Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 6,896 Likes on 3,502 Posts
Schu's reputation "plummets"

From ITV's site in part:

Schu's paddock rep plummets
Thursday, 15, June, 2006, 14:49

Michael Schumacher’s reputation in the Formula 1 paddock plummeted following his infamous Monaco Grand Prix 'parking' incident, a poll rating the drivers after the first half of 2006 confirms.

F1 Racing magazine’s half-term report asked a jury of 30 pre-eminent F1 figures to rank each driver based on his performances over the first seven grands prix from Bahrain to Monaco.

Schumacher had been sitting second to Fernando Alonso in the vote before the Monte Carlo weekend.

But half of the panel were so outraged by the German’s antics at the Rascasse that they insisted they recast their votes to put him last of the 23 drivers.

This saw the seven-time world champion tumble down the order to 10th place overall.

The F1 Racing jury included FIA president Max Mosley, Renault engineering director Pat Symonds, Williams' Patrick Head, 1982 world champion Keke Rosberg, ITV Sport’s Martin Brundle, as well as Ferrari’s Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne and Jean Todt.

I kinda thought this was a forgotten topic?
Old 06-15-2006, 10:41 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
You would think it was over... but there is so much back stabbing and competitiveness that they will not let this go. The guy paid his penalty and it hurt him and Ferrari.... Someone (Renault maybe??) seems to be spearheading a slander campaign against Schumacher... People just can't let it go....

And what was up with Villeneuve pulling out of the Drivers Union because of it?
Old 06-15-2006, 01:13 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Received 1,072 Likes on 770 Posts
Originally Posted by jmbnova
You would think it was over... but there is so much back stabbing and competitiveness that they will not let this go. The guy paid his penalty and it hurt him and Ferrari.... Someone (Renault maybe??) seems to be spearheading a slander campaign against Schumacher... People just can't let it go....

I dunno, but I think Villeneuve never joined the GPDA. Maybe he's anti union?
Old 06-15-2006, 09:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by jmbnova

I agree,.....beating a dead horse. Im sick of hearing about it,............lets just focus on the rest of the season and stop worrying about what happened in Monaco.