M Schumacher won again in Germany

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 12:57 PM
Powered By HONDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M Schumacher won again in Germany

he is really cool..and takes 10 more points.....
his teammate should take #3 position but due to the delay in pit ...he can only gain the #4..and JPM gets the #2 positon and i do not understand why R Schumacher was called in the pit before 10 more laps to the finish lines??? BMW team wants JPM to get the #2 position purposely??
a lot of changes to the next season F-1 such as jeason button will go to BAR..and Mark Weber will go to Jaguar to replace Eddie Irvine ..Jordan will not use honda engine next season..i will keep update the info to those F-1 fans in this forum....
Old 07-28-2002, 06:08 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 626 Likes on 277 Posts
LOOK...NO MORE F1 SPOILERS IN SUBJECT HEADINGS.

Some of us, work Sat nights, and don't get up to see the live broadcast of the races...and we like to watch the race without knowing who won...

this is TWO weeks in a row the same thing has been done by different people...

PLEASE DON'T DO IT AGAIN.

Thanks Management.
Old 07-28-2002, 06:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

ralf was called in the pits because he was supposedly loosing air for the engine valves
i thought irvine was staying with jag...only less pay
Old 07-28-2002, 07:01 PM
Powered By HONDA

Originally posted by Astroboy

Some of us, work Sat nights, and don't get up to see the live broadcast of the races...and we like to watch the race without knowing who won...

Thanks Management.
sorry dude
Old 07-28-2002, 07:09 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Thanks Management.
Attn Management...

That is F'n idiotic...

What is the appropriate timeframe for posting the results of events from 12+ hours earlier???

This is a discussion forum, and there should be specific guidelines as to when it is appropriate for us non-management to post something. I mean we would not want to upset management (Astroboy)

Should we wait a minimum of 48 hours before we begin a discussion on this forum

Go ahead a delete this too Astroboy. Just like some of my recent posts...

Someone has had a major attitude change since he lost his license...
Old 07-28-2002, 07:18 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

silversocal...I'm not sure what your problem with me is today...

BUT...I am not asking people to not post the results...all I was asking is that put F1 results or something similar in the subject of the thread...that way, the results of the race aren't given away to someone just browsing the forum...you would have to click open the thread to find out who won...
Old 07-28-2002, 07:26 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Originally posted by SilverSoCal_CL-P

Someone has had a major attitude change since he lost his license...
oh, btw, I lost my license last February, don't think it's connected.
Old 07-28-2002, 07:38 PM
Moderator Alumnus

silversocal...I'm not sure what your problem with me is today...

BUT...I am not asking people to not post the results...all I was asking is that put F1 results or something similar in the subject of the thread...that way, the results of the race aren't given away to someone just browsing the forum...you would have to click open the thread to find out who won...

My question to managment remains... What if I want to start a post about the winner of a race/game. How long must we wait before you can include the results in the title of your post.

Old way:
"Lakers 3peat again!!!"

New way (boring):
"Basketball championship (Results inside)"

Old way:
"Armstrong kicks ass again"

New way (boring):
"Tour de France (Results included)

It just seems stupid that we need to censor our postings so a select few, (Astroboy), can watch a sporting event a day later and still be surprised by the results.

We are not talking about the Oscars or Emmys which is tape delayed between the East and West coasts. The F1 race was broadcat live nearly 24 hours ago. Anyone watching ESPN / Fox Sports / CNN / etc... would already know the results.

And anyways if it's a F1 race, you can be pretty sure that Schumacher is gonna win.
Old 07-28-2002, 07:53 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
dude... its just COMMON courtesy...

especially when it comes to F1, its not like its something your BOUND to hear before you can watch the race.

I would say most people dont have a chance to catch 6AM races until an evening broadcast.

so if the results of the race are blown its likely event it would be from the post here.

this is an especially important note in reference to races such as last weekends where the outcome was totally out of sight until the last lap and a half.

just asking for some common courtesy. same would go for posting the outcome of a movie plot or something...

is this really something worth protesting?? :sqnteek:
Old 07-28-2002, 08:01 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Originally posted by SilverSoCal_CL-P
The F1 race was broadcat live nearly 24 hours ago. Anyone watching ESPN / Fox Sports / CNN / etc... would already know the results.

And anyways if it's a F1 race, you can be pretty sure that Schumacher is gonna win.
last week, there was no way to know who was going to win, until the checkered flag...often times it's not even about who won, for me it's more finding out who came 2nd and 3rd that's the excitement...

The thread was posted at shortly b4 6pm, that would be 10 hours after the start of the race, and about 8 hours from the completion of the race....I really don't think I'm being that unreasonable...

if everyone feels the same way you do, then I'll just refuse to look at the board on Sundays until the end of the season.
Old 07-29-2002, 07:17 AM
Drifting

yea what soopa said its jus courtesy it really is frustrating when you want to watch the race and someone blows it for you its happened before and will probably happen again
Old 07-29-2002, 07:48 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by liquid_x
yea what soopa said its jus courtesy it really is frustrating when you want to watch the race and someone blows it for you its happened before and will probably happen again

What I am asking for here are some non-arbitrary rules.

A: Which sports/events are covered by this rule. (Besides F1)?

B: How long before you can use a non-generic title for your post. (12 hrs, 24 hrs, 48 hrs, Never)? When can my post title include the results of a sporting event/news story?

C: What about if you post title is about a major crash/event during the race (i.e.: “Schumacher dies at the German Gran Prix”, should that also be edited?)
Old 07-30-2002, 10:50 AM
Advanced

Last week I was the spoiler and being as passionate about F1 as I am and realizing it caused Astro to be just as pissed as I would be under the same circumstances, I realized I was wrong. OTOH, it is a message board and maybe he shld no looky if that is what he's worried about. Nonetheless, Astro PM'd me so this didn't get dragged out like it is here. Just drop it and have some respect is all he's askin' for.