Money & Investing Learn how to get rich on the housing bubble and the bull market…

Asian Markets Plunge on Worries That US Is Sliding Into Recession

Old 01-16-2008, 02:46 AM
Iro Ridg .308

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Asian Markets Plunge on Worries That US Is Sliding Into Recession

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080116/world_markets.html

Hope everyone's locking profits while they can and where possible (depending on type of investment).

Protection first. Accumulation second.

Last edited by special-ed; 01-16-2008 at 02:48 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:38 PM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts

I'm gonna attempt to say this as nicely as possible. When teh Life Insurance Sales Slappy says "SELL", Mr. Contrarian says You BUY now Joe!

Since when does churning overpriced whole life policies make one a market timing expert?

Leave teh market calls to the experts like

Old 01-16-2008, 05:15 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Old 01-16-2008, 05:17 PM
I feel the need...

I mean c'mon, dunno why special-ed is so proud of schlepping life insurance.

Life Insurance Sales Slappy' are a dime a dozen.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:41 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Old 01-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Iro Ridg .308

What's wrong with life insurance? Any sound financial plan will have one.

.....and if you weren't so quick to shoot your load, you'd see in my sig that I am a FINRA SECURITIES Registered Rep and INVESTMENT Advisor. Apparently your ignorance has shown because ANY broker or financial advisor (ANY) who deals/consults with financial products such as individual stocks, mutual funds, commodities, etc needs these licenses even if they don't "schlep" insurance.

I happen to work for the largest, Private and Mutual Insurance firm in the nation who has been in the business of protecting, accumulating, and conserving people's assets for 163 years. Clients that include the Rockefellers, Nat King Cole, General George Custer, Harry Houdini, Susan B. Anthony and 10 US Presidents.

So I tell you what.....I'll give you the opportunity to save some face because it's clearly obvious when it comes to finance, financial planning and management, you're probably part of the 75% of the US population that doesn't know what the hell they're doing. But since your the pro, instead of wasting my time and yours, let me pass you off to my admin so she can save you any further disgrace. At least I can continue helping the good people here who are open minded enough to take my posts into consideration.

"Susie, could you please show this person to the door and ignore his future calls? Thank you......and Sir, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Goodbye."

Last edited by special-ed; 01-16-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:31 PM
I feel the need...

Originally Posted by special-ed
What's wrong with life insurance? Any sound financial plan will have one.
Nothing wrong with life insurance per se, except when said Life Insurance Sales Slappy quotes a Yahoo biz article about Asian markets being down a fraction relative to their stupendous run the last few years and thinks he's a stating something we don't know.

General George Custer

I wouldn't give you such a hard time if you weren't flogging your employer like it's a biggie, you should know on the interweb, that's a

Oh, and congrats on having a secretary, that's quite novel!

Lemme know when you earn your and save your first million, then we'll let you move up from the kiddie table.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Iro Ridg .308

"Hi Susie. A Mr. Liberace on the phone? Could you let him know that I'm busy.....tell him I'm eating some popcorn!"

Old 01-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Iro Ridg .308

....I can't wait for the new alias/ghost-writer to show up! ROFL!

Old 01-16-2008, 06:46 PM
I feel the need...

Be a man and stop lurking.

And stop gloating about being a FINRA rep, it don't mean shit: FINRA is an SRO. The fact that you are fronting as an "advisor" is a complete giveaway that you are an amateur.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Making it Happen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fibonacci
Be a man and stop lurking.

And stop gloating about being a FINRA rep, it don't mean shit: FINRA is an SRO. The fact that you are fronting as an "advisor" is a complete giveaway that you are an amateur.
HAHAH that guy just got owned...if you're long on good stock you won't have a problem..even if the market takes them down for now.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:47 AM
Iro Ridg .308

Originally Posted by Renegade
HAHAH that guy just got owned...if you're long on good stock you won't have a problem..even if the market takes them down for now.
If you knew anything about swing trading, you wouldn't even make this statement.
You're a cheerleader, stay on the sidelines where you belong.

I can see it already:

"Liberace, Liberace, He's our man! If he can't do it.......ummm what's the next line?"

ROFL!

Oh man! Thanks for the laugh Renegade. I've been working late on a few cases for the last couple of weeks. Really needed this. LOL!
Old 01-17-2008, 05:43 AM
Iro Ridg .308

My Last Remark to Liberace and His Sidekick Wonder, The Evil "Renegade"

First off, let me begin by saying I am now speaking from a personal level and not from a financial professional, financial expert, nor a representative point of view of NYL/NYLIM as I do not wish in anyway to have my personal comments tarnish the Integrity/Image of NYL/NYLIM that they have spent 163 years building.

Now, I HARDLY ever talk down to others. I even gave you a chance to save some face. However since you're too stupid to figure out I put you on "ignore" 100 posts ago and you continue to jabber your mouth off, I'll be mature enough to make this last statement then walk away. This will be my last response to you, your cheerleaders, your new aliases, and to this thread.

It's painfully obvious you have no clue about the financial planning process nor the Insurance Industry. In particular, the LIFE Insurance Industry and it's part in a sound financial plan. Unfortunately for you, since time is money, I'm not going to waste any more time with a person like you who's too stupid/lazy to do their own research.

However, since you portray yourself as a hard-ass who enjoys "Fibonacci" sequences and probably other mathematical stumpers, I'll provide a couple of figures to the equation. Hopefully you have the smarts to figure the rest out. You can even get help from Mr. Renegade if it becomes too difficult.

So, insurance is bad. Hmmm.......let's look at some variables shall we?

1 - Mr Warren Buffett. 2nd most wealthiest person in the world. Berkshire Hathaway Inc., Buffett's INSURANCE and investment holding company.

2 - Stock Charts. INSURANCE companies versus others. 5 year charts.

METLIFE

Berkshire Hathaway Inc - Class A Shares

compared to....

These companies below I'm sure have made many people wealthy, but....

Morgan Stanley

Merrill Lynch

JPMorgan Chase

Citigroup Inc.

.......now I'm no Wall Street tycoon or multi-millionaire (yet), but if I were an investor and could read basic chart technicals, I wonder where I would at least consider putting some money whether through individual shares (for example Metlife) or through being a policy holder (New York Life)?

In addition, with all the large write-downs by some of these larger financial institutions who are supposed to be the "experts", why would you risk your money with them if they can't even handle their own and companies overseas are having to help bail them out?

3 - Tax Advantages: Federal Income Taxes and Capital Gains Taxes on Insurance versus Securities held in an Individual Account

.....oh wait a minute, there are no Taxable gains or Federal Income Taxes on distributions from a Whole Life Insurance Policy. Silly me.

....so you have 200k in your 401k but die, only to leave half of that if you're lucky to your beneficiaries after Federal Income Taxes and Federal/State Estate taxes. Yet, if you were smart enough to think ahead and put 50k into life insurance premiums for a 1 Million dollar face amount/death benefit, 1 Million would go to your beneficiaries Federal Income Tax free. Hmmm....considering the possibility of Income Tax brackets rising, I wonder where I could put some extra money to hedge the chance of this happening?

Disclosure: I am not a CPA or tax advisor. Do not take my statements as fact. Having said that, consult your CPA or tax advisor.

4 - Fortune 100 Companies

You don't think major players such as Walmart, Exxon, General Motors, GE, Google, and Large Partnerships have some sort of Key Employee Insurance or Buy-Sell Agreements in place? All Life Insurance Products Liberace.

So figure it out schmolie. You don't even have to visit the Louvre and spend hours staring at the Mona Lisa for additional clues to figure this one out. For your sake, I really hope you have half the wits to put part of the puzzle together. If you don't, then for someone who has apparently contributed to this community by being a member since 2004 with OVER 6000+ POSTS, you've wasted the community's time.

I really hope you're good in at least 1 thing in life (besides showing how ignorant you are), because you're a true work of art. Actually, let me take that back because that would be a compliment. You would actually be a waste of space. Matter of fact, I bet you're SO DAMN GOOD at being a waste of space, even your damn SHADOW is a waste of space.

So thank you for the debate. It really allows me to polish up my verbage and rebuttals to overcome idiotic statements such as yours.

Thank you to the kind moderators for allowing this thread/discussion to continue and allow me to rebute in a professional/mature manner. Although investments such as stocks, mutual funds are products that I or my unit's Senior Investment Manager (for extremely high net worth clients) recommend to our clients, many people, such as Mr. Liberace here, have no knowledge on some proper ways to PROTECT assets.

Perhaps this last comment to this thread will at least open some eyes so they may consult their own advisors and see what gaps lay within their own financial plans. If I have done that, then my time spent here in this particular area of the forum is worth my time.

....and one last note Liberace. You might want to change your ID and avatar to something that is more representative of your intellect and stature. Let me finish, by at least saving you the extra time for updating your avatar but I'm sure you can figure out how to resize it....

<insert new I.D. here>

Good night. God bless. Good Riddance and here's a quarter, call someone who cares.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:56 AM
Iro Ridg .308

And for my safety....

First off, let me begin by saying I am now speaking from a personal level and not from a financial professional, financial expert, nor a representative point of view of NYL/NYLIM as I do not wish in anyway to have my personal comments tarnish the Integrity/Image of NYL/NYLIM that they have spent 163 years building.

Now, I HARDLY ever talk down to others. I even gave you a chance to save some face. However since you're too stupid to figure out I put you on "ignore" 100 posts ago and you continue to jabber your mouth off, I'll be mature enough to make this last statement then walk away. This will be my last response to you, your cheerleaders, your new aliases, and to this thread.

It's painfully obvious you have no clue about the financial planning process nor the Insurance Industry. In particular, the LIFE Insurance Industry and it's part in a sound financial plan. Unfortunately for you, since time is money, I'm not going to waste any more time with a person like you who's too stupid/lazy to do their own research.

However, since you portray yourself as a hard-ass who enjoys "Fibonacci" sequences and probably other mathematical stumpers, I'll provide a couple of figures to the equation. Hopefully you have the smarts to figure the rest out. You can even get help from Mr. Renegade if it becomes too difficult.

1 - Mr Warren Buffett. 2nd most wealthiest person in the world. Berkshire Hathaway Inc., Buffett's INSURANCE and investment holding company.

2 - Stock Charts. INSURANCE companies versus others. 5 year charts.

METLIFE

Berkshire Hathaway Inc - Class A Shares

compared to....

These companies below I'm sure have made many people wealthy, but....

Morgan Stanley

Merrill Lynch

JPMorgan Chase

Citigroup Inc.

.......now I'm no Wall Street tycoon or multi-millionaire (yet), but if I were an investor and could read basic chart technicals, I wonder where I would at least consider putting some money whether through individual shares (for example Metlife) or through being a policy holder (New York Life)?

In addition, with all the large write-downs by some of these larger financial institutions who are supposed to be the "experts", why would you risk your money with them if they can't even handle their own and companies overseas are having to help bail them out?

3 - Tax Advantages: Federal Income Taxes and Capital Gains Taxes on Insurance versus Securities held in an Individual Account

.....oh wait a minute, there are no Taxable gains or Federal Income Taxes on distributions from a Whole Life Insurance Policy. Silly me.

....so you have 200k in your 401k but die, only to leave half of that if you're lucky to your beneficiaries after Federal Income Taxes and Federal/State Estate taxes. Yet, if you were smart enough to think ahead and put 50k into life insurance premiums for a 1 Million dollar face amount/death benefit, 1 Million would go to your beneficiaries Federal Income Tax free. Hmmm....considering the possibility of Income Tax brackets rising, I wonder where I could put some extra money to hedge the chance of this happening?

Disclosure: I am not a CPA or tax advisor. Do not take my statements as fact. Having said that, consult your CPA or tax advisor.

4 - Fortune 100 Companies

You don't think major players such as Walmart, Exxon, General Motors, GE, Google, and Large Partnerships have some sort of Key Employee Insurance or Buy-Sell Agreements in place? All Life Insurance Products Liberace.

So figure it out schmolie. You don't even have to visit the Louvre and spend hours staring at the Mona Lisa for additional clues to figure this one out. For your sake, I really hope you have half the wits to put part of the puzzle together. If you don't, then for someone who has apparently contributed to this community by being a member since 2004 with OVER 6000+ POSTS, you've wasted the community's time.

I really hope you're good in at least 1 thing in life (besides showing how ignorant you are), because you're a true work of art. Actually, let me take that back because that would be a compliment. You would actually be a waste of space. Matter of fact, I bet you're SO DAMN GOOD at being a waste of space, even your damn SHADOW is a waste of space.

So thank you for the debate. It really allows me to polish up my verbage and rebuttals to overcome idiotic statements such as yours.

Thank you to the kind moderators for allowing this thread/discussion to continue and allow me to rebute in a professional/mature manner. Although investments such as stocks, mutual funds are products that I or my unit's Senior Investment Manager (for extremely high net worth clients) recommend to our clients, many people, such as Mr. Liberace here, have no knowledge on some proper ways to PROTECT assets.

Perhaps this last comment to this thread will at least open some eyes so they may consult their own advisors and see what gaps lay within their own financial plans. If I have done that, then my time spent here in this particular area of the forum is worth my time.

....and one last note Liberace. You might want to change your ID and avatar to something that is more representative of your intellect and stature. Let me finish, by at least saving you the extra time for updating your avatar but I'm sure you can figure out how to resize it....

<insert new I.D. here>

Good night. God bless. Good Riddance and here's a quarter, call someone who cares.

Disclosure: I am a FINRA Securities Registered Rep and Investment advisor. In addition I am also a Registered Life Agent. I will not be held liable for advice taken as a result of my postings on the Acurazine Forum.

Please consult your CPA or Tax Advisor regarding any Tax Issues. For further Financial Planning assistance, please consult your Financial Advisor. If you'd like assistance, please feel free to PM me so I may follow up with you via work in a more professional and secure manner.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:44 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, this was a very mature and professional post. Thank you for taking the hight road.
A couple of wonderful displays of maturity and professionalism
So figure it out schmolie.
And of course:
I'll be mature enough to make this last statement then walk away
A debate is a two sided discussion. If you post your comments, ignore the person you are "debating" and then leave the discussion, how is that even close to a debate?

Your generous and improper use of the emoticons is another great way of getting your point across.

Hopefully, this is to all of us. Regardless of your background, education, profession, join date and post count, you are a first class douche. Your arrogance, thin skin and inability to discuss without resorting to name calling and personal attacks speaks volumes about your character. Qualities which I am sure will serve you well in your chosen pyrami... err profession.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:14 PM
I feel the need...

A few questions for the aptly named, special-ed.

1. Dude, how old are you? 34 going on 14?

2. Did I ever say insurance was bad?

3. Why are you repping your employer on teh interweb? It's tacky at best.

A few comments.

1. You need to get a better sense of humor.

2. You need to do your homework before you shoot your mouth off like Water-S.

3. Just because you can post some stock charts and report the news, it does not make you a financial planning genious and God's wealth creating gift to A'zine.

Sincere apologies if I hurt your feelings, I did not mean to dis your chosen field of employment, but I'm sure there are plenty of other well-meaning advisors who are already members of this site, and I'm not aware of any professionals who sport their employers avatar and make disclaimers on every post.

Oh and one last point, one that you should take under advisement:

Disclosure: I am a FINRA Securities Registered Rep and Investment advisor. In addition I am also a Registered Life Agent. I will not be held liable for advice taken as a result of my postings on the Acurazine Forum.

Please consult your CPA or Tax Advisor regarding any Tax Issues. For further Financial Planning assistance, please consult your Financial Advisor. If you'd like assistance, please feel free to PM me so I may follow up with you via work in a more professional and secure manner.
YOU ARE NOT A "FINRA Securities Representative" You do not represent FINRA, got it. FINRA is a SRO (Self Regulatory Organization) which your firm is a member of. Why? For compliance reasons to keep slappies like you from churning/abusing their clients.

Troll for customers elsewhere.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Iro Ridg .308

How sweet. Liberace has his own cheer leading squad. Matching outfits and everything.

"Rah, Rah, sis-boom-ba. Go Liberace!"

Originally Posted by moeronn
Yes, this was a very mature and professional post. Thank you for taking the hight road.
A couple of wonderful displays of maturity and professionalism

And of course:
A debate is a two sided discussion. If you post your comments, ignore the person you are "debating" and then leave the discussion, how is that even close to a debate?

Your generous and improper use of the emoticons is another great way of getting your point across.

Hopefully, this is to all of us. Regardless of your background, education, profession, join date and post count, you are a first class douche. Your arrogance, thin skin and inability to discuss without resorting to name calling and personal attacks speaks volumes about your character. Qualities which I am sure will serve you well in your chosen pyrami... err profession.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:20 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
How sweet. Liberace has his own cheer leading squad. Matching outfits and everything.

"Rah, Rah, sis-boom-ba. Go Liberace!"
It matters not who your posts were directed at. It's the tone of arrogance you exude that has "earned" my responce. Now, please, be a man of your word and stop posting - period.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that was hilarious
Old 03-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Iro Ridg .308

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080116/world_markets.html

Hope everyone's locking profits while they can and where possible (depending on type of investment).

Protection first. Accumulation second.
So, who locked in profits? Good luck in the recession.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:18 PM
I feel the need...

^^ Hey, thanks for the heads up, you're a genius.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:51 PM
I feel the need...

For the record, if it's not obvious already, I find you very fucking annoying Mr. Finra. Guess what, unless you are :killer: and plan to cash in all your chips tomorrow - for most of us who are not on the verge of retirement (which includes me and prob 95% of the peeps on this forum) and have 30 years time horizons.

Like Warren Buffet says, you should be cheering for cheaper assets to buy, not hoping to buy them at more expensive levels.

None of us are gonna get rich by running away from stocks and buying expensive life insurance. So don't go away mad, just go away.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Iro Ridg .308

Don't take my word for it.....
"Most Economists Say Recession Has Arrived as Outlook Darkens"

by Phil Izzo
Thursday, March 13, 2008provided byWSJ (Wall Street Journal)

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bud...utlook-Darkens

Hope your financial plan is a sound one. Good luck......even you too Liberace.

Last edited by special-ed; 03-13-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Iro Ridg .308

Some will never get it. Doesn't hurt to open the blinders from time to time....

Metlife

AIG

Morgan Stanley

Merrill

JPMorgan

Citi

Financial Services Industry Losses:

Life Insurance Industry Earnings:

Lesson learned:
1. Not all financial companies are the same
2. Not all life insurance companies are the same
3. Choose wisely

Disclosure: The above graphs and figures are subject to change
Old 10-13-2008, 03:59 PM
I feel the need...

Still pitching your company on teh interweb, Mr. Finra. At least you were smart enuff to change your handle, jackass.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Iro Ridg .308

There's ma' boy!

I <3 Liberace!

Just the facts ma'am......just the facts. Good day! God loves you
Old 10-13-2008, 04:06 PM
I feel the need...

God loves you
Thanks, but God still thinks you're a jackass too.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
3-day ban.

Good bye.