NY/NJ New Jersey & New York

Northeast Acura - Latham, NY

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me start by saying this: My Acura has delivered a driving experience just short of heaven. it feels good to drive, is one of the most worthwhile investments i have ever made, and is certainly an eye catcher. i own a Nissan Maxima (great car, don't get me wrong) as well and looks / runs great. However, its no match for my TL, SO i don't drive it anymore (gave it to mom for mothersday). My next car is going to be another Acura. anything else feels like a hooptie. i like it, my kid likes it and when going out my buddies would rather ride with me than in my friend's Mercedes.

That said, this post is NOT about Acura's craftsmanship. This post is to warn everyone i can about a dealership by the name of Northeast Acura in Latham, NY. if you do not want someone lowering the value of your car to buy it for cheap and pilfering your aftermarket parts / accessories, for the love of everything worth loving do NOT bring your car there for service.

I have lost all trust and respect for this dealership. Since my car has some years and miles on it, and a rather unique (i have not seen a car of my year and model anywhere in this area that has seen so much care and i get compliments constantly), they have made repeated attempts to get me to buy a car from them and give me next to nothing for mine. Every time i have brought my car there, several things occur: they tell me i need to replace parts that according to other technicians are perfectly fine and offer to do this for as much as 5 times what any other technician charges, they offer me 10% of what people (who i have informed of every issue with it - which increase with each visit) have offered to pay for my vehicle toward a trade-in, they take out working parts and replace them with old ones, they have left non working parts disconnected and rattling around under my hood and literally steal brand new aftermarket parts from my car (parts that are totally unrelated to the issue i brought my car in for). this occurred during my last visit and it was a NEW part that resolved an issue for 12 bucks that they wanted $600 plus labor to fix!!!!! by stealing this part, they recreated an issue that i resolved 6 months ago and has not come back since - just to get me to put my car in their hands once more. i have NEVER been this displeased with a business in my life. i am offended at how they have repeatedly tried to take advantage of me, under the assumption that i am naive. one of their "technicians" even stole my parking placard from my center console tray! (had to replace it for 10 bucks) i presume he sold it. if they had ANY idea what i do for a living, they wouldnt DARE pull this crap. However, i have strong beliefs against abusing my position or authority. i SIMPLY will NEVER do business with them for anything again, and warn others of my experience. i wouldn't trust them to give me change for a dollar. To everyone reading this, please do NOT trust these people with your automobile. if your car is under warranty, bring it to another Acura dealership. Acura makes excellent products. it is a disgrace to have this kind of ethic contaminate their reputation by making it appear that their cars don't last and are made from shoddy parts!!!!!

Of the $8700 worth of dis-service they claimed my car needed, i addressed all of these for under $800 (some of which did not exist until after they "diagnosed" the vehicle, others non existent altogether) and my car has been running beautifully.

I know for a FACT that this is NOT how Honda/Acura do business. Erik Berkman, who leads Acura's Business Planning Office would go Tarrantino if he knew his company was being represented this way. Honda/Acura grew by making great products, not by preying on customers and sabotaging their vehicles to compel them to buy new ones. The Honda reputation is based on cars that are reliable, yet affordable - while the Acura reputation applies the same principles with added luxury and prestige. i brought my car to an Acura dealership because of THIS reputation that the Honda company has built over the last 69 years.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:54 PM

*** Update!!!

Shortly before posting here, i vented my frustrations via a post on Northeast Acura's Facebook Page. It included NO foul language. How did they address it? they DELETED my post. They did not issue a comment, apology, ask for more information about my experience, offer to contact me directly or anything. Their solution was to delete the post and pretend it never happened. Kind of a "yeah we did it, what are you gonna do about it?" approach. So basically, this is how they deal with unsatisfied customers. So if you like their service, they keep your post up, if not they take it down. Who do they think they are? North Korea? It defeats the purpose of having an open public forum, if it is limited to one opinion. i wonder how many other people have been dissatisfied with their service, who they've censored. Today, while i was waiting for my lighting system to be rewired by someone else after Northeast rewiring it without me asking them to or them even telling me they did so (who wires 2 HIDs into one ballast, when they are already each connected to their own functioning ballast and working properly - I had to purchase a whole new wiring harness ballast and bulb with my rent just to keep from getting pulled over) i looked at some cars on Craigslist and rejected anything the seller said was serviced and maintained by them.

The overall message i get is that this place is only concerned with money.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 99 Posts
Typical stealership story, glad you didnt fall for it. The dealerships around me are pretty fair. I'd post your experience with them on google and yelp.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:03 AM

Thanks, Yvuru. Unortunately, in some ways i feel i did fall for it, just not to the fullest extent. I've still had to spe d money to undo some of what they've done. I dont know if its because im a "minority" or because i dont look my age (im 39 and am frequently told i look like im in my early 20s) but for some reason they see "sucker" when they look at me.