New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Noob here

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 07:35 PM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Noob here

Hello all.
Just became the owner of a 2012 TSX special edition. LOVE THE CAR. Looking forward to conversing and sharing and learning with the forum community
Old 05-13-2018, 01:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts
special edition? hmmm
Old 05-14-2018, 03:47 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by MyGuti
special edition? hmmm
ok. Something wrong with the special edition that required a hmmmmm
Old 05-14-2018, 04:24 PM
Drifting

Received 849 Likes on 605 Posts
Welcome to the board. Sometimes new members come on here and say they have something like a 2005 Type-S TL or a RSX with SH-AWD or some other car that doesn't actually exist. However (as you're aware), the TSX special edition is a real thing:

From Wiki:

2012 TSX Special Edition is a version of the TSX commemorating 25th anniversary of Acura, with 6-speed manual or Sequential SportShift 5-speed automatic transmission, a more aggressive front spoiler, rear bumper fascia and side sills, 17x7.5-inch 5-spoke aluminum wheels with a dark grey finish, a "Special Edition" badge on the trunklid, perforated black Lux Suede inserts and red backing upholstery, unique red stitching and red-lighting throughout the interior, aluminum pedal covers, a black headliner material replaces the standard grey headliner used on other TSX models.

Maybe since there aren't a lot of special edition trims on Acura's, he thought you were mistaken. There's actually a special edition ILX and 4G TL however, so it's not completely unheard of.

By the way, is it a 6-speed or an automatic? I test drove a 6MT once. Damn fun car. I ended up going with the 4G TL but the TSX was my 2nd choice.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts
I thought it was one of those cases, interesting to know that it actually does exist!
Post some pics OP
Old 05-14-2018, 08:36 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by losiglow
Welcome to the board. Sometimes new members come on here and say they have something like a 2005 Type-S TL or a RSX with SH-AWD or some other car that doesn't actually exist. However (as you're aware), the TSX special edition is a real thing:

From Wiki:

2012 TSX Special Edition is a version of the TSX commemorating 25th anniversary of Acura, with 6-speed manual or Sequential SportShift 5-speed automatic transmission, a more aggressive front spoiler, rear bumper fascia and side sills, 17x7.5-inch 5-spoke aluminum wheels with a dark grey finish, a "Special Edition" badge on the trunklid, perforated black Lux Suede inserts and red backing upholstery, unique red stitching and red-lighting throughout the interior, aluminum pedal covers, a black headliner material replaces the standard grey headliner used on other TSX models.
Unfortunately it is the auto but the sport shifters are pretty badass
Maybe since there aren't a lot of special edition trims on Acura's, he thought you were mistaken. There's actually a special edition ILX and 4G TL however, so it's not completely unheard of.

By the way, is it a 6-speed or an automatic? I test drove a 6MT once. Damn fun car. I ended up going with the 4G TL but the TSX was my 2nd choice.
It’s the automatic unfortunately. I’m the paddle shifters are pretty boss though
Old 05-14-2018, 09:06 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by MyGuti
I thought it was one of those cases, interesting to know that it actually does exist!
Post some pics OP