MotoGP: News and Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 08:54 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,231 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Old 06-02-2021, 06:44 AM

Received 5,490 Likes on 3,748 Posts
https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...-2022/6525022/

The current Moto2 world championship leader will remain in the KTM fold to make his premier class debut, while also returning to Tech 3 having competed for the French team in 2017 and 2018 in the intermediate category.

Fresh from his first win of the 2021 Moto2 campaign last time out in Mugello, Gardner will also follow in the footsteps of his father Wayne, who won the 1987 500cc world title in a top-class career which ran between 1983 to 1992.

Gardner is naturally delighted with the deal knowing his MotoGP future is secured, meaning he can focus on fighting for this year’s Moto2 world title.

“I’m extremely happy that KTM have given me this opportunity. It’s a dream come true for me and what we have worked for up until this point,” Gardner, who leads the Moto2 standings by six points, said. “It’s an incredible chance for me and I cannot wait to ride the bike.

“I just want to thank KTM for believing in me. Right now we need to focus on finishing 2021 in a strong way. I want to thank also everyone who has supported me to reach MotoGP. We’re just getting started.”

Gardner also becomes the latest name to reach MotoGP in KTM’s rider academy ladder, following on from current KTM MotoGP factory riders Miguel Oliveira and Brad Binder. On Tuesday, Binder agreed a new three-year deal to stay with the factory KTM squad until the end of 2024.

“It’s a real pleasure for us to bring Remy to MotoGP next season because we knew about his speed and ability for Moto2 and he has confirmed that potential,” Pit Beirer, KTM’s motorsport director, said.

“We believe there is much more to come from him and it’s important he has this opportunity to keep growing. Remy is a typical racer. He’s super-determined and never gives up. He’s exciting to watch and we’re looking forward to working with him in this next step.

“Again, we’re also showing that the KTM GP Academy can give the right opportunity for riders that want to go all the way.”

With Tech 3 signing up Gardner for 2022, it means either Iker Lecuona or Danilo Petrucci is set to leave the team at the end of this season.

Lecuona joined Tech 3 from the final round of the 2019 MotoGP season, while Petrucci arrived from the factory Ducati squad at the start of this year.

“Although we are flat out into our 2021 campaign, having done six races with pretty good results at the last two rounds, we as well also have to think what will be our future,” Herve Poncharal, Tech 3 team manager, said.

“Winston Churchill said, to govern is to foresee and I think we have to think about what could be the ideal line up for 2022.

“With Red Bull and KTM we have an incredible tool, starting from the Rookies Cup, going to the Moto3 world championship teams and then of course the official Moto2 team and therefore it was important to secure Remy Gardner, who is now leading the Moto2 world championship, having won the last round in Mugello in a very smart way.

“It was wise and good to secure him and to give him the chance to finally reach his dream, which is riding in MotoGP. We are very proud, happy and confident to welcome Remy. We believe he will be a strong asset to the KTM MotoGP line up and I think having taken this decision is going to help Remy to focus 100% on his Moto2 world championship and will also help us, the Tech 3 KTM Factory Racing Team, to focus on our 2021 season.”
Old 06-02-2021, 09:53 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Received 1,139 Likes on 820 Posts
However, Miller has shot back into championship contention after taking a first victory in five years at the Spanish Grand Prix before backing it up with a win in the flag-to-flag French GP.

Ahead of Ducati's home round at Mugello, it has announced it has taken up the option on Miller's contract for 2022.

"We are delighted to be able to announce that we will continue with Miller also in 2022," Ducati general manager Gigi Dall'Igna said.
I knew this was going to happen. As soon as they extended Miler's contract, he goes cold at Mugello.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:39 AM

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/...nd-prix/376648

Team Suzuki Ecstar’s Alex Rins will miss this weekend’s Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya after suffering a cycling accident at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya on Thursday morning.

After the unfortunate fall, Rins was taken to Barcelona’s Universitari Dexeus Hospital for further examination and medical checks revealed a fracture in the radius bone. Suzuki have confirmed the fracture is immobilised and on Friday morning, Rins will undergo surgery, meaning he will not take part in his home Grand Prix.

The Hamamatsu factory have confirmed Rins won't be replaced at the Catalan GP, so reigning World Champion Joan Mir will be the sole Team Suzuki Ecstar representative during Round 7. Hopefully we will see Rins back on track in a couple of weekend's time at the Sachsenring.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:40 AM

Suzuki doesn't have any reserve/sub riders?
Old 06-03-2021, 11:57 AM
Pro

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
Suzuki doesn't have any reserve/sub riders?
Sylvain Guintoli is Suzuki's test rider and could probably sub for Rins. It is short notice.
Old 06-03-2021, 01:43 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

I never got the test rider role problem with MotoGP. There's always someone going injured, and rarely do they immediately promote the test rider as a substitute. Seems like the test rider is only there for testing, not for substituting.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:26 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by F-C
I never got the test rider role problem with MotoGP. There's always someone going injured, and rarely do they immediately promote the test rider as a substitute. Seems like the test rider is only there for testing, not for substituting.
It seems to differ from one team to the next. Ducati have typically used test rider Michele Pirro as a substitute when needed. Pirro has sub'd for riders on the factory and Pramac Ducati teams, and usually rides as a wild card in at least one race per season. Ducati brought Tito Rabat from WSBK to substitute for Jorge Martin the past few or so races.

Honda has used test rider Stephan Bradl to sub for Crutchlow, Lorenzo, and Marquez. Bradl raced as a wild card at Jerez a few weeks ago.

Pedrosa hasn't sub'd or raced as a wild card for KTM yet. Seems like he is only going to be a test rider. Yamaha has also seemed hesitant to find subs quickly. I am not sure if that will change now that they have Crutchlow as a dedicated test rider.

If the rumors are true, Ducati could have 8 bikes on the grid next season. More potential opportunities for Pirro or other Ducati substitutes.

Old 06-07-2021, 08:15 AM

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...otogp/6541944/

In the latter stages of Sunday's 24-lap Barcelona race, Quartararo's Yamaha leathers split open with around five tours to go and he was seen discarding his chest protector at Turn 3 while trailing eventual winner Miguel Oliveira.

Quartararo continued to the chequered flag with his suit fully open, but was not initially penalised despite the regulations surrounding safety equipment stating: "The equipment must be worn, correctly fastened, at all times during on-track activity."

However, following further investigation by MotoGP's Stewards Panel on Sunday evening, Quartararo was deemed to have contravened the regulations surrounding safety equipment.

As a result, the Yamaha rider has been hit with a three-second penalty, which drops him from fourth in the race classification to sixth, promoting Joan Mir to fourth and Yamaha teammate Maverick Vinales to fifth.

A statement issued by the FIM read: "On 6 June 2021 during the MotoGP race of the Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya, you [Quartararo] were observed to be riding with your leather suit not correctly fastened and without the required chest protector.

"This is an infringement of Article 2.4.5.2 of the FIM World Championship Grand Prix Regulations.

"For the above reasons, the FIM MotoGP Stewards Panel has imposed a three-second penalty to be applied to the race results of the Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya MotoGP race."

Quartararo had already been given a three-second penalty for a track limits violation in the latter stages at Turns 1 and 2, when a mistake sent him through the run-off area and he was deemed not to have dropped a second in lap time to the rider behind.

This dropped Quartararo from third at the chequered flag to fourth.

Quartararo had no explanation for why his leathers came undone and said Alpinestars was looking into the issue.

A number of riders felt Quartararo should have been black-flagged during the race for the infringement, while Suzuki's Mir said the Yamaha man had endangered other riders when he discarded his chest protector.

In response to these comments and the calls for a penalty, Quartararo took to Instagram to vent his frustrations.

"Congratulations to all the people that go to complain for another penalty," he wrote.

"I put nobody in danger, like a ride says, and it was already tough for me to ride.

"But great to see the real faces of some people. Just want to thank all the people that support me and help through difficult moments. See you in the next one."

Quartararo's latest penalty means his championship lead shrinks from 17 points to 14 over Pramac's Johann Zarco, who was second on Sunday at Barcelona.
Old 06-08-2021, 07:18 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Quartararo should have been given a black flag. That was so reckless. Black flag to the stewards as well for not not knowing their own rule book.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:05 AM

On the cool down in lap, they showed him zipping it up.
Not sure how a race suit unzips like that, without some user manipulation.
With how tucked onto the bike as they are, not sure if there would be a camera angle that would show what really happened. I'd say he got lucky to still finish 6th after the track limits excursion & the race suit infraction.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:37 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

I can not believe it was a malfunction of the zipper as they claim.
Pure speculation here, but my guess is that the chest plate itself was "malfunctioned" in that it was somehow moved out of place causing him discomfort, so he decided to open the zipper and chuck it.

I'm putting less of a blame on Quatararo himself, because I can understand as a racer that he's only thinking about racing and finishing with a win. I'm furious with 1) race control for not knowing their own rules and not displaying a black flag, and 2) Yamaha for not recognizing that they are putting one of their riders at great risk.

Just think about it, Yamaha is a manufacturing company, where on the job employee safety should be priority number one. Their health and safety team should be all over this one.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:23 AM

Agreed.

As an aside, I can't imagine that flapping around at 200mph, much less the increased drag on the rider.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:33 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by F-C
I can not believe it was a malfunction of the zipper as they claim.
Pure speculation here, but my guess is that the chest plate itself was "malfunctioned" in that it was somehow moved out of place causing him discomfort, so he decided to open the zipper and chuck it.
I've noticed that Fabio often doesn't have a synthetic t-shirt or suit under his leathers. You can see his chest when he sits on the bike or in the pits with his leathers unzipped.

You're probably right in that the chest plate may have slide out of place, possibly due to sweating. A light weight synthetic t-shirt at the minimum would help absorb the sweat and might keep the chest plate in place.

Old 06-08-2021, 09:37 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by SlowLane
You can see his chest when he sits on the bike or in the pits with his leathers unzipped.
The NBCSN coverage now shows the pre-race in the pit garage shots and Quatararo is always shirtless. I always found that kind of odd since it was only Quatararo.
Old 06-08-2021, 03:56 PM

https://jalopnik.com/theres-still-no...sui-1847054198

You can almost always count on MotoGP for 45 minutes of exciting racing, and last Sunday’s round at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya certainly didn’t disappoint. It was an event full of tense action at the front, with Miguel Oliveira snatching the early lead of the race from Jack Miller, who’d already swept it from pole-sitter Fabio Quartararo.

That drama continued for the remainder of the 24 laps, Oliveira masterfully holding off late attacks from Johann Zarco and Quartararo — though, the latter was, to be fair, a bit preoccupied with a very unusual problem in the waning moments of the race.

Quartararo’s leathers inexplicably split open with four laps left to go, forcing the Frenchman to finish the race unzippered and his chest and stomach entirely exposed. At one point, Quartararo was seen tossing the breastplate of his suit because it was presumably too uncomfortable to ride with it flapping about. After it was all over, he seemed as confused as anyone watching.

This saga was extraordinarily weird as it unfolded and is still perplexing as of Tuesday, because Alpinestars — the suit’s manufacturer — found nothing wrong with Quartararo’s leathers in its initial evaluation, according to Motorsport.com. The company says it will conduct further testing once the suit is back at its laboratory.

In a statement, Alpinestars said: “Following Sunday’s MotoGP race at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, the Alpinestars’ Racing Development team commenced an investigation into the integrity of Fabio Quartararo’s racing suit.

“Upon initial analysis post-race in the Alpinestars Racing Development truck located in the MotoGP paddock, the team found the suit to be in normal working order with all zippers and fasteners fully functioning.

“Furthermore, all the suit’s componentry, including the Tech-Air® Airbag System, was intact and fully functioning. The Tech-Air® Airbag System did not deploy during the race, it functioned as expected, as there was not a crash situation.
The first explanation that spread suggested the airbags in Quartararo’s suit were somehow triggered while he was riding, though that apparently didn’t happen. Others wondered if he improperly zipped his leathers before starting, but onboard footage from before the incident appeared to show everything good and fastened. In fact, Quartararo’s crew chief, Diego Gubellini, said as much on
Facebook Post
:

​​​​​
Before the start of the race Fabio close the leather suit properly (as on board camera confirmed),

the leather suit suddenly opened during the braking of turn 1, 4 laps to the end,

Fabio went out at 1, 3 laps to the end losing 0.7sec,

in an attempt to close the suit, the front protection flew off because of the speed.
I’d still be inclined to think something wasn’t quite right with the way Quartararo zipped up his suit, if only because it’d be the easiest explanation. But according to The Race, which cites “contacts in the MotoGP paddock,” the going theory is apparently that Quartararo’s chest protector slid up within his leathers at some point, and in trying to shove it back down he may have inadvertently unfastened his suit.

Weirdly, Quartararo was not black flagged during the race for riding nearly shirtless, which you’d think would be an instant DQ in MotoGP. Sure, the situation was no intentional fault of his own, but if the previous weekend’s tragedy in Moto3 wasn’t a reminder enough, riders need to be as safe as possible behind the handlebars. Even the man himself later admitted he shouldn’t have been allowed to finish:

“First of all, I think looking back at what happened, now that the story is finished I can be happy,” he told the media. “It’s difficult to admit, but yes, it was a black flag. It’s true that I put myself in danger, and after what happened last week it would have been the correct thing to do. But I got lucky.
Quartararo was ultimately given a three-second penalty, which comes across as a bit of an unfair move from the stewards in retrospect. I understand the need to set a precedent, but the officials shirked their responsibilities by not removing Quartararo from the race the moment his suit burst open. Handing him a time penalty after the fact does nothing. In tandem with another penalty received for shortcutting the course.

Quartararo lost six seconds in total, dropping him from third to sixth in the final results. A weird end to a very weird episode we may never know the full story behind.
​​​​​​​
Old 06-08-2021, 03:57 PM

Triggering/releasing the zipper while trying to adjust the chest protector, at least it makes some reasonable sense.
Old 06-08-2021, 06:30 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

I know of no zipper where you can unzip it without fully intending to with your fingers. Still sounds extremely fishy.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:52 AM

I have no knowledge of how the zippers on racing leathers work, but I imagine they are not like the 'locking' pants-type zippers, where lifting the 'handle' unlocks them.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:33 AM
AZ Community Team

Penalty seems a bit harsh, a 1st offence warning I could see. As for the zipper, I've seen all kinds on leathers, but most are medium/large tooth nylon/metal zippers than do not unzip that easily.
The following users liked this post:
00TL-P3.2 (06-09-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 11:21 AM
~HondaF1~

Received 110 Likes on 89 Posts
Agree with all the zipper points, must've been intentional...
Old 06-10-2021, 11:41 AM

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/98...tator-capacity

Both Austria MotoGP rounds at the Red Bull Ring will be open to full spectator capacity.

For the first time since 2019, MotoGP will be open to full crowd capacity with both Austria races at the Red Bull Ring.

The Styrian Grand Prix replaces the Finnish Grand Prix that was scheduled for August 6-8, and will run one week ahead of the Austrian Grand Prix in order to form the double-header.

Dorna Sports have released an official statement, saying: "Dorna Sports is delighted to confirm that both the Michelin Grand Prix of Styria and the Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich will welcome fans back to the grandstands in 2021.

"Spectator restrictions are being lifted at sporting events in Austria this summer, and the gates of the Red Bull Ring will therefore be open to MotoGP fans who are either vaccinated, tested or recovered from Covid-19.

"Fans will be able to attend the emblematic Spielberg venue at full capacity for both the Styrian and Austrian GPs.

"The MotoGP paddock will continue to operate as a separate Covid-19 safe bubble at both events."

The news comes after the recent Catalunya Grand Prix saw a reduced number of fans in attendance (20% capacity), while Assen is also expected to have a limited number of spectators.

Since the Covid-19 global pandemic hit last year, most races had been run behind closed doors until Qatar and Barcelona this year.

It remains to be seen what/if rounds will have fans and at what capacity following Austria, but nonetheless, it’s a positive sign for all MotoGP fans.
Old 06-21-2021, 12:48 PM
AZ Community Team

Haven't watched the race yet but so cool Marc winning the German MotoGP

Last edited by Legend2TL; 06-21-2021 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-21-2021, 01:05 PM

In my queue to watch tonight. DVR caught it around 1030pm & I wasn't up for staying up that late to watch it last night.
Old 06-21-2021, 07:30 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was absolutely a fantastic race. I'm still over the moon happy for Marquez. Also MotoGP may come to Austin this year as well.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:14 AM

Watched last night, great race.
MM, 11 times He really put the hammer down when the threat of rain showed up, opened the gap almost immediately.
Olivera was reeling him in pretty well, just didn't quite have the pace.
MV & the SRT boys were just stuck at the back.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:41 AM
Intermediate

It was brilliant, veteran strategy. Seeing how much winning this race meant to him was touching. And you know it was a major confidence booster...Plus, his record remains intact.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:23 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

The SachsenKing! Amazing race by Marc. I think we all knew that he was going to win again, but the question was how long it would take. I didn't see it happening in Germany though, as after the last race, it was very doom and gloom with Honda.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:32 PM
Intermediate

Clever word play! He is indeed and if MotoGP comes back to CotA this year, fingers crossed, he can maintain his supreme-ness there as well. This upcoming race may not be a podium finisher but the 5 weeks summer break should be quite beneficial. If we could petition Dorna to reverse the direction of the tracks for the rest of the season. Should help Marquez out 😉
Old 06-22-2021, 01:10 PM

Hoping for COTA to get back on the calendar.
Also hoping for a double-header with F1, might get lucky & get to attend both.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:17 PM
Intermediate

I would love to go to CotA and see the race...Might imitate the Europeans and sneak in. Listening to the commentators tell how the fans will find a way in never fails to make me laugh...
Old 06-22-2021, 05:04 PM
Pro

MV & the SRT boys were just stuck at the back.
Morbidelli is struggling with knee problems this season. He is going to miss this weekend's race. He discussed having surgery, but it sounds like recovery time could be significant.

Morbidelli to miss MotoGP Dutch TT with knee injury (msn.com)

Injured Morbidelli outlines knee surgery dilemma - The Race (the-race.com)

Old 06-22-2021, 09:38 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by SlowLane
Morbidelli is struggling with knee problems this season. He is going to miss this weekend's race. He discussed having surgery, but it sounds like recovery time could be significant.

Morbidelli to miss MotoGP Dutch TT with knee injury (msn.com)

Injured Morbidelli outlines knee surgery dilemma - The Race (the-race.com)
That's very unfortunate. I was wondering why he was struggling so much. I hope this doesn't derail his plans for next year because he was riding so well.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:44 AM

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/...updated/360428

The FIM, IRTA and Dorna Sports can now announce a new date for the Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas in Austin, Texas. The event was previously postponed and will now take place from the 1st to the 3rd of October 2021.

The OR Grand Prix of Thailand will therefore take place a week later than previously scheduled, from the 15th to the 17th of October.

The FIM, IRTA and Dorna Sports must also confirm the cancellation of the Motul Grand Prix of Japan. The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and resulting travel complications and logistical restrictions mean that it has not been possible to confirm the event at this time meaning that it will therefore not feature on the 2021 calendar. The FIM MotoGP™ World Championship looks forward to returning to race in front of the Japanese fans at their home Grand Prix in 2022.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:44 AM

Now to keep an eye out for COTA ticket prices, gotta be a bit less than F1, I'd think.
Old 06-24-2021, 10:57 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by F-C
That's very unfortunate. I was wondering why he was struggling so much. I hope this doesn't derail his plans for next year because he was riding so well.
I think Morbidelli's struggles are a combination of the knee problems and being stuck on a 2 year old spec Yamaha. I thought someone said that recovery from surgery to fix Mobidelli's knee could take 6 months. If that is true, then he would need to have the surgery soon to be ready for testing next season.

Old 06-24-2021, 11:02 AM

Just checked COTA, tickets for the USGP go on sale in July. No mention on any pricing yet.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:04 AM

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/...remier%20class

The brand-new Aramco Racing Team VR46 have confirmed they and Ducati have signed a three-year contract together to compete in the MotoGP™ World Championship from 2022-2024, with the Tavullia based team also confirming they have penned a five-year contract with Dorna Sports to race in the premier class.

Aramco Racing Team VR46 will be an Independent Team with the Borgo Panigale factory, having two bikes line up on the 2022 grid and beyond. Pablo Nieto – current Team Manager of SKY Racing Team VR46 in Moto2™ and Moto3™ – will be promoted to Team Manager of the MotoGP™ setup, with the Spaniard closely linked to talents of the VR46 Riders Academy and the current teams they have in the intermediate and lightweight classes.

The agreement consolidates the partnership between VR46 and Tanal Entertainment Sport & Media, the joint venture with Saudi Aramco and is part of Tanal's investment plans for Entertainment Sports & Media related to Saudi Vision 2030. These include large urban projects linked to the KSA New Cities brand, research and avant-garde technology with the involvement of MAIC Technologies, KMHG and other partners international projects and projects aimed at sustainability also in the Motorsport sector.

Alessio Salucci, VR46 Riders Academy: "We are happy to announce that in 2022 we will race in MotoGP with a team of two riders in the colours of the VR46. A journey that began a little over eight years ago with the birth of the VR46 Riders Academy, a beautiful adventure shared with Sky, a long, demanding journey, but full of satisfactions and which makes us very proud. This milestone has a truly unique meaning, but it is not an arrival point.

“Year after year, since 2013, we have grown, we have managed to write beautiful pages of our sport between Moto3 and Moto2 and we crossed our path with many young talents of Italian motorcycling that we have had the privilege of being able to support in their growth path and that we will continue to support from the classes lower up to the MotoGP. A key moment in our history that would not be it was possible without Carmelo Ezpeleta who has always believed in this project and to Ducati for the trust he has placed in us for the future.”

Carmelo Ezpeleta, Dorna Sports CEO: “Having the pleasure of welcoming Team VR46 to the MotoGP category in 2022 is exciting both for fans from all over the world and for the MotoGP paddock followed the incredible career of Valentino Rossi and the growth of the VR46 Riders Academy from the beginning. Valentino is and will continue to be a very important part of the FIM MotoGP World Championship and now, with his team arriving in the class MotoGP, his extraordinary legacy will continue to inspire new generations of riders and fans. We welcome them to the premier class and look forward to many great achievements in the future.”

Luigi Dall’Igna, Ducati Corse General Manager: “We are very pleased to have reached this agreement with VR46 for the next three years. Their Academy has always worked seriously and with great professionalism, giving many riders the opportunity to gain experience in Moto2 and Moto3, and today they can be proud to have brought three young riders of great talent. VR46 has also shown that it is able to competently manage the a successful team in Moto3 and Moto2 and therefore we will strive to provide the maximum technical support to their new team in MotoGP, convinced they have found in VR46 an ambitious and motivated partner like us, with a common goal to achieve great results together.”

HRH Prince Abdulaziz bin Abdullah Al Saud: "To communicate the beauty of Saudi Arabia's Vision 2030, from our history millennial to the major projects that have been announced for the next few years, we have selected VR46 for a five-year joint venture as a strategic partner for competing as protagonists in the MotoGP World Championship organized by Dorna Sports. The agreement just signed between the team and Ducati for the supply of motorcycles for the seasons 2022-2024 is certainly news that we welcome very much positive. Ducati is a company that has great value both in Italy and abroad as well to have demonstrated incredible competitiveness.

“It would be great for me that Valentino Rossi can compete in the next few years as a pilot of our Aramco Racing Team VR46 together with his brother Luca Marini who already competes this year with the sponsorship of our brands KSA New Cities, MAIC Technologies, TANAL Entertainment Sport & Media. TANAL Entertainment Sport & Media and Aramco in the next few days will announce a collaboration in the projects from Saudi Arabia of international motorsport and the details of the project with VR46 in MotoGP and Moto2 world championship with the hope of being able to further extend its presence in MotoGP, which represents a fantastic show to train in the future young Saudi champions are also imminent.”
Old 06-24-2021, 11:04 AM

Curious what the NDA looks like, with Rossi being a Yamaha rider & his team running Ducati equipment.
Old 06-24-2021, 12:42 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Curious what the NDA looks like, with Rossi being a Yamaha rider & his team running Ducati equipment.
And also Petronas vs. Saudi Aramco... Maybe not a direct competitor, but still different petrol companies.

Of course if Rossi retires at end of this year, it would be a moot point.

Quick Reply: MotoGP: News and Discussion Thread