Anyone have EA Sports F1 2002 PC game?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 01:08 PM
My other car is a 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have EA Sports F1 2002 PC game?

http://www.ea.com/easports/platforms...12002/pccd.jsp

I bought this game for my PC along with a Logitech MOMO Force steering wheel around the beginning of July and I am absolutely addicted to it!

The realism of this game is amazing, especially the force feedback effects. You can change the level of difficulty and drivers aids (traction control, steering assistance, braking assistance, etc) to suit your ability. There are are two predefined vehicle setups for each track (a normal one and one with more grip) or you can set up your own.

All the 2002 venues are in the game including the shortened version of the Hockenheim track that debuted this year.

It really is an amazing experience and a fun game, especially if you can fork out the $$$ for a nice force feedback steering wheel. Highly recommended!!

Old 07-30-2002, 01:30 PM
Racer

Re: Anyone have EA Sports F1 2002 PC game?

Originally posted by H@mmerm@n

I bought this game for my PC along with a Logitech MOMO Force steering wheel around the beginning of July and I am absolutely addicted to it!

The realism of this game is amazing, especially the force feedback effects. You can change the level of difficulty and drivers aids (traction control, steering assistance, braking assistance, etc) to suit your ability. There are are two predefined vehicle setups for each track (a normal one and one with more grip) or you can set up your own.

All the 2002 venues are in the game including the shortened version of the Hockenheim track that debuted this year.

It really is an amazing experience and a fun game, especially if you can fork out the $$$ for a nice force feedback steering wheel. Highly recommended!!

So when yo coming down to L.A. so we can race?

Let me know!
Old 07-30-2002, 01:31 PM
Racer

Re: Anyone have EA Sports F1 2002 PC game?

I might be in Sacramento soon! My girlfriend's father lives up there!
Old 07-30-2002, 02:30 PM
My other car is a 350Z

Re: Re: Anyone have EA Sports F1 2002 PC game?

Originally posted by Gabo3k

So when yo coming down to L.A. so we can race?

Let me know!
If you have the game and a decent internet connection (DSL or cable) we can race each other.
Old 07-30-2002, 02:54 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Re: Anyone have EA Sports F1 2002 PC game?

If you have the game and a decent internet connection (DSL or cable) we can race each other.
That would be cool Can't wait to try it Hammer
Old 07-30-2002, 03:20 PM
Racer

Re: Re: Re: Anyone have EA Sports F1 2002 PC game?

Yeah, got DSL line. Just have to buy the game! I have it on my PS2.

How much is the game?
Old 07-30-2002, 05:38 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I have 2001 and love it. I need to get 2002.
Old 07-30-2002, 08:32 PM
My other car is a 350Z

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone have EA Sports F1 2002 PC game?

Originally posted by Gabo3k

Yeah, got DSL line. Just have to buy the game! I have it on my PS2.

How much is the game?
$39.95 directly from EAsports.

http://www.ea.com/app/store/en/prod_...4525&oid=51701

You may be able to find it $5-10 cheaper via a local retailer, though.
Old 07-31-2002, 12:53 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WOW sounds like fun!!!!
I might get it!! I will have to check it out!!
Where did you get your steering wheel???
I have been looking for the MOMO one, and I have found it for like $150, but man that is some serious $$$$$ for an item you aren't gonna use that often!!!!
Let me know!!

If I get the set up, it's ON!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2002, 01:01 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was just doing a search for the steering wheel, and buy.com had them for $93.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:
Old 07-31-2002, 02:52 PM
My other car is a 350Z

Originally posted by AztecRol
WOW sounds like fun!!!!
I might get it!! I will have to check it out!!
Where did you get your steering wheel???
I have been looking for the MOMO one, and I have found it for like $150, but man that is some serious $$$$$ for an item you aren't gonna use that often!!!!
Let me know!!

If I get the set up, it's ON!!!!!!!
I bought mine directly from the Logitech web site for $199. I had no problem justifying the expsense...I consider it just another mod......plus I play the damn game almost every night now...I'm hooked!
Old 07-31-2002, 05:16 PM
Drifting

i dont have it for PC but i have it for ps2 the first day i bought it my friend and i did a full season
Old 08-01-2002, 07:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 6,881 Likes on 3,491 Posts
I have 2000 and 01. This game rocks! Question, does the 02 game have weird deficiencies in the graphics that look like a thin solid sheet going over some of the tracks?? On the Australian venue, there's a "wall" of red right in the middle of one of the exits to a turn. You just have to go through it and the wall disappears. Just curious. I'll get 02 game and we can race on the net (I've gotta dsl link).
Old 08-01-2002, 03:36 PM
My other car is a 350Z

Originally posted by Chief F1 Fan
I have 2000 and 01. This game rocks! Question, does the 02 game have weird deficiencies in the graphics that look like a thin solid sheet going over some of the tracks?? On the Australian venue, there's a "wall" of red right in the middle of one of the exits to a turn. You just have to go through it and the wall disappears. Just curious. I'll get 02 game and we can race on the net (I've gotta dsl link).
No, I haven't seen any graphics artifacts like that, and really none that detract from the usability of the game. I have a PIII-550 and an NVidia Ge-Force DDR based graphics card. At medium settings, performance is decent, but I really want to upgrade to a faster CPU and graphics card and run everything at the highest resolution levels.

I am curious about your experiences with the game in terms of the vehicle setup. When I first started playing I was using the generic profiles for each venue and had all the drivers aids enabled until I got familiar with the controls, handling, etc.

Now I have all the driver's aids turned off except clutch assistance, traction control, and anti-lock brakes. My lap times are OK, and I can easily beat the other cars on race day on the tracks I have practiced with the AI drivers level set at 80%. And I also found out the predefined vehicle settings that are customized for the best setup for that particular track...a normal one and a "grip" one for each track. I started using the normal one and my times dropped about 3-4 seconds per lap. But I found this information only by trial and error...it wasn't in the documentation.

The one frustrating thing where I think the vehicle AI is off a bit is with the levels of grip that the AI cars have compared to the one I'm driving. Even with a perfect setup for a track, when I am pushing the limits of grip in all the turns the AI cars seem like they're on rails going through all the turns.

I don't know if I need to go through advanced setup and tweak more of the handling stuff to get that level of grip. If so, I am in way over my head.

Still a great game though. Let me know if/when you get it and we'll see if we can race multiplayer.

- Mike