New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

New member here

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 07:59 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member here

Ive been on this forum 1000 times getting helpful info from all of the people here with help regarding my 2002 TL and I have much respect for all of the members on here. My father got me interested in Acuras with his 05 TL and since his passing I have acquired mine and have done every bit of work on it to this day & its alot that has been done. Im 49 going on 21 and live each day like its my last cause tomorrow isnt guaranteed for anyone. My car is a 2002 Acura TL with custom door panels for the stereo I have built into it, suede & leather upholstery throughout the car all hand done by me, I have a 10" touchscreen Soundstream deck, all interior speakers are Soundstream and in the trunk I have a 15" Skar Audio sub with 2 10" skar subs as well. I have 18" custom hydrodipped chrome and copper rims on it with an air ride system about to go in it also with 4 corner independent control of it as well. The exhaust has had the dual back mufflers deleted and now exits straight out through the middle of the back bumper with 21" angled exhaust tips. In the front I replaced the front bumper with a 2000 bumper modified for the 2002 headlights which have been modded as well. They now have 2 sets of projectors on each side with dual angel eyes at the low beam and a single around the high beam. The body has 199000 miles on it and the motor.....well thats my biggest issue right now as coming to work last week i went to slow down and next thing i know i heard a loud rattle and clinging in the topside of the motor. I nursed it to work and had no smoke come out thankfully so it isnt blown. Being a family man with kids the wife and I weighed our options out and decided since it aint blown I would do a complete rebuild of the motor now. I ordered the master engine rebuild kit with .020 oversized pistons, crankshaft and seal bearings and im in the process of pulling the motor now to send to a machine shop to be bored and have them turn the crank and set the pistons in so i can put the rest back in, then back up and running. During the motor rebuild time we are going to get the air ride installed and the custom paint job done on the car. When sshe comes back out she will be terrorizing the muscle cars in this area once again in true 4 door TL fashion.