New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Rebuilding a 1999 Acura 3.2 TL

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 10:28 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Rebuilding a 1999 Acura 3.2 TL

Hi All,
I'm a long time Honda owner and always wanted a Acura TL so I picked up a fixer upper a 1999 TL. It really has good bones no rust and body is in great shape, the tranny was junk so I had that rebuilt. This car is for my better half wink wink LOL. With that said I'm doing some minor things myself like a new radio and clearing the head lights of haze. The other things, I'm having the pros handle the rebuild because I'm busy and don't have a clue about anything other than a 4 bolt main small block.
The engine runs good but it's running rich for some reason the car has low miles 134,240miles on it so I know nothing about this cars history. My take on this is start from zero and go through every thing starting with the tranny.
Here is a list of what has been done to date and what needs to be done..
  1. 4 Speed Trans rebuilt and the case has been machined for the shaft Bering's January of 2017 134,133 miles.
  2. Timing belt kit Gates.
  3. Rear Main seal
  4. All fluids have been changed, breaks checked and good to go.
Major things done before I took ownership 4/6/2012 125,728 miles.
  1. Engine replaced
  2. Intake gasket replaced
  3. Radiator hoses replaced
  4. Radiator replaced
  5. Spark plugs replaced
  6. Thermosat replaced
  7. Radiator cap replaced.
Next on the list 4/25/2017.
  1. Engine tune up like PVC and EGR clean out plus replace valve cover gaskets and check spark plugs/ coil packs for damage.
  2. All four struts replaced
  3. New Tires Michelin Pilot
  4. Suspension rebuild if necessary.
  5. Repaint OEM color not cheap yikes.
  6. Window Tint 3M.
This thing should be smoking nice when we are done with it I might give my girl my 2012 Accord EX-L I'll keep the TL LOL