New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

First car purchase! $3700 '06 Acura TL Base - 190k

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 08:38 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking First car purchase! $3700 '06 Acura TL Base - 190k

I'm absolutely new to the Acura brand, I'm only 20 and I just purchased an Acura TL as my first car.
Since I was fifteen I've driven a 2001 Buick Century which blew a rod at 170k. Completely my fault. I knew nothing about cars. Since then I have gained a good bit of mechanical knowledge and know to change the oil every now and then lmao

My 2006 TL is more than I could have dreamed! I love everything about it. Aesthetically it looks great however with 190k miles on it, it does look worn in the typical areas. Everything works and is in good shape. I just got the transmission fluid changed at my local Acura dealer. (Is $79 a good price on that service?)

I have a few concerns since it has so many miles, I want to iron all of them out asap. I feel like it may be time for a new timing belt, but I really have no idea how to actually diagnose whether there is a problem with it or not. I know there's someone out there with an Acura similar to mine, so if I could get any advice on things that I should probably get checked out or any other issues I need to look out for.

I'm excited to join the acurazine community and I hope to learn a lot here!
Thanks in advance to anyone who has any advice!
-JSLEAZEëH