Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

All Oregon Chat #2 Chat about Rain, Cars, and Rained on Cars!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 12:45 PM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by fobstylez
yea Ive been buying my tires from them for a while and just taking it in and installing it, saves a bundle. Thats a pretty cheap price for 4 tires, what size are those?

What do you think about this? comptech strut bar for 300 shipped? I want it but not really sure if 300 shipped is a good deal for this.

looks like the one on my car... they are a pain in the ass to install.. (mine was atleast)

paid 250 for mine.. but you also have to think comptech stopped making them.. err atleast they did for the tsx so if they did for your car just makes it that much rarer to find..
Old 09-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
yea Ive been buying my tires from them for a while and just taking it in and installing it, saves a bundle. Thats a pretty cheap price for 4 tires, what size are those?

What do you think about this? comptech strut bar for 300 shipped? I want it but not really sure if 300 shipped is a good deal for this.

tires are 205/70/15 for our family beater '02 cr-v with 180k miles nearing.
we've been only using goodyear assurance tripletred but wanted to try something different and cheaper. goodyear tripletreds are very very sticky during dry weather and we've gone through previous winter storms without chains or snow tires on the cr-v. wonder how yoko trz's will do this winter.

not sure about the deal on comptech bar. just checked ct-engineering.com and they don't have bars for 2g tl listed on their product list. maybe they discontinued them also they are bit bitchy to install compared to other strut bars
Old 09-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
looks like the one on my car... they are a pain in the ass to install.. (mine was atleast)

paid 250 for mine.. but you also have to think comptech stopped making them.. err atleast they did for the tsx so if they did for your car just makes it that much rarer to find..
yea they are discontinued and you dont see them too often. Does it make a huge difference on handling? have any other bars on your car? I have a cusco lower brace and would like something up top.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by minkl81
tires are 205/70/15 for our family beater '02 cr-v with 180k miles nearing.
we've been only using goodyear assurance tripletred but wanted to try something different and cheaper. goodyear tripletreds are very very sticky during dry weather and we've gone through previous winter storms without chains or snow tires on the cr-v. wonder how yoko trz's will do this winter.

not sure about the deal on comptech bar. just checked ct-engineering.com and they don't have bars for 2g tl listed on their product list. maybe they discontinued them also they are bit bitchy to install compared to other strut bars
if you install it at discount tire they will throw on the same warranty they give on new tires for cheap too.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
yea they are discontinued and you dont see them too often. Does it make a huge difference on handling? have any other bars on your car? I have a cusco lower brace and would like something up top.
That's a good question. I've read on the 2G forums that the stock strut bar is already pretty good. Have you noticed a difference with your lower brace? The biggest bang for the buck for handling improvement is upgrading the RSB. The Progress for the 3G fits the 2G, and it's like 4 or 5mm thicker. Less than $200 from Excelerate IIRC. Upgrading the FSB is a moot point since all the aftermarket ones are the exact same diameter as stock).
Old 09-30-2009, 01:37 PM
WTF?

i just have that for up front.. and i noticed a difference.. specially driving the backroads.. the hard part is trying to line up all the holes to match plus getting the bar in its spot.. in fact the holes that are in the firewall i had to drill alittle bigger just to have it go in just right..

great bar though.. good for the bling bling factor and its titanium
Old 09-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Safety Car

you won't feel much difference with strut bars. i had cusco upper strut bar along with cusco typeII underbrace, but didn't see much improvement. but like others said, beefing up the rear sway bar will make huge difference.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Found my new favorite class..

Photojournalism, sucks that its from 6pm-9:50pm.

But the instructor is a awesome WWII and Korea Vet with 50+ years photojournalism experience.

Cant wait for Wednesdays now.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Traded in my

Kyle - Thanks for the pics of the Aspecs bro but my parents are helpin me out with new rims and tires soon so I'm goin with either new Inspyres or chrome look Aspecs. Otherwise I'd have your rims already. Oh and school + hw = no life anymore. At least for me.

Pete - Just saw your post in e3cabrio? BM thread where he has pics of the "titanium" center console trim and he's trying to sell his "black wood" ones. That's what I wanna do but with SSM and maybe clear coat. Pretty good looking right?
Old 10-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by '02_TL-S
Kyle - Thanks for the pics of the Aspecs bro but my parents are helpin me out with new rims and tires soon so I'm goin with either new Inspyres or chrome look Aspecs. Otherwise I'd have your rims already. Oh and school + hw = no life anymore. At least for me.

Pete - Just saw your post in e3cabrio? BM thread where he has pics of the "titanium" center console trim and he's trying to sell his "black wood" ones. That's what I wanna do but with SSM and maybe clear coat. Pretty good looking right?
hehe is it an old posting cause I dont remember it. Lately its been hard for me to buy stuff for my car. a few months ago I would've jumped on that strut but I'm still debating. I havent bought anything besides a new double din kit. I want a new car already
Old 10-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Burning Brakes

anybody going to the blazers fan fest this weekend?
Old 10-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Traded in my

hehe is it an old posting cause I dont remember it. Lately its been hard for me to buy stuff for my car. a few months ago I would've jumped on that strut but I'm still debating. I havent bought anything besides a new double din kit. I want a new car already
Yea I think it was pretty old but it's on the first page of the BM if you wanna look.
I think I'm going..sounds familiar. But what I am for sure going to is the pre-season game on the 14th so that means no meet for me unless we change it. So..........let's change it!
Old 10-01-2009, 03:22 PM
WTF?

Yea I think it was pretty old but it's on the first page of the BM if you wanna look.
I think I'm going..sounds familiar. But what I am for sure going to is the pre-season game on the 14th so that means no meet for me unless we change it. So..........let's change it!
i thought the pre-season game is oct 6th..
Old 10-01-2009, 03:23 PM
WTF?

anybody going to the blazers fan fest this weekend?
since i work for wells fargo they have been promoting that like crazy.. i heard they wont be doing autographs though so i dont think im going
Old 10-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Burning Brakes

they didnt sign anything last yr. how are you getting your pre season tickets? buy?
Old 10-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Traded in my

i thought the pre-season game is oct 6th..
I'm pretty sure there's a few during oct and nov..fiancee is the fan so I'm just goin to make her happy..LOL
Old 10-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Traded in my

they didnt sign anything last yr. how are you getting your pre season tickets? buy?
The fiancee got em..I just paid for em..LOL I think they were online a few weeks ago and she had been waitin for em so she jumped on it as soon as they came out. Also goin to the Warriors game in March. Don't really like basketball tho..just rackin up the brownie points. Football is my thing
Old 10-01-2009, 05:42 PM
WTF?

The fiancee got em..I just paid for em..LOL I think they were online a few weeks ago and she had been waitin for em so she jumped on it as soon as they came out. Also goin to the Warriors game in March. Don't really like basketball tho..just rackin up the brownie points. Football is my thing
WHAT!!!! hang your head in shame!!! and give me your tickets haha.. basketball is the only decent professional sport we have in portland..

you know there training camp is in tualatin too right? that should make you feel alittle special hahah
Old 10-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Burning Brakes

youre nutso, you gotta watch both. Ive been a blazer fan since I remember, clyde the glide days, then when jail blazers came, I dont care. They won.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Traded in my

WHAT!!!! hang your head in shame!!! and give me your tickets haha.. basketball is the only decent professional sport we have in portland..

you know there training camp is in tualatin too right? that should make you feel alittle special hahah
I agree..only decent professional sport in Portland..but I still think football is the only professional sport worth watching. Everything else is boring as hell to watch. But I played basketball and football in high school.
Haha..yea I know! They actually trained on TuHS' turf when we first got it and I got to meet some of them. It was pretty cool. We always knew they were there cuz there would be Rovers, Hummers and Beamers everywhere in the parking lot or up next to the field which they don't let anyone do.

youre nutso, you gotta watch both. Ive been a blazer fan since I remember, clyde the glide days, then when jail blazers came, I dont care. They won.
I'll watch it but really only cuz she loves the Blazers. Football would beat basketball any day of the week on the tv tho. And the closest football team is Seattle who isn't worth going to see in person lately so I guess I'm stuck with going to a basketball game when I wanna see something live..LOL
Old 10-01-2009, 06:30 PM
WTF?

i guess i just look at the blazers differently.. ive been going to there games since i was born (grandparents are season ticket holders) regardless of the jail era still was a fan gotta stick with the home team
Old 10-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Burning Brakes

i guess i just look at the blazers differently.. ive been going to there games since i was born (grandparents are season ticket holders) regardless of the jail era still was a fan gotta stick with the home team
yup, true blazer fans support them even when they sucked. It was awesome because when they were sucking, I got free tickets all the time! Comcast used to give out lexus club tickets w/o food all the time at the adidas store. Never again will I see that happen.

What happens if its raining during our meet? Go below one deck?
Old 10-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

FREE JJASHAA!!

Was he banned?
Old 10-02-2009, 01:35 PM
WTF?

who is jjashaa?
Old 10-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

2nd Gen TL'r from Socal.

Funny dude, and would post quality stuff from time to time.

Ive read through some of the latest stuff hes been in, and it seems like MODs are clearing out anyone who says something bad about someone as of late.

Guess they want to make more room for all these new jacks that need to ask all their retarded questions that have been discussed to death.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:39 PM
WTF?

hmmm sounds shady
Old 10-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by sT04Louis
2nd Gen TL'r from Socal.

Funny dude, and would post quality stuff from time to time.

Ive read through some of the latest stuff hes been in, and it seems like MODs are clearing out anyone who says something bad about someone as of late.

Guess they want to make more room for all these new jacks that need to ask all their retarded questions that have been discussed to death.
so he's banned? can't believe it
Old 10-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Safety Car

seems like few of the socal guys got banned for 6 days for "post whoring"
Old 10-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Safety Car

anybody dealt with TF Customs?
can't find who works on custom autobody except locally
http://www.tfcustoms.com/tf/
Old 10-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

seems like few of the socal guys got banned for 6 days for "post whoring"
Yea i guess so. Shit sounds stupid. If you ask me let someone whore it up in a local chat. Not like anything is really important in those anyways.

But who knows...let i said it just opens up the doors for all the new guys to ask if wheels will fit there car, or where to buy a twin turbo for their TL so it will run 8sec 1/4 miles.

Never heard of them, but....i wouldnt want my car on that website.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Advanced

Anyone notice Euro808 is selling her stuff in the BM? looks like she moved out of the TL. Was thinking about picking up the sub boxes but they look uneven in volume
Old 10-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Burning Brakes

no, he had been temp banned because some new member was making fun of asians and he is asian and was talking back so he got a temp ban.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...hlight=jjashaa

theres a link to some of his pics, hes a pic post whore.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:52 AM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
They are nice. Owner is a spanish dude. I've been to them several times for quotes, reasonable prices, on the lower end. I've seen the work they do and it looks great. Better than stuff that I've seen come from kadels. IMO.

If you visit them, their location gives a "cheap" feel, I don't know if it really represents their work (apart from their cars which look good) but overall okay.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:53 AM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
^ Oh, and I've never had any work done from them, I've just gone to them to get quotes/shop around.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

no, he had been temp banned because some new member was making fun of asians and he is asian and was talking back so he got a temp ban.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...hlight=jjashaa

theres a link to some of his pics, hes a pic post whore.
Weak. Nothing wrong with picture whoring. Thats about all i do anymore, other than giving idiots on the forum shit.

Wish people could just troll, bash, and be merry without getting a slap on the wrist every other day.
Thats probably the biggest reason I troll club-rsx all the time to get a good laugh at people...well being people.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:11 AM
Burning Brakes

hehe no I have nothing against him, I love his car, he can post all he wants. Ive bought a couple of items from him, like my jdm visors. Lol just stating the facts, he posts quite a bit
Old 10-04-2009, 12:09 PM
WTF?

Originally Posted by ABP1TSX
Anyone notice Euro808 is selling her stuff in the BM? looks like she moved out of the TL. Was thinking about picking up the sub boxes but they look uneven in volume
her car must not go as low as she wanted heh
Old 10-04-2009, 12:13 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
ack we've all asked stupid questions on forums before so what's the point of "bashing" other users if they ask "stupid questions"? If you don't like it, don't answer it, pretty simple really.

Honestly, I barely read the forums and I pretty much post in here only because it's a social thing. I feel that the forums are immature breeding grounds for internet bullying and other stupidity which is an absolute waste of time. Next car I buy I won't bother finding a forum around it or really mod it at all, getting tired of it lol....
Old 10-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Youre just getting olldddddddd
Old 10-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Traded in my

^
I gotta agree tho..lol

Quick Reply: All Oregon Chat #2 Chat about Rain, Cars, and Rained on Cars!