New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Multiple TL owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 07:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Multiple TL owner

Good day folks! I joined this site about a week ago, but I've been reading as a guest for nearly a decade! Waiting for my 15 days to expire so I can ask some questions! I do all my own mechanic work on all my vehicles. I've already learned so much from this site and fixed quite a few problems. I'm quite happy with these Acuras and I'm still looking for more well worn examples to bring back to life!

My latest acquisition is a 2007 TL type S with 240,000 miles on it. One owner car. Bought it last week. I don't believe the timing belt has EVER been replaced. It's sitting now until I can get to it. Horrible noise from the TB tensioner area and the valves are quite loud. It's also got some serious oil leaks, probably front and rear crank seals. Other than those issues, it's pretty clean inside and out. I'm looking forward to repairing it and having some fun driving it!

The first Acura I bought (around 2010) was a 2003 TL from a local used car dealer. I loved the car. Transmission went out about 120K. Had it rebuilt because it was expedient. The rebuilt transmission is now at 302,000 miles and about to be replaced with the AV6 swap. Most likely this will be my daily driver.

The next one I bought (around 2014) was a 2006 TL with 95,000 miles that somehow ended up as the wife's car when her Honda Odyssey started having issues and was parked. It now has about 215,000 miles on it and I believe it is in need of a transmission as well. It's not horrible and I'm going to the the 3x3 flush with the super-duper miracle Honda tranny fluid. I know for a fact that it's never had the timing belt replaced. It's the next one on the list to take care of. I'll be doing it in the next couple of weeks. It's been a good car. I pray the belt holds out until I can get to it!

About a year ago I bought a 2003 CL with 195,000 miles and multiple issues. Replaced motor mounts, one O2 sensor, 3x3 tranny flush, replaced two bent rims, bought new tires. It's on the list for a timing belt/water pump/idler-tensioner replacement as well. It needs axles and most likely will be getting the AV6 tranny swap in the near future.

Looking forward to the many enjoyable hours here spent learning!