New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

New member 08 TL Type S

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 07:17 PM
6th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
New member 08 TL Type S

How's it going everyone. I'm a new member, but I've been using acurazine for a few months now. I purchased the car a few years ago with about 59K miles from AZ, drove it to California. I previously owned a 2000 JRSC Prelude. Loved that thing to death, but my family was getting bigger so I had to let it go. Besides the TL, I own a 2013 Pilot and a 1991 NSX (63k mi if anybody is curious). Anyways, I haven't done much to the car. I removed the bluetooth module because it was draining my battery. I ended up purchasing a USA Spec bluetooth adapter because it has the ability to play music and I can use the steering wheel buttons to change songs and answer phone calls. I replaced the OEM mic with the mic that came with the adapter, routed the wire to the back of the trunk where the bluetooth unit is at and it works great. I just installed the J37 manifold with the throttle body. I wanted to keep everything looking stock so I purchased the air tube that comes off of a 2009-2014 TL. I had to cut a hole in the tube to install the intake sensor. It is a little short but it works so far. My plans right now are to get HFPC, J-pipe, but keep the stock exhaust. Anyways, this is my first post. I will be selling my throttle body and intake manifold soon so please be on the lookout! Feel free to PM me if you're interested.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:32 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
love the tl type s... i've went through a few, and regret selling one of the 6 speeds. nice that you have an NSX... is that one the garage queen? haha.

for the TL, the bluetooth is pretty much the first thing to go wrong. not sure if you have auto or manual, but if you have auto, look into the 2nd and 3rd gear solenoids as part of your routine maintenance to prevent tranny failure down the road.

you should also look up the mid muffler delete... it's a simple mod, but makes the tl type s sound almost infiniti g37-ish! welcome to the forum
Old 05-02-2019, 12:21 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by hondeducation
love the tl type s... i've went through a few, and regret selling one of the 6 speeds. nice that you have an NSX... is that one the garage queen? haha.

for the TL, the bluetooth is pretty much the first thing to go wrong. not sure if you have auto or manual, but if you have auto, look into the 2nd and 3rd gear solenoids as part of your routine maintenance to prevent tranny failure down the road.

you should also look up the mid muffler delete... it's a simple mod, but makes the tl type s sound almost infiniti g37-ish! welcome to the forum
Yeah man the nsx is the garage bitch . I do have an automatic (don't judge, NSX is manual). This is the first time I'm hearing about the 2nd and 3rd gear solenoids, I'll do my research. I forgot I came across a thread to delete the mid muffler, that is also on my to-do list. Thank you for the info!
Old 05-02-2019, 09:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts
2nd and 3rd gear solenoids are often referred to as the 3rd and 4th pressure sensors.
Post some pics of those Acuras!
Old 05-02-2019, 12:15 PM
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts
Congrats... love the TL TYPE-S
Old 05-02-2019, 03:11 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by MyGuti
2nd and 3rd gear solenoids are often referred to as the 3rd and 4th pressure sensors.
Post some pics of those Acuras!
yes, that's what they are called lol.

dang, i want to see some pics. where you located btw?
Old 05-02-2019, 06:28 PM
6th Gear

Sorry, TL is covered with pollen.

I'm located in Fairfield, CA, about 45 min away from San Francisco