boss Audio in Amboy, NJ. They charge like $155 for regular tint without moleskin. i haven't asked if they do it with moleskin as i haven't gotten a car tinted in over 2 yrs...
Old 05-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Fear and Loathing in my

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I used Boss Audio as well with one of my older cars, they did a fine job and I think i paid around $150 for a 4 door car. I just got my TL done at Auto Image on Rt 1 Edison. I asked about moleskin and they had no idea so I installed it myself a week after. I paid $200 for the entire car.

The one negative and upsetting part of the job was that they couldn't tint the entire rear quarter panel. When i dropped it off they said they would try, and when I picked it up, it wasn't done. So now I have to find someone that can do just my quarter panels lol
Old 05-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Where Did My Garage Go?!!

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts
thanks.....

withoutcomp1. How much do you charge for the whole car with just the normal film. I had my windows tinted in Indiana where I am for school and now I have scratches all over my front windows. I guess ill need the moleskin since it looks like shit. I am looking to get it all redone once I am home. Whats the cost for removal, moleskin, and tinting my windows and rear.

Also.....still wondering where people go to get their inspections. I feel I'm screwed once I drive home with all my windows at 30%. Those Princeton cops are gonna flip shit
Old 05-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Originally Posted by Timb227
I used Boss Audio as well with one of my older cars, they did a fine job and I think i paid around $150 for a 4 door car. I just got my TL done at Auto Image on Rt 1 Edison. I asked about moleskin and they had no idea so I installed it myself a week after. I paid $200 for the entire car.

The one negative and upsetting part of the job was that they couldn't tint the entire rear quarter panel. When i dropped it off they said they would try, and when I picked it up, it wasn't done. So now I have to find someone that can do just my quarter panels lol
AutoImage couldn't do it? Boss Audio did those windows for me no problem... actually, on one side they went all the way to the edge and the other side they stopped at the rubber... i took it back to them and he fixed it for me so both go all the way to the end of the window now... i can take a pic tonight...

Originally Posted by lucnex
thanks.....

withoutcomp1. How much do you charge for the whole car with just the normal film. I had my windows tinted in Indiana where I am for school and now I have scratches all over my front windows. I guess ill need the moleskin since it looks like shit. I am looking to get it all redone once I am home. Whats the cost for removal, moleskin, and tinting my windows and rear.

Also.....still wondering where people go to get their inspections. I feel I'm screwed once I drive home with all my windows at 30%. Those Princeton cops are gonna flip shit
when i had the car fully tinted, i staggered my tints lighter on the front so during the day i open the sunroof shade to let light in, it would look like there was no tint on the front... but i have since let my dad drive the TL alot and he got pulled over for the front tints and got pissed off and ripped off the tints...

if you come back to jersey, i have a guy that does inspections...
Old 05-28-2009, 09:17 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would say the best even though not in NJ but Feasterville PA is Shades of Grey they do an outstanding job
Old 05-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I got Madico tint installed in Tint Shop in Edison, Route 1 northbound.